Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    No rumor.
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...and-jack-soden

Raia said that the opportunities for a serious buyer could be enormous, as there are already detailed plans for an Elvis-themed hotel near Graceland.
    This story is also full of errors-it states part of the deal is that the royaltee rights to some 1100 songs are part of the deal-and we all know that only songs after 1973 give royaltee rights back to the estate. But the part about the hotel does not mention anything about financing being in place-it does mention detailed plans for a hotel.
    So from this story ....there is no indication that financing is forthcoming or in place, nor that it is indeed part of requirements to purchase EPE.
    If financing is indeed in place-why is the green light not already being pushed?
    Work in Progress!

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    This story is also full of errors-it states part of the deal is that the royaltee rights to some 1100 songs are part of the deal-and we all know that only songs after 1973 give royaltee rights back to the estate. But the part about the hotel does not mention anything about financing being in place-it does mention detailed plans for a hotel.
    So from this story ....there is no indication that financing is forthcoming or in place, nor that it is indeed part of requirements to purchase EPE.
    If financing is indeed in place-why is the green light not already being pushed?
    I think it's you who is filled with the errors. What do you think detailed plans in place mean? I'm not saying that there will be a new hotel anytime soon. I have given up on any significant upgrades at Graceland. They have been saying the same things since the late 80's. EPE's like the boy who cried wolf.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

I think it's you who is filled with the errors. What do you think detailed plans in place mean? I'm not saying that there will be a new hotel anytime soon. I have given up on any significant upgrades at Graceland. They have been saying the same things since the late 80's. EPE's like the boy who cried wolf.
    Once again you get personal I am not full of errors, nor am I delusional, deranged or naive-just a few of the adjectives you have called me over time
    Detailed plans would mean that an architect has drawn up plans that have met the approval of EPE, if and when they get financing from whomever buys them.
    EPE you single out..............yet no mention of Sillermans crying wolf, CKX/CORE crying wolf nor Apollo crying wolf (who's deep pockets were suppose to be the answer to the financing end that EPE sought in the original deal with Sillerman)
    Work in Progress!

Once again you get personal I am not full of errors, nor am I delusional, deranged or naive-just a few of the adjectives you have called me over time
    Detailed plans would mean that an architect has drawn up plans that have met the approval of EPE, if and when they get financing from whomever buys them.
    EPE you single out..............yet no mention of Sillermans crying wolf, CKX/CORE crying wolf nor Apollo crying wolf (who's deep pockets were suppose to be the answer to the financing end that EPE sought in the original deal with Sillerman)
    Do you NOT realize that when an architectural design is put together that there's a financial package presented with it to see how it can be developed under that particular budget? They do not draw up a design and then later figure out how much it would cost? A budget is usually presented first hand to the architect to give him a vision of how he can fit it all into that price range. EPE knows how musch it will cost. They just need a new buyer to be prepared to make it become a reality or they won't sell to them.

It's been mentioned in numerous reports that Core won't sell if they aren't satisfied or comfortable with what offers they may get.

Apollo could have easily turned Graceland into Disneyland if they wanted to. But they chose to build Core around television programming like IDOL and entertainment companies. That's why they are parting ways with EPE and Ali's estate. Those are real estate developments that they didn't want to be apart of trying to stabilize Core. I can understand that now.

I've mentioned it many times before since I have been on here over the past 2-3 years that Soden and EPE have been talking about a new hotel ever since 1987 when they publicly announced the soon groundbreaking of a new 300-room hotel right next to Graceland. Sillerman nor Apollo had nothing to do with that.

Do you NOT realize that when an architectural design is put together that there's a financial package presented with it to see how it can be developed under that particular budget? They do not draw up a design and then later figure out how much it would cost? A budget is usually presented first hand to the architect to give him a vision of how he can fit it all into that price range. EPE knows how musch it will cost. They just need a new buyer to be prepared to make it become a reality or they won't sell to them.

It's been mentioned in numerous reports that Core won't sell if they aren't satisfied or comfortable with what offers they may get.

Apollo could have easily turned Graceland into Disneyland if they wanted to. But they chose to build Core around television programming like IDOL and entertainment companies. That's why they are parting ways with EPE and Ali's estate. Those are real estate developments that they didn't want to be apart of trying to stabilize Core. I can understand that now.

I've mentioned it many times before since I have been on here over the past 2-3 years that Soden and EPE have been talking about a new hotel ever since 1987 when they publicly announced the soon groundbreaking of a new 300-room hotel right next to Graceland. Sillerman nor Apollo had nothing to do with that.
    You are mixing apples and oranges. Yes a projected cost is presented with most architechural presentations-
    "Projected Cost" is a far cry from having firm financing in place.
    EPE knows how much it will cost-I'm sure they do....but that does not signify that a bank or financial institution is green lighting the projects financing.
    CORE won't sell if they are not satitisfied with what offers they may get-thats a matter of logic-any business who is not satisfied with the offer they get-should not sell...but it has nothing to do with requiring a hotel to be built as part of the deal-produce a link in which CORE has made such a requirement in a press story and I will naturally admit I am wrong.
    EPE has talked about a new hotel for years (never disputed that) and it did not come to pass-you have mentioned how important it seems to be to you personally....and EPE made steps to go that route in...its....deal...with Sillerman...what other purpose was this deal than to get more access to capital they could not come up with to go that next step.
    But even though EPE made that step and Sillerman/CKX/Apollo/CORE have been the 85% majority owner since that point in time-you continue to single out EPE when the news is not to your liking and you point out one of the other entities when it is news to your liking.
    Sorry thats been the way it is.
    Work in Progress!

You are mixing apples and oranges. Yes a projected cost is presented with most architechural presentations-
    "Projected Cost" is a far cry from having firm financing in place.
    EPE knows how much it will cost-I'm sure they do....but that does not signify that a bank or financial institution is green lighting the projects financing.
    CORE won't sell if they are not satitisfied with what offers they may get-thats a matter of logic-any business who is not satisfied with the offer they get-should not sell...but it has nothing to do with requiring a hotel to be built as part of the deal-produce a link in which CORE has made such a requirement in a press story and I will naturally admit I am wrong.
    EPE has talked about a new hotel for years (never disputed that) and it did not come to pass-you have mentioned how important it seems to be to you personally....and EPE made steps to go that route in...its....deal...with Sillerman...what other purpose was this deal than to get more access to capital they could not come up with to go that next step.
    But even though EPE made that step and Sillerman/CKX/Apollo/CORE have been the 85% majority owner since that point in time-you continue to single out EPE when the news is not to your liking and you point out one of the other entities when it is news to your liking.
    Sorry thats been the way it is.
    Ken, stop putting words in my mouth. I have never said "it's important to ME". It is however important to Graceland's income and future tourism. You have a nice hotel to present and it draws visitors that usually would not stay in that area. If you deny that or cannot see that then you are naive and blind.

Graceland will always draw people to see where Elvis lived. But with a new hotel and even a new and more appealing and comfortable visitors center, and the visitors would be much larger in annual numbers than it is now. Why some cannot see this is beyond me.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is funny.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I'll do it for free.

I'll do it for free.
    You might have to stand in line....

RIP Tommy

You might have to stand in line....
    The line starts behind me

It's funny and annoying at how Ken keeps trying to debunk everything that I say.

The line starts behind me

RIP Tommy

Ken, stop putting words in my mouth. I have never said "it's important to ME". It is however important to Graceland's income and future tourism. You have a nice hotel to present and it draws visitors that usually would not stay in that area. If you deny that or cannot see that then you are naive and blind.

Graceland will always draw people to see where Elvis lived. But with a new hotel and even a new and more appealing and comfortable visitors center, and the visitors would be much larger in annual numbers than it is now. Why some cannot see this is beyond me.
    I have another personal adjective I can not add to my list which you have used against me in your posts-blind.

Anyone could make the posts you do-and if I don't see it that way I would respond in the same fashion.
    In this instance the idea of financing being in place-did not seem logical, the story you linked-did not have that in it so I wanted to know where that "financing being in place" came from.
    ANYONE else could have posted that and I would have still responded.
    But I have never characterized you in the fashion you have me-its just a discussion on a forum. If you want total agreement on every single thread by everyone-perhaps there is a clone forum I am unaware of where that is possible.
    IF people disagree they discuss-isn't that the point of a forum on anything?
    You come to a forum to learn and discuss something you have a shared interest in-that does not mean total agreement or ignoring posts that might be spirited in discussion.
    Work in Progress!

Glad you get a chuckle from the thread.
    Work in Progress!

I'll do it for free.
    Good show!
    Work in Progress!

Another good show!
    Work in Progress!

It's funny and annoying at how Ken keeps trying to debunk everything that I say.
    I do not try to debunk-I try to get at the truth of a thread-any thread.
    Work in Progress!

Glad you get a chuckle from the thread.
    I still do.

I still do.
    Believe it or not-so do I
    Work in Progress!