Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Of course, Diane. That was the reason. Who would stick around their ex father-in-law after a divorce?
    But let's them live in their fantasy world, they are happy that way. Poor innocent guys
    LOL, yup, they don't know how lucky they are just to look at her beautiful (plastic face..and bod) and not know the real person underneath. At least we can look at Elvis, but know he was not perfect as no one is. He was gorgeous but no doubt not easy to live with and had he had more gumption to fire the Colonel early on, things would have been so much better for him with a lot less stress and possibly still be around.

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

I think part of her problem is that she does across as somewhat cold and aloof.I've just never really seen anything on her part that makes me think bad of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    LOL, yup, they don't know how lucky they are just to look at her beautiful (plastic face..and bod) and not know the real person underneath. At least we can look at Elvis, but know he was not perfect as no one is. He was gorgeous but no doubt not easy to live with and had he had more gumption to fire the Colonel early on, things would have been so much better for him with a lot less stress and possibly still be around.
    Diane
    Ive always given her credit for leaving Elvis.It couldn't have been easy.I think her leaving speaks well of her.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Diane
    Ive always given her credit for leaving Elvis.It couldn't have been easy.I think her leaving speaks well of her.
    But that's exactly why she left and why it was so easy for her, because she had "credit" do it. It is not so difficult leaving someone when you know you won't have money problems. When it is real hard it's when you don't have where to lay yourself dead. She didn't need to worry about that, she knew she could live all her life off her ex-husband, at least untill her daughter was an adult woman.

I know what you're saying. Yet leaving Elvis Presley was a unique situation. Plus look how young she was when she went with him. I think she grew emotionally and Elvis did not.Cmon Donut,at least put one foot on the Miss Priss bandwagon.

I think part of her problem is that she does across as somewhat cold and aloof.I've just never really seen anything on her part that makes me think bad of her.
    I agree jak, she does across that way. I have met her and she really isn't how she looks. She seemed very nice and was so polite. I'm not saying I know her, but I haven't seen anything on her part that would make me think she's so bad. Elvis must have seen something in her to bring her to Graceland, when he could have just left and cut all contact with her...

franny

But that's exactly why she left and why it was so easy for her, because she had "credit" do it. It is not so difficult leaving someone when you know you won't have money problems. When it is real hard it's when you don't have where to lay yourself dead. She didn't need to worry about that, she knew she could live all her life off her ex-husband, at least untill her daughter was an adult woman.
    Completely agree there. Leaving someone when you've got money to set yourself back up again is child's play. Regardless of the issues that come about the marriage breaking down, having a backup plan and some cash and she was good to go.

I don't have any ill feelings towards Priscilla, she did what she had to do. In a way, I do respect that choice because she also deserved to be happy.

[QUOTE=franny;423609]I agree jak, she does across that way. I have met her and she really isn't how she looks. She seemed very nice and was so polite. I'm not saying I know her, but I haven't seen anything on her part that would make me think she's so bad. Elvis must have seen something in her to bring her to Graceland, when he could have just left and cut all contact with her...

That's exactly what I think.The fans are to hard on her.

I don't think she comes across as a cold person, quite the opposite. She's always had the ability of bad-mouthing Elvis while sounding like an innocent 10 year old girl.

BTW, Hi Franny!

The fans are to hard on her.
    That's because she's been too hard on Elvis. Rule number one of any business is don't drag to the mud the product you are trying to sell, but she hasn't understood it untill recently.

I don't think she comes across as a cold person, quite the opposite. She's always had the ability of bad-mouthing Elvis while sounding like an innocent 10 year old girl.

BTW, Hi Franny!
    I've never heard her say anything bad about Elvis. I think she's always been respectfull. Might have been a few things in her book that some didnt like. I just think she always has always stood up for Elvis. I may not like some of the products and business descions she makes concerning Elvis' image. She's not that bad really. Im sure she a fine lady

I've never heard her say anything bad about Elvis. I think she's always been respectfull. Might have been a few things in her book that some didnt like. I just think she always has always stood up for Elvis. I may not like some of the products and business descions she makes concerning Elvis' image. She's not that bad really. Im sure she a fine lady
    We don't need to be explicit to sat what we really mean. Communication is much more than what we say. It is also what we don't say, how we say it and in which context, and she is a master omitting important details that doesn't make her look nice. I could give you a long list of examples right now just regarding the opening of Graceland, but experience tells me it would be pointless so it isn't worth the effort of typing!

As for her being a nice lady or not, she sure could be a nice lady at home or amongst friend and fans, but that doesn't have anything to do with facts. I'm just judging her public projection, her private life doesn't really interest me so I'm not going to judge it.

Priscilla did not start out in 1959 with some master plan to take over the Elvis empire in 1977...people interact and are affected... Elvis tried to mold her into his ideal mate and Elvis was 11 years her senior...who had the upper hand from 59 till they were married?
    Its easy to label someone with a stereotypical image-but come on its more complicated than either one of these two being all hidden black or all pure white.
    Work in Progress!

agree.....nothing is black and white....Elvis did not make a good husband, he shouldn't have married. However, Priscilla was with him enough years to know what he was like/did...and he wouldn't change.

I think she has been 'canny' enough not to re-marry, keeping the Presley name, but on the other hand, she is perfectly entitled to keep it.

I find her cold and elusive, but maybe she is 'shy'.....haha....or has hidden depths
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Priscilla did not start out in 1959 with some master plan to take over the Elvis empire in 1977...people interact and are affected... Elvis tried to mold her into his ideal mate and Elvis was 11 years her senior...who had the upper hand from 59 till they were married?
    Its easy to label someone with a stereotypical image-but come on its more complicated than either one of these two being all hidden black or all pure white.
    Thank you. In reality Elvis never should have started up with her.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In fact that is what many of us have been trying to say all these years. I'm glad someone finally got it!

In fact that is what many of us have been trying to say all these years. I'm glad someone finally got it!
    In other words,Elvis had only himself to blame if she was a curse!

jak, I love your sarcasm

Elvis was the most perfect and saintly man on earth and, as the King he was, he couldn't be blamed and neither judged for anything. Any Constitution would tell you that.

Elvis was the most perfect and saintly man on earth and, as the King he was, he couldn't be blamed and neither judged for anything. Any Constitution would tell you that.
    And Priscilla was a heavenly angel who had her wings clipped and fell gently to earth so she could grace us with her prescence.