Thread: From Elvis Presley Boulevard

From Elvis Presley Boulevard

I am desperately trying to find a copy of this classic Elvis release on CD. When I was married to my second wife, behind my back she started selling off my Elvis CDs. Since the divorce, for the last five years, I've been attepmting to replace it with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to look for it? Help!

After a quick check, it seems currently both Ebay and Amazon have this CD available.

Incidentally, this albums contents have also been issued on an expanded 'Moody Blue' CD.

You can read more about that (expanded) disc on the TCB-World forum by clicking the following link.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=5281

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    One easy way to get it, if you're not aware, would be on the Moody Blue (w/ Bonus Tracks) CD from 2000, which includes the entire Boulevard album. It's widely available.

...you won't forget me when I go.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Well yeah, if you put it that way, Mark.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Seems like I just beat you to the reply button, Bobby.

I do have the expanded edition myself and found it to be a welcome method of housing the Jungle Room masters in one location.

'It's Easy For You' may even sound that little bit clearer to my ears on this release than on the original 'Moody Blue' album.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Oh man, no disrespect but thats a crapy wife dude! Something similar happened to me, not exactly the same way but ah, I had a girlfriend and I made a big fan of her, and I borrow her lots of Elvis CD´s and old VHS tapes, then we broke up and no cds back,and those were the good ones dam it, at least she´s enjoing the king man, but now Im little by litte getting back my Elvis collection once again, which by the way is not to bad cause many of those lost cd´s were the ones that were remastered for the first time late 80's early 90's and they were not as good as the new remasters with extra tracks and some of them with DSD sound which is cool enought, and for Elvis is Back I rather go now directly for the FTD version of it.

Anyway dont think you got a lot of trouble finding that one, altrough It will have to be as the Moody Blue expanded, but you may get the original Memphis Boulevard as a used CD on Amazon. By the way, why they had to change the original cover of the Moody Blue LP? that was a classic, the current one is not bad but a, you would change the cover of Elvis first album for any pic circa ´56 would you? I mean you just dont do that.

Ok, so which do I get then? the original on CD, or the "Moody Blue" expanded version that has it? Which is better? I'm most concerned about price and sound quality here.

Well if it just about price and sound quality, and if you dont mind they ruined the original LP cover I think the expanded Moody Blue is the better choice, that if youre going to a record shop, but if you are familiar with web shoping and you dont really want to spend much, I think you may get the original Memphis Boulevard Cd used on Amazon or E bay for something like $5.80 or so.

Now if you dont mind spending your money why dont you get on amazon the cheapest used Memphis Boulevard and a copy of The Jungle Room Session onf the FTD label?

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Now if you dont mind spending your money why dont you get on amazon the cheapest used Memphis Boulevard and a copy of The Jungle Room Session onf the FTD label?
    Ok, Raised On Rock....I'm not sure I understand. You mean there's an FTD release that features all this material from "From Elvis Presley Boulevard" and "Moody Blue"? I wasn't aware of that. Would it be better to get that and skip buying either the original release or the "Moody Blue" expanded version? Now I'm really confused as to what to do.....

The FTD contains alternate takes of the songs from the original lp.If you want the original cd just go to Amazon.com and type in the original cd title.You will find one.The expanded version of Moody Blue is just an upgrade they did several years ago.They just added extra tracks.If you got it you would have all the songs you are looking for.
    Jak

I would say the updated Moody Blue cd. The sound is just great, and it's two albums for the price of one.

Sonny

i would also say the FTD is a great companion piece also.if you like that material you would greatly enjoy the FTD.I think it's one of their best.
    Jak

Well, you know what they say about getting older....the memory is the first to go....lol. I was putting away my Elvis CDs tonight and discovered I do indeed have the "Moody Blue" expanded version.....I still wanna replace the original "From Elvis Presley Boulevard" CD at some point though, cause my ex sold it. Meantime, if anyone has that FTD release "The Jungle Room Sessions" and can make me a copy until I can afford to buy it, I'd be appreciated. It's hard buying Elvis CDs when you live on only $40 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandude View Post
    Well, you know what they say about getting older....the memory is the first to go....lol. I was putting away my Elvis CDs tonight and discovered I do indeed have the "Moody Blue" expanded version.....I still wanna replace the original "From Elvis Presley Boulevard" CD at some point though, cause my ex sold it. Meantime, if anyone has that FTD release "The Jungle Room Sessions" and can make me a copy until I can afford to buy it, I'd be appreciated. It's hard buying Elvis CDs when you live on only $40 per month.
    So you had it in the end hehehe... it happens; yeah FTD´s are expencive, unfortunately I dont have "The Jungle Room Sessions" to make you a copy, but if someone want to share it with you, and a.. also with me cause I mean I huh.. we all love Elvis here! haha I recomend a program called Pando, you can downloaded it for free over here: http://www.pando.com thanks for Sharing!
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 11-26-2006 at 06:38 AM.

Please, PM each other about trading and things like that.

Sonny