Director: Arthur Nadel
    Producer: Levy-Gardner-Laven
    Film Length: 99 mins
    Colour/B&W: Colour

Cast:

Scott Heywood - Elvis Presley
    Dianne Carter - Shelley Fabares
    Tom Wilson - Will Hutchins
    James Jamison III - Bill Bixby (starred in The Hulk & The Magician series in later years)
    Sam Burton - Gary Merrill
    Duster Heywood - James Gregory

Story:

Elvis plays the role of a millionaire's son, leaving home to see if he can do something worthwhile on his own, while not depending on his family's fortune.
    On his way to Miami Beach he meets up with waterski instructor Will Hutchins and switches identities with him.

Elvis' first student for waterskiing is Shelley Fabares, who is in Miami to hook up with a rich husband. She has set her sights on Bill Bixby, a playboy and boat racer.
    Elvis gets jealous when Bixby becomes interested in Fabares and decides to try and impress the girl.

Not willing to fall back on his wealth Elvis forms a partnership with Gary Merrill, who owns a new design boat, that was ripped apart during the previous years's boat regatta.
    Elvis further develops a hardener for the protective coating of the boat and it's ready to participate in the race.
    Unable to test it before the race, Elvis risks his life in the effort to win both the race and the girl.

Behind The Scenes:

Clambake was plagued with problems even before shooting began: Elvis was overweight and - on the very first day - he slipped, suffered a concussion and couldn't work for several weeks. Filming evetually began at the end of March 1967.

This was Elvis' 25th movie in 11 years. It's safe to say that he had become tired of the same old formula.

The original title was: "Too Big For Texas!".

Pre-production scenes were filmed in Miami, using a double on several scenes. Elvis' scenes were filmed in Los Angeles.

Actual footage of the Orange Bowl International Boat Regatta was used. The race was at Miami's Marine Stadium.

Movie trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk8vgSdLrwQ"]YouTube- Elvis - Clambake[/ame] (Movie clip)

Songs:

Clambake
    Who Needs Money
    A House That Has Everything
    Confidence
    Hey, Hey, Hey
    You Don't Know Me
    The Girl I Never Loved

Related Links:

Pictures: www.tcb-world.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=76&userid=
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clambake.jpg  
    Last edited by Sonny; 11-28-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Backstage Pass
    Is this film as bad as people say?
    ADRIANNA

If you would ask me, I would say "no", not really.

Granted, it's definately not the best film Elvis did, but it's still a very entertaining movie.

It's your well-known Elvis, girls, race and Elvis wins the race kinda thing, but it does have it's nice moments.

Will Hutchins has a couple of silly moments, after he switched identities with Elvis. And Bill Bixby does a fine job as the smooth guy who's competition to Elvis, both on the water and chasing Shelly Fabares.

Apart from some "weaker" songs, like f.i. Confidence, we also get to hear and see "A House That Has Everything", which is very nice. (Though Elvis' red outfit isn't very well chosen).

Clambake, despite the silly lyrics, does swing.

Sonny

I liked this movie. Pretty good. Anyway I like all of Elvis' movies.

Thank You for posting this one,

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I think its one of the worst, but like the songs You Dont know Me and House that has Everything. I thought the sets looked cheesy and Elvis's wardrobe was not done well. But I still watch it once in a great while.

Clambake

It's Not All Bad Movie, It's My First Movie Of Elvis Plus On Our's First Color TV We Buy In 1977, there Parts Is Bad, one part with Kids That's made It Worst Movie

poormansgold

Updated,

Sonny

Of course, we all understand that my favorite won't be yours, & your favorite won't be mine. That said, I enjoyed this movie. Didn't like the song "Confidence" - a bad rip-off of (?) High Hopes "just what makes that li'l old ant think he can move that rubber tree plant." I didn't like Will Hutchins "voice" singing along with Elvis in "Who Needs Money." I liked the story line, I liked the way the Dad was flabbergasted when people kept telling him what a cigar smoking, liquored up playboy his son was. He kept saying "Not my boy!" I loved the song "House That has Everything." And of course, hearing Red West actually speak - that was a first for me!

Saw this movie for the first time this past week and I've got to say that I really enjoyed it! It honestly wasn't too bad and I liked the idea of him switching places with the ski instructer.

Very cool.

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

very good movie

Re: Clambake (1967)

I like this song from the movie.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pen33QM79o"]YouTube - Elvis - Who Needs Money?[/ame]
    Sincerely,
    Mr.TCB

Re: Clambake (1967)

Pretty poor movie and a pretty poor soundtrack.
    No wonder Elvis tried to delay its production