Thread: Press conference in Houston,Texas

Press conference in Houston,Texas

This screeshots are taken from Elvis The Man And The Music".The pics were taken during the press conference Elvis held before the concert in Houston,Texas

TCB

Veronik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PDVD_000.jpg   PDVD_001.jpg   PDVD_003.jpg  

PDVD_008.jpg   PDVD_010.jpg  

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Re: Press conference in Houston,Texas

Elvis didn't look (and sound) right during this interview. His speech was a bit slurred and his eyes.... well, weren't quite the same as in Elvis TTWII.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Great pictures though, thank you. You never know with Elvis whether he was under the influence, just tired or pre-occupied with something else.

The eyes, I think he was just tired, I mean after a long season in Vegas and a long flight, you can't be with energy levels at 100% and the spark on your eyes. But overal he looked healthy and lucid to me.

The slurr, he always since the 50's seemed to show that when he was relaxed or off guard-not making and effort for prerfect speech, I think that was just him.

I personally enjoy this interview pretty much, it was a crusial time in Elvis career, and he rarely did this type of long detailed interviews. So its so nice to me to watch him this way, just being him talking about music and stuff.

I just love two other precious lost press conferences will surface someday: the ones at the opening season in vegas in July '69, and the one around the time of the making of the '68 comback TV special. No, I don't think they were even filmed, to bad.

Last edited by Raised on Rock; 01-28-2011 at 07:55 AM.