PDA

View Full Version : Another Obscure Book For Suggested Reading

jak
10-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Has anyone read the book Raised On Elvis Elvis Elvis by Sandi Pichon?She's a fan who was lucky enough to get pretty close to Elvis.The book chronicles her adventures while following Elvis around the country on tour and vegas.It gives you a good desricption of how things were back when Elvis was touring.Fans of Elvis' concerts might find it particulary interesting.She hung out a lot with the guys in the band also and everyone knew each other back then.I suggest this book because once again its subject matter isnt often written about.Its told from a fans perspective and contains lots of interesting info about Elvis' road trips.Those days are long ago so its nice to have a book that details the fun they had following Elvis around and getting familiar with him.She's also honest and does mention his decline which she witnessed.The book is positive though.When people like her are gone so will all the firsthand info like this book contains.I highly recommend it.
Jak

Diane
10-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I've heard of this book and it did sound like a good one. Thanks for posting some information on it Jak.

jak
10-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I've heard of this book and it did sound like a good one. Thanks for posting some information on it Jak.

Diane
I mentioned this book along with Inside Graceland because sometimes these lesser known books get lost in the shuffle and its a shame because they do contain some good stuff.
Jak

Dovey
10-17-2006, 06:04 PM
:cool: Thanks Jak, I have never heard of that book either... guess I will have to check out Amazon again.

I did enjoy the book by Nancy Rooks, it was a good reading book and she was not finding fault with everthing Elvis did or with his family. I enjoyed reading it..... sure beats many of the negative books I have read..Elvis is not here to defend himself and that does not seem fair to me. (Many people write just to profit $$$$ from knowing him)

The really sad thing is that Elvis never wrote a book.... Yes I know that he did things that he would not be proud of today... but back 30-40 years ago things were very different than they are today.(Nobody but Elvis had ever rocked the world of music the way he did... it was awesome even for him to realize what was happening)
I just think it would of been great to hear from him what it was really like to be "Elvis Presley... King of Rock & Roll" :doh: :doh:

Thanks again Jak Dovey ;)

U.S. Male
10-17-2006, 06:22 PM
If you can find this book, GET IT!!!!!(y)

It's a nice book with good stories and some fantastic / rare photos, including some very rare photos from Las Vegas!(y) (y) (y)

elvislady
10-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the inf on this book jak and big boss man i will definatley try and get this book. its nice to get a bit of insite before you buy.:D :cool: here is sandys website.
http://www.raisedonelvis.com/home.html

Diane
10-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks so much for the link to Sandi's website elvislady. It was very interesting. What a lucky lady! For sure I will try to get her book.

jak
10-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I will give you a warning.If you read the book you will be jealous!She had a heck of a time back then.She was incredibly lucky.
Jak

Diane
10-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Jak, I will keep it in mind and I'm sure you're right.:D

Dovey
10-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Jak, you are a teaser!!!! :D :lmfao: Dovey ;)