Thread: Aloha From...Hawaii?

Roustabouts

Last edited by Jouni; 05-14-2009 at 01:45 PM.

As far as I know they considered to do the show by the end of 1972, but MGM didn't want to conflict the show with the release of "Elvis On Tour". You can't make too much money with a concert move when the same thing is shown on televison for free. So they changed plans and delayed it a bit. But they did three rehearsal shows in Hawaii during Elvis' November tour. Elvis was supposed to get to know the stage at the HIC and there are rumors that RCA VICTOR taped at least one of the performances to test their quadrophonic - recording equipment. But officially no recordings where made. Who knows.....

Cadillac King

the original aloha

the original ``aloha`` was scheduled for November 18, 1972. The JapanTv filmed the 8;30 perfromance with Elvis and the Tifany suit. But you know the story with MGM complained to Parker. On some video boot there`s some pieces of that performance. I have CC Rider, I Got A Woman. You Don`t Have To Say You Love Me`` and around 1 minute of ``Love Me`` and I can tell you that the quality is very very good! I think this is the next thing that will come out somewhere on DVD! have a nice day, bogarcon.

International Level

Cool

Yeah it's filmed. Don't hoild your breath for a release though! Quality is very good though.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouni
    I can't believe they haven't released that show yet. Is this footage owned by EPE?

Jouni
    No they don`t have it, because they don`t what is out there and they don`t even know what they have! But a guy in California own a copy of it. You see, the original telecast of the Aloha in japan was 3 hours. The Aloha show, plus part of On tour, special studio hosts (japanese tv personality) plus the november concert (part of it). I have this on video, the quality is not good but I wanted because I wanted to see the difference between the US and japanese version from 1973. have a nice day, bogarcon

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouni
    I see. Since you mentioned that you have some pieces of that November show, can you tell me what you think of the concert? Would you say that it's even a better show than the Aloha(January) show?

Jouni
    Hi Jouni, I think for myself, the first thing that it`s better it`s the audience reaction. The band also is less serious and Elvis is performing well even if he seems that he have a little more weight..if you see what I mean but what I have is already better than the first 2 or 3 songs from the January show. That`s mu personal opinion because I have some footages of it and maybe the rest of the show is less better..I didn`t see it all. But Aloha was good for sure..but the alternate is a little bit better..what do you think? have a nice day, bogarcon