Thread: Charlie Hodge TV Interview w/ rare concert footage!

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

Exclamation Charlie Hodge TV Interview w/ rare concert footage!

WBBM in Chicago recently did an interview with Charlie Hodge. During the interview, there is some rare fan-filmed concert footage shown, plus lots of rare photgraphs too!

Here's the link:

http://cbs2chicago.com/siteSearch/lo...131200724.html

The link to the video footage is underneath the Article Title near the top of the page.

Enjoy!
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Excellent stuff Boss Man! God only knows how much unseen footage still remains out there. It was nice of Charlie Hodge to open up his private collection.

The concert footage included in the clip you posted there, Steve, appears to be part of that which was included on Charlies video 'The Elvis I Knew'.

The afore mentioned video does showcase some great quality clips, often times all to briefly, one wonders just how long the complete reels used in that video production run for - and whether they might ever be released in a more complete form onto the collectors market.

Charlies video really does capture some magic concert moments, perahps it's time for a reissue on DVD together with longer footage clips as a bonus.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

International Level
    Thanks for that excellent link

One thing that always makes me laugh, though, is how so many proclaim themselves to have been "Elvis' best friend"......

Captain, maybe you can shed some light on this. Who, in your opinion, really was Elvis' BEST friend, if indeed he really had one, and who was friends with Elvis for the longest, uninterrupted, time?

Hodge's video is recommended for the RARE 70's concert footage alone.

Other than that, his video is heavy on the positive & heavy on the MYTH.

Hodge definitely has critical pieces to the puzzle ......... & has not / does not / & will not, reveal all.

---------------------

EP didn't really have a SINGLE best friend (he either didn't need one, wasn't able to, or never found one - all a consequence of who he was on multiple levels).

Rather, he had many filling that role, at different times during his life. That said, ..... you really only saw one side of the man depending on whether you were a guy or a lady as well. This is why I often say, ALL have critical pieces to the equation.

Towards the end, EP felt he had been betrayed by many & had turned inward towards family. Billy Smith played the biggest role in the friend department during EP's darkest hour.

EP had a way to make all feel as if they were #1 in his eyes. Hence, many genuinely feel that they were his "Best Friend." (Do you blame them? Wouldn't any of us, as well?).

- Capt. "EL."

International Level
    Well, ya know, it just confused me, because when I was at that Graceland poolparty as a kid he distinctly told me "Ya know, you're such a cute kid. Let's be best friends!"

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I have to agree with Mark that Charlie's video does contain some fantastic concert footage captured by fans. I wonder does he know that he's "sitting on a gold mine" with that stuff?

Also, did any of you see the still photographs in there as well? I saw many that I've never seen before either.

One thing I did notice was how Charlie still sticks to his story of Elvis having bone cancer. From all the many stories and articles from people who were supposed to be "close" to Elvis, I've never seen any evidence of this.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man
    I have to agree with Mark that Charlie's video does contain some fantastic concert footage captured by fans. I wonder does he know that he's "sitting on a gold mine" with that stuff?
    BELIEVE ME BIG BOSS....knowing what an opportunist Charlie is, I am SURE he is fully aware of what his rare concert footage is worth! I'm sure he is just sitting on the videos until he receives the biggest offer for them that he can!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Great stuff! Is there a way to save it on HD?

Thanks for the link Big Boss Man!!!

I find most of the links here really fasinating to say the least and enjoy reading everthing I can about Elvis. Thanks again... There is some great footage of Elvis there.. Dovey