Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

TCB Mafia

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I'm going by FACTS not some tabloid story.
    Oh Viva Elvis.

You do make me laugh.

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Oh Viva Elvis.

You do make me laugh.
    So where did you get your story/info from? Seriously Brian. That is NOT the truth. I lived in Memphis and I happen to have talked over the years to very high and important people who knew things about Elvis and Graceland. That is how I know so much about what EPE's tried to do and failed at. And why I am so critical of their business.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia

So where did you get your story/info from? Seriously Brian. That is NOT the truth. I lived in Memphis and I happen to have talked over the years to very high and important people who knew things about Elvis and Graceland. That is how I know so much about what EPE's tried to do and failed at. And why I am so critical of their business.
    Believe what you want Viva Elvis.

If i explained it you would still say that's not the truth etc.

It's not worth arguing about on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Believe what you want Viva Elvis.

If i explained it you would still say that's not the truth etc.

It's not worth arguing about on a Sunday.
    That's so typical. I ask you to explain where you got your facts from as I did and you back away.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia

That's so typical. I ask you to explain where you got your facts from as I did and you back away.
    Every time when we get into a discussion/debate i always back down from you.

You clearly have superior knowledge on everything.

Im not going to say Priscilla is solely responsible for opening Graceland to the fans.She was certainly one of the key people involved.Sometimes people forget that in spite of the divorce she maintained a good relationship with the Presley's.After Elvis died Vernon still kept her close.People will say she was just looking out for herself.So many fans despise her that she's never done anything right.No matter what she's a smart lady and deserves some credit.
    Last edited by jak; 06-09-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Im not going to say Priscilla is solely responsible for opening Graceland to the fans.She was certainly one of the key people involved.Sometimes people forget that in spite of the divorce she maintained a good relationship with the Presley's.After Elvis died Vernon still kept her close.People will say she was just looking out for herself.So many fans despise her that she's never done anything right.No matter what she's a smart lady and deserves soe credit.
    My thoughts also.
    Work in Progress!

Im not going to say Priscilla is solely responsible for opening Graceland to the fans.She was certainly one of the key people involved.Sometimes people forget that in spite of the divorce she maintained a good relationship with the Presley's.After Elvis died Vernon still kept her close.People will say she was just looking out for herself.So many fans despise her that she's never done anything right.No matter what she's a smart lady and deserves soe credit.
    Ahem... that's not entireley true. Did you know that Priscilla sued Vernon after Elvis death?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...1858%2C1289735

On the other hand, Delta couldn't stand Priscilla and according to some of Elvis' friends Priscilla couldn't stand Vernon.
    I wouldn't call that a good relationship!

[QUOTE=Donut;423530]Ahem... that's not entireley true. Did you know that Priscilla sued Vernon after Elvis death?

On the other hand, Delta couldn't stand Priscilla and according to some of Elvis' friends Priscilla couldn't stand Vernon.
    I wouldn't call that a good relationship! [/QUOT

I was aware of the suit.She just wanted what she was owed.You know Vernon was a tightwad.Aunt Delta was a mean drunk,bless her heart.Priscilla could have been left out of everything very easily.Vernon wanted her around.She may have had bad feelings about Vernon.That I don't know.I do believe Vernon and Elvis both cared for her until their last days. C'mon Donut, hop on the Priscilla bandwagon

[QUOTE=jak;423533]
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Ahem... that's not entireley true. Did you know that Priscilla sued Vernon after Elvis death?

I wouldn't call that a good relationship! [/QUOT

I was aware of the suit.She just wanted what she was owed.You know Vernon was a tightwad.Aunt Delta was a mean drunk,bless her heart.Priscilla could have been left out of everything very easily.Vernon wanted her around.She may have had bad feelings about Vernon.That I don't know.I do believe Vernon and Elvis both cared for her until their last days. C'mon Donut, hop on the Priscilla bandwagon
    Nah... I won't. You know it's pointless. Besides, I'm getting old and my heart wouldn't stand so much stress!

[QUOTE=Donut;423535]

Nah... I won't. You know it's pointless. Besides, I'm getting old and my heart wouldn't stand so much stress!
    I don't want you stressing out,so we will agree to disagree!

No surprise to anyone how I feel about Priscilla..... I still think she stuck around Vernon for monetary reasons after Elvis died. I agree she was smart...in ways that benefited her with her mom over her shoulder.

[QUOTE=Donut;423535]

where's Teddy these days?.....he luuuuvvvvvvvs Cilla;-)
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    No surprise to anyone how I feel about Priscilla..... I still think she stuck around Vernon for monetary reasons after Elvis died. I agree she was smart...in ways that benefited her with her mom over her shoulder.
    Of course, Diane. That was the reason. Who would stick around their ex father-in-law after a divorce?
    But let's them live in their fantasy world, they are happy that way. Poor innocent guys

[QUOTE=debtdbruno;423561]

where's Teddy these days?.....he luuuuvvvvvvvs Cilla;-)
    No idea Deb. There are many furtive hunters looking for bears out there, so maybe we've lost him...

Of course, Diane. That was the reason. Who would stick around their ex father-in-law after a divorce?
    But let's them live in their fantasy world, they are happy that way. Poor innocent guys
    You know you girls have aways been jealous of Priscilla.You gals need to get over it Im sure Vernon didn't have to have her around if he didn't want her there. I think he trusted her. He never severed the ties.

TCB Mafia

Wow, you take stuff you have absolutely no control over way too seriously. It's almost fun.

You know you girls have aways been jealous of Priscilla.You gals need to get over it Im sure Vernon didn't have to have her around if he didn't want her there. I think he trusted her. He never severed the ties.
    How did he have her around? I have only seen two pictures of them together after Elvis' death and one of them was taken at Vernon's dying bed. You make it sound as if the two of them got together every saturday night to make knitting

How did he have her around? I have only seen two pictures of them together after Elvis' death and one of them was taken at Vernon's dying bed. You make it sound as if the two of them got together every saturday night to make knitting
    I believe Vernon maintained contact with her until the end.Im not quite sure about those knitting parties though.Im no huge fan of hers,but I believe soe of the animosity towards her is misplaced.

I believe Vernon maintained contact with her until the end.Im not quite sure about those knitting parties though.Im no huge fan of hers,but I believe soe of the animosity towards her is misplaced.
    It's not animosity, it is objectivity. I can't sympathize with her or anyone else just because they once had a connection with Elvis.