Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    To be honest i never really cared who owns Elvis' name and image.

Certain fans including VivaElvis think expanding graceland is the key to maintaining Elvis' standing in the world.

I never really agreed with that.

It's already been mentioned on this thread but Graceland will be open to tourists no matter who owns Elvis' name in the future.

If they want to buy up more land to expand Graceland or build a hotel in Memphis or Vegas and name it after Elvis or also build a museum in another country that's fine but in the end it's not what i think is going to help Elvis' name in 2013 and beyond.

Here is list of things that would help get Elvis' name back into the news and a few things Elvis can still achieve for himself despite being dead.

I realize some of these things are either a long shot or not going to happen but this is worth mentioning for the purpose of the thread.

1.A quality theatrically released motion picture on Elvis' life similar to but better than I Walk the line, A Coal miners daughter, Ray, Bird, Beyond the Sea, The Buddy Holly Story etc. (never going to happen because of too many crappy made for television movies.)

2. For someone to discover tapes of one hundred songs by Elvis that were never released before and then for Sony to release all of them on a box set. ( never happen)

3. Someone finding great quality concert footage of Elvis of several concerts that lasts around three hours in length. ( never happen.)

4. For EPE to use the hypothetically newly discovered recordings and audio footage to form the basis of the long discussed Elvis Anthology. ( Not going to happen) This anthology project would obviously then air on television as a way to introuduce Elvis to people unfamilar with him.

5. Elvis being awarded the presidential medal of freedom (He should have gotten this when Jimmy Carter was president. Not going to happen now.

6. Elvis being inducted into the Blues hall of fame ( Should have been inducted in the 1990s or the 2000's but is being snubbed by them. Not likely to happen.

7. I think it would be cool if the city of Memphis would finally name their airport after Elvis because they don't have anyone else from there that's as recognizable ( not likely to happen at least not in the near future)

If all these 7 things would start to unfold it would get Elvis back into the news and it would get the Elvis world excited again after a lull.

None of these will ever happen except for the blues hall of fame but even that's a long shot due to lazy fans.
    You're right. None of that will ever happen, at least not anytime in the near future. But if you're saying all of that would need to happen to get Elvis back in the news, then you apparently aren't seeing the world news. This Graceland story is all over the globe. It's even being reported in the Middle East.

Elvis is always going to be newsworthy no matter what the case may be because of his name and the image. But that's all besides the point. It's the lack of respect for him as a legendary figure that concerns me as a life long fan.

Personally, I've given up on hope for EPE to do something with the area around Graceland. It will always be ghetto. I have finally come to the realization that those plans will never happen. No matter who the new owner is. Whoever does become the new owner though will just do what the past ones have done, which is not much at all. They will keep the same visitor center outdoors that they have had for 30 years, the same run down hotel and all the same out of date facilities until they rot away.

Unfortunately, eventually someone is going to get killed at Graceland sooner than later either by oncoming traffic by crossing the busy highway or by some thug living there in the neighborhood. And when it does happen (and it will) I'm going to say, I told you so.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    You're right. None of that will ever happen, at least not anytime in the near future. But if you're saying all of that would need to happen to get Elvis back in the news, then you apparently aren't seeing the world news. This Graceland story is all over the globe. It's even being reported in the Middle East.

Elvis is always going to be newsworthy no matter what the case may be because of his name and the image. But that's all besides the point. It's the lack of respect for him as a legendary figure that concerns me as a life long fan.
    See this is where you and i always disagree.

Ever since Elvis died he was always in the news for something but i believe ever since the 30th anniversary celebration was over Elvis' popularity has started to finally decline.

I think it's in large part due to the fact that Elvis has been dead for so long that he no longer has a personal resonance with as many people and a lack of anything new to get him a lot of media attention or regain interest at this point.

Don't misundersand i know Elvis still has lots of young fans and all.

I see it getting worse as time goes on.

I think in order for Elvis to really get people buzzing about him again would be for the things i listed to actually happen rather than a Graceland Exspansion.

I think we basically agree on the lack of respect Elvis gets.

You missed the point too, as usual.

Elvis is the biggest most iconic figure in the history of entertainment, maybe even the iconic figure in the world, yet EPE prefers to spend little on preserving the legacy and instead making it a cash cow flow circus. Lisa Marie has contributed to this too. If I'm wrong for wanting my idol to receive better care and treatment then so be it. At least I care.
    I do not miss points-as usual you assume I have.
    I have not missed "your point, the point you have always had" that it must be "bigger, more modern, more elaborate and glitzy" I just do not agree that "bigger, more modern, more elaborate and glitzy" is always better always the way to go.
    You speak of preserving the legacy-as in doing "what" that they have not already done.
    All the stage clothes are preserved and protected, all his personal property is preserved and protected, they constantly have exhibits which showcase an era or stage of his career and life, They have produced TV Specials highlighting his career life and accomplishments, they work with Sony and the owners of the films to promote music and motion pictures....to the extent that those entities which own those creative works will allow.....they over several years totally acquired the rights to both of Elvis' landmark TV accomplishments and produced highly successful box sets which capture Elvis in his prime and at his best vocally and physically......they have huge celebrations at appropriate years to showcase Elvis to the world....they bring co-stars and friends to Graceland who discuss Elvis, his work and his talent-with fans and press each year.......The EIC tours which have been highly successful and have brought the Elvis Live experience to thousands who never had the chance to see him live and this promotes Elvis' legacy in fact it is the ultimate promotion of his legacy-IT SHOWCASES THE TALENT AND MASTERY OF ELVIS to new generations YEARLY!!!
    You always complain of the estate not doing more-yet they have done much that you ignore or gloss over because a state of the art museum is not forthcoming.......you miss the point not me.
    Work in Progress!

To be honest i never really cared who owns Elvis' name and image.

Certain fans including VivaElvis think expanding graceland is the key to maintaining Elvis' standing in the world.

I never really agreed with that.

It's already been mentioned on this thread but Graceland will be open to tourists no matter who owns Elvis' name in the future.

If they want to buy up more land to expand Graceland or build a hotel in Memphis or Vegas and name it after Elvis or also build a museum in another country that's fine but in the end it's not what i think is going to help Elvis' name in 2013 and beyond.

Here is list of things that would help get Elvis' name back into the news and a few things Elvis can still achieve for himself despite being dead.

I realize some of these things are either a long shot or not going to happen but this is worth mentioning for the purpose of the thread.

1.A quality theatrically released motion picture on Elvis' life similar to but better than I Walk the line, A Coal miners daughter, Ray, Bird, Beyond the Sea, The Buddy Holly Story etc. (never going to happen because of too many crappy made for television movies.)
    2. For someone to discover tapes of one hundred songs by Elvis that were never released before and then for Sony to release all of them on a box set. ( never happen)3. Someone finding great quality concert footage of Elvis of several concerts that lasts around three hours in length. ( never happen.)

4. For EPE to use the hypothetically newly discovered recordings and audio footage to form the basis of the long discussed Elvis Anthology. ( Not going to happen) This anthology project would obviously then air on television as a way to introuduce Elvis to people unfamilar with him.5. Elvis being awarded the presidential medal of freedom (He should have gotten this when Jimmy Carter was president. Not going to happen now.

6. Elvis being inducted into the Blues hall of fame ( Should have been inducted in the 1990s or the 2000's but is being snubbed by them. Not likely to happen.

7. I think it would be cool if the city of Memphis would finally name their airport after Elvis because they don't have anyone else from there that's as recognizable ( not likely to happen at least not in the near future)

If all these 7 things would start to unfold it would get Elvis back into the news and it would get the Elvis world excited again after a lull.

None of these will ever happen except for the blues hall of fame but even that's a long shot due to lazy fans.
    The motion picture idea has been around for decades-a quality film might cost $100 million-producers know they have to find the perfect person to play Elvis to spend that type of money-and that is the problem finding that perfect someone. Elvis is much larger than life-and that type person is hard to find. Name stars are going to thing not twice but many times over about trying to fill Elvis' shoes on screen.

The hypotheticals about 100 unknown songs-and 3 hours of Quality concert footage-are just that hypotheticals...would love to see it happen but if 100 quality songs by Elvis are sitting somewhere just gathering dust I will eat my hat!
    If RCA/BMG/SONY had an inkling that 100 songs (10 songs) were sitting somewhere they would jump at the chance to get them (actually since Elvis had a contract to record solely for RCA they actually own the content anyway-which is why people can not just release them legally-people may own the tape that music resides on-but they do not own the content on that tape)
    3 full hours of great quality concert footage is a great dream-but you and I know from what you can find on the internet that most Elvis concert footage taken by fans is blurry, jumpy, and has very few complete songs.....
    But I have long said that EPE should be looking for good amateur footage and using it to promote Elvis....to their credit they do look for footage according to the official website.
    The Presidential Medal of Freedom is given out each year to people but there is little bump in popularity or name recognition to the people it is given to-but it would be a nice honor.
    The Blues Hall of Fame-is not anyones call but the people at the BHOF-if they are snubbing Elvis purposely there must be a reason (perhaps like Stax records not mention much about Elvis having recorded there-they feel he was not a true blues artist)
    Brian my friend Elvis sells Elvis-young fans happen each year but the idea that a huge explosion of Elvis mania will ever happen again is just false no matter what is done, how many awards Elvis gets, how much recognition he is given...his name and likeness still ranks among the tops of individuals living or dead....thats pretty impressive.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The motion picture idea has been around for decades-a quality film might cost $100 million-producers know they have to find the perfect person to play Elvis to spend that type of money-and that is the problem finding that perfect someone. Elvis is much larger than life-and that type person is hard to find. Name stars are going to thing not twice but many times over about trying to fill Elvis' shoes on screen.

The Blues Hall of Fame-is not anyones call but the people at the BHOF-if they are snubbing Elvis purposely there must be a reason (perhaps like Stax records not mention much about Elvis having recorded there-they feel he was not a true blues artist)
    Brian my friend Elvis sells Elvis-young fans happen each year but the idea that a huge explosion of Elvis mania will ever happen again is just false no matter what is done, how many awards Elvis gets, how much recognition he is given...his name and likeness still ranks among the tops of individuals living or dead....thats pretty impressive.
    I figure if they can make movies about other entertainers they could have made one big motion picture instead of all the made for television movies they made.

Daniel Day Lewis and Johnny Depp could have played Elvis in a big screen movie during the 1990s.

Kurt Russell could have done it in the early 80s and Joaquin Phoenix in the 2000s.

I believe that Elvis should have been inducted into the Blues hall of fame by now but i suspect the reason he's been snubbed is because of the race issue.

Because when you think about it Elvis contributed enough to the popularity of blues music that he should have been inducted by now but never has.

Some people including white people think Elvis took the blues and got rich with it while black blues musicians never got their due.

They still hold that against Elvis even though it's not his fault and far from the truth.

Sometimes in situations like this it helps with fan petitions.

A few years ago the Las Vegas walk of fame didn't give Elvis a star until the fans started a petition and started to raise hell until he got one.

DJ Fontana and Bill Black were snubbed by the Rock n' roll hall of fame for a long time until fans started lobbying for them to be inducted.

The fans don't care that Elvis isn't in the Blues hall of fame and to me that's a real shame.

I'm not talking about starting Elvis mania again i just think the things on my list would get him media attention again and get him in the news.

The presidential medal of freedom is something that i feel Elvis deserved and it would make the fans feel proud.

I would have been a nice achievement for Elvis to have gotten it.

I figure if they can make movies about other entertainers they could have made one big motion picture instead of all the made for television movies they made.

Daniel Day Lewis and Johnny Depp could have played Elvis in a big screen movie during the 1990s.

Kurt Russell could have done it in the early 80s and Joaquin Phoenix in the 2000s.

I believe that Elvis should have been inducted into the Blues hall of fame by now but i suspect the reason he's been snubbed is because of the race issue.

Because when you think about it Elvis contributed enough to the popularity of blues music that he should have been inducted by now but never has.

Some people including white people think Elvis took the blues and got rich with it while black blues musicians never got their due.

They still hold that against Elvis even though it's not his fault and far from the truth.

A few years ago the Las Vegas walk of fame didn't give Elvis a star until the fans started a petition and started to raise hell until he got one.

DJ Fontana and Bill Black were snubbed by the Rock n' roll hall of fame for a long time until fans started lobbying for them to be inducted.

The fans don't care that Elvis isn't in the Blues hall of fame and to me that's a real shame.

I'm not talking about starting Elvis mania again i just think the things on my list would get him media attention again and get him in the news.

The presidential medal of freedom is something that i feel Elvis deserved and it would make the fans feel proud.

Brian, go to Google News section, type in "Elvis Presley" and see just how many news reports pops up within the last month.

TCB Mafia

Brian, go to Google News section, type in "Elvis Presley" and see just how many news reports pops up within the last month.
    You still don't understand.

Also i'm not talking about little bitty unimportant tidbits about Elvis where his name is mentioned in various newspapers.

My list contains some major stuff that would get Elvis more publicity and get the Elvis world excited again.

You are correct there are actors who "might be able to pull off Elvis" but its not who you or I think could do it, nor EPE-its about the Producers who foot the bill for the film. They must see a risk in spending that much money and part of that risk is the comparison of the actor who plays Elvis with the real Charismatic Elvis Presley.

Brian which Blues Hall of fame are you talking about-there seems to be more than one.
    In St Louis John Goodman (whos from St Louis) has been promoting a Blues Hall of Fame to be in St Louis.
    There is a Blues Hall of Fame in Chicago.
    Here is a link to a Blues Hall of Fame in which Elvis has been inducted:
    http://www.blueshalloffame.com/20th_...s_Artists.html
    Work in Progress!

You still don't understand.

Also i'm not talking about little bitty unimportant tidbits about Elvis where his name is mentioned in various newspapers.

My list contains some major stuff that would get Elvis more publicity and get the Elvis world excited again.
    But your list is an unrealistic list. I'll make mine.

1. Clean up the 100 acres that EPE owns and redevelop it into a major tribute to Elvis.

2. Open up a permanent Elvis Experience Museum (like the one in Brazil) in Las Vegas. Spread it out from Memphis to Vegas.

3. Develop an Elvis-themed hotel chain like the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino chain throughout the world. With locations in Memphis, Las Vegas, Tokyo, and UK.

4. Produce a major TV documentary on the life of Elvis that doesn't cut and paste periods. Start from birth to death. Then to DVD

5. Work with Time-Warner to get the unseen Vegas and On Tour tapes out to the public.

6. Develop an online Elvis TV network.

7. Produce a 90-minute documentary film with Elvis narrating it, like This Is Elvis only use ELVIS.

8. Develop a hologram Elvis that can tour the world.

9. Get Elvis inserted into modern motion pictures digitally.

10. Stay up with the times and don't cut corners.

Unfortunately, none of that will happen anytime soon either.

TCB Mafia

1. Clean up the 100 acres that EPE owns and redevelop it into a major tribute to Elvis.

2. Open up a permanent Elvis Experience Museum (like the one in Brazil) in Las Vegas. Spread it out from Memphis to Vegas.

3. Develop an Elvis-themed hotel chain like the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino chain throughout the world. With locations in Memphis, Las Vegas, Tokyo, and UK.

4. Produce a major TV documentary on the life of Elvis that doesn't cut and paste periods. Start from birth to death. Then to DVD

5. Work with Time-Warner to get the unseen Vegas and On Tour tapes out to the public.

7. Produce a 90-minute documentary film with Elvis narrating it, like This Is Elvis only use ELVIS.

My point for the last time is that the things i listed would get Elvis more publicity and be better for him than anything that the owners of Elvis image or Graceland would do or could do.

The things on my list are more likely to happen than what's on yours.

Personally, I've given up on hope for EPE to do something with the area around Graceland. It will always be ghetto. I have finally come to the realization that those plans will never happen. No matter who the new owner is. Whoever does become the new owner though will just do what the past ones have done, which is not much at all. They will keep the same visitor center outdoors that they have had for 30 years, the same run down hotel and all the same out of date facilities until they rot away.

Unfortunately, eventually someone is going to get killed at Graceland sooner than later either by oncoming traffic by crossing the busy highway or by some thug living there in the neighborhood. And when it does happen (and it will) I'm going to say, I told you so.
    It is not EPE (nor any business in Memphis') sole responsibility to turn bad neighborhoods into good-you have continually tried to make Memphis' urban redevelopement/crime/ bad neighborhoods etc...the responsibility of Graceland....it is unfair, ungrounded, and unwarranted to lay the condition of the city at any one entities door.
    You have carried that grinded ax toward EPE since day one-they are not responsible for the cities crime or infrastructure-the government and people in the city-ARE.
    EPE has more than done its part in the amount of taxes they pay and bring into the cities coffers not to mention the charitable donations they make in that city.
    You never mention those items-its always what they have not done or should be doing.
    As far as someone getting killed by oncoming traffic or some thug-do you want a total for people killed near or at the St. Louis zoo crossing the highway......or in a traffic accident.... or mugged and killed? Any public arena where many people come and go-have accidents, murders and fatalities that just happen-no major public facility or tourist attraction in this country has not at one time or another had someone killed in some way the fact that Graceland has not up to now is lucky. But if it does happen (God Forbid) it will be a tragedy but not the fault of EPE just as the zoo, theme parks, and sports arenas are not when deaths happen at them.

If better traffic control needs to be inacted on that highway near Graceland, the city planning commision should get on that-not EPE. Citizens of Memphis should demand better traffic near Graceland if its that much a problem-one thing I know for sure-Memphis needs Graceland and its tax production.... the public officials have made that very clear.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

You are correct there are actors who "might be able to pull off Elvis" but its not who you or I think could do it, nor EPE-its about the Producers who foot the bill for the film. They must see a risk in spending that much money and part of that risk is the comparison of the actor who plays Elvis with the real Charismatic Elvis Presley.

Brian which Blues Hall of fame are you talking about-there seems to be more than one.
    In St Louis John Goodman (whos from St Louis) has been promoting a Blues Hall of Fame to be in St Louis.
    There is a Blues Hall of Fame in Chicago.
    Here is a link to a Blues Hall of Fame in which Elvis has been inducted:
    http://www.blueshalloffame.com/20th_...s_Artists.html
    I'm talking about the Blues Foundation Blues hall of fame.

That's considered the major blues hall of fame in the United States.

It started in 1980.

My point for the last time is that the things i listed would get Elvis more publicity and be better for him than anything that the owners of Elvis image or Graceland would do or could do.

The things on my list are more likely to happen than what's on yours.
    Uh, who do you think would have to make those things happen? They OWN the rights and image so without their input or clearance then it would not have a chance at happening.

But if you think a biopic played by some no talent guy who looks nothing like Elvis will do the trick then you need help.

It is not EPE (nor any business in Memphis') sole responsibility to turn bad neighborhoods into good-you have continually tried to make Memphis' urban redevelopement/crime/ bad neighborhoods etc...the responsibility of Graceland....it is unfair, ungrounded, and unwarranted to lay the condition of the city at any one entities door.
    You have carried that grinded ax toward EPE since day one-they are not responsible for the cities crime or infrastructure-the government and people in the city-ARE.
    EPE has more than done its part in the amount of taxes they pay and bring into the cities coffers not to mention the charitable donations they make in that city.
    You never mention those items-its always what they have not done or should be doing.
    As far as someone getting killed by oncoming traffic or some thug-do you want a total for people killed near or at the St. Louis zoo crossing the highway......or in a traffic accident.... or mugged and killed? Any public arena where many people come and go-have accidents, murders and fatalities that just happen-no major public facility or tourist attraction in this country has not at one time or another had someone killed in some way the fact that Graceland has not up to now is lucky. But if it does happen (God Forbid) it will be a tragedy but not the fault of EPE just as the zoo, theme parks, and sports arenas are not when deaths happen at them.

If better traffic control needs to be inacted on that highway near Graceland, the city planning commision should get on that-not EPE. Citizens of Memphis should demand better traffic near Graceland if its that much a problem-one thing I know for sure-Memphis needs Graceland and its tax production.... the public officials have made that very clear.
    Your post right here proves my point. You have absolutely no clue at all as to how bad that crummy city has gotten and is getting. IT IS BAD! Why do you think that EPE and Core couldn't find a partner to go into on a new hotel near Graceland? Because they know the crime is there now. But continue to live in the dark, and you are by your statements.

If I were a business who makes money off of tourism and visitors as EPE, I would demolish the property to the north of the gates where the dumpy looking car lot is and for the time being, until I had the funding, I would just greenspace that property and keep the grass cut. But they can't even do that. They went to all the trouble to run people out of the apartment complexes to tear them down, but left the real eye sores standing.

And it IS EPE's fault if something tragic were to happen. If they had invested on a better setup years ago then that would never have been an issue. Everything would be on the right side of the street next to Graceland without any traffic concerns. But that's not the case.

What is your idea of a pricetag-for all these "Musts" I mean a conservative estimate of your "MUSTS" would seem to be near a billion....locations in Memphis, Las Vegas Tokyo UK etc.........major TV documentary birth to death no cut and pastes (that comes cheap) The original Sillerman plans were near $200 million and yours seem even larger
    than his by far. EP75
    Some of these things you know have been pursued .... theme park in Japan-in which EPE licenses Elvis likeness and image but someone else builds and runs the park for a yearly fee and merchandising rights-the businessmen in Japan could not finance their end.
    EPE has tried to get Time Warner to allow them to in some fashion put out the outtakes from EOT and TTWII and Time Warner is not interested-0not sure how you can force someone to do what they do not want to-but perhaps you can give them an idea of how this is done.
    Produce a 90 minute documentary with Elvis narrating-like This Is Elvis-okay-what new film or footage can be used that has not already been used In This is Elvis and other Elvis documentaries?
    Why not just re-edit This is Elvis using Elvis narration-but it would still not substantially change the film.
    The TV network Idea is not feasible-unless its more than just Elvis-and then how does that set Elvis apart and special.
    THe Hologram was suppose to be in the works by CORE (until the company decided to sell EPE)
    You can not force the film industry to use digital clips of Elvis-they need him in a movie or not-I mean its ludicrous to think you can get him inserted just for the heck of it-it has to something vital to a plot.
    Stay up with the times and don't cut corners...you see cutting corners and staying up with the times is in the eye of the beholder
    I get the feeling that on EPE issues you are a glass half full type of guy-so you will see cutting corners in everything.
    EPE went as far as they could with their operation-then people such as yourself want "Bigger better bolder" they make a deal with Sillerman-and that brings us back to TODAY
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Uh, who do you think would have to make those things happen? They OWN the rights and image so without their input or clearance then it would not have a chance at happening.

But if you think a biopic played by some no talent guy who looks nothing like Elvis will do the trick then you need help.
    1. Huh

2.I said absolutely nothing about a no talent guy playing Elvis.

Your post right here proves my point. You have absolutely no clue at all as to how bad that crummy city has gotten and is getting. IT IS BAD! Why do you think that EPE and Core couldn't find a partner to go into on a new hotel near Graceland? Because they know the crime is there now. But continue to live in the dark, and you are by your statements.

If I were a business who makes money off of tourism and visitors as EPE, I would demolish the property to the north of the gates where the dumpy looking car lot is and for the time being, until I had the funding, I would just greenspace that property and keep the grass cut. But they can't even do that. They went to all the trouble to run people out of the apartment complexes to tear them down, but left the real eye sores standing.

And it IS EPE's fault if something tragic were to happen. If they had invested on a better setup years ago then that would never have been an issue. Everything would be on the right side of the street next to Graceland without any traffic concerns. But that's not the case.
    My post contradicts your point-not proves it. You are not paying attention.
    The crummy city is not EPEs fault-if Graceland was not there the city would be poorer, taxes higher and crime even worse-they are not the CITY they are in the city.
    Your ax to grind is so obvious-what causes that? For once tell me what it is that has made all the ills of Memphis EPEs fault in your mind.

If you do not like Memphis move, but do not blame someone else because you dislike the situation.
    You have never obviously been to East St. Louis-I have...Memphis is saintly compared to it.
    It is not EPEs fault because the city has gone downhill-its the citizens and local government who make zoning laws, the city decides upon highways and traffic concerns and crime...but in your EPE glass half full reality-its all their doing all their fault.
    Reality is not so simple as blaming one person, group or entity.
    Work in Progress!

What is your idea of a pricetag-for all these "Musts" I mean a conservative estimate of your "MUSTS" would seem to be near a billion....locations in Memphis, Las Vegas Tokyo UK etc.........major TV documentary birth to death no cut and pastes (that comes cheap) The original Sillerman plans were near $200 million and yours seem even larger
    than his by far. EP75
    Some of these things you know have been pursued .... theme park in Japan-in which EPE licenses Elvis likeness and image but someone else builds and runs the park for a yearly fee and merchandising rights-the businessmen in Japan could not finance their end.
    EPE has tried to get Time Warner to allow them to in some fashion put out the outtakes from EOT and TTWII and Time Warner is not interested-0not sure how you can force someone to do what they do not want to-but perhaps you can give them an idea of how this is done.
    Produce a 90 minute documentary with Elvis narrating-like This Is Elvis-okay-what new film or footage can be used that has not already been used In This is Elvis and other Elvis documentaries?
    Why not just re-edit This is Elvis using Elvis narration-but it would still not substantially change the film.
    The TV network Idea is not feasible-unless its more than just Elvis-and then how does that set Elvis apart and special.
    THe Hologram was suppose to be in the works by CORE (until the company decided to sell EPE)
    You can not force the film industry to use digital clips of Elvis-they need him in a movie or not-I mean its ludicrous to think you can get him inserted just for the heck of it-it has to something vital to a plot.
    Stay up with the times and don't cut corners...you see cutting corners and staying up with the times is in the eye of the beholder
    I get the feeling that on EPE issues you are a glass half full type of guy-so you will see cutting corners in everything.
    EPE went as far as they could with their operation-then people such as yourself want "Bigger better bolder" they make a deal with Sillerman-and that brings us back to TODAY
    There's a reason why I added that my list, nor Brian's, will be coming true anytime soon.

Who's EP75? Apparently that's where we bump heads. You seem to think I am someone you had beef with in the past which I am not.

There's no proof or indication that EPE and Time-Warner have ever talked about the outtakes being released. That was only a rumor going around.

There's plenty of footage both commercially and private home movies that have been released since This Is Elvis.

I'm not a glass half full guy. I am a realist who sees things for what they are, which is why I call EPE out when I get the chance for doing such cheap products. You act as if I am the only who criticizes them. I am only a small fraction of them. EPE has a bad rep deserving so. I get it's a business, but it's a poorly ran business. And the only reason that they have survived this long is simply Elvis' iconic and longevity. They know it too, that's why they sit back and do very little.

My post contradicts your point-not proves it. You are not paying attention.
    The crummy city is not EPEs fault-if Graceland was not there the city would be poorer, taxes higher and crime even worse-they are not the CITY they are in the city.
    Your ax to grind is so obvious-what causes that? For once tell me what it is that has made all the ills of Memphis EPEs fault in your mind.

If you do not like Memphis move, but do not blame someone else because you dislike the situation.
    You have never obviously been to East St. Louis-I have...Memphis is saintly compared to it.
    It is not EPEs fault because the city has gone downhill-its the citizens and local government who make zoning laws, the city decides upon highways and traffic concerns and crime...but in your EPE glass half full reality-its all their doing all their fault.
    Reality is not so simple as blaming one person, group or entity.
    You have to live there to understand things. I moved away years ago because of the crap, both racially and politically that has destroyed that city. Memphis is NOT the Memphis that fans think it is. They see it through blinders, not reality.

But it's EPE's fault when they own over 100 acres and still allow it to look dumpy. STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEM!!!

You have to live there to understand things. I moved away years ago because of the crap, both racially and politically that has destroyed that city. Memphis is NOT the Memphis that fans think it is. They see it through blinders, not reality.

But it's EPE's fault when they own over 100 acres and still allow it to look dumpy. STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEM!!!
    Memphis is about 2140 square miles in density and a population of 662,897 at the 2010 census...and that 100 acres is the downfall of the city???
    Stop blaming all the ills of that city upon EPE-its so obvious its funny.
    Think about it you drop every single city complaint at their door-its funny!
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast