Thread: Elvis In Person at the International Hotel

Elvis In Person at the International Hotel

With the recent release of the FTD "All Shook Up" CD, is there any chance that RCA/BMG/Sony will release a remstered/expanded edition of the "Elvis In Person" CD?

The majority of the songs featured on that CD are from the 8/25 Midnight Show, and in my humble opinion are very hard to beat, even for the King.

The band is on fire and for me, Elvis' vocals are at their peak. James Burton's guitar work on the version of Hould Dog featured here is blistering hot and Ronnie Tut is pounding out lightening fast machine-gun drum work. The only problem I have with it is that it's much too short. Burton's guitar work is also top flight on Johnny B. Good and the Mystery Train/Tiger Man medley. For my money, the version of Mystery Train/Tiger Man is the ultimate version of this song.

While the FTD "All Shook Up" and "At The International" CD's are
    GREAT, I still prefer the "In Person" CD. Luckily, I was able to pick up a copy of the 2001 Japanese "Paper Sleeve" edition, which does feature better sound than the standard U.S. release, but I'm hoping to see an expanded/remastered re-release of this classic live cd.

P.S. I haven't yet purchased the FTD "Polk Salad Annie" cd, and am curious to know from those of you who have, how you would rate/review the version of Hound Dog found on that release. I've read that Elvis includes the "They Told Me You Was High Classed" verse that I've never heard on a live version post Comeback. How would you rate/review it against the "In Person" version, which to me, is one of the hardest rocking songs ever captured on tape. Again, much too short in length.
    Last edited by BJBAmerica; 11-15-2005 at 01:42 AM.

Elvis4ever
    From what I read, Elvis in Person had overdubs recorded later so we can't really compare the playing or some of the vocals since they were touched up in the same manner as On Stage 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by BJBAmerica
    With the recent release of the FTD "All Shook Up" CD, is there any chance that RCA/BMG/Sony will release a remstered/expanded edition of the "Elvis In Person" CD?

The majority of the songs featured on that CD are from the 8/25 Midnight Show, and in my humble opinion are very hard to beat, even for the King.

The band is on fire and for me, Elvis' vocals are at their peak. James Burton's guitar work on the version of Hould Dog featured here is blistering hot and Ronnie Tut is pounding out lightening fast machine-gun drum work. The only problem I have with it is that it's much too short. Burton's guitar work is also top flight on Johnny B. Good and the Mystery Train/Tiger Man meledy. For my money, the version of Mystery Train/Tiger Man is the ultimate version of this song.

While the FTD "All Shook Up" and "At The International" CD's are
    GREAT, I still prefer the "In Person" CD. Luckily, I was able to pick up a copy of the 2001 Japanese "Paper Sleeve" edition, which does feature better sound than the standard U.S. release, but I'm hoping to see an expanded/remastered re-release of this classic live cd.

P.S. I haven't yet purchased the FTD "Polk Salad Annie" cd, and am curious to know from those of you who have, how you would rate/review the version of Hound Dog found on that release. I've read that Elvis includes the "They Told Me You Was High Classed" verse that I've never heard on a live version post Comeback. How would you rate/review it against the "In Person" version, which to me, is one of the hardest rocking songs ever captured on tape. Again, much too short in length.
    I would say that the FTD version of Hound Dog 1970 is much better than "in person" , but that's just my opinion...
    It's true that the 69 version is very powerfull, but this one has , like you say, the missing part...and musicaly it's very powerfull too....
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

overdubbs or not, that was a great album, very underrated, I think its a classic, the cover is a must, an up graded version of that one, just as it was but with improved sound, not a stripted down version as it happened with On Stage.

Some Bonus songs like Baby Whant You Want Me TO DO, Funny How TImes Sliped Away, Reconsider Baby and What I Say will do of that one a killer album...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In Person.jpg