PDA

View Full Version : How much does Elvis affect or influence your life

riley
12-02-2006, 08:46 AM
When I was looking at some pics this early morning, I began wondering if I could live my life without Elvis in it.

I must admit I cannot.

Am I an addict or a bit crazy:lmfao: I don't know.

I have to admit he is never out of my toughts and when I have some freetime it is mostly centered around him. Whether it is forum visits or working on my slideshow or discussing his life on chats or reading books, watching DVD and listening volume up to his music.

I even wonder if we "elvisfans" are good wifes (or husbands).:hmm:

Does our partner never feels fed up with our never ending "elvis lovestory".
Do they never want to scream when a film is watched for the I do not know how many time...:)

You know to be honnest I never asked my husband...
Perhaps I'm a bit afraid of his answer:blush:

Would like to know all your views;)

Riley

ForeverTheKing
12-02-2006, 09:11 AM
How I understand you, Riley!!!:blush:

I don't have the problem of a husband now but I wouldn't like to be in his shoes in the future! :lmfao: Poor him... :P

My life wouldn't be the same without Elvis....I could hardly imagine it without seeing him or listening his music....it would be dark and empty (y)
Elvis is always present everyday and I like it ....he gives me strengh, joy....he can cheer me up when I'm sad and take company when I feel lonely :'(
He will always be a part of my life and I'm so happy to have "met" him...we must be proud to love such a beautiful person and great singer. (y)
He's dead but he's always with us.....I think we, Elvis fans, are THE BEST :clap: :clap:

riley
12-02-2006, 09:28 AM
I agree here, Ale.

Imagine our life without him, the world would definately be empty and a lot more boring.

Riley

MISSCLAWDY
12-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Ican't think of my life without Elvis either; I need to listen to his music daily, I need to look at his pics( not daily, but nearly..!!), and I think of him every single day. He gives me a great boost of energy , he makes me feel "fine"..I don't know how to explain, but without him my life will certainly miss something...
I always feel I want to know more about him, that's why I buy books about his life;
Luckily my boyfriend, even if not a fan , completely understands me and he usually buy me Elvis stuff when he sees something interesting!!!(y)

riley
12-03-2006, 01:21 PM
That is nice Missclawdy.

Then you have a good boyfriend;)

Me too I cannot live with him and to be honnest I simply "know" that I spend too much time at my computer , always because of Elvis.:blush:

I just can't help it.

Until now my husband who is not a fan either (how is it possible:doh: :doh: ) has been also a very patient man.

Riley

prinsess
12-03-2006, 02:10 PM
i am a fan now for 2 years and my husband just don't understand it
he offered me a psychiatrist and he was seriosly about it too! (n)

he just feels treated by a man who is about 30 years gone now
so now days i am looking at all my favorite site's when he is gone

once in a while i buy something or look at the t.v something about elvis
and he always has commends:angry:

but he will not stop me of beining a fan:P
once a fan alway's a fan!!
live with it or leave it!!

:king: ELVIS FOREVER :king:

riley
12-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Princess,

Your post made me laugh a bit... He offered you to go to a shrink:supriced:

Why because you like Elvis Presley?

Then millions of people have to go to a doctor I guess.

I'm not certain but can it be that your husband is just jealous??

You have to ask him if he thinks Elvis was the best looking man ever lived this earth and see what is the answer. It will reveal a lot.

I did it and my husband said he was indeed the best looking guy he ever saw.:P

Riley

jak
12-03-2006, 05:44 PM
I met my wife when I joined her fan club years ago.She was the president.I guess I have Elvis to thank for that or blame for.Depends on how I feel at the time:D

loveelvis3456
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
i started liking elvis when my mom showed who he was and now im an elvis fannatic:lol: he is the coolest person ever:!: :!:

he was the bset thing to happend and he will always will be.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

loveelvis3456:sun:

:king:

elvisdownunder
12-04-2006, 04:45 AM
If i had never heard Elvis's fantastic voice, seen his fantastic pictures and performances, at the time i wanted to be a singer before he influenced me, i would just be another pop singer

Elvis taught me how to be a good performer and to become an artist rather than a singer. I picked up the guitar because of Elvis doing 'Baby what you want me to do' in the 68 comeback special. Without him , i never would've done all this. I have a great music career thats just started. In my town locally, i ahve had a lot of sucess. But it would not have been even half the result its been without him

Elvis was and is the greatest artist and performer of ALL TIME. There will never be another like him. There will be contenders, but there is always gonna be the King. And i feel sorry for those who have taken the impersonators as the image that Elvis was, because they will never discover the greatness of him. Their loss.......... :D

riley
12-04-2006, 06:55 AM
I love all your responds and for Jak, it's nice to have a partner who is a elvis fan too. I would love to see a dvd together with my husband or discuss his life but we "rarely" do.

Riley

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I love all your responds and for Jak, it's nice to have a partner who is a elvis fan too. I would love to see a dvd together with my husband or discuss his life but we "rarely" do.

Riley

My wife is a Beatles fan :supriced: so you can see how the conversation goes there :lmfao:

riley
12-04-2006, 07:56 AM
:lol: :lol:

riley
12-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Elvisdownunder,

Nice(y)

Elvis was and is the greatest artist and performer of ALL TIME. There will never be another like him. There will be contenders, but there is always gonna be the King.

prinsess
12-04-2006, 10:23 AM
you are just right riley
my husband is just jealous
but hee it won't stop me beeing a elvis fan!

jak
12-04-2006, 02:44 PM

Riley

I tease me wife and tell her I just married her for her Elvis collection.
Jak

riley
12-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Jak and Princess,

I like your reactions very much;)

MISSCLAWDY
12-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Prinsess, your husband suggests to go to a shrink...so all of us should go, we're all affected with the same pathology..!!!!:lmfao: I think he's just jealous of a man who's certainly the best good loooking man ever walked the earth! And jealous you steal time from him because of Elvis.
My boyfriend's not a fan, but we sometimes watch some dvd together and he asks me many questions about Elvis , I guess because he's interested in what I'm interested to ( as I am in things he likes) , and we usually listen to Elvis' music! He got used to it!(y) I hope I'll succeed in going to Graceland WITH him!

Diane
12-04-2006, 07:03 PM
I have to say I've been lucky. My husband is quite understanding about my love for Elvis. He knows it's been like losing a dear close friend or relative - the way Elvis made most of us feel about him and that with his exceptional voice, charisma and beauty which is what has always separated him from the rest of the top artists. Also, we pratically grew up with him.

I don't listen to him every day but I turn to him when I feel this world is taking part of me away, I put on his music and I remember who I am. Hard to explain but that's what he does and always did for me.

Dudcowboy_1
12-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I can sum it up in few words I think...Without Mr. Elvis A. Presley not being in are lives is like the sun in the sky or the moon. Its impossible to even think what it would be like with-out him in my life.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

marijaep
12-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Well... FIRST:very nice thread and question i must say:D
Im 14 and never had a husband or a boyfriend,but i really dont think that he will mind if i like ELVIS or not:D Sure i cant tell nothing now becouse i dont have one NOW:lol:
Since i have first seen Elvis on TV,it was the late spring this year,I think of him everyday:D.....sometimes i feel that im a little crazy and my friends think that way too,becouse some of them HATE Elvis....:'(
I really dont understand people that hate him....and i think that they ARE crazy or i dont know WHAT ELSE-(my friends call me a FREAK,sometimes).
Its nice to have someone to talk to about Elvis and i often like to do that with my friends but they dont want to listen....so i seached the net and i found TCB, and THIS site is GREAT:D Its fun and all the people are SO nice and kind,I feel like a part of some kind of family HERE:D(y) (y) (y)
So Elvis motivates me in school,he gives me strenght and energy,and everytime I hear him laughs i laugh too(i must say this):lmfao: :lmfao:
So I dont think that is CRAZY to like some singer and actor,whatever it is or not Elvis...In my opinion thats great becouse you have at least one reason to stay happy in a BAD day...well i feel and think like that...:blush: :blush:
There is nothing wrong to like some celebrity and i think that there is no need of shrink and other type of help becouse that is not unnormal,for me its a great feeling
Well I must say that sometimes i feel like a odd-one out in my school but i usualy get over it fast;)

*Marija*

ForeverTheKing
12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Well... FIRST:very nice thread and question i must say:D
Im 14 and never had a husband or a boyfriend,but i really dont think that he will mind if i like ELVIS or not:D Sure i cant tell nothing now becouse i dont have one NOW:lol:
Since i have first seen Elvis on TV,it was the late spring this year,I think of him everyday:D.....sometimes i feel that im a little crazy and my friends think that way too,becouse some of them HATE Elvis....:'(
I really dont understand people that hate him....and i think that they ARE crazy or i dont know WHAT ELSE-(my friends call me a FREAK,sometimes).
Its nice to have someone to talk to about Elvis and i often like to do that with my friends but they dont want to listen....so i seached the net and i found TCB, and THIS site is GREAT:D Its fun and all the people are SO nice and kind,I feel like a part of some kind of family HERE:D(y) (y) (y)
So Elvis motivates me in school,he gives me strenght and energy,and everytime I hear him laughs i laugh too(i must say this):lmfao: :lmfao:
So I dont think that is CRAZY to like some singer and actor,whatever it is or not Elvis...In my opinion thats great becouse you have at least one reason to stay happy in a BAD day...well i feel and think like that...:blush: :blush:
There is nothing wrong to like some celebrity and i think that there is no need of shrink and other type of help becouse that is not unnormal,for me its a great feeling
Well I must say that sometimes i feel like a odd-one out in my school but i usualy get over it fast;)

*Marija*

I understand you and what you've said it's right!(y)
Nothing wrong to have a passion...moreover if it's for Elvis.
I can't speak about him with my friends but I've found many new friends here at TCBWORLD and in other forums. I'm glad to know I'm not alone and it's marvellous to share my feelings with other fans.
So welcome here Marija!! :clap:

riley
12-05-2006, 02:58 PM
So true. Their is such a special bond between Elvisfans.
Most of the time we are all one bunch of friends and so many nice people who are willing to share pictures, music etc with each other.

I don't know about other artists fans but I must say

We, Elvis fans are the best.(y) (y)

I've met so many good, funny and neat people in real life and on forums too.

Thank you all, Thank you Elvis:notworthy :notworthy

Riley

Diane
12-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Amen Riley, and thank you too. Diane

marijaep
12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Thank you Riley...i really like this thread,such a good question:D
I gave my opinion:D
and yes there is a special bond between Elvis fans and im so happy about it:D
We can share everything about the King thanks To TCB:D:D:D
WE should be HAPPY that we are Elvis fans......well thats my opinion,opinion from a 14 year old girl:D:D:D haha
anyway thank you again:D

*Marija*

Wendy56
12-16-2006, 08:03 AM
I had a problem with my boyfriend once. We even broke up for that. He said Elvis was "just an entertainer", "a singer". And it was too much to carry on. It truly offended me.

Elvis is a light in my life. He's the one I tell first every thing that happens with this little girl. Couldn't live without him... I simply couldn't. Love him deeply.

Unchained Melody
12-16-2006, 04:17 PM
I would say Elvis affects my life quiet abit...i spend most of my time either on Elvis Forums, listening to his music, and watching movies with or about Elvis !(y)

Suzan
01-28-2007, 10:20 AM
If your a fan you don't have to explain, if your not there is no explanation. :)
Riley, how old are u? I ask because I think we're around the same age, however, ur profile shows ur born in 1966 which would make u 39 not 40. :)
Is there spell check on here?????? :D

Lisarose
02-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh, I listen to Elvis every day! My husband is fine with it. I share little Elvis facts with him in relation to things that happen to us. I also share facts with my children. Daughter is not a big fan, but certainly an admirer. Middle son doesn't like Elvis at all - he's in that :angry: must-be-disagreeable-about- everything stage. Youngest son is starting to be a big fan of Elvis. In fact as we drove home last night from a Superbowl party he says to me "MoM,I feel like I need to hear an Elvis song - sing one to me!" He's 13. He's also the only one who will sit & watch an Elvis movie with me.
Elvis has become very important to me recently. My collection of his music has grown. I don't collect photos, I do have a few picture books & 2 biographies. I would like to get the Elvis at 21 book. Those pictures are magnificent, IMO

memphis 77
02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
great post and thread riley, i sure understand what you have it's called THE ELVIS BUG , and it's uncureable, it just gets better as the day, weeks, months and years go by. i'm sure you have visited ELVIS WORLD more times than you can remember-this is where you get imersed in all things ELVIS, photos, music, dvd's, pen pals, etc. I sure can't start a day without the man, or end it, some will call you crazy, weird, demand that you go get professional help[to which i did and my therapist turned out to be a fan as well], the best is to except that you LOVE ELVIS PRESLEY and his music, and you are going to have many hours , years of bliss to come, and GOD forbid you ever shake it, you'll be wanting back in , in no time, so let me be the first of many to welcome you to the grandest place here on earth where friends abound , and only very good things are comming your way, so don't fret just sit back and enjoy the ride, and again welcome, to ELVIS WORLD.

desiree
02-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I had the same situation with my ex. Although we had broken up he kept saying me I should get help soon. He couldn?t believe that from all the people on earth it?d me who?d become an Elvis - fan.
Well, it sure did surprise me as well:lmfao:
I think it?s just a little too ironic as he?s kinda fan too. I guess he still thinks I?m out of my mind. Maybe he?s right, but I think it?s a good thing.
I couldn?t imagine my life without Elvis and I?m not ashamed of it at all!:P

poormansgold
02-05-2007, 10:57 PM
My Wife don't really understand my ties with Elvis in my life and her's, I came a Elvis Fan over 30 years ago, because I was going thru Hard time, I found out I got Epilepsy that time, I was drawing my self from out side world. I see my world falling to part, I had high goals went I got out of High School, go into Navy like my Dad and Brother did. that's came stop that year 1977, also that summer i went more down hill, I was having more hard time deal with my epilepsy and another's things I got.
So I went see my Aunt for few days get away from Home, my aunt had playing a Elvis in Person LP, In The Ghetto is playing, I listerning thru to Can't Help Falling In love, I ask my aunt can I play another Lp of Elvis It was "From Elvis In Memphis", I was blown away with that Lp. there and they
I know I was hook on Elvis for life .
went I met my wife she know i'm a big Elvis fan and she understand that time. now we are marry she lost understand who I'm, I don't know it's my fault or I'm falling down again, because my epilepsy got bad, I don't drive no more or it's rare I do, I lost my freedom.
I turn to Elvis for Help again, not my wife.:'( :hmm:

Tom

Elvis_Lady_1984
02-06-2007, 12:47 AM
I began liking elvis when i was 7 years old...ever since the first time i heard his voice i was hooked. I am 22 now and cannot imagine my life without something elvis in it. he has been an inspiration to me. my fiancee likes elvis too..which is good for our relationship...because my whole house is decked out in elvis....i am glad i found someone who can put up with my facination with the king....i love elvis!

Brandy

loveelvis3456
02-06-2007, 01:25 AM
:blush: he is also very very handsome:blush:

riley
02-06-2007, 08:02 AM
I often hear, either the wife or the man is "crazy" about Elvis.

Both is not always the case.

But if you and your partner are both crazy about him, you must be so lucky then.

Listening to his records together, seeing his movies and documentaries.
Discussing his life and sharing the same Elvis friends.

I can only dream about that.:P

Riley

jadedragon61
02-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Via the power invested in me by my Master's degree in psychology, I declare all members of TCB-World sane and functional.

By same said powers, I question the aesthetic judgement, and possibly even the basic sanity, of any and all persons of the general public expressing dislike of EP.

Should any such persons of the general public have the unmitigated gall to question, in any shape, form, or manner, the normality of TCB memebers, I shall have such persons committed to the nearest nut-house.

poormansgold
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I know, I Had been Judgement All My life because who I'm , how I look, now who I listening Too.
Be judgement, That's closer to death It self.
It's wried how one man been dead 30 years still have strong hold on us, for
me It's been part my life , I give up Alot for my wife, I stop smoking , I don't drink, I used too. that's because I have To of the medication i'm on, I rare drive because of epilepsy got bad, I having small ones,
I'm not give up my Cars and my love for Elvis Music.
Question for everyone
how much KIds Today know Elvis Is, or they care He is, I know That I got step daugther is 19 year old, She don't care Elvis is, I told her that without Elvis, our music be like it starting in to rock and roll in 50's, she look me at funny way, I say that you not have Rap music too or soundtracks,
She was in Music In school, they had play Part of An American Trilogy in Band.
Elvis have inpact on everyone on this World and few them didn't know it.

Tom

riley
02-06-2007, 04:08 PM
I think the kids who have parents listening and loving Elvis , they will appreciate him too.

My kids love his music, his looks, his films, his lifestory.(y)

poormansgold
02-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Yes You Right Are Riley
but I didn't have parents listerning To Elvis, We listerning To Easy Music Of early 60's, Floyd Cramer and boots R. Etc.
Tom

Fire-Eyes
02-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Lets see...Well, i became an Elvis fan at the age of 9, soon i'll be 23 and i still am an Elvis fan. My parents always thought that this "passion" would be over one day, when i "grow up". Cuz for them, and for most people who are not Elvis fans, it's impossible to understand the situation. How Elvis affects us (in a very sweeeeeet way), makes our days better, what he gives us, to our personalities, to our lives, etc..They can never understand how it feels to be an Elvis fan.

I do have someone special in my life for about 5 years; the man i love...I feel lucky having him in my life...and guess what, the day we met there was Elvis; he was playing on the raido and his pictures were hanging on the walls of his place. He is an Elvis fan too :king:

When i look back to all those years i've left behind, and think about the possibility of not having Elvis in my life, it actually scraes me to death. He gave me so much...Thanks to Elvis i became who i am now, thanks to Elvis i met such wonderfull people like you, thanks to Elvis i have a big, loving family in here at TCB, thanks to Elvis i always smile, thanks to Elvis i know i'm never gonna be lonely, thanks to Elvis my dreams come true...Thanks to Elvis i have something to hold on in life, even the world gets into world war III, falls to its peaces and i stand all alone in the middle of this mess he will be there. He will be in my heart, in my mind and in my soul, cuz his love is ENDLESS.

One last thing; I have no intention to grow up! :whistling:

:wub: :king: :wub:

Suzan
02-06-2007, 05:48 PM
My 5 & 4, & 2 yr. old nephews know who he is and love his music...@ age 2 the 5 yr. old was requesting I put him on the stereo. :D
We once went to a 50's theme diner and they had a life size Elvis in there and he ran up to it and hugged the leg and said "Elvis". :D
He was going thru my photo album once and came across my Graceland pics from 78 and asked me who's grave that was & I said "Elvis'"...he got this sad look on his face and said "auntie u mean he's dead?" and I said "yes baby" and he said "oh that makes me sad I wanted to meet him."
I think it's great that the next generation is learning about him and knows who he is...:)
I was 10 when Elvis died, fan since age 3, introduced to him by my parents...mostly my dad. I can't imagine my life w/o this great man in it.

elvisfan4life
03-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Oh my......... I can't even fathom what it would be like not to have Elvis Presley in my life. Because of my father's major love for Elvis it's impossible for me to even think of it.... whoa........ I never even thought of that - but a good question.

My husband, needless to say is not a fan of Elvis' but he is more or less amazed by Elvis and what made him so unique. He does love the movie Charro.... so that's a good thing.......

I love music - it's a part of my life ......... and after almost 16 years together, he knows that because I will always be a fanatic of Elvis, he accepts that. (y)

Now just in my personal life, here's how Elvis has affected my life:

*My father sang Loving You at my mother's funeral
*I have carried on the tradition of playing Merry, Merry Christmas Baby on *Christmas morning (like it was when I grew up at home)
*When I was married the first time, I had an Elvis song played
*So many Elvis songs remind me of time periods in my life
*My brother's name is Elvis

No idea how it would feel not to even have Elvis not in my life ~ now that would be scary..... but very good question - I never thought about it until now.

So thank you.......... I just realized why I love Elvis for so many more reasons...... (y) :)

riley
03-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I think Elvis is so much a part of our lives and we don't often think about him being not in our lives anymore.

My parents were no fans either and my husband is no fan either but I cannot imagine not being an Elvisfan.

I truly believe people miss so much not being an Elvisfan.
The friends I've made all over the world, the friendship and so many nice conversations with fellow fans, I wouldn't want to miss it at all.:D

There is a very special bond between Elvisfans and so many people share whatever they have to make us happy too.

I often see here so many beautiful pictures here that people share.(y)

Elvis was a unique human being, beautiful inside and outside and keeping his legacy alive is a true honor.

Riley

elvis himselvis
03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
My life without Elvis???I really can't imagine...
When i am back from school i always looking on internet for the latest Elvis news or just looking to photos and while that,listening to his music.
It's great to be an Elvis fan.And i will always be a fan

mislulu
03-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks to my husband I am an Elvis Fan. Huge one at that. Our daughter from the time she could understand knew who Elvis was and sang "Kentucky Rain" at the age of 3. To this day (12 years later) she loves Elvis, has posters of Elvis on her wall, has Elvis jewelry, bags, cards. The list could go on and one. Tickle me is her (and her daddy's) favorite movie. Even has an audiographed picture of Elvis on her nightstand. We go to Graceland as often as we can. It just where we want to be.

Elvis_Priestly
03-15-2007, 11:11 PM
So weird this thread was renewed today! This afternoon I was driving to a meeting grateful for the traffic jams as I had Burning in Birmingham on my car stereo - awesome! (Sorry all whose afternoon was interupted by a crazy priest driving past blasting Polk Salad at y'all!)
Anyways I was thinking about the indian feather suit and the inca gold suit n what suit he wore when, n what he sang and the funny lil things he said and for a split second I thought "OMG! I've turned into an 'Elvis trekkie!'"
At the moment I'm in one of those real deep fandom moments of life, I wanna see, hear n know everything about Elvis, planing a trip to Graceland etc. and yeah worrying "am I mad!?" so its so wonderful to hear all the responses here!
Elvis has been a huge focus of my life for almost twenty years now. When I need cheering up I listen to AYLT laughing version, when I need to cry I listen to Memories and when I've got a big stressful job to do I blast American Trilogy through my stereo just before I hit the sanctuary to get my adrenaline going and get my swagger on!
Half the time I wanna BE Elvis! I (and this is personal as I believe this thread requires so don't go bothering a God botherer! :P ) thank God so often for Elvis. He gets me through a lot and a lot of what he did and sang is often an answer to a prayer for me.
Quick story, way sad so sorry, but recently I had two funerals of babies to do and that wrecks me, well Elvis has helped me through them. One of the sets of parents was gonna go on holiday after to get away from the stress, they were gonna go on a quiet beach holiday I said to them "no way, go somewhere crazy like Vegas, somewhere where 24/7 you can blast yourselves with enough light and noise to help you through" They did and came back to thank me for suggesting it and they brought me back a little pair of porcelain blue suede shoes with elvis buckles as a thank you. So he influences my life and hopefully through what I do the lives of others too.
And hey its through Elvis I met all you good folks!
So keep rocking pilgrims to the promised land!

elvisfan4life
03-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Wow! some awesome, deep heart felt posts after i brought this topic back to life........ I also relate to Kentucky Rain because I'm from Kentucky - Northern Ky/Cincinnati area.....

His version of Memories ~ priceless

This is just a wonderful subject because I can never imagine not ever having Elvis in my life from day one...... it has really made me do a lot of thinking actually.:hmm:

riley
03-16-2007, 10:37 AM
People who are not Elvisfans can't understand our feelings. But luckily there are so many fans we can share feelings with.

I think with Elvis , , you love him or you don't like him at all , there is no way between.

I'm so glad I'm on "the love him" side.:D

mistymorning
03-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I fell in love with the king when I was 10 , and I,m still in love and I,m sure I always will.I can never imagine my life without him.When I,m tired , bored from my daily duties I just wait for my free time to be alone with him, listening to his voice to see his pics or going through the forums makes my day. He is the shine and joy of my life, I,m happy that I,m an ELVIS FAN

Melissa
03-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Elvis has influenced my life is so many ways. He gives me the motivation to follow my dreams and to never give up. I am the only kid in my school that loves Elvis so he gives me my individuality. Just at the mere thought of him I feel like I could do anything if I try. I started listening to Elvis when I was about 3 and haven't stopped. I just love his voice and his personality. He is gone but never forgotten :king:

riley
03-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Melissa,

It worries me to hear that the younger generation don't like him anymore.
Or worse they don't know his name anymore.

I have two daughters, the eldest is also a Melissa and she still is a huge fan because she has heard "our guy" from when she was still in my belly:) but in class only some know his name and not at all how he looked or what he did or wheter is alive or not.

Can you imagine:doh:

My youngest, Priscilla, isn't an elvisfan and noone of her class knows him anymore. Ofcourse she knows him and everything about his lifestory but none of her friends know she is named after his wife neither. They all say that she has a weird name and that they never heard it before:doh:

Can you imagine.

That really bothers me.

In my time and I'm 40 kids still became fan even if their parents weren't.

1977 was not far away (in fact i became a fan on 16th of august) and we saw him in many many magazines .

My parents were no fans but they had 1 record in their collection from him and boy I played that record:P

Soon I began to buy everything connected with him and it became a start of a huge collection and dito fascination.

Melissa
03-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Melissa,

It worries me to hear that the younger generation don't like him anymore.
Or worse they don't know his name anymore.

I have two daughters, the eldest is also a Melissa and she still is a huge fan because she has heard "our guy" from when she was still in my belly:) but in class only some know his name and not at all how he looked or what he did or wheter is alive or not.

Can you imagine:doh:

My youngest, Priscilla, isn't an elvisfan and noone of her class knows him anymore. Ofcourse she knows him and everything about his lifestory but none of her friends know she is named after his wife neither. They all say that she has a weird name and that they never heard it before:doh:

Can you imagine.

That really bothers me.

In my time and I'm 40 kids still became fan even if their parents weren't.

1977 was not far away (in fact i became a fan on 16th of august) and we saw him in many many magazines .

My parents were no fans but they had 1 record in their collection from him and boy I played that record:P

Soon I began to buy everything connected with him and it became a start of a huge collection and dito fascination.

It also bothers me that kids my age don't listen to him. They perfer the songs that sing about violence and death, I perfer to listen to the message Elvis sends us in his songs. I promised myself that when I had kids Elvis would play a big part in thier lives. I want the next generation to know who this man is because he is truly a wonderful man :D

riley
03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I try to inspire my kids also.
Melissa cannot live without his music either, and she admires the beauty of his wife Priscilla and of his granddaughter Riley.

People say she looks like Lisa marie and Riley too and then she is so proud.

The youngest is a rock type, she likes Lisa Marie and Avril Lavigne but feels no connection with Elvis.:doh:

Maybe when she gets a bit older, I don't know.

Anyhow, I keep on trying:P

MauriceColgan
03-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Before I first heard Elvis way back in the 50s I listened to a lot of popular singers because we heard them all on radio or at the movies. Day in Day out!

But.............. I was not really listening to those singers...I was just hearing them. A few stood out more than others, but I did not feel the need to rush out to buy their recordings.

With Elvis it was far different! As soon as I heard him I knew I had to hear more! That unmistakable voice of his took root in my soul!

Because of Elvis I learnt to ............. Listen... yes to actually LISTEN attentively....... ear to the speaker! (Stereo sound was in the future :)

Yes I can honestly say Elvis taught me music appreciation.

Now 50 years later I can look back and see that 15 year old boy playing his first Elvis HMV 78rpm single on the little portable record player and astounding a whole houseful of people with "Hound Dog" full blast! :)

Collecting music since then has cost a small fortune! (Not so small given a little thought!)

But our lives were/are enriched by Elvis's beautiful voice.... I have no doubts about youngsters discovering it. If they really love music they will naturally turn to the best there is, as they develope their taste.

To answer the question I would be here for months typing, correcting, and typing more, when I could be listening to Elvis.......... and of course Ludwig Van Beethoven too!

Polk-Salad-Annie
03-18-2007, 04:18 PM

That is true!!

I am a Elvis fan for about 30 years!!
Without Elvis Presley my life wil be boaring.
I can not think about a life without Elvis.
Without Elvis i think i never will have met my wife, who is also a BIG Elvis fan.

Polk-Salad-Annie
03-18-2007, 04:23 PM
i am a fan now for 2 years and my husband just don't understand it
he offered me a psychiatrist and he was seriosly about it too! (n)
he just feels treated by a man who is about 30 years gone now
so now days i am looking at all my favorite site's when he is gone
once in a while i buy something or look at the t.v something about elvis
and he always has commends:angry:
but he will not stop me of beining a fan:P
:king: ELVIS FOREVER :king:

He needs to accept that you are an Elvis fan.
I think your husband needs a psychiatrist.

riley
03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Stutz,

That is so true.
Guess husbands are often so jealous about him.

You are a big Elvisfan and so is your wife. That is so good.
Must be fun to share same intrests.

Wish I could, really

elvisia
03-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I`d say that Elvis mean everything to me today, even that I only began collecting Elvis stuff about 3 years ago. I now have about 200 CD`s and DVD`s and I must say that it`s the best investment I ever did, I`ll never regret it.....NEVER. I`m just so happy that I let Elvis come into my life(y)

Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice

marijaep
03-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Elvis has influenced my life is so many ways. He gives me the motivation to follow my dreams and to never give up. I am the only kid in my school that loves Elvis so he gives me my individuality. Just at the mere thought of him I feel like I could do anything if I try. I started listening to Elvis when I was about 3 and haven't stopped. I just love his voice and his personality. He is gone but never forgotten :king:

Hi Melissa, I feel the same way too. I was the only that loved Elvis in my school, but few firends discovered him and now they love him too :D:D:D
I felt teribble when i became an Elvis fan, because at first I thought that many kids like him, but then i found out that I was the only one in my school.:'(
Now, I can't imagine one day whitout his music and I feel great:D
I'm not a fan for a long time, i have become a fan one year before, but I already know that i won't stop being a fan. :king:
I am proud that I am a fan:clap: :clap: :clap:
Marija

nashville cat
03-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I was becoming an Elvis fan in the mid 80's, about the same time I started school. None of the other kids then cared about him either. Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen were the going things. I felt kind of out of place. That was over twenty years ago, and Elvis shows no signs of going away, but Springsteen and Michael Jackson have sure faded in popularity. Now that I'm older I talk to a lot of fans my age and younger. Teens are usually going to go after the latest fads, but as they get older they will become more open-minded and if they are exposed to his music they are a potential audience for him.

Look at some of the fantastic CD and DVD releases we have had over the last ten years!. I never would have dreamed we would have access to this kind of material when I first became a fan.

megannn
05-14-2007, 06:07 PM
im turning 15 soon and i love elvis. i don't listen to the "new" music very often. I been "in love" with elvis since i was three, there's no one better.
My mom said i was born in the wrong time, i should be like 50 years old, lol.
I love being the only kid in school with elvis blasting on my ipod. :D

TCBEP
05-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Springsteen and Michael Jackson have sure faded in popularity.

Don't think so!!

Jackson's a freak, but Springsteen is a true american legend whose concerts continue to sell out in minutes.