PDA

View Full Version : best quality

Memphisgurl
08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
hey guys. i was wondering, what do you guys think elvis's best quality was, as a father, as an artist, actor, or just human.

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-01-2006, 10:47 PM
As an artist - interpretation of songs
As a human - generosity and kindness
As a soul - a searcher for the truth and a lover of God
As a father - unconditional love
As a music icon - the father of rock and roll
As a cultural icon - a blender of cultural and musical influences helping to break down racial, cultural and social barriers.
As an actor - a natural ( to begin with. He had moments later on, but was mostly uninpired by the Hollywood/Tom Parker machine)

TCE
08-05-2006, 11:20 AM
As a cultural icon - a blender of cultural and musical influences helping to break down racial, cultural and social barriers.
As an actor - a natural ( to begin with. He had moments later on, but was mostly uninpired by the Hollywood/Tom Parker machine)

I coul'dn't have said it better. These are the exact words for our man. He was tender, loving and caring.

Christel (TCE)

Dovey
08-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Very well stated Menwithbrokenhearts... ;) Dovey

rebby
08-05-2006, 02:24 PM
best quality: simple, although he was famous, when you see him off stage behind the scenes you can see he was just an ordinary human being with flaws like everyone else. I think that is what makes him even more special, a human quality. In a world full of people who are only concerned about themselves, elvis was generous and kind. Thats what makes him special to me!:D

Katie
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I love everything about him, but I'd have to say Elvis's generosity was the best quality.

Albert
08-10-2006, 09:00 PM
elvis's best quality was, as a father, as an artist, actor, or just human

I believe his best quality was that it felt like he was one of your best friends. And besides that, the best entertainer that ever lived.

As a father: I don't believe that he was a really good father. That doesn't say anthing at all about the love that he had for Lisa.

As an actor: mwah.... I don't believe that Elvis was a really good actor. He may have become a really good one, once he became older and lost his status as sex-appeal. This should have given Elvis space to grow as an actor, outside of the caricature box.

Human: I believe that he was a wonderfull human being. But I think that there are more people that are even less selfish, or more generous, or more devoted to do good to the world.

So with all the good qualities, his ability to move and entertain people was his biggest gift.

U.S. Male
08-10-2006, 09:02 PM
To me, it was his sincerity, both to the fans and to the music. Every song I've ever heard him sing, no matter how many times or from what year, they all sound as if he truly believes in them and feels them.

I also see in him being sincere to the fans by expressing both in words and actions that he appreciates them for their support.

Diane
08-11-2006, 12:46 AM
I have to go along with MWBH and BBM. You both said it in the best way possible!

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I think one of Elvis' best qualities was to remain sane considering the madness that surrounded him throughout his career.

Elvis was always humble regarding his status, lesser stars have let their ego get way out of control.

Matt

Joe Car
08-11-2006, 03:07 PM

Well put! He gave everything he had during his 42 years on this earth.