Thread: Your FTD Wish List for 2011??

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Your FTD Wish List for 2011??

Now that we're almost into the fall season here in the U.S., I was just starting to think about what FTD releases I'd like to see come out in 2011. So I was wondering...what does everyone here think should be released by FTD in 2011??

My wish list:

* Another 1977 show from one of the tours not yet covered by FTD

* The ROUSTABOUT soundtrack - although there aren't too many alternate takes available, I would still like to see this one receive the CLASSIC ALBUMS treatment

* The original MSG album in remastered and improved sound quality (perhaps a double CD with the afternoon show also included)

* A SUPER PACKAGE containing as much of the ELVIS ON TOUR material as they can possibly fit into it!
    !

I'm interested to see what you all are looking/hoping for from FTD in 2011!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Re: Your FTD Wish List for 2011??

I want to see "Kissin Cousins" released on Ftd

Your picks sound good to me! Especially the MSG!!! And as lame as it might sound, I would love to see a "SPEEDWAY" released on FTD. I like several of the songs on that soundtrack and would love to hear Elvis' mood during these recordings! But the two I'd really love to see released are "FOOL" (which is coming soon) and "PROMISED LAND".
    Last edited by Hitchie; 09-20-2010 at 01:23 AM.

"...but the moment that I never think of you, oh how impossible."

International Level

I love for them to find sound board recordings of Elvis Last Concert and maybe release it. (But that is a huge if)

Also, my biggest dream is them to find a soundboard recording of Ashville 75 show where he sings "Pieces of My Life." That was one of his best shows next to the new years eve shows the following year.

Love to all,
    Tim

Promised Land super-duper edition!

Coming On Strong

I think ``on stage`` should be out also, ``promised land`` for sure.
    Steve Grayson

Promised Land . . . . Please Please

Quote Originally Posted by Dudcowboy_1 View Post
    I love for them to find sound board recordings of Elvis Last Concert and maybe release it. (But that is a huge if)

Also, my biggest dream is them to find a soundboard recording of Ashville 75 show where he sings "Pieces of My Life." That was one of his best shows next to the new years eve shows the following year.

Love to all,
    Tim
    DEFINITELY a pair of great choices Tim!!

I actually surprised that the PROMISED LAND album has taken this long to be released...maybe the delay is because of some more unreleased material that Ernst has found and wants to include in the CLASSIC ALBUM version???

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchie View Post
    And as lame as it might sound, I would love to see a "SPEEDWAY" released on FTD. I like several of the songs on that soundtrack and would love to hear Elvis' mood during these recordings!
    If I remember correctly, SPEEDWAY is one of the soundtracks where no new alternates have been found, so I don't know if this one is high up on the priority list for an upgrade. But I also enjoy several of the SPEEDWAY songs, so I also would like to see this one upgraded as well.

TCB!
    Mike

the Sun Project

MSG set of all recordings

Houston Astrodome set of recordings

set of all the 70's Memphis concerts would be cool too
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Now that we're almost into the fall season here in the U.S., I was just starting to think about what FTD releases I'd like to see come out in 2011. So I was wondering...what does everyone here think should be released by FTD in 2011??

My wish list:

* Another 1977 show from one of the tours not yet covered by FTD

* The ROUSTABOUT soundtrack - although there aren't too many alternate takes available, I would still like to see this one receive the CLASSIC ALBUMS treatment

* The original MSG album in remastered and improved sound quality (perhaps a double CD with the afternoon show also included)

* A SUPER PACKAGE containing as much of the ELVIS ON TOUR material as they can possibly fit into it!
    !

I'm interested to see what you all are looking/hoping for from FTD in 2011!!

TCB!
    Mike
    All of your choices are good ones Mike.

Also I'd like to to see an

'Elvis In Hawaii' FTD over two volumes of all Elvis' performances in the Islands from '57, '61, '72 and '73 (or as much of it they have).

Soundtack CDs of 'A Change Of Habit' and 'The Trouble With Girls'

A live Album from Jan/Feb '70, Las Vegas.
    That aint tactics honey....that's just the beast in me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/GeordieBroon/elvisheader.jpg

Elvis PRESLEY:The most important, most influential artist of the 20th century. b. 8 Jan 1935, Mississippi, US, d. 16 Aug 1977. He holds, or has held, almost every chart-related record including perhaps the most important: more No.1s than any act in chart history.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post

'Elvis In Hawaii' FTD over two volumes of all Elvis' performances in the Islands from '57, '61, '72 and '73 (or as much of it they have).
    That would certainly be an interesting package jon...

Although I would suspect that they wouldn't include the ALOHA show in something like that because they would probably give ALOHA the classic albums treatment if they chose to release it through FTD at some point. My guess though is the ALOHA show won't get an FTD release, simply because it is such a well-known show and there really aren't any missing songs that were edited out of the show when it was released on the main label (unlike the MEMPHIS '74 show, which was originally edited but had all the edited songs added back into the show when FTD released it). There is a little missing dialogue between the album and the video, but certainly nothing that I think would warrant FTD to release it in the classic album series. But then again, I thought FTD would release the PROMISED LAND upgrade before they would work on the FOOL upgrade, so I guess you never know...

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    That would certainly be an interesting package jon...

Although I would suspect that they wouldn't include the ALOHA show in something like that because they would probably give ALOHA the classic albums treatment if they chose to release it through FTD at some point. My guess though is the ALOHA show won't get an FTD release, simply because it is such a well-known show and there really aren't any missing songs that were edited out of the show when it was released on the main label (unlike the MEMPHIS '74 show, which was originally edited but had all the edited songs added back into the show when FTD released it). There is a little missing dialogue between the album and the video, but certainly nothing that I think would warrant FTD to release it in the classic album series. But then again, I thought FTD would release the PROMISED LAND upgrade before they would work on the FOOL upgrade, so I guess you never know...

TCB!
    Mike
    Yeah, I agree with you Mike there are only small bits of dialogue missing and probably wouldn't warrant a release on its own. But put together in a small set with other 'Hawaii' shows would make it a great release IMHO.
    That aint tactics honey....that's just the beast in me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/GeordieBroon/elvisheader.jpg

Elvis PRESLEY:The most important, most influential artist of the 20th century. b. 8 Jan 1935, Mississippi, US, d. 16 Aug 1977. He holds, or has held, almost every chart-related record including perhaps the most important: more No.1s than any act in chart history.

A soundboard recording from the july 75 tour
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you Mike there are only small bits of dialogue missing and probably wouldn't warrant a release on its own. But put together in a small set with other 'Hawaii' shows would make it a great release IMHO.
    Certainly not a bad idea indeed...

TCB!
    Mike