Thread: I can Help (undubbed)

I can Help (undubbed)

can somebody help me with this one? on witch cd can i find the "undubbed master" of "i Can Help" ?? don't find it anymore
    Thanks

Talking

I could be wrong here..but the version your looking for i think is on the essential 70's masters disk 4 track 17?
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

Officially it was issued on the 1979 album ?Our Memories Of Elvis Volume 2? which was issued on a single CD along with Volume 1 through the Dutch fan club/RCA Special Products.

The import CD ?Yesterday/Today? also includes an ?undubbed? version, but strictly speaking neither the RCA version nor the unofficial version are genuine undubbed masters. RCA took some of the channels out of the mix for the ?Our Memories? albums rather than issue genuine undubbed masters, and the bootleggers seem to have adopted the same ploy for the ?Yesterday/Today? album. Whilst both versions are often referred to as the ?undubbed master? they are actually both different mixes.

Thanks for your help friends

Exclamation

The cd has far better mix than the 2 orig lp"s...it was well remasterd,so well down the club in holland.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrebel
    RCA took some of the channels out of the mix for the ?Our Memories? albums rather than issue genuine undubbed masters.
    Rebel,

While on 'Way Down' for instance it sounds very much that channels have been taken out or turned down, a lot of the tracks on that CD are not so obvious.

Is it confirmed that all the undubbed tracks on 'Memories Of Elvis' have simply had channels removed or turned down. On the whole the disc sounded to me like genuine undubbeds.

Maybe I need to give it another spin.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Exclamation

Like i said on the above post...

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I love the undubbed recordings, as well as those with channels removed, but I must say that I Can Help--in whichever form that may be--definitely sounds like something is missing during the instrumental breaks. Its sounding so bare like that would seem to confirm the missing channels...if it's not already confirmed. I would have to agree about it being very apparent on Way Down, but maybe they just did a sloppy job on that one, or they had more "bleeding" between the channels on that song for whatever reason.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Bobby, where is that pic with Elvis in front of the American flag from? Obviously the flag wasn't the original background, but I ask because it looks like a 70s studio portrait and I wasn't aware that any studio pics were taken in the 70s.

Thanks

Roustabouts

'Our Memories Of Elvis' on CD

Hi folks!

Both of the 'Our Memories Of Elvis'-LP's have been reissued as promotional items by BMG in Peru. They are still available - although at a rather hefty price - from Worldwide Elvis.

Also, from time to time they're sold on Ebay at more reasonable prices.

But I really think that it would be a most welcome FTD-release to have them both issued properly on one disc, using the true undubbed masters. Also they could/should include the old Bilko 'More Pure Elvis'-release, which was supposedly created from the draft-tracklist to 'Our Memories Of Elvis vol. 3'.

This included the undubbed mastertake of Hurt which is just plain b..... fabulous in my opinion. Oh yes, and the undubbed master of 'Moody Blue' as well - another terrific performance, far superior to the released version.

As you can see, I'm really a sucker for undubbed, unedited material so any release featuring this would be most welcome at my doorstep! (h)

TCB,
    Jakob

Quote Originally Posted by Skjernaa
    Oh yes, and the undubbed master of 'Moody Blue' as well - another terrific performance, far superior to the released version.

Jacob, that's the extended 'Moody Blue' without the early fade out right ? It seems a great piece of the performance was missed due to the early fade on the original master, and it's a real treat to have the full version found on the disc you mention !

I'd also welcome some more genuinely undubbed 70's material too !!

Bobby, that old 'Way Down' on the 'Memories of Elvis' CD sure sounds funny boy, I tell you for sure.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

Good call, Mark.

I also must agree on the undubbed, unedited Moody Blue. One of the last "tell me who I'm talkin' to"s which was not heard on the released version is simply fantastic. If leaving it in would have made the song too long or something, it would have been great if they could have at least spliced it in. I don't know of such things, but I'm guessing he sang it an octave higher, and it's cool as hell.

Jakob, I'm a sucker for that stuff too!

T_J, thanks for asking. That means I must have done a decent job of doctoring that photo --see below.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=2762

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet

I also must agree on the undubbed, unedited Moody Blue. One of the last "tell me who I'm talkin' to"s which was not heard on the released version is simply fantastic.
    BINGO, Bobby

(h)

That performance needs to be released on a Jungle Room Sessions follow-up FTD! We haven't heard it in a sound quality equal to that of JRS--nowhere close, actually (or at least, I haven't). Plus, the fans that haven't heard it at all, need to...it's killer!

Quote Originally Posted by spinout-designs
    Rebel,

While on 'Way Down' for instance it sounds very much that channels have been taken out or turned down, a lot of the tracks on that CD are not so obvious.

Is it confirmed that all the undubbed tracks on 'Memories Of Elvis' have simply had channels removed or turned down. On the whole the disc sounded to me like genuine undubbeds.

Maybe I need to give it another spin.

I must say it?s been a while since I?ve played the CD. I always assumed that RCA had simply ?stripped down? the original mixes, as if they had access to the genuine undubbed masters at the time, why would they issue such a strange mix of ?Way Down? instead?

However, I do take your point that not every track sounded as strange as ?Way Down? did, but I would have to listen to the CD again before I made any further comments on these mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    T_J, thanks for asking. That means I must have done a decent job of doctoring that photo --see below.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=2762
    A great job You should try the same approach to an earlier 60s shot. Imagine the GI Blues Elvis with Aloha hair!!!

Thanks, T_J!

What I need to do is get PhotoShop. What I did there was a pixel by pixel alteration using Paint, and that was a small image, obviously. I could have some fun with a program like that.

Til then, as I asked about in the thread I linked to there, I'd like to see some similar work from others, if anyone is so inclined. Could be interesting.