Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Memphis is about 2140 square miles in density and a population of 662,897 at the 2010 census...and that 100 acres is the downfall of the city???
    Stop blaming all the ills of that city upon EPE-its so obvious its funny.
    Think about it you drop every single city complaint at their door-its funny!
    I said EPE OWNS 100 acres and that it is EPE's fault. Not the city's. The city's fault is for the condition the city has fallen into. But unfortunately Graceland sits in the heart of the now fast growing crime mecca known as Whitehaven. Like I said, you would have to live there to know what it's really like. Not just visit for a day.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    There's a reason why I added that my list, nor Brian's, will be coming true anytime soon.

Who's EP75? Apparently that's where we bump heads. You seem to think I am someone you had beef with in the past which I am not.

There's no proof or indication that EPE and Time-Warner have ever talked about the outtakes being released. That was only a rumor going around.

There's plenty of footage both commercially and private home movies that have been released since This Is Elvis.

I'm not a glass half full guy. I am a realist who sees things for what they are, which is why I call EPE out when I get the chance for doing such cheap products. You act as if I am the only who criticizes them. I am only a small fraction of them. EPE has a bad rep deserving so. I get it's a business, but it's a poorly ran business. And the only reason that they have survived this long is simply Elvis' iconic and longevity. They know it too, that's why they sit back and do very little.
    EP75 good question-who is that I ask that myself-not sure why I posted it?
    I posted part of an interview with I believe Todd Morgan on another thread in which he states that EPE has tried to work with Time Warner on project to get the outtakes of EOT and TTWII out-but they are not interested-I will find that and post it again.
    Its a poorly run business that every dead celebrities families contact when they need advice on how to run and market their estates-Rick Nelson, John Wayne, Dean Martins, even MJacksons family.
    You have still not explained that ax-highly personal it seems-almost a vendetta. Really curious.
    Work in Progress!

I'm done with this discussion. It does not matter what I say you are going to see it another way, so I'm done.

I said EPE OWNS 100 acres and that it is EPE's fault. Not the city's. The city's fault is for the condition the city has fallen into. But unfortunately Graceland sits in the heart of the now fast growing crime mecca known as Whitehaven. Like I said, you would have to live there to know what it's really like. Not just visit for a day.
    So you are conceding that the other 2138 odd square miles is not EPEs fault-they did not create the situation which exists in 99% of Memphis.
    Crime is the cities domain-EPE is suppose to be protected like other business and citizens not the other way around.
    Work in Progress!

I'm done with this discussion. It does not matter what I say you are going to see it another way, so I'm done.
    I look and see whats there-I do not predecide what I will see.
    Its just not fair to blame EPE for a city the size of Memphis' problems. That would seem logical to most.
    Work in Progress!

I look and see whats there-I do not predecide what I will see.
    Its just not fair to blame EPE for a city the size of Memphis' problems. That would seem logical to most.
    Look, you make it seem as if I am blaming EPE for the city's faults. How many freaking times do I have to say that EPE OWNS THE LAND SURROUNDING GRACELAND, YET LETS IT LOOK SO UNATTRACTIVE AND DUMPY?.

If EPE owns it, how in the hell is it the city's responsibility?

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

I've walked through Elvis Presley Blvd on Google Street and was stunned how poor the neighborhood surround Graceland is! Never been to Graceland myself, I was quite disappointed how badly maintained everything that has something to do with Graceland was. And viewing pictures made by Elvisfans, the state of some of the buildings and attractions (like the Lisa Marie) aren't topnotch either.

So the $200 million are well-needed. Perhaps we will finally see the 2nd floor of Graceland? EPE always told that besides treating the 2nd floor as Elvis' sacred place, making it available to the public would also require some very expensive changes to the building. Right now this so-called sacred place is just being used for storage.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

"So the $200 million are well-needed. Perhaps we will finally see the 2nd floor of Graceland? EPE always told that besides treating the 2nd floor as Elvis' sacred place, making it available to the public would also require some very expensive changes to the building"

I agree with you, Albert. Important , it's not finish on hope.
    Money ...They like to disappear.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Look, you make it seem as if I am blaming EPE for the city's faults. How many freaking times do I have to say that EPE OWNS THE LAND SURROUNDING GRACELAND, YET LETS IT LOOK SO UNATTRACTIVE AND DUMPY?.

If EPE owns it, how in the hell is it the city's responsibility?
    Temper temper-I am only relying upon your posts over time-and in those posts you have always tied the citys ills to EPE in some fashion I will not take the time to go back in thread after thread and point out those to you...if you need to refresh your memory you can do so.
    Take Graceland out of Memphis, take away the "cash cow" and you would have a city that is in peril of economic and urban collapse yet people constantly gripe about what EPE has not done, how they are such horrid and wicked people and they need to do so much more.
    Savoir Sillerman was suppose to be that answer, CKX-then Apollo-I told you Apollo specialized in buying things, tinkering-then reselling.
    I ventured the thougths that SIllerman was overreaching when he came forth-I was right-and EPE is not in a better place because of taking the bold step to trying to go that next mile-yet it is EPE again who is the villain. Same old song.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I've walked through Elvis Presley Blvd on Google Street and was stunned how poor the neighborhood surround Graceland is! Never been to Graceland myself, I was quite disappointed how badly maintained everything that has something to do with Graceland was. And viewing pictures made by Elvisfans, the state of some of the buildings and attractions (like the Lisa Marie) aren't topnotch either. So the $200 million are well-needed. Perhaps we will finally see the 2nd floor of Graceland? EPE always told that besides treating the 2nd floor as Elvis' sacred place, making it available to the public would also require some very expensive changes to the building. Right now this so-called sacred place is just being used for storage.
    Well once again the condition and appearance is in the eye of the beholder and that is subjective.
    I have never thought anything looked shabby at Graceland, nor have my daughter and her friends who went in 2007 to Graceland and are going again in a month, neither have my other relatives who go fairly regularly. My sister lived in Nashville for about 15 years and she went more than any of us-she loved the experience.

The $200 million will not go to EPE-it goes to CORE if and when the sale is complete-EPE will have to then endure another couple years of limbo waiting to see who buys, and then new upper level decisions that the new owners will decide.
    The fate of any new projects will be in limbo until the new owner decides his course and how much money will be spent.
    The news for a time was the huge Memphis highway decision to rebuild-now suddenly that is not so important to the area....the city waited well over 30 years to do that much on its own-way to much time to let your city languish.

The upstairs will never be opened-sorry I would bet my house cat on that...and rightfully so IMO....very few people were allowed upstairs and instead of applauding the idea of keeping that off limits-its viewed as somehow a bad thing.....by some not sure why?
    Work in Progress!

Viva Elvis-There's no proof or indication that EPE and Time-Warner have ever talked about the outtakes being released. That was only a rumor going around. Viva here is a portion of the Todd Morgan interview in which he says EPE has asked Warners for some way to work together and release all outtakes for EOT and TTWII:
    Elvis Australia asked Todd Morgan if the story that Warner Brothers' 2001 DVD release Elvis: That's The Way It Is, Special Edition did not sell very well was true. And if so was this causing Warner to drop plans for the anticipated Elvis On Tour DVD release.

Todd's reply to us was, 'Elvis: That's the Way It Is, Special Edition was very successful. There's no truth to any rumor to the contrary. There's also no truth to the rumor that Warner Brothers has cancelled their plans for the release of Elvis on Tour on DVD. We should see that come along from them in a couple of years or so. Until Warner Brothers is ready to share more details publicly, we aren't at liberty to say anything more regarding what they have let EPE know about their plans so far'.

Elvis Australia suggested that since it seems unlikely to many Elvis fans that Warner Brothers would financially commit to releasing DVD box sets of the material shot for these two Elvis concert films, could it be possible for EPE, possibly with Sony BMG, to approach Warner for access to their vaults, offering to finance, produce and distribute special additional DVD releases of the footage with a royalty paid to Warner. We suggested that it has been proven with EPE and Sony BMG's partnership on the Aloha from Hawaii and the '68 Comeback Special box sets that a financial success can be made with such comprehensive releases.

Todd Morgans response to this was 'We have suggested to Warner Brothers on several occasions the possibility of their someday licensing to EPE the Elvis, That's the Way It Is and Elvis on Tour footage for us to produce special additional DVD releases or partnering with us on such special releases as Andrew Solt did with us on last year's Elvis/Sullivan DVD set. Nothing like that is actually in the works with Warner and EPE at this time, but it remains open for consideration in our ongoing and very good relationship with Warner Brothers. In whatever scenario it might happen, we just hope there will be special additional DVD releases of material from the two Elvis MGM concert films'.
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/dvd/....o3cXiwna.dpbs
    Last edited by KPM; 05-23-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    Work in Progress!

EPE is not a perfect company-but neither is ATT, Apple Corp, Apollo, Boeing, Walmart, etc.....on and on.
    I do not like or buy trinkets with Elvis' name or likeness on them...but try to understand why they are sold.
    UNDERSTANDING is not so difficult if given a chance.
    EPE had a different circumstance than any of these giants-they were formed as a trust to protect the assets left by Elvis to Lisa.
    Elvis planned horribly, Elvis overspent and he did not worry about tomorrow-well tomorrow came and Vernon let 2 years pass as the clock ticked on and the money trickled out-Vernons only major action was to sign a deal with Col. Parker at Elvis' funeral to let Parker continue to direct and rob the estate (the probate judges conclusion)
    Is Lisa secure-that is the only question that needs to be answered and the answer is yes.
    That is the only task...I'll repeat that....it is the only task that Elvis legally required in his will.
    I love Elvis, and try to understand his actions in life and in his will that set all this in motion. He had poverty as a child and he became rich and lived out his fantasys-but all actions have a price and Elvis hurt himself and left a mess at death.
    Instead of credit to EPE-many hate their actions no matter the situation or circumstance...instead of trying to understand the reasons for their actions-which Elvis set in motion.
    If no action had been taken and bankruptcy had taken place-and all sold, all divested into a million points on earth I know in my heart many of the same people would be angrilly saying "Why did they let this happen? They just sat and let this happen to all Elvis had?"
    No win-I've said that for years and totally believe it.
    Lisa can do whatever she wants "ITS HERS"
    Its funny not one person here would want anyone second guessing their children after they have passed on their property to them-but its okay in this instance....
    I would love to see EPE marketing Elvis music, films and hours and hours of concert footage from Vegas, and the tours-but Elvis did not own these thing-he did not have professional footage shot-except for the MGM films (which he did not own) and the music and films "are not for sale"
    EPE has made overtures for certain things-(such as the outtakes) and its no go.
    Sorry thats the way I see it.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I've walked through Elvis Presley Blvd on Google Street and was stunned how poor the neighborhood surround Graceland is! Never been to Graceland myself, I was quite disappointed how badly maintained everything that has something to do with Graceland was. And viewing pictures made by Elvisfans, the state of some of the buildings and attractions (like the Lisa Marie) aren't topnotch either.

So the $200 million are well-needed. Perhaps we will finally see the 2nd floor of Graceland? EPE always told that besides treating the 2nd floor as Elvis' sacred place, making it available to the public would also require some very expensive changes to the building. Right now this so-called sacred place is just being used for storage.
    FINALLY!!! Someone besides me gets it and sees what I have been preaching on here for the past 2 years!!!

EPE is not a perfect company-but neither is ATT, Apple Corp, Apollo, Boeing, Walmart, etc.....on and on.
    I do not like or buy trinkets with Elvis' name or likeness on them...but try to understand why they are sold.
    UNDERSTANDING is not so difficult if given a chance.
    EPE had a different circumstance than any of these giants-they were formed as a trust to protect the assets left by Elvis to Lisa.
    Elvis planned horribly, Elvis overspent and he did not worry about tomorrow-well tomorrow came and Vernon let 2 years pass as the clock ticked on and the money trickled out-Vernons only major action was to sign a deal with Col. Parker at Elvis' funeral to let Parker continue to direct and rob the estate (the probate judges conclusion)
    Is Lisa secure-that is the only question that needs to be answered and the answer is yes.
    That is the only task...I'll repeat that....it is the only task that Elvis legally required in his will.
    I love Elvis, and try to understand his actions in life and in his will that set all this in motion. He had poverty as a child and he became rich and lived out his fantasys-but all actions have a price and Elvis hurt himself and left a mess at death.
    Instead of credit to EPE-many hate their actions no matter the situation or circumstance...instead of trying to understand the reasons for their actions-which Elvis set in motion.
    If no action had been taken and bankruptcy had taken place-and all sold, all divested into a million points on earth I know in my heart many of the same people would be angrilly saying "Why did they let this happen? They just sat and let this happen to all Elvis had?"
    No win-I've said that for years and totally believe it.
    Lisa can do whatever she wants "ITS HERS"
    Its funny not one person here would want anyone second guessing their children after they have passed on their property to them-but its okay in this instance....
    I would love to see EPE marketing Elvis music, films and hours and hours of concert footage from Vegas, and the tours-but Elvis did not own these thing-he did not have professional footage shot-except for the MGM films (which he did not own) and the music and films "are not for sale"
    EPE has made overtures for certain things-(such as the outtakes) and its no go.
    Sorry thats the way I see it.
    I've read through the past 3 pages of the 'sparring' between you and 'Viva'.....I get the frustration he feels....I really do. However, I do agree with you 100% Ken.....they can only work with what they have at their disposal
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

[QUOTE=KPM;422735]Well once again the condition and appearance is in the eye of the beholder and that is subjective.
    I have never thought anything looked shabby at Graceland, nor have my daughter and her friends who went in 2007 to Graceland and are going again in a month, neither have my other relatives who go fairly regularly. My sister lived in Nashville for about 15 years and she went more than any of us-she loved the experience.

The $200 million will not go to EPE-it goes to CORE if and when the sale is complete-EPE will have to then endure another couple years of limbo waiting to see who buys, and then new upper level decisions that the new owners will decide.
    The fate of any new projects will be in limbo until the new owner decides his course and how much money will be spent.
    The news for a time was the huge Memphis highway decision to rebuild-now suddenly that is not so important to the area....the city waited well over 30 years to do that much on its own-way to much time to let your city languish.

The upstairs will never be opened-sorry I would bet my house cat on that...and rightfully so IMO....very few people were allowed upstairs and instead of applauding the idea of keeping that off limits-its viewed as somehow a bad thing.....by some not sure why?[QUOTE]

I agree. I don't think it should ever be opened, that was the place Elvis went away from everyone to not have to be “Elvis”.

This place about the stairs can't take the traffic, I think its a little bit over done. I agree that they would have to be supported for a lot of traffic but what about the stairs to the basement. Were they ever supported? I don't think the cost is the reason EPE hasn't opened the upstairs to the public.

EPE really does feel that Elvis cherished his private time up there, even the guys didn't go up there unless he asked them to or they asked him. Elvis never even locked his door upstairs, so that tells you upstairs was HIS.

When they open the upstairs up at Graceland then you know attendance is way down and no one cares about Elvis anymore.

If at some point Graceland does open it is because Priscilla and Lisa are both dead and Lisa's kids decide they want to open it.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I've read through the past 3 pages of the 'sparring' between you and 'Viva'.....I get the frustration he feels....I really do. However, I do agree with you 100% Ken.....they can only work with what they have at their disposal
    Believe it or not-so do I-but I look to see beyond that frustration and to see how point A got to point B and then to C etc etc etc...and I see a progression which started with Elvis-bless his soul-and has come down to 2013.
    No one in life can make perfect choices...what seems perfect in the moment....can look pretty bleak a few years, days even moments later.
    But rolling with the punches is not always pretty no matter if its an individual or company, what needs to be done gets done and not everyone is going to like it-but I understand that.
    It is the constant harping that everything EPE is bad, and if someone else is involved great wonderful things are about to happen that is hard to understand.
    If I could rewrite history Elvis would not have died, he would have dumped Parker in 65 and he would have gone on to to a healthy life for another 60 years...but that is not the way it happened.
    The end was not storybook and it reverberates right up to today in ways that none of us like but should logically see how and why its as it is without villainizing.
    Work in Progress!

[QUOTE=King Of The Whole World;422747][QUOTE=KPM;422735]Well once again the condition and appearance is in the eye of the beholder and that is subjective.

The upstairs will never be opened-sorry I would bet my house cat on that...and rightfully so IMO....very few people were allowed upstairs and instead of applauding the idea of keeping that off limits-its viewed as somehow a bad thing.....by some not sure why?

I agree. I don't think it should ever be opened, that was the place Elvis went away from everyone to not have to be “Elvis”.

This place about the stairs can't take the traffic, I think its a little bit over done. I agree that they would have to be supported for a lot of traffic but what about the stairs to the basement. Were they ever supported? I don't think the cost is the reason EPE hasn't opened the upstairs to the public.

EPE really does feel that Elvis cherished his private time up there, even the guys didn't go up there unless he asked them to or they asked him. Elvis never even locked his door upstairs, so that tells you upstairs was HIS.

When they open the upstairs up at Graceland then you know attendance is way down and no one cares about Elvis anymore.

If at some point Graceland does open it is because Priscilla and Lisa are both dead and Lisa's kids decide they want to open it.
    I agree its not about money-nor about how to open the upstairs to the public safely.
    Work in Progress!

The only way we will ever see the upstairs as part of the tours is when Lisa Marie leaves this earth. Until then, it's not happening.

For those who are not familiar with the direct area north of Graceland, just hundreds of feet from the gates of Graceland, which EPE now owns all of this land, here's a few Google Earth street view images to let you see what my fuss is all about. Note that these images are from 2007. It looks even worse in person.

First: looking north from Graceland Crossing.

Next: looking east from Graceland Crossing.

Last: looking south from Graceland Crossing.

Well the Sillerman, Apollo, Core deal was suppose to be the bridge to capital to make expansions and changes-and since all have not come through...it may be some time before anything changes.....part of the problem with this from the start-was people expecting large scale change quickly after the Sillerman deal-I tried to point out then that probably would not be the case and indeed it was not. I also pointed out that Sillerman was doing a lot of thinking out loud in some of his statements and that nothing was set in stone-indeed it was not.
    Apollo was the next big hope to capital expenditure.... to get the ball rolling on the original intention of the Sillerman deal-indeed it was not.
    So until someone comes along who has "definite plans and who realizes the cost fully-EPE will be held in limbo.
    Also the investor who buys EPE will have to realize that for the $200 million upfront cost-and another $200 million in capital investments to do all that has been talked about for 7-8 years now-the return on their investment will be over the long haul-not quick.
    But also all the fans will have to realize that "state of the art" museums, hotels etc will not come cheap after they are built.
    Whomever buys EPE will want as quick a return on their investment as possible-so that museum, hotel and all other new additions will come at premium ticket prices in the future along with most likely more hefty Graceland ticket prices....the investors will set the pricing based upon what they have to spend. Nothing is free.

It took Memphis over 30 years to decide upon the highway renovation and expansion and finally last year that began.
    Work in Progress!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast