PDA

View Full Version : Listen to Elvis sing "America"

songs4u
07-24-2006, 04:11 AM
I don't think anything in our bicentennial year meant as much to me as watching Elvis sing "America".

http://mjbco.powweb.com/epGodblessamerica905.html

Awickedreigndrop
07-24-2006, 07:59 AM
:blush: :clap: :clap: :clap: That was awesome!!! :notworthy :notworthy Now I see what you meant. Wow, Elvis was something else! I don't think there'll ever be an performer quite like him. All the singers that are out now I think are mostly for show. It's not about the talent at all. It's like, "If you're pretty you get a contract!" Yeah, Elvis was handsome but he also had the heart and talent to back it up and that is rare now-a-days.

I guess that's why I like a group that's called Gorillaz so much because It's not about what you see but it's about the music. I think that their music is good. If the world could see the artists themselves would they have made it as far as they are now? *Shrugs* Sorry that I went off on a tangent.

songs4u
07-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Pure musicianship seems to be disappearing, you know. There's so much hype and production behind these artists now a days. I can sing as well or better than some. They pump up the production on the songs and you can barely hear them sing.

You're right they'll never be another Elvis. Performers like him aren't out there anymore. He had pure talent. Put a mic in his hand and he could sing anything. These artists out now have to have a stage full of back up dancers and I don't know if half of them are lip-sincing to their own music because they can't do the song well enough in person. Elvis just seemed to sing with such ease. It just flowed out. Most of these singers out there now couldn't do a power ballad like "America" with the strength in their voice that Elvis had.

Diane
07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
I know I'm "over the hill" but Elvis never sounded the same in all the songs he sang. That's my biggest complaint about today's artists. That and the fact that the music drowns the voices out - maybe there's a reason for that???;)

Awickedreigndrop
07-26-2006, 03:56 AM
I know I'm "over the hill" but Elvis never sounded the same in all the songs he sang. That's my biggest complaint about today's artists. That and the fact that the music drowns the voices out - maybe there's a reason for that???;)

Hee hee hee, maybe there is a reason. The people that are singing have no talent... Sorry that was mean.

Diane
07-26-2006, 04:22 AM
I think there are some really good talent out there but they are few and far between. I like Bob Seiger and I loved Meatloaf a while back. Everyone is imitating someone else. We need more unique performers like Elvis. Tom Jones is pretty good and no one else sounds like him but he can't change his voice from song to song like Elvis could.

It will be a long time before anyone appears to have the impact that Elvis did on the world if ever.

songs4u
07-26-2006, 06:25 AM
You know, I like Tom Jones, too.

I think we're all in agreement here about the ones that don't have any talent are drowned out by the production. You can't hardly hear them sing because they can't.