Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Getting Desperate

I'm Getting Desperate

I've been looking for 30 plus years of pictures or video of the following shows. Can you help me? Do you have any? Do you know someone who does?

8/18/72
    8/15/73
    8/26/76
    12/12/76

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    12-12-1976 Las Vegas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vegas_2012_76_202.jpg   vegas12762aaul1.jpg   1976closingshowmi7.jpg  

"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    I've been looking for 30 plus years of pictures or video of the following shows. Can you help me? Do you have any? Do you know someone who does?

12/12/76
    Is this the infamous Summit??

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Is this the infamous Summit??
    No, the infamous Summit was 8/26/76 - oops, 8/28/76 I think! My memory is fading me girlfriend!! Oh well, at least it wasn't the first thing to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by BradM View Post
    12-12-1976 Las Vegas.
    Thanks Brad for these!! Did you take these? Do you know of anyone who has "Can't Help Falling In Love" on video from this show?

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

8/18/72
    8/15/73
    8/26/76
    12/12/76
    Unfortunately, 2 of the dates you are looking for pictures from (8/18/72 & 8/15/73) are Las Vegas shows and because of strict no photography rules at the International/Hilton Hotel, it is often hard to get photos from Elvis' Las Vegas engagements!

One of the dates listed (8/26/76), Elvis wasn't on tour on that day. Elvis' tour started on 8/27/76....perhaps you made a typo?

Sorry I couldn't be more help....hopefully someone else here has some more information or maybe has some photos!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

No I didn't take these.

But I do know of the import 2 cdset called "Farewell To Vegas" that has the last las vegas concert from the 12th on it..and disc two has the December 1975 Las Vegas performance on it. Will have to check and see about any footage existing from the show.

Here is a photo from August 28th 1976 Houston gig..a horrible show "supposedly" yet no audio or video has ever surfaced from the show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s76082801.jpg  
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Unfortunately, 2 of the dates you are looking for pictures from (8/18/72 & 8/15/73) are Las Vegas shows and because of strict no photography rules at the International/Hilton Hotel, it is often hard to get photos from Elvis' Las Vegas engagements!

One of the dates listed (8/26/76), Elvis wasn't on tour on that day. Elvis' tour started on 8/27/76....perhaps you made a typo?

Sorry I couldn't be more help....hopefully someone else here has some more information or maybe has some photos!

TCB!
    Mike
    Yeah, I realized later it was 8/28/76 -it was the famous Houston show that apparently went down as the worst show Elvis ever did.

The reason I'm looking for these pix and/or videos is these were dates when I either kissed Elvis and got a scarf or both - still hoping to see a picture or video someday!! Really thought when the internet came out I would be able to find it - but here I am 31 years after he died and still looking!!!

That's the same photo I had of the 8/28/76 show too, Brad!

TCB!
    Mike

No I didn't take these.

But I do know of the import 2 cdset called "Farewell To Vegas" that has the last las vegas concert from the 12th on it..and disc two has the December 1975 Las Vegas performance on it. Will have to check and see about any footage existing from the show.

Here is a photo from August 28th 1976 Houston gig..a horrible show "supposedly" yet no audio or video has ever surfaced from the show.
    Don't you find that strange that a show in a city as big as Houston - there has never been any pictures or videos from that show? I was there - it was bad! I heard JD Sumner say one time that the Houston show was the worst show he ever did.

Yeah, I realized later it was 8/28/76 -it was the famous Houston show that apparently went down as the worst show Elvis ever did.

The reason I'm looking for these pix and/or videos is these were dates when I either kissed Elvis and got a scarf or both - still hoping to see a picture or video someday!! Really thought when the internet came out I would be able to find it - but here I am 31 years after he died and still looking!!!
    No problem...I figured it was just a typo!!

That is interesting...I hadn't heard that particular Houston '76 show was his worst ever....I have always thought that the Baltimore 5/29/77 (where he left the stage for over 20 minutes) was considered to be his worst performance ever?

TCB!
    Mike

That's the same photo I had of the 8/28/76 show too, Brad!

TCB!
    Mike
    So far that is the only photo I've ever seen from the show.

Mike, I know your a big fan like me of '70's later performances and so on.. Do you really believe this show was as bad as its been said. I mean, remember for years how they said September 27th 1974 College Park show was so horrible etc and then Straight Arrow Releases Chaos IN College Park and it wasn't nearly as bad as we had been lead to believe over the years.

So i'm not going to say This 8-28-1976 Houston gig was so horrible etc until we get audio evidence. Who knows, just like College park, it may just have been a myth...

That is interesting...I hadn't heard that particular Houston '76 show was his worst ever....I have always thought that the Baltimore 5/29/77 (where he left the stage for over 20 minutes) was considered to be his worst performance ever?

TCB!
    Mike
    But when he came back onstage, he was on fire if you ask me,..even doing a little bit of The Wonder Of You..

Don't you find that strange that a show in a city as big as Houston - there has never been any pictures or videos from that show? I was there - it was bad! I heard JD Sumner say one time that the Houston show was the worst show he ever did.
    That is such a shame...

You always hear the stories about how "bad" a show was, but all the times I have heard those stories, it was always second-hand information. I've never actually talked to someone who was at one of those "bad' performances!! And if J.D. Sumner said it was a bad show, it must have been!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB!
    Mike
    • September 27th/28th College Park
    • October 5th 1974 Matinee show Indianapolis
    • June 6th 1976 Atlanta
    • Agust 1st 1976 Hamptons Va
    • May 29th 1977 Baltimore, Maryland
    • June 19th 1977 Omaha

These are shows that are commonly used as the worst of his performances to fans...and in all honesty, the shows were ok imo all expcept the Oct.th 1974 matinee show the sound is too bad on the cd to really judge the show itself though.

So far that is the only photo I've ever seen from the show.

Mike, I know your a big fan like me of '70's later performances and so on.. Do you really believe this show was as bad as its been said. I mean, remember for years how they said September 27th 1974 College Park show was so horrible etc and then Straight Arrow Releases Chaos IN College Park and it wasn't nearly as bad as we had been lead to believe over the years.

So i'm not going to say This 8-28-1976 Houston gig was so horrible etc until we get audio evidence. Who knows, just like College park, it may just have been a myth...
    I'm not sure....is there an audio recording of this Houston '76 show?? I don't believe I've ever seen one...

That College Park show is definitely a bad one too....it's a toss-up for me between College Park and Baltimore. I know when he came back on stage in Baltimore, he seemed a little better, but still....that's a bad sign when the star has to leave the stage for over 20 minutes!!!

TCB!
    Mike

That is such a shame...

You always hear the stories about how "bad" a show was, but all the times I have heard those stories, it was always second-hand information. I've never actually talked to someone who was at one of those "bad' performances!! And if J.D. Sumner said it was a bad show, it must have been!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Trust me - it was bad and I saw him quite a few times! My older brother had never seen him so my mom talked him and his wife into going. My mom was embarrassed - it was really pretty sad!!! His words were slurred, he moved slow, he just wasn't himself. JD said later that what happened was he was in San Antonio the night before. The show in Houston was thought to be an evening show - he took his meds and then they realized it was an afternoon show and they could hardly get him awake to do it???? Of course, after the show I was on the radio station defending him but after 8/77 - I had to deal with the fact I was in denial. However, in Vegas in 12-76 totally different Elvis!!

I'm not sure....is there an audio recording of this Houston '76 show?? I don't believe I've ever seen one...

That College Park show is definitely a bad one too....it's a toss-up for me between College Park and Baltimore. I know when he came back on stage in Baltimore, he seemed a little better, but still....that's a bad sign when the star has to leave the stage for over 20 minutes!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    No, no audio exist from the Houston show. Your right, that is definitley a sign that something is terribly wrong. I recall reading where Elvis returned to the stage and had the Microphone down and John Wilkison heard Elvis say.."you know, sometimes if just f****** hurts"...He was obviously in very bad condition. John also said when Elvis would walk around the stage and make sudden movements his face would look like he was in pain just moving around.

I've never heard an audio of the Houston show. And, have seen only a couple of pictures.

• September 27th/28th College Park
    • October 5th 1974 Matinee show Indianapolis
    • June 6th 1976 Atlanta
    • Agust 1st 1976 Hamptons Va
    • May 29th 1977 Baltimore, Maryland
    • June 19th 1977 Omaha

These are shows that are commonly used as the worst of his performances to fans...and in all honesty, the shows were ok imo all expcept the Oct.th 1974 matinee show the sound is too bad on the cd to really judge the show itself though.
    Well, maybe a "bad show" is in the ears of the listener....I don't think that the show in Hampton Roads. on 8/1/76 is that bad of a show...he even does a bit of RETURN TO SENDER by request!!

I think the reputation of the OMAHA '77 show is more soiled because of the video being out there. If there was no video, and we had to go by just the audio of this show, I don't think it would be thought of as badly as others. Just my opinion though...

TCB!
    Mike

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast