Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Happened at the World's Fair

Coming On Strong
    I am dying to see this movie. I thought that I heard a while back that it was supposed to come out on DVD this year, but I haven't heard anything more about it. Does anyone have this movie? If so, would you be willing to make me a copy? I would be more than happy to pay for it. I've seen it on Ebay, but they want $30 plus shipping, and that seems a little outrageous to me.

Lisa :wink:

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    If it doesn't look like it will come out any time soon, I can go and have my VHS transferred to DVD (not VCD).
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I am dying to see this movie

I've seen it on Ebay, but they want $30 plus shipping, and that seems a little outrageous to me.
    It will be re-released in the coming months on DVD. It isn't always clear that purchasers of this item are aware of this very important fact.

This is why others are literally trying to "cash-in" while they still can.

Whenever there is an opportunity to prey on fellow fans / collectors, ........ enterprising greedsters will be huddling all around. Have seen and know of this VHS (and others before their re-release) being sold in the neighborhood of $100 USD (plus, in some cases). I think this kind of behavior simply stinks.

You have the right take on it, Lisa. Get a copy now (at copy prices) and hold off until you can buy the re-release.

- Capt. "EL."

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    As soon as I heard that a re-release of the Aloha and Alternate Aloha were confirmed by EPE, I sold my DVD's. At least now I got a reasonable price for it. The downsite is that I haven't been able to watch those DVD's for over a year

So I can understand some sellers. But I also have the feeling that most sellers of Elvis products (on -for example- Ebay) aren't Elvisfans, but people trying to make some (big) bucks on the account of the loyal Elvisfans. That's one reason not to buy anything that's been labeled as 'collectors item' right from the moment it's been released (like the re-release of E1).
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Coming On Strong
    Thanks everyone for the information. I hate that I'm missing out on seeing something, lol. Such a female!!!!!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Isn't this the movie with little Curt Russell? Where he kicked Elvis in the heels? And that little Chinese girl? If so, then it have been quiiiiite some time ago that I have seen this one. A great Elvis movie
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Coming On Strong
    Yes Albert, that's it!!! I have never seen this and it is killing me!!! It looks like a great movie, I wonder why they don't play it on television more?

Lisa

Cadillac King
    Lisa, it is a good Sunday afternoon movie, Elvis' clothes are great and of course he just fills them out nicely.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Can you Guy's in the good old USA play PAL DVD's on your PC's?

Do you have cable or dish or direct tv or anything like that? I have Dish and it aired today on TCM @ 3:00 PM. They advertised that it would be on last week on Thursday when the showed "Speedway". I taped both--you'll love IHATWF if you get to see it (I do). But I can't be a great judge because I love all his movies--atleast the ones I've seen so far (all but about 5)

- Stacy-J
    We had the chance to fall
    But fate stepped in to end it all
    Before it could begin

"World's Fair" is worth seeing on a couple levels. First is that the production values are solid with much location shooting. Very cool to see Elvis in actual World's Fair locations. The scenes with Kurt Russell are a scream especially the second scene where Elvis does a great scowl and raises his fist to the kid. Plus it has "One Broken Heart for Sale" and "They Remind Me Too Much of You". The latter song is both used well and wasted as it plays in Elvis' mind as he rides a monorail. The only thing is he met the girl two minutes ago so it lacks zip. I also like "Happy Ending".

Author Susan Doll has pointed out that Elvis' character in this movie is kind of prototype for the sensitive male. So, it's worth checking out in that regard.

In many ways, it's Elvis' most family oriented work. The relationship with the chinese girl, the presence of Russell and the location shooting make this the closest Elvis ever came to making a Disney movie.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Fantastic insights as always, LTB! Nice to have you here. 8)
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Yeah, I'am really looking forward to this one now

Cadillac King
    This was my first E movie . ..and the reason I am sitting here typing out messages to familiar strangers when I could be listening to music or(without distractions) or watching a movie !!!!! 8)

"Speedway " was on Last night on TCM and will be on again on the 31st..... Incidently does anyone here know if "Charro" is due on TCM anytime soon ? I misssed taping it last december

jb

Coming On Strong
    I was finally able to see this movie recently thanks to Dan!!! I loved this movie, and I agree that it was very much like a Disney movie. Plus Elvis looked GREAT!!!

Thanks again, Dan!!

If never I met you
    I'd never have seen you cry
    If not for our first "Hello"
    We'd never have to say goodbye...

"Speedway " was on Last night on TCM and will be on again on the 31st..... Incidently does anyone here know if "Charro" is due on TCM anytime soon ? I misssed taping it last december  

jb
    Do they own Charro? I can't find it in their listing? That would be super if they have. Then I need only Tickle Me.

I was finally able to see this movie recently thanks to Dan!!!  I loved this movie, and I agree that it was very much like a Disney movie.  Plus Elvis looked GREAT!!!

Thanks again, Dan!!

Lisa  :wink:
    Hey,Lisa,

Your welcome!!!

Cadillac King
    PS Annie Wrote
    Do they own Charro? I can't find it in their listing? That would be super if they have. Then I need only Tickle Me.
    Well they have certainly have shown it a couple of times.Last year for sure, but I skipped taping it as I thought a DVD would be released sooner or later, esp as the poor quality (Danish ?) one was released. :shock:

Incidently, I have a few original and taped off TV, tapes (including Tickle Me) PAL/VHS for sale/exchange or ..or dare I do it ...to give away free to a fan who genuinely cannot afford them. Be warned that many of the tapes have not been viewed/handled for years so just may not work properly.

Ask Me.

jb

I love the part when he goes to see the nurse - very funny! It's a good movie but little known by anyone who isn't a fan.

It's interesting that the little lad who kicks Elvis played the part of him years later, Kirk Russell.
    Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

That was Kurt Russell...

Not only did he portray Elvis in the TV film, Elvis The Movie, he also dressed up as Elvis in 3000 Miles To Graceland...
    The ending of this movie has Kurt dancing to Such A Night!

Sonny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast