Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Elvis Sunged Moody Blues, Love Me tender at Rapid city 1977??

Did Elvis Sunged Moody Blues, Love Me tender at Rapid city 1977??

Coz i just listened to the concert and he said: moody blues,love me tender i do later i gotta do this first.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    He didn't perform those songs at Rapid City. That was a rather strange comment that he obviously didn't need to make but did for whatever reason...I don't think he had intentions of performing them -- Moody Blue in particular -- and simply forgot, anyway.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

International Level WHITETIGERMAN's Avatar
    That's right..............he did not perform those at that concert.

My wife Called cbs! cbs said he did but they keeping it for a new project he sunged lots more songs then people now

Haven't the whole shows been released on import DVDs-aren't all the songs on them which he sang?
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Haven't the whole shows been released on import DVDs-aren't all the songs on them which he sang?

That's the way I understood it...............anyone else care to add to this?

nope my friend not all the songs are released my wife called CBS there planning on a new project and love me tender moody blues be on it! From rapid city,june 21 1977 they kept it unreleased coz of that new project! cbs told us

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny2523 View Post
    nope my friend not all the songs are released my wife called CBS there planning on a new project and love me tender moody blues be on it! From rapid city,june 21 1977 they kept it unreleased coz of that new project! cbs told us

That is sure a new one on me for sure.

thanks to cbs for giving this information coz we called them with this question and they told us they did and that they be releasing it in a few years on a special new project it will be super great

Would love to see some offical release on this special

Since EPE owns the special (And all footage)CBS can not start a new project because the footage is in the hands of EPE.

Here is EPE'S answer to this question:
    Status of the TV Special Elvis in Concert (1977)
    Elvis in Concert (1977)

This special and its related footage are owned by EPE.

The 1977 television special Elvis in Concert, which was shot during Elvis' last concert tour in June of 1977 (not actually the last concert itself as Vernon Presley indicated in a statement at the end of the special) aired a couple of times on network television and parts of it, and additional footage shot during the production of it, have been used in various television and video documentary projects over the years. However, much to the disappointment of a number of fans, we have no plans for releasing a home video of the Elvis in Concert material at this time. Because of the severity of Elvis' health problems at the time the special was shot, Elvis was far from his best in the way he looked and the way he performed, though there are some truly brilliant moments in the footage. The true fans look at this through the eyes of love, respect and understanding, and see the great historical value - as do all the members of our staff. But, this not so with much of the general public and the media. It's not that we don't want the fans to have this footage or that we don't know how much it would mean to them. We do. There just simply is no way to get it only to the real fans (and we've exhausted all kinds of ideas) without also having Elvis served up to the general public and press for ridicule. They already emphasize and exaggerate the tragedy and sadness of the last years of his life too much. Right now, the emphasis for us is to remind them of all that came before.

We receive many calls, letters and E-mails from fans pushing for us to release this footage on home video. There is not a single argument in favor of our releasing it that has come from fans that hasn't come up amongst our management team. We talk about it at length periodically. Up to now, some members of the management team who decide these things have not become comfortable with releasing it. Perhaps that could change someday. For now, our position remains as explained herein. "Not now" does not necessarily mean "not ever". We'll see. In the meantime, we truly understand, respect and appreciate and share on so many levels the feelings of those fans who want the 1977 material released.

In the meantime, we continue to use clips from the 1977 special as appropriate for historical context and completeness in documentary projects and exhibits........

This is the only in depth mention of the 1977 special-and they have nothing about a new project with CBS in their news section.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Since EPE owns the special (And all footage)CBS can not start a new project because the footage is in the hands of EPE.

Here is EPE'S answer to this question:
    Status of the TV Special Elvis in Concert (1977)
    Elvis in Concert (1977)

This special and its related footage are owned by EPE.

The 1977 television special Elvis in Concert, which was shot during Elvis' last concert tour in June of 1977 (not actually the last concert itself as Vernon Presley indicated in a statement at the end of the special) aired a couple of times on network television and parts of it, and additional footage shot during the production of it, have been used in various television and video documentary projects over the years. However, much to the disappointment of a number of fans, we have no plans for releasing a home video of the Elvis in Concert material at this time. Because of the severity of Elvis' health problems at the time the special was shot, Elvis was far from his best in the way he looked and the way he performed, though there are some truly brilliant moments in the footage. The true fans look at this through the eyes of love, respect and understanding, and see the great historical value - as do all the members of our staff. But, this not so with much of the general public and the media. It's not that we don't want the fans to have this footage or that we don't know how much it would mean to them. We do. There just simply is no way to get it only to the real fans (and we've exhausted all kinds of ideas) without also having Elvis served up to the general public and press for ridicule. They already emphasize and exaggerate the tragedy and sadness of the last years of his life too much. Right now, the emphasis for us is to remind them of all that came before.

We receive many calls, letters and E-mails from fans pushing for us to release this footage on home video. There is not a single argument in favor of our releasing it that has come from fans that hasn't come up amongst our management team. We talk about it at length periodically. Up to now, some members of the management team who decide these things have not become comfortable with releasing it. Perhaps that could change someday. For now, our position remains as explained herein. "Not now" does not necessarily mean "not ever". We'll see. In the meantime, we truly understand, respect and appreciate and share on so many levels the feelings of those fans who want the 1977 material released.

In the meantime, we continue to use clips from the 1977 special as appropriate for historical context and completeness in documentary projects and exhibits........

This is the only in depth mention of the 1977 special-and they have nothing about a new project with CBS in their news section.

This actually what I thought also.

I doubt that anyone at CBS would know anything about what Elvis happened to sing at a concert over thirty years ago. I can assure you that there will be no such program from 1977 forthcoming from CBS.
    "The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

I know I'm a minority, but I would rather have "Elvis in Concert" be locked up in the vaults. Releasing it would give the general public more material to mock Elvis.

That is absolute crap.

Your story doesn't hold water for a couple of reasons.

No one at CBS would take the time to check the tapes to see what songs were on there. No one at CBS would bother to go to that much effort.

And Moody Blue was only ever sung once, back in February.

Oh, and the ENTIRE SHOW was captured on audio and video! Oi vay.

Good try though.

I do hope this isn't a case of trolling.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Here comes World War 3.

Quote Originally Posted by LtCarman View Post
    I know I'm a minority, but I would rather have "Elvis in Concert" be locked up in the vaults. Releasing it would give the general public more material to mock Elvis.
    Which is why, as has been discussed previously, it must be released as a proper FTD audio and video project.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Which is why, as has been discussed previously, it must be released as a proper FTD audio and video project.

I hope that FTD will consider doing it.........the only way we will get it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    That is absolute crap.

Your story doesn't hold water for a couple of reasons.

No one at CBS would take the time to check the tapes to see what songs were on there. No one at CBS would bother to go to that much effort.

And Moody Blue was only ever sung once, back in February.

Oh, and the ENTIRE SHOW was captured on audio and video! Oi vay.

Good try though.

I do hope this isn't a case of trolling.
    That thought did cross my mind also
    Work in Progress!

thanks for the info
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast