+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: TCB Chat

  1. #1
    Backstage Pass rams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    151

    TCB Chat

    Install TCB Chat

    Institute freedom to post gallery pictures without prejudice


    .................these are ideas lost that should be injected back into our site to bring the TCB community closer knit before the site was revamped
    .the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image......................

  2. #2
    I'm only Your elvia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland - Europe
    Posts
    6,222

    Re: TCB Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by rams View Post
    Install TCB Chat

    Institute freedom to post gallery pictures without prejudice


    .................these are ideas lost that should be injected back into our site to bring the TCB community closer knit before the site was revamped


    I agree with you rams!!

    This very this very irritating . He disappeared Chat , we can not put in on "Other artwork (posters, drawings, t-shirts etc)"
    For what these complications.

    These are problems which they cause that members TCB go away !
    I'll Remember You!!!

  3. #3
    TCB Mafia ForeverTheKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    3,450

    Re: TCB Chat

    I must agree...there are a lot of differences here..in the past TCB was better...much more space and much more freedom for us, the fans, to talk, post pics and so on. It's a real shame...but I've noticed I'm not the only one who left a bit the site.
    In the gallery now you can find only "doubles" of past pics...although there were restricted rules. This is one of the reason I'm not sharing pics anymore...

  4. #4
    Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Posts
    6,349

    Re: TCB Chat

    I'm glad you've posted this question in this forum with the right prefix.

    We are not a business, we are a group of people who enjoy maintaining a forum for and with other Elvis fans. All in our spare time. We are more than happy to work on ideas, as you suggested. That's also why we urge people to post ideas or bugs here, rather than to complain.

    The fact that we do this all for free, is by no means an excuse for not fixing bugs or listening to ideas. This is not the website of the moderators, but of all fans. There are unfortunately some limitations: errors can occur due to problems at the web host, at the internet provider from a member, the browser of a member or even the pc of a member. With this huge range of possible causes of an error, it's unfortunately impossible to fix certain problems that occur for some members.

    We will add a chat option real soon.

    And what do you mean with 'more space'? We have over 70.000 images in the gallery, using over 20GB of space. It's not the amount of pictures of storage that's the problem, but the fact that images should be easily found in order to be useful. We know that many images are duplicate and rarely images are tagged or given a proper title. This way it's impossible for other members to easily find images.

    Believe me, Tommy is working very hard to keep the gallery as good and nice as possible, and to be fair to everyone. And only with one goal: to give all members the best experience. I think that's very positive. It's sad that this might come across as a bad thing. There are lots of people who upload great pictures that meet all requirements. But also lots of members that upload tons of images that have already been posted before (even though these members have the best intentions).

    So please, if you have a better idea of improving the gallery, or other things, share them. I don't moderate often, or contribute stories or posts, but I'm the technical person. I like that a lot, but unfortunately there are times that I cannot meet the expectations or demands of the forum members or moderators. I would love it if you or anyone else would have ideas for the forum, gallery or frontpage. You'd be surprised to see that we actually listen to you

    edit: I have removed the angry smiley from the thread title as I consider this topic as an idea (=positive)
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

    Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom






  5. #5
    I'm only Your elvia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland - Europe
    Posts
    6,222

    Re: TCB Chat

    THANK YOU ALBERT!!!!
    Thank you and all moderators ! Thanks Tommy!! I see how many work is on Gallery !
    Thank you for your listen us and try give to us what you can .
    I see how it is hard work.
    ALBERT, I see that You actually listen to us . I am thankful for EVEYTHING!!!
    Chat it one of very atractive thing ..........I hope You will add a chat option real soon.
    I'll Remember You!!!

  6. #6
    TCB Mafia ForeverTheKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    3,450

    Re: TCB Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I'm glad you've posted this question in this forum with the right prefix.

    We are not a business, we are a group of people who enjoy maintaining a forum for and with other Elvis fans. All in our spare time. We are more than happy to work on ideas, as you suggested. That's also why we urge people to post ideas or bugs here, rather than to complain.

    The fact that we do this all for free, is by no means an excuse for not fixing bugs or listening to ideas. This is not the website of the moderators, but of all fans. There are unfortunately some limitations: errors can occur due to problems at the web host, at the internet provider from a member, the browser of a member or even the pc of a member. With this huge range of possible causes of an error, it's unfortunately impossible to fix certain problems that occur for some members.

    We will add a chat option real soon.

    And what do you mean with 'more space'? We have over 70.000 images in the gallery, using over 20GB of space. It's not the amount of pictures of storage that's the problem, but the fact that images should be easily found in order to be useful. We know that many images are duplicate and rarely images are tagged or given a proper title. This way it's impossible for other members to easily find images.

    Believe me, Tommy is working very hard to keep the gallery as good and nice as possible, and to be fair to everyone. And only with one goal: to give all members the best experience. I think that's very positive. It's sad that this might come across as a bad thing. There are lots of people who upload great pictures that meet all requirements. But also lots of members that upload tons of images that have already been posted before (even though these members have the best intentions).

    So please, if you have a better idea of improving the gallery, or other things, share them. I don't moderate often, or contribute stories or posts, but I'm the technical person. I like that a lot, but unfortunately there are times that I cannot meet the expectations or demands of the forum members or moderators. I would love it if you or anyone else would have ideas for the forum, gallery or frontpage. You'd be surprised to see that we actually listen to you

    edit: I have removed the angry smiley from the thread title as I consider this topic as an idea (=positive)
    I agree you...I think it's a hard work to put order in the gallery
    I was used to post many pics before and sometimes it wasn't easy for me to find them. I've seen so many of them deleted without apparent reason that I got tired to try. What I think it's sad is that, many of the recent pics posted in the gallery, are still doubles. So I don't think there's an objective way to choose them, preserving the original ones and put order with others. This is my personal opinion, of course

  7. #7
    Backstage Pass rams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    151

    Re: TCB Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    THANK YOU ALBERT!!!!
    Thank you and all moderators ! Thanks Tommy!! I see how many work is on Gallery !
    Thank you for your listen us and try give to us what you can .
    I see how it is hard work.
    ALBERT, I see that You actually listen to us . I am thankful for EVEYTHING!!!
    Chat it one of very atractive thing ..........I hope You will add a chat option real soon.
    Albert,

    Believe me when I say that I do agree with your explanation. I also offer thanks to Evi and Ale' for their input as well. Albert I do appreciate all your efforts and my thread was not a complaint but a request that I hoped would be looked into. Knowing you, I feel confident that you as always will help us to achieve these request.
    Albert, I know also of course that rules are rules but I think sometimes depending where you institute them could be an obstacle with what the rule is set to protect in the issue of the Gallery that I was addressing originally in this thread. Over the years I offered many ,many pics(as has Ale") and it was then that it really brought a real togetherness amongst members. It was exciting and sometimes competitive to come up with the rarely seen or beautiful looked or oddest shot or even different angle pose etc of Elvis. Gotta" tell ya, its lost over this past year or so with this "approval" deal that acts as if the photo you offered is allowed or given permission to post. I also can not offer my collection anymore because I feel slighted by this rule in the Gallery.............> BUT please Albert understand I do respect your decision and I am most very grateful to you for giving us this gifted website and do also appreciate all your time and efforts and that is the respect I give to you in that I abide by your rules as set forth but my opinion is such that to only hope to enhance the great thing here you have so generously given us.

    Respectively Always,
    rams
    .the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image......................

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. chat
    By geordie in forum Off topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 01:53 AM
  2. Tcb Chat
    By Dave TCB in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 04:25 AM
  3. TCB-chat
    By LocalRaven in forum Off topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •