Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ginger slams priscilla in magazine article.

Loving elvis

elvis magazines articles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97474_womans_day_1992_122_539lo.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	55823

Interesting first one is a good one for those who dislike priscilla lol
    Last edited by presley31; 09-25-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: spelling

TCB Mafia

Re: Ginger slams priscilla in magazine article.

When you posted this i thought it was recently but this article is from 1991.

What Ginger Alden says about Priscilla is close to 100% accurate.

I don't see Ginger's comments necessarily stemming from jealousy because a lot of people have said the same things about Priscilla.

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    When you posted this i thought it was recently but this article is from 1991.

What Ginger Alden says about Priscilla is close to 100% accurate.

I don't see Ginger's comments necessarily stemming from jealousy because a lot of people have said the same things about Priscilla.
    Exactly Priscilla acts like there was never even a divorce. You know she tried to say that once?

One, this highly suspect article is well over 20 years old.
    Two, it is Ginger,"I can't be bothered to stay the night at Graceland, or go on tour with you", Alden. Nuff said.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by josephinebeau View Post
    One, this highly suspect article is well over 20 years old.
    The article is legit.

Coming On Strong

I think Ginger makes some valid points

Loving elvis

Does anybody have any other magazine articles?

Angry Re: Ginger slams priscilla in magazine article.

Wow.

I just want to say a few things in response to this ridiculous article, old as it may be. First of all, Priscilla is not the one who keeps referring to herself as his widow (that would be magazines, reporters, ect), nor does she ever act as if there was never a divorce. In nearly every sit-down interview she's ever given, for television or documentaries, she has talked about their divorce, not once skirting around it.

It really bothers me that, just because they divorced, some people think Priscilla can't be emotional about Elvis' passing. She can't mourn just like everybody else. Elvis was her whole life, she practically grew up around him. Divorce does not mean you suddenly become callus to that person (unless, perhaps, the relationship was rotten through and through, which theirs was not). Elvis was her dear friend after the divorce. And Ginger is telling us that Priscilla isn't entitled to feel the pain of his premature passing?

P.S., Ging', Elvis filed for divorce to protect Priscilla's privacy, so that her home address or whatever it was would not be public information. At least, this is what I have read over the years.

And, Greedland? Really? Priscilla saved Elvis' cherished home from being lost forever. She saved it for him, for their daughter and the decision to open it up wasn't easy but she had no choice. God forbid this decision pull in any kind of money, and how dare she try to preserve this history and keep it in the family. Let us condemn her, right, Ginger?

The use of the Presley name is something I find kind of a boring debate. Whether Priscilla kept Elvis' last name or not (btw, she never technically dropped it, she only added back her maiden name), she was never ever, ever going to be seen or known as anything but Priscilla Presley. People would and always have associated her first with Elvis. So, Presley or not, she's been a hard worker at everything she does and those same career opportunities would have come knocking no matter what her name was.

The supposed quote by Elvis that he 'wouldn't have her [Priscilla] back!' is also a real contradiction to facts (probably not as well known back when this was published). This is stated with almost repulsion toward Priscilla. Elvis and Priscilla remained close friends after the divorce and he loved her dearly (even dedicating songs to her). So, it's just not plausible that he would say something like this with, what seems to me, disgust at the mere thought.

Btw, where did Priscilla and Mike Stone supposedly 'run away' to? I mean, Ginger needs to hurry up and write a book about Priscilla because she seems to know so much.

Ugh, this was just so laughable and grating at the same time. It rings of childish jealousy. It really does. Ginger probably is very, very bitter. Bitter because she isn't Mrs. Elvis Presley. That's what this whole article screams, in my opinion. Sorry, Ginger, Elvis may have fashioned you after his ex-wife, Priscilla, but you don't have half the class that she does. Trashing her to magazines like a bitter little brat, Elvis would wring your neck. She is the mother of his daughter and he'd never let you get away with disrespecting her like this.

I didn't know much about Ginger before this and therefore thought I could like her, but.... NO. This just turned me off of her completely.

Cadillac King

Re: elvis magazines articles

This is the problem with life, anything can be changed from the facts to hurt other people when others are of that disposition.

It isn't fair and far too common.

After all, those who love or loved someone, if true, wouldn't try to destroy them.

Re: elvis magazines articles

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    This is the problem with life, anything can be changed from the facts to hurt other people when others are of that disposition.

It isn't fair and far too common.

After all, those who love or loved someone, if true, wouldn't try to destroy them.
    Fair comment but you can also hate what you once loved too.

Wasn't Ginger finally writing a book? It could be an interesting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Yeah she was wasn't she? Who knows if it'll eventually happen, but I'd read it.

Backstage Pass

I must say that I have no interest in memories from Ginger Alden.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by mandymcgee View Post
    Wow.

I just want to say a few things in response to this ridiculous article, old as it may be. First of all, Priscilla is not the one who keeps referring to herself as his widow (that would be magazines, reporters, ect), nor does she ever act as if there was never a divorce. In nearly every sit-down interview she's ever given, for television or documentaries, she has talked about their divorce, not once skirting around it.

It really bothers me that, just because they divorced, some people think Priscilla can't be emotional about Elvis' passing. She can't mourn just like everybody else. Elvis was her whole life, she practically grew up around him. Divorce does not mean you suddenly become callus to that person (unless, perhaps, the relationship was rotten through and through, which theirs was not). Elvis was her dear friend after the divorce. And Ginger is telling us that Priscilla isn't entitled to feel the pain of his premature passing?

P.S., Ging', Elvis filed for divorce to protect Priscilla's privacy, so that her home address or whatever it was would not be public information. At least, this is what I have read over the years.

And, Greedland? Really? Priscilla saved Elvis' cherished home from being lost forever. She saved it for him, for their daughter and the decision to open it up wasn't easy but she had no choice. God forbid this decision pull in any kind of money, and how dare she try to preserve this history and keep it in the family. Let us condemn her, right, Ginger?

The use of the Presley name is something I find kind of a boring debate. Whether Priscilla kept Elvis' last name or not (btw, she never technically dropped it, she only added back her maiden name), she was never ever, ever going to be seen or known as anything but Priscilla Presley. People would and always have associated her first with Elvis. So, Presley or not, she's been a hard worker at everything she does and those same career opportunities would have come knocking no matter what her name was.

The supposed quote by Elvis that he 'wouldn't have her [Priscilla] back!' is also a real contradiction to facts (probably not as well known back when this was published). This is stated with almost repulsion toward Priscilla. Elvis and Priscilla remained close friends after the divorce and he loved her dearly (even dedicating songs to her). So, it's just not plausible that he would say something like this with, what seems to me, disgust at the mere thought.

Btw, where did Priscilla and Mike Stone supposedly 'run away' to? I mean, Ginger needs to hurry up and write a book about Priscilla because she seems to know so much.

Ugh, this was just so laughable and grating at the same time. It rings of childish jealousy. It really does. Ginger probably is very, very bitter. Bitter because she isn't Mrs. Elvis Presley. That's what this whole article screams, in my opinion. Sorry, Ginger, Elvis may have fashioned you after his ex-wife, Priscilla, but you don't have half the class that she does. Trashing her to magazines like a bitter little brat, Elvis would wring your neck. She is the mother of his daughter and he'd never let you get away with disrespecting her like this.

I didn't know much about Ginger before this and therefore thought I could like her, but.... NO. This just turned me off of her completely.
    I think you have been listening to Priscilla's side of the story for too long. LOL.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    At this point I doubt it will ever come out.

Had she written the book in the 1980s it probably would have been huge.

Ginger was about 12 when Elvis and Priscilla began having problems-she was no where in sight and as I pointed out in the thread concerning albums in 1970 when Elvis went to Washington to see Nixon-Joyce Bova was his girl in Washington, when Elvis got his eye problem in March of 71 Barbara Leigh rushed to Nashville to be with him in the Hospital, then she left and Bova flew in from Washington to fly back to Memphis with Elvis (Priscilla was in California working on their house) Elvis juggled girls like a acrobat on Ed Sullivan....you know a divorce and marriage take 2 people.
    Each usually has some modem of blame and responsibility-the Presley marriage and divorce is no different.
    Each cheated-each grew and changed, each wanted different goals-and they divorced.
    That does not mean they hated each other, that does not mean they wanted harm or pain to the other....time makes things easier.
    But its telling that Elvis yells "listen Cilla" on a concert recording when he is singing "Its Midnight"
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

In the article the Alden's are not really commenting on the marriage of Elvis and Priscilla.

They are mostly talking about things Priscilla did since Elvis passed away and giving their impressions and opinions on that.

Both Linda Thompson and Sheila Ryan have mentioned that Elvis would say things about Priscilla to them.

Elvis could have said things about Priscilla while Ginger was around.
    Last edited by Brian; 06-30-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Ginger was about 12 when Elvis and Priscilla began having problems-she was no where in sight and as I pointed out in the thread concerning albums in 1970 when Elvis went to Washington to see Nixon-Joyce Bova was his girl in Washington, when Elvis got his eye problem in March of 71 Barbara Leigh rushed to Nashville to be with him in the Hospital, then she left and Bova flew in from Washington to fly back to Memphis with Elvis (Priscilla was in California working on their house) Elvis juggled girls like a acrobat on Ed Sullivan....you know a divorce and marriage take 2 people.
    Each usually has some modem of blame and responsibility-the Presley marriage and divorce is no different.
    Each cheated-each grew and changed, each wanted different goals-and they divorced.
    That does not mean they hated each other, that does not mean they wanted harm or pain to the other....time makes things easier.
    But its telling that Elvis yells "listen Cilla" on a concert recording when he is singing "Its Midnight"
    makes you wonder when he had time to work..........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Talking about Priscilla wasn't Ginger's goal when she said she was writing a book and few people would believe what she might know anyway. Many fans can't believe that Priscilla could do anything wrong and many others still think that Elvis died because Ginger fell asleep the night he died. Ginger must be one of the most disliked people in the Elvis world, so even if she knew interesting things about Elvis' past they wouldn't believe her.

Ive never understood why so many fans hate Ginger.She was in way over her head with Elvis.There is no way she was prepared for the situation she found herself in.Elvis needed a nurse not a girlfriend.Its not fair to blame her for what happened the night of the 16th.Elvis was beyond saving.We shouldn't forget Elvis nearly died a couple of times previously.He was just to self destructive.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast