Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for an explanation?

Time for an explanation?

I'm not 'having a go', I enjoy coming on here...but isn't it time there was a proper discussion of whats happening with tcb-world?

It up, down, back up, down again.......cant anyone find out what's happening, why the gallery isn't running anymore?

dont understand why this past year there's so many problems with the site

thanks Deb
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Re: Time for an explanation?

I agree with you Deb.

I would love to know when this place will be fully operational, like it was before last July.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I'm not 'having a go', I enjoy coming on here...but isn't it time there was a proper discussion of whats happening with tcb-world?

It up, down, back up, down again.......cant anyone find out what's happening, why the gallery isn't running anymore?

thanks Deb
    I totally agree. Even Obamacare's website runs smoother than this place does. And that's not saying much at all. I just so happened to accidentally click on the TCB World extension on my Google Chrome browser and saw the site back up to my surprise. But I doubt it stays up. It's like the mods have abandoned ship here.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Lightbulb Re: Time for an explanation?

I understand your frustrations, I really do BUT you must remember that no one ever asks us for money and it does cost money to keep the site going. Albert , does the best he can(I'm very grateful that TCB is up right now, very much grateful) and I'm sure Albert and all our fine Mod's have a life so to speak away from TCB so honestly I could never complain because everyday you don't get something for free. Donations do go a long way of which I have not offered BUT if it means keeping the site going I'm sure they will let us members know. Very grateful we are up today and thank you to everyone involved in doing so !! Lets have fun, (Elvis fun) !!

Take care everyone,
    rams
    .the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image......................

thanks Deb
    I agree!! In 100%.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Quote Originally Posted by rams View Post
    I understand your frustrations, I really do BUT you must remember that no one ever asks us for money and it does cost money to keep the site going. Albert , does the best he can(I'm very grateful that TCB is up right now, very much grateful) and I'm sure Albert and all our fine Mod's have a life so to speak away from TCB so honestly I could never complain because everyday you don't get something for free. Donations do go a long way of which I have not offered BUT if it means keeping the site going I'm sure they will let us members know. Very grateful we are up today and thank you to everyone involved in doing so !! Lets have fun, (Elvis fun) !!

Take care everyone,
    rams
    Rams, this really is a great response and to an extent I agree. My main issue is the general apathy that is exhibited here by the admin and mods. There are a few mods who are members on fecc who haven't even shown their faces yet and in my mind, that says a lot about the future of this site.

I know how expensive and time consuming running a site is and it's not unusual for members to donate, but that is an individual choice and one that I won't even consider at this moment in time.

There is a part of me that really wants to go in hard here, but I'll be burning bridges and confidences if I do. Catch 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    I agree with you Deb.

I would love to know when this place will be fully operational, like it was before last July.

thanks Deb
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Rams, this really is a great response and to an extent I agree. My main issue is the general apathy that is exhibited here by the admin and mods. There are a few mods who are members on fecc who haven't even shown their faces yet and in my mind, that says a lot about the future of this site.

I know how expensive and time consuming running a site is and it's not unusual for members to donate, but that is an individual choice and one that I won't even consider at this moment in time.

There is a part of me that really wants to go in hard here, but I'll be burning bridges and confidences if I do. Catch 22.
    Agree with you ...but ...
    I think that if you have any payments are needed,
    we should know about.
    I do not know how many people will pay. I am able to pass on a certain amount of TCB - World Site.
    On one condition, that it will be acted as Sneake writes ...
    Thank you in advance for your answer
    elvia7
    I'll Remember You!!!

Roustabouts

Some sections ares till down!!

wow its back, when did it come back, i haven't tried to log in for about 2 weeks as i was thinking the site was gone
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    wow its back, when did it come back, i haven't tried to log in for about 2 weeks as i was thinking the site was
    gone
    Someone made a thread about it on the fecc the other day, then it was the following day it was back up. Pure luck someone even checked it, because I haven't done that for ages.

I still have doubt the site will work well again. I don't know what's happening to the site, but I'm really sorry...

I LOVE
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

still not working right...sometimes the posts people make don't show on the actual page they've commented on till later....but they show as 'being there' on the Elvis 'homepage'..so to speak;-)
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

If I'm not mistaken, Albert DID come on here when the site came back on Christmas Day and explained the reasons the site was down AND he also said that it will take a long time before the site here (including the picture gallery) would be back up and running normally. I do believe that his schedule for the return of the picture gallery was not to be anytime before the end of 2014. Please just be patient. We all want the site back up and running normally ASAP but...it's going to be a while. I'm just glad that we're back up and running despite the board not functioning the way that it should.

If I'm not mistaken, Albert DID come on here when the site came back on Christmas Day and explained the reasons the site was down AND he also said that it will take a long time before the site here (including the picture gallery) would be back up and running normally. I do believe that his schedule for the return of the picture gallery was not to be anytime before the end of 2014. Please just be patient. We all want the site back up and running normally ASAP but...it's going to be a while. I'm just glad that we're back up and running despite the board not functioning the way that it should.

Wow! Open Again?

We all KNOW why the board was initially down Tony.

What was the reason for being offline for a further couple of months? Were any noticeable repairs made while it was offline? I just think a heads up would be nice. We need to be offline for x amount of time, check the twitter or facebook for updates or whatever.

It does not matter to me why its taken so long-my anger is aimed at those who troll sites, down sites with bugs and malware to further their own selfish goals.
    No one here hurts anyone when we discuss Elvis-nor do most people who choose a subject and find sites to discuss that subject with others of like interest.
    It is purely selfish and mean spirited to disrupt sites which are not harming anyone.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    It does not matter to me why its taken so long-my anger is aimed at those who troll sites, down sites with bugs and malware to further their own selfish goals.
    No one here hurts anyone when we discuss Elvis-nor do most people who choose a subject and find sites to discuss that subject with others of like interest.
    It is purely selfish and mean spirited to disrupt sites which are not harming anyone.

I totally agree, Ken.

Oh hey long time! I would also really love to see this site running like an antilope. Anyway I grab this exceptional opportunity to salute to everybody!!
    Poke a little sock salad...

Quote Originally Posted by mozzarella View Post
    I would also really love to see this site running like an antilope.
    Me too!! Or like a gepard instead.

I LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Unfortunate fact of life that some people exploit weakness wherever they see it. I'm done moaning about it now, the site is back up, I'll just enjoy it while I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast