PDA

View Full Version : The Hair Of Elvis Presley - Help needed.

Wild_In_The_Country
12-14-2006, 11:40 PM
This might seem a strange topic,

I have some questions about Elvis' hair i would like some help with, so if you know the answer to any, i would be most grateful if you post a reply.

- What type of hair did Elvis have??, ie, thing, thick etc?
- What type of Black did Elvis dye his hair?
-What was Elvis' hair length in through the different "Eras" on the side and on top?
- How often did Elvis get his hair cut?
-What "products" did Elvis use on his hair?

I am compiling an article on the Kings hair for a magazine, and would like to get my facts right.
I will post the article up here once I have completed it.

Many thanks in advance,

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to all :king: :newyear:

Wendy56
12-16-2006, 08:47 AM
"Black jet" was the color Elvis started to use in 1956 to dye his marvelous and sexy hair. Hope this fact helps.

riley
12-16-2006, 09:57 AM
He used clairol has colour.

Don't know it still exists.

Diane
12-16-2006, 02:33 PM
According to Larry Geller in his first book Elvis' hair was fine and a bit hard to control but he had a lot of it. I've forgotten what else he said about it but if you have the book I think called If I can Dream (it's been awhile) Larry talks about his hair a lot and what products he used in it.

MISSCLAWDY
12-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Larry said he used CLairol at first and then L'oreal Blue/black , and he said he had thin hair , like a baby , but not weak , he had beautiful hair and a lot of it as well ;)

Elvis_Lady_1984
12-16-2006, 05:08 PM
In the early days he used palmanade...or grease. as they called it to style his hair. this gave it that dark look. he liked it so well he started dying it black.

Unchained Melody
12-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Just a little additional info...Up until about 1976 Elvis always died his eyebrows along with his hair...he quiet doing that towards the end of his life though...in some pictures it makes Elvis look sick, but it was jut that his eyebrows weren't dyed.

ruggishboo
12-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Was the reason he stopped dyeing his eyebrows related to glaucoma; the dye mixing with sweat and getting in his eyes? You're right, he did look more unhealthy during 76 and 77 without the darker eyebrows.

Unchained Melody
12-16-2006, 06:27 PM
His eye problems was because of that yes...

vulcandude
12-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Strange topic indeed. What's next......his nose hairs?

riley
12-16-2006, 08:06 PM
I think it is a good topic.

Lots of man want to do their hair like Elvis and lotsof women want their partner to do his hair like Elvis too:P

So every tip can be useful.(y)

Wild_In_The_Country
12-16-2006, 08:15 PM
not really, elvis' hair was a big part of his image,
when he was growing up all his class mates had crew cuts etc,
elvis broke the trend, not only with his music buy his look,