Thread: elvis picture collection

Cool elvis picture collection

hi guys,
    I just wanted you guys to know what im up to at the moment with all my picture collection.I have been sorting,scanning and making back up copies of all my picture collection.I started with the inside jailhouse rock book then onto inside king creole and all ready i have 150 pictures on cd .I have nearly all the concert book apart from a few (enter the dragon and a couple of others ).I am starting of with the movies firstly as it is hard to obtain quality scans on the net and i want to build my own little picture nest .Nextly i will move on to my 70's stage collection,by the end ,if possible,of scanning each picture and burning to disc i predict to have over two-three thousand pictures on back-up disc, .
    Isnt it such a great feeling searching your elvis books and finding a real beauty of a picture,or is that just me .Any how i got to get back to those books,hope i havent bored anyone to death by reading this its just im so excited at just how big my picture collection is i wanted to tell another elvis fan.It would also be nice if you could reply with books you own and maybe talk about your faviourte,speak to you soon friends .

E.L.V.I.S,
    Sounds like your having a lot of fun And yes finding a real beauty of an Elvis picture is always exciting Good luck with your collection. two-three thousand pictures is quite a collection. Have fun and let us know how everything turns out
    JCB

Thumbs up

E.L.V.I.S,
    Sounds like your having a lot of fun And yes finding a real beauty of an Elvis picture is always exciting Good luck with your collection. two-three thousand pictures is quite a collection. Have fun and let us know how everything turns out
    JCB
    thanks mate,yep its coming along nice.I have started putting each suit into its own folder but have tons of scanning to do,.Firstly before that i have tro get back to the movie pictures but i gurantee i'll do it .Thanks for the intrest elvis42,do you have any picture books in your collection? if so which ones? ,be great to know which one you thinks the best

Roustabouts
    Hi E.L.V.I.S,

you started a project, that I'd like to do for years.

But I'm a little afraid, if I make scans from a book, that the book will be damaged after this. Some books a hard to handle.

I have the book "Enter the Dragon". Tell me how do made your scand (dpi and so) and if I have a little bit time, I'll scan the book and we can make a deal.

Cool

i usually scan them at 200 dpi to 250 dpi and if i really like the picture sometimes more.I suggest everyone with books make back up copies on a disc as then you are assured to have perfect copies when ever you want

To scan my book i always remove the protection cover that can get damaged easily while scanning so be sure to remove it.Then if using a hard back book i will get a table or box the same height as my scanner and place it next to the scanner.Then simply place the book over the box and scanner,easy

I got to get that 'enter the dragon' book,its my faviourte suit .I have around 600 pictures on back up now,but theres tons more to go

E.L.V.I.S, can you help me with elvis pics ? i ve been looking for Elvis picture concert in houston ? i think it was in 1970s. second , can you attach me pics where elvis driving his 3 wheels motorbike ? i will really appreciate your help .

PS: you have any pics of elvis on his STUTZ ? getting keys or driving around on it, and oh gee ...what a request..maybe pics with him with Sheila Ryan..thanks

i think i have about 20 of each of your requests .When i come across them in the books i will post them

thats sound good thank you so much

Talking

theodormcm25 i will send you those pictures if you give me your email address via email

I just finished scanning about 5 picture books.I have in total so far:

59 red ladder suit pictures
    65 bear claw suit pictures
    45 concha suit pictures
    89 sundial suit pictures
    65 red lion suit pictures
    40 flame suit pictures

and i've got tons to go

BTW friends,if any one is intrested in selling any picture book i will be more then happy to talk,if you have send me an email to: aftermath811@aol.com

thanks e.l.v.i.s, i sent you email already, and youre so d**n lucky to have so much elvis pictures collections .

Unhappy

dont think i have your email ,just send me another with the pictures your after and i'll see what i have ...I am lucky to have a big photo collection,but its thanks to the many wonderful photographers for making such wonderful books and also my dad for buying them

well my email is : dessy_mcmahon@yahoo.com
    mmm i will try to email you again later thanks so much, by the way dont be surprise if you surf over the elvis jumpsuits you will find many of elvis jumpsuits named after 'herringbone'

Backstage Pass
    sounds fantastic. you truly know how to enjoy or man elvis. kep up the good work. have a rockin good time, mike

Thumbs up

thanks mike,i gotta admit its a blast .Searching and finding beautiful pictures is such a great thing .I suggest anyone with a decent picture collection makes back up copies on cdr and knowing you have that little bit of elvis preserved,thanks again mike.I really thought when posting about what im doing people would blast me down saying 'like we care' im just so excited with what im doing that i wanted to let you ,my friends know .

E.L.V.I.S,
    Hey Unfortunately I don't have any picture books at the moment. My small Elvis collection consists of what I have gathered on the net, some magazines or what others have been kind enough to send me. I wish I had started collection pictures along time ago, but unfortunately it didn't happen that way, so I am working on a collection now...I noticed that you stated you scanned some redlion pictures, any chance you could send me some? Those are some of the jumpsuits I am looking to collect for my Fantasy Boxset for my Elvis On Tour alt covers....Here is the jumpsuits I am looking for really good quality scans of...
    1. Blue Nail Jumpsuit
    2. Burning Love "Red" Jumpsuit
    3. Owl Jumpsuit
    4. White Fireworks Jumpsuit
    5. Philadelphia Spectrum Jumpsuit
    6. White Pyramid Jumpsuit
    7. Redlion Jumpsuit
    Any help would be greatly appreciated..I posted the covers for the boxset that I am working on....not to long ago so I could get comments, but haven't heard anything...my email is jaimes_dad@yahoo.com
    Thanks Again and have fun with your collection
    JCB