Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis: Fall From Graceland

Elvis: Fall From Graceland

This is a short but to the point article. And it's true. http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...from-Graceland
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Elvis: Fall From Graceland

Kathy Dzielak comes across in this article as a complete *****.

"You’re never too old to rock ’n’ roll, the saying goes.

Unless you’re dead, that is.

Elvis Presley, the King of Rock ’n’ Roll, was born 78 years ago this month, but he isn’t around to celebrate.

In fact, he hasn’t been around at all, not since 1977.

Never too old to rock ’n’ roll? In Presley’s case, the more appropriate slogan is live fast, die young and be a badly bloated corpse
    ."

TCB Mafia

It is a short article....short on facts and short on perspective. As it states in the piece, it is an opinion.

As much as the article leaves out, I believe it's based on fact as far as the neglect from those surrounding him goes. A man doesn't hide in drugs if he's happy and feels secure in himself. The constant battles between the members of the mafia must have been darn hard on the nerves all those years, the broken marriage etc. As once was said, no man is an island........

have to agree Viva......short and succulently put.....but very true
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

There are enough "downers" in life-this person chose to highlight the negatives on the celebration of Elvis's 78th birthday...instead of highlighting his huge talent, charisma and generosity.
    I am not disputing what was written, but the lack of attention to who and what Elvis was in life...his contributions to culture and music....his helping to open doors for all entertainers no matter color...
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I'm not going to read the article after reading your comments. I can't stand articles that make fun of Elvis.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Coming On Strong

well..that`s it..that's what really happend...the right facts
    steve

TCB Mafia

Only Elvis could really help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    There are enough "downers" in life-this person chose to highlight the negatives on the celebration of Elvis's 78th birthday...instead of highlighting his huge talent, charisma and generosity.
    I am not disputing what was written, but the lack of attention to who and what Elvis was in life...his contributions to culture and music....his helping to open doors for all entertainers no matter color...
    Exactly Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I'm not going to read the article after reading your comments. I can't stand articles that make fun of Elvis.
    it's not making fun of him.....read it, it states the sadness of his situation and how people didn't help him
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I was born in 78 and so my whole childhood was filled with "Elvis is Alive" bs, dreadfully tacky impersonators, and emphasizing everything that was wrong and went wrong in his life. I understand that it is hard to believe someone that great could succumb to human weaknesses but he did. Why can't the media just let him be an look at all the amazing things he did right and all the happiness he still brings to generations of fans.
    "Music is the voice that tells the human race it is greater than it knows" -Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    it's not making fun of him.....read it, it states the sadness of his situation and how people didn't help him
    That's how I read it too but I was beginning to wonder if I'd missed something...thanks Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Kathy Dzielak comes across in this article as a complete *****.

"You’re never too old to rock ’n’ roll, the saying goes.

Unless you’re dead, that is.

Elvis Presley, the King of Rock ’n’ Roll, was born 78 years ago this month, but he isn’t around to celebrate.

In fact, he hasn’t been around at all, not since 1977.

Never too old to rock ’n’ roll? In Presley’s case, the more appropriate slogan is live fast, die young and be a badly bloated corpse
    ."
    To me this is completely disrespectful of Elvis and his memory. I won't bring myself down to her level by saying what I think of her.
    I can't figure people like this. If they don't like him or not interested in him then why write rubbish like this? Must have been a slow day !!
    Last edited by Cliff; 01-10-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

THANKS DEB I agree ..........
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Only Elvis could really help himself.

No! He could not help himself. You do not know what stress he lived?
    J. Lennon what he said? "No human being would not be able to withstand being ELVIS PRESLEY!"
    I'll Remember You!!!

Its hard to understand his situation....when I have 'less' of my rose tinted glasses on, I go by the theory that he should have stood up to Tom Parker more.....told the guys to s*d off etc etc....

then I go into sympathy mode......bless him, nobody helped him, why couldn't anyone see what he was going through...etc etc....

its not a 'black or white' situation...and as the great man himself said..."you never walked in that Man's shoes". Who are we to judge? he was in a very unique situation

Its hard to understand his situation....when I have 'less' of my rose tinted glasses on, I go by the theory that he should have stood up to Tom Parker more.....told the guys to s*d off etc etc....

then I go into sympathy mode......bless him, nobody helped him, why couldn't anyone see what he was going through...etc etc....

its not a 'black or white' situation...and as the great man himself said..."you never walked in that Man's shoes". Who are we to judge? he was in a very unique situation
    Agree, I just always go with my instincts (and heart).

I know the article is true, but what a nice little uplifting piece in time for his birthday. Gooooooo Kathy

That is the one thing people often forget when speaking of Elvis and his problems-he was "special" beyond the norm for what is known as special.
    Elvis wanted everyone to believe he was in total control-and the people around him played along. We all know he was not in total control, and had huge insecurities and huge issues that led him to the path he followed. Elvis did not know how to cope with these problems, but he could never admit it to people who thought that he was "In total control and had all the answers" They were willing to stay and pretend 95% of the time that Elvis did have the answers, Elvis did have it all under his belt.
    Just going out with a girl might seem a simple normal situation-but he had to contend with his own knowledge of how woman perceived him to be.........IE ELVIS totally in control, totally without peer physically, ELVIS totally and fully the greatest lover and man who walked the earth.......imagine having to think about-"what will she think if I do not put a move on her, what will she think if I am not up to her expectations on all fronts".....thats a heavy heavy burden to carry that very few could relate to on the level of Elvis........and we forget that in every single thing he did (no matter how simple) he was under the gun-to appear totally and fully the Supreme person in those situations.

We have all seen the way the guys and girsl acted around Elvis in videos-most claim to have tried many times to help him, but look at how they constantly cowtowed to him in public and from most books you read-in private also. Lamar especially has contended he made many attempts to confront Elvis-just look at any video evidence like the TTWII and EOT outtakes and Lamar is a whipped puppy who just does as he is told...hardly the type man to stand up to Elvis in a meaningful way.
    I do not blame these guys-I have said for my entire time as a member of TCB World that this was a dysfunctional situation....friends as employee/friend as the boss......its almost never works...the lines get blurred and eventually everyone involved tires of not knowing when I am friend, and when I am employee.
    By cowtowing 95% of the time they could never gain real respect and by enabling Elvis.... instead of helping him...they unintentionally hurt him.
    He was not in control, they could all see it but instead of helping him understand its okay to have problems and issues as long as you recognise them and try to overcome them-"they pretended he was IN CONTROL"
    Once again people around someone "Can make a difference" it happens everyday all over the world.

But this was unique, it was not black and white...it was a special situation that none of us can ever even imagine we could understand from the outside.

The times they stood up to him-were not that frequent, and they always came back whether they were fired or quit.
    Sure no one can make decisions for another person-but there is a process called "enabling" and they definitely fit that process.
    People who were strong and stood up to Elvis, gained his respect and he would do things he normally did not have the courage to do.
    How many people around Elvis were really like that, how many really on a consistent basis pushed the envelope and gained his respect?
    The people who did professionally , like Chips Moman, or Steve Bender....did not depend upon Elvis for anything other than the project at hand and they told him the truth....did not sugar coat it or half heartedily make their ideas known.....Elvis needed to respect someone before he would listen and learn in his professional life and that would be the same in his private life.........unfortunately most of the guys did depend upon Elvis, they did want to be where they were, they liked the perks and only occasionally would explode with things Elvis did not want to hear.
    Exploding is not the way to reach someone, it just causes confrontation and nothing is accomplished.
    Work in Progress!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast