Thread: Any TCB musicians here? A Request for TCB people.

Any TCB musicians here? A Request for TCB people.

I was wondering if there are some fellow ELvis Fans musicians over here, we all love hear Elvis the most, but there are also some of us who like to play his music too. Anyone here that plays and instrument knows how great it is when you finally get that part of an Elvis tune right, yeah! just like James Burton played it!

There?s a lot of printed ELvis music outvthere, tabs, piano, chords etc. and also some stuff in the net, but the little tricks here and there when you play are what makes the diference isn?t it? All books just say Suspicious Minds in G, however I never got Suspicious Minds right until I found out how to do it with an open tuning, then there you go, just like they did it in the American Studios!

So my idea is first to know if there is some people interested into sharing some musical knowledge about Elvis, about singing for the singers, guitar and bass stuff for the guitar players, piano chord progresions, and so on...

For the TCB moderators it would be great to have space in the forums for that, and if that its not really a posibility, maybe we can have a thread so we can share that and see how it works?

Thanks!

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    I was wondering if there are some fellow ELvis Fans musicians over here, we all love hear Elvis the most, but there are also some of us who like to play his music too. Anyone here that plays and instrument knows how great it is when you finally get that part of an Elvis tune right, yeah! just like James Burton played it!

There?s a lot of printed ELvis music outvthere, tabs, piano, chords etc. and also some stuff in the net, but the little tricks here and there when you play are what makes the diference isn?t it? All books just say Suspicious Minds in G, however I never got Suspicious Minds right until I found out how to do it with an open tuning, then there you go, just like they did it in the American Studios!

So my idea is first to know if there is some people interested into sharing some musical knowledge about Elvis, about singing for the singers, guitar and bass stuff for the guitar players, piano chord progresions, and so on...

For the TCB moderators it would be great to have space in the forums for that, and if that its not really a posibility, maybe we can have a thread so we can share that and see how it works?

Thanks!

This is a wonderful idea. Unfortunately I can't add anything, but it would be wonderful reading.

I'm sure people will be very interested.

Jess

Thanks for your kind reply Jess, let´s hope some other members will be interested....

Backstage Pass Wild_In_The_Country's Avatar
    If anybody needs vocal advice/guidance just ask.

i also play, piano, guitar, bass and not to bad with a violin,

by the way this song was done in my bedroom so excuse the lack of a proper pianio and drums etc.
    Click here for "Gulity Secrets"
    Song/lyrics written,arranged,performed and produced by me,
    Last edited by Wild_In_The_Country; 04-08-2007 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_In_The_Country View Post

by the way this song was done in my bedroom so excuse the lack of a proper pianio and drums etc.
    Wild in the Country thanks for sharing this, great knowing about you, would you be interested in trading some Elvis (Burton/Moore) guitar licks on a futher thread, or to colaborate in adding a section here in TCB devoted to some musical guidance for the ones interested in playing Elvis music?

Backstage Pass Wild_In_The_Country's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Wild in the Country thanks for sharing this, great knowing about you, would you be interested in trading some Elvis (Burton/Moore) guitar licks on a futher thread, or to colaborate in adding a section here in TCB devoted to some musical guidance for the ones interested in playing Elvis music?
    would be more than happy to, i will try and upload some of my versions of a few EP songs

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_In_The_Country View Post

Enjoyed this, very nice, thank you. I don't play any instrument well enough to contribute to this topic, but would love to read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Enjoyed this, very nice, thank you. I don't play any instrument well enough to contribute to this topic, but would love to read about it.
    Well in fact this could be a way for some fans to improve their playing or even dare to grab a guitar or any other musical instrument and learn the basics playing Elvis music, sounds cool huh?

Thanks for your kind reply and thanks Wild in the Country for sharing your stuff!

I think a section with this kind of information would be fabulous. I play piano, also some guitar, bass and drums, and I wouldn't mind contributing in some way.

It's time some of the players and technical people behind Elvis got some credit too. Listening to Elvis records and hearing players like Floyd Cramer, David Briggs, Dudley Brooks and Glen Hardin have influenced my playing style tremendously. Not that I claim to be anywhere close to where they were!
    "I can't see my reflection in the water. I can't speak the sounds that show no pain. I can't hear the echo of my footsteps. I can't remember the sound of my own name" - Tomorrow Is A Long Time