Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Good luck to them-it will happen as it happens.
    IF it ever happens. I'm with Memphis officials. I'm now approaching it as being cautiously optimistic. I'll believe it when I see it. Show me a rendering or some kind of visual layout of what they are planning, then I'll get excited again. Until then, nothing really new is being said.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Core Media Group puts Graceland back on market for more than $200 million dollars

I don't get real excited about news concerning this type of situation....I get excited about possible new recordings that are totally unknown, I get excited about new discovered video that is unreleased or performances that were fan taped but of good quality, or soundboards that have something new..the heart of Elvis' greatness...everything else is just rotating around that greatness.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I don't get real excited about news concerning this type of situation....I get excited about possible new recordings that are totally unknown, I get excited about new discovered video that is unreleased or performances that were fan taped but of good quality, or soundboards that have something new..the heart of Elvis' greatness...everything else is just rotating around that greatness.
    I hear you, but it's hard to get excited about something that doesn't exist. Those lost recordings aren't going to pop up anytime soon if ever. My fear is that they are lost forever. Ernst would have already released them by now. The lost recording of Feelings, which is the only real chance of a recording popping up in the near future, was never completed. I honestly think that we have seen all there is to see that is of interest concerning lost footage or recordings. Although we know that Time-Warner owns hours of unreleased footage, but the cost to restore and mix sound for a release is very expensive now. I'm afraid their window of opportunity has closed.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I hear you, but it's hard to get excited about something that doesn't exist. Those lost recordings aren't going to pop up anytime soon if ever. My fear is that they are lost forever. Ernst would have already released them by now. The lost recording of Feelings, which is the only real chance of a recording popping up in the near future, was never completed. I honestly think that we have seen all there is to see that is of interest concerning lost footage or recordings. Although we know that Time-Warner owns hours of unreleased footage, but the cost to restore and mix sound for a release is very expensive now. I'm afraid their window of opportunity has closed.
    I agree the chances of new music is slim to none (although stranger things have happened)...but that is what I get excited about concerning Elvis.
    New video pops up constantly on You Tube so I have more hope in that area. The excellent 20 minute MSG footage was also unknown until recently.
    The idea of new buildings, updates for Graceland, or some expansion possibilities are not directly related to the things that made Elvis a worldwide icon...which are music, performance and charisma...the things that made me (and most everyone here) a fan....so its hard to get excited over things which are not related to those areas.
    I don't want these expansion type things to fail-but just can not get worked up over.... what may or (as we have seen in the last 8-9 years) may not happen.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

In a way I find all of this very sad.

TCB Mafia

oops..............

TCB Mafia

is everyone's posts showing up?

no....sometimes I notice that mine don't show until someone posts after me......wierd
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011