PDA

View Full Version : Priscilla the liar

joanne
07-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Watching interviews of Priscilla Presley over the years which are available here-
http://simplycilla.com/mp/simplycilla/multimedia%20files/Videos/newvideos.html
I became aware of how much she has contradicted herself and of how she has now come full circle .
On the interview in 1979 Mike Douglas introduces her by saying "This most beautiful young lady has an indominable spirit, has survived a divorce from one of the nations most famous entertainers and has now picked up the pieces"
That sounds as if Elvis divorced her and gave her a hard time.
She talked about being the spokeswoman for Wella Balsam shampoo and said "Theres been a lot of offers in the past few years but I really didn`t want a career"
That totally contradicts what she said In 1976 in a magazine interview when she spoke of her ambition to become an actress.
She went on to say that she didn`t want to do any acting in a tv series as she wasn`t interested.
Funny then how she went on to do Dallas.
Mike Douglas keeps referring to Elvis as her husband which is quite annoying.
Then he says "When you met Elvis you were very very young you were a child and you were advised by your parents and by I guess other people not to marry him"
"Oh yeah" said Priscilla.
That must be why her parents sent her to America to live with Elvis and then put pressure on him to marry her.
On handling the women throwing themselves at Elvis she said that she handled it by amongst other things talking. This is the same woman who said on the Presley documentary that "We needed to sit down and talk and I`m sure anything could have been resolved but those times weren`t really there."
On Lisa she says that in regards to her future career she wants her to be what she wants.
I guess that must be why she tried to stop her having a music career for so many years.
On Good Morning America she was told about the story by Elvis`s step-mother and step-brothers that Elvis was in the hospital 3 times in the Army in Germany for drug addiction and when asked if she could confirm or deny it she said she really can`t.
She was with Elvis and knew exactly that he didn`t have a drug addiction in the Army but she wouldn`t defend him by saying it wasn`t true.
During these interviews she is quite happy to talk at length about her relationship with Elvis.
With Tom Snyder he says to her that she delayed her career plans after Elvis died and she said that she did so because she didn`t want to be accused of cashing in. "I was going to do a career or have a career before he even died, I had an agent."
There she contradicts her remarks from the Mike Douglas show.
Cut to a few years later with Gary Collins in 1983 after she had found fame on Dallas and suddenly she doesn`t really want to talk about Elvis anymore.
On her landing the part in Dallas she says that the producers didn`t consider her for the role and it was only when they saw a tape of what she had done that they decided "The girl can act."
We are led to believe they didn`t want anybody recognisable and Priscilla says that "Trying to establish myself as an actress that name can be somewhat of an hindrance to me and I have to be seen more and shown that I`ve worked hard to get where I am right now."
The bosses of Dallas openly admitted to hiring her because of her surname but she seemed to have forgotten that.
Its a struggle with that name says Priscilla.
"To be associated with a name almost all of your life its very difficult to get over that hole because theres a person within me that has nothing to do with that name I mean theres Priscilla here and I just don`t want to be seen as Priscilla Presley."
When she eventually wrote the book she wasn`t going to write she went on countless interviews talking about Elvis again and was happy to be a Presley when the dollars were rolling in.
The same goes for EBTP and all the other items she has hawked over the years.
Priscilla change your name and if you are as talented as you say then you don`t need it anyway.
Stop milking Elvis to earn your living.
If you want to be your own person stop selling dvds with you and the Beaulieus whitewashing the truth.
You are a money-grabbing woman who should just go away quietly as I do not want to see you at Elvis Anniverary Concert in Memphis next year walking on-stage like royaly and playing Elvis`s widow.
It`s time to get a real job.

ForeverTheKing
07-23-2006, 02:07 PM
"To be associated with a name almost all of your life its very difficult to get over that hole because theres a person within me that has nothing to do with that name I mean theres Priscilla here and I just don`t want to be seen as Priscilla Presley."

Poor Cilla............:'( :'( :'( ....I'm crying for her!:lmfao:

Thanks for all these pieces of interviews...I couldn't know them.
The most positive thing to live here in Italy is that I don't have to see her on TV so often!:angry:
That woman has to go to a doctor to make a check up to her brain...:blink:
This is the proof of what I've been thinking about her for years...she's the QUEEN....yes, but the QUEEN OF HIPOCRISY!:angry:
It's really HARD for her to be considered for what she really is...with that name....:angry: well...you decided to take it Cilla...nobody told you to do it!(n)
I have to stop here...I always get mad wth this woman...and I always think that Elvis had discovered her real personality and lost his interest in her...thanks God!(y)

songs4u
07-23-2006, 02:59 PM
joanne

Just reading the name of the thread made me smile. I couldn't resist reading this one. Thanks for that link on the interviews. I'm going to check it out. I didn't know there was one.

Donut
07-23-2006, 03:27 PM
I still don?t know why i care with this woman but here you have another Priscilla Beualieu video interview. Watch and judge for yourself ;)

PArt 1
http://www.ultimatedallas.com/video/presley1.rm
Part 2
http://www.ultimatedallas.com/video/presley2.rm
Part 3
http://www.ultimatedallas.com/video/presley3.rm
Part 4
http://www.ultimatedallas.com/video/presley4.rm
Part 5
http://www.ultimatedallas.com/video/presley5.rm

EnigmaticSun
07-23-2006, 03:58 PM
It's back to the Naked Gun-universe for you, Priscilla..

"Frank Drebin: I see a lot of familiar face-lifts.."

Dovey
07-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Wow Joanne, you are sure right about "Cilla" she is nothing bur a liar !! I sometimes wonder how she can look at herself in the mirro.. of course she probably thinks she is looking at Morticha:D

She stated when she and Elvis broke up that she took her madin name back because" she did not need the Presley name to make it in life."......Talk about a big joke. She is nothing without the Presley name and even with the name she is nothing to me but a joke!!!:angry: :angry:

Poor Elvis... she sure was one of his biggest mistakes of his life.. but I have read where he said that he loved her more like a little sister... and that he realized that there is love and then there is being in love... and he was not in love with her but loved her more like a little sister.

We are all human and make mistakes .. sad one for him!!!

All the things you guys have written are so true and sad at the same time. (Elvis can not defend himself.. so she just goes on and on.) One thing is for sure his fans loved him then and still love him today.... he will always be the King!!!!!! Dovey ;)

ForeverTheKing
07-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Wow Joanne, you are sure right about "Cilla" she is nothing bur a liar !! I sometimes wonder how she can look at herself in the mirro.. of course she probably thinks she is looking at Morticha:D

She stated when she and Elvis broke up that she took her madin name back because" she did not need the Presley name to make it in life."......Talk about a big joke. She is nothing without the Presley name and even with the name she is nothing to me but a joke!!!:angry: :angry:

Poor Elvis... she sure was one of his biggest mistakes of his life.. but I have read where he said that he loved her more like a little sister... and that he realized that there is love and then there is being in love... and he was not in love with her but loved her more like a little sister.

We are all human and make mistakes .. sad one for him!!!

All the things you guys have written are so true and sad at the same time. (Elvis can not defend himself.. so she just goes on and on.) One thing is for sure his fans loved him then and still love him today.... he will always be the King!!!!!! Dovey ;)

You're so right Dovey and I think the same.(y)
I think he needed someone to talk with during the Army period and for some strange reasons he saw something special in that girl, so that he could have found a sort of "reference" since he missed the only one he had before...his mother.
But I think with the time his feelings towards her changed a lot...of course he cared about her but I don't think he was really in love as a man can love a woman or a husband a wife.
I've always been surprised to know he wasn't attracted by her...how can you loose attraction for your wife after few months of marriage?
My answer is that he wasn't so in love before and maybe he had no others choices except to marry her.
This is really sad...I'm sad more for Elvis that couldn't live a real love, as he deserved it...about Cilla...what can I say...I think she knew what she was doing and did it...but I'm tired to see her speaking as a victim..:angry: (n)

Dovey
07-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks ForEverThe King.... You are pretty Cool!!! :D

Love your drawings and your thiking (y) (y) (y) I guess you must read a lot of Elvis books also... but as for your drawings... well you are a King there.... (or should I say queen) :cool: Dovey

ForeverTheKing
07-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks ForEverThe King.... You are pretty Cool!!! :D

Love your drawings and your thiking (y) (y) (y) I guess you must read a lot of Elvis books also... but as for your drawings... well you are a King there.... (or should I say queen) :cool: Dovey

Thanks Dovey!:notworthy

Yes...a QUEEN!!:lol: :P

I'm glad you like the gifs and what I think about Cilla..well, not so different from your thoughts.(y)
I haven't read a lot of books about Elvis, unfortunately, but this is my opinion about what's happened...I can't know if it's the truth...just my idea.
Elvis is not here and, as you told befoe, Cilla can still tell and do what she wants.
But I've always said..."Elvis is watching her" ;)

ad schijven
07-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Dear Joanna,

we`ve been over this `subject` many times before and you know that i`ll support you all the way !! (y) Your opinion about `Beaulieu` is exactly the same as mine and it`s good to see that we are not alone on this subject.
I never understood why so many Elvis fans worship this *****, while the only thing she does is using Elvis and his name over and over again. :cursing:
When i saw her in `Elvis by the Presley`s` and heard her talk about him, it made me sick to the stomac. :angry: She stills talks about `our` house and `we` had, but to my opinion that `our` and `we` ended on that beautiful day in 1973 in Santa Monica. In the meanwhile she couldn`t resist on playing `the victim` again and ofcourse there was that `lizard tongue story` again, backed up by her sister.
When you see the reaction of Lisa when they speak about Elvis` dead, that`s full of emotion. Priscilla speaks about it with no emotion at all (n) :cursing:
The only thing she appears for is money and publicity, like during the visit op the Japanese Koizumi. Oh how much i hate this barracuda and i wonder.....will she ever leave the Elvis world for good??/

graceland123
07-23-2006, 08:41 PM
don t get me started on this t***
i liked her early on but overall the years she has made a money after money off elvis s back .
he grafted all his life so this ***** could gain everything .
she has nt done a days work in her life she doesn`t know what the word means
what can one say about those bloody clips except they are shite. the interviewers kiss her *** constantly by saying to her it must of been so hard for you .my god she wasn`t in an abusive relationship she wasnt with a man who treat her badly she didnt have to suffer money problemsbut yet it was so dificult for the poor little bugger pass my the kleenex

I have just watched part of THE FALL GUY which was one of my favourite shows back in the day but she bloody ruined it her acting was AWFUL it was like she was reading from a sign someone was holding up
she says she was hired for dallas because she can act my god she was acting when she said that
everything she has done work wise is because of being a PRESLEY why not have the balls to admit it
look at her at the night of 100 stars swanning round like a model thinking shes gods gift .i did find her attractive in the early days but i dont like women who love themselves that much
when people say shes beautiiful she doesn t batter an eyelid because shes been told it all her life ther e is no modesty or humility about her its as if she feels she has earned everything she has .well little pris let me tell you sitting with a snake wrapped round you talking to bloody animals and snogging bobby ewing doesnt make you worthy of all you have and that isnt earning it
elvis earned it by coming from an impoverished bacckground and touring different places every night and facing obstacles which he overcame to become the success that he was
working himself so hard that he could affort his dream home graceland and the cars that he loved and other things and why not he earned them
then this grabber who whinges and moans about how hard life has been for her being a presley gets everything
it makes me puke to be honeest

notice the clip on EVENTS young musicians concert award lisa-mari e is receiving an award but priscilla manages to get on stage with her because she has to get in on the limelight and lisa doesnt look too happy
she shouldnt even be there its not anything to dowith her
i think elvis cottoned onto her probably during the pregnancy because she has said that he asked her for a trial separation and after that it was never the same
i think elvis realised soemthings about her that werent good
i just wish we could know more about what elvis perspective was on the whole thing as we all know jerry schilling as written a book hugely endorsed by priscilla so obviously she will come out of it smelling of roses but we never really get elviss real feelings about her yes he may of said nice things publicly but privately he may of felt very different
he wasnt the type of man to slag off the mother of his child as we all know
he kept his own counsel i think on a lot of matters
that has helped priscilla a great deal in forging her reality of her life with elvis which doesnt particularly have a lot of truth to it
in i think the synder interview she said she was in a cafe and a man approached her with would you like to meet elvis presley then he came up to her the next time and asked her again then he went to all the trouble of meeting her parents and picking her up and driving her
time for a reality check that is straight out of mills and boon and complete crap
this is the girl who just before leaving for germany mapped out with her friend where elvis was going to be stationed
if she wasnt an elvis fan why would she do that ill tell you why because she was on a mission to meet him and she befreinded currie grant to make it happen
the man has always said for the last fifty odd years thhat priscilla walked upto him and asked if he knew elvis and could he introduce him to her
that to me sounds more logical explanation
she wasnt the naive young girl she knew what she was doing

datalore
07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Watching interviews of Priscilla Presley over the years which are available here-
http://simplycilla.com/mp/simplycilla/multimedia%20files/Videos/newvideos.html
I became aware of how much she has contradicted herself and of how she has now come full circle .
On the interview in 1979 Mike Douglas introduces her by saying "This most beautiful young lady has an indominable spirit, has survived a divorce from one of the nations most famous entertainers and has now picked up the pieces"
That sounds as if Elvis divorced her and gave her a hard time.
She talked about being the spokeswoman for Wella Balsam shampoo and said "Theres been a lot of offers in the past few years but I really didn`t want a career"
That totally contradicts what she said In 1976 in a magazine interview when she spoke of her ambition to become an actress.
She went on to say that she didn`t want to do any acting in a tv series as she wasn`t interested.
Funny then how she went on to do Dallas.
Mike Douglas keeps referring to Elvis as her husband which is quite annoying.
Then he says "When you met Elvis you were very very young you were a child and you were advised by your parents and by I guess other people not to marry him"
"Oh yeah" said Priscilla.
That must be why her parents sent her to America to live with Elvis and then put pressure on him to marry her.
On handling the women throwing themselves at Elvis she said that she handled it by amongst other things talking. This is the same woman who said on the Presley documentary that "We needed to sit down and talk and I`m sure anything could have been resolved but those times weren`t really there."
On Lisa she says that in regards to her future career she wants her to be what she wants.
I guess that must be why she tried to stop her having a music career for so many years.
On Good Morning America she was told about the story by Elvis`s step-mother and step-brothers that Elvis was in the hospital 3 times in the Army in Germany for drug addiction and when asked if she could confirm or deny it she said she really can`t.
She was with Elvis and knew exactly that he didn`t have a drug addiction in the Army but she wouldn`t defend him by saying it wasn`t true.
During these interviews she is quite happy to talk at length about her relationship with Elvis.
With Tom Snyder he says to her that she delayed her career plans after Elvis died and she said that she did so because she didn`t want to be accused of cashing in. "I was going to do a career or have a career before he even died, I had an agent."
There she contradicts her remarks from the Mike Douglas show.
Cut to a few years later with Gary Collins in 1983 after she had found fame on Dallas and suddenly she doesn`t really want to talk about Elvis anymore.
On her landing the part in Dallas she says that the producers didn`t consider her for the role and it was only when they saw a tape of what she had done that they decided "The girl can act."
We are led to believe they didn`t want anybody recognisable and Priscilla says that "Trying to establish myself as an actress that name can be somewhat of an hindrance to me and I have to be seen more and shown that I`ve worked hard to get where I am right now."
The bosses of Dallas openly admitted to hiring her because of her surname but she seemed to have forgotten that.
Its a struggle with that name says Priscilla.
When she eventually wrote the book she wasn`t going to write she went on countless interviews talking about Elvis again and was happy to be a Presley when the dollars were rolling in.
The same goes for EBTP and all the other items she has hawked over the years.
Priscilla change your name and if you are as talented as you say then you don`t need it anyway.
Stop milking Elvis to earn your living.
If you want to be your own person stop selling dvds with you and the Beaulieus whitewashing the truth.
You are a money-grabbing woman who should just go away quietly as I do not want to see you at Elvis Anniverary Concert in Memphis next year walking on-stage like royaly and playing Elvis`s widow.
It`s time to get a real job.

I had no idea about any of this. Thanks for all this info. If having the last name Presley is such a burden, then maybe she should drop it, or get married and get a brand new last name. She's had a couple of kids to some dude and she won't marry him because if she does she has to give up the Presley name. Yet the name is her burden and hinders her attempts to look for work. I wonder what she would be doing now if she hadn't met Elvis in the first place. Would she be an actress? I doubt it.

Good one Cilla, pull the other leg.

songs4u
07-24-2006, 04:06 AM
joanne,

I put this statement in one of my threads about the ones who really loved Elvis. I hope you don't mind me putting it here. I was typing it and I got so aggrevated with Miss Priss and then I thought about your thread and here it is.

I think Elvis had the old fashioned southern ideas of how and what a wife should be, which is fine.
Priscilla knew this when she moved in with him. Her playing the part of a naive teenager is a bunch of bull to me. Everyone talks about how mature she acted. She knew what she was doing. She was planning to marry Elvis Presley, the "King of Rock 'n Roll".

She couldn't leave until she got the name.

She knew his lifestyle and what he expected of her before she ever married him. What did she have, 6 years to think it over?

Overnight she turned from a schoolgirl to Mrs. Presley who ran the house and had no more fear of Elvis throwing her out. She did anything and everything he said before they were married. She even admits she was afraid someone else would have gladly taken her place if she didn't do what he said.

I think she loved him to some degree BUT, at the end when he was in trouble and dying and everyone saw what was happening to him, if she loved him so much she should have gone back or done anything she could to get him back on track. I think when you love someone, really love them, you'll do anything to save their life. Elvis may not have wanted to marry when he did but, I think he loved her. Elvis might have been helped by her coming back and trying to help him. I don't know if everyone's heard the live version of "It's Midnight" when he says in the song "listen, Cilla". And you know he recorded that song late in his career so he was still thinking about her.

I guess that's what pisses me off the most with her. I think that's why I dislike her so much.

She should have been there for him. She says everyone tried talking to him including her. But, I don't know how much of anything she says is the truth.
She says he confided in her when he felt lost over his mother's death. I think she sort of puts it like she replaced that loss in his life.

When you love someone unconditionally you sometimes have to think of them when they're in trouble before you think of yourself. He was in trouble.

Sorry for my ranting and raving. It hurt me so much when Elvis died and anyone I feel that could have helped him in any way and didn't upsets me.

MISSCLAWDY
07-24-2006, 11:09 AM
I totally agree, she's a liar!!! And she plays the victim role too....!!!
I just can't stand her!
Poor thing, it's hard having Presley as a name...so why did she take it?? she wasn't his wife anymore when he died but still....!!!

jak
07-24-2006, 11:41 AM
I've never really understood the intense negative feelings people have about her.I give her credit for being independent enough to leave Elvis back then.I like Elvis as much as anybody do you any of you think he was a good husband?He was a joke as a husband.She could trash him but she never has.Elvis was just a human being and had his faults.Everybody around Elvis has contradicted themselves over the years.It was a long time ago and I dont think the people who were around Elvis sit and dissect and study his every move like we do.Memories fade and opinions change.Its human nature.Dont forget it was Vernon who brought her back to handle things.He must have trusted her.Like it or not she did do her job very well from a business standpoint.I think some people are jealous of her marriage to Elvis and others blame her for his decline.
Jak

ForeverTheKing
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I've never really understood the intense negative feelings people have about her.I give her credit for being independent enough to leave Elvis back then.I like Elvis as much as anybody do you any of you think he was a good husband?He was a joke as a husband.She could trash him but she never has.Elvis was just a human being and had his faults.Everybody around Elvis has contradicted themselves over the years.It was a long time ago and I dont think the people who were around Elvis sit and dissect and study his every move like we do.Memories fade and opinions change.Its human nature.Dont forget it was Vernon who brought her back to handle things.He must have trusted her.Like it or not she did do her job very well from a business standpoint.I think some people are jealous of her marriage to Elvis and others blame her for his decline.
Jak

No jelousy for her...Elvis got millions of women and this is not the reason of our feelings towards her.
I agree you about her choice to go away and the fact he wasn't a good husband...but she wasn't a saint and a victim...things didn't work between them and this can happen in a couple.
What I don't like is her behavoiur after his death...(n) :angry:
I think Vernon tried to do the best thing for Lisa...and Cilla was the only one who could take care about Lisa interests.
Sorry...everyone can have an opinion and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who think she could have acted differently; I'm tired to see her going everywhere, calling herself Presley, selling stupid stuff using his name and say how much she still love him...PLEASEEE!!!:angry: :lmfao:
She was her wife but it was over that 1973...I'd prefer to see her living her life and taking care of business in a more private way.
She should try to be more honest sometimes...I'm sure now she would have much more reaspect from many Elvis fans!(y)

Donut
07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
No jelousy for her...Elvis got millions of women and this is not the reason of our feelings towards her.
I agree you about her choice to go away and the fact he wasn't a good husband...but she wasn't a saint and a victim...things didn't work between them and this can happen in a couple.
What I don't like is her behavoiur after his death...(n) :angry:
I think Vernon tried to do the best thing for Lisa...and Cilla was the only one who could take care about Lisa interests.
Sorry...everyone can have an opinion and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who think she could have acted differently; I'm tired to see her going everywhere, calling herself Presley, selling stupid stuff using his name and say how much she still love him...PLEASEEE!!!:angry: :lmfao:
She was her wife but it was over that 1973...I'd prefer to see her living her life and taking care of business in a more private way.
She should try to be more honest sometimes...I'm sure now she would have much more reaspect from many Elvis fans!(y)

I agree with you 100 %
It?s not what she did while living with Elvis, i understand her in that time. It?s what she is doing since he died what makes me angry and makes me dislike her. And don?t think i?m jelous of her because i like almost all his girlfriends...
Anyway everyone has its own opinion :king:

elvislady
07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Jak
i agree with jak on this one . i like her and i think she has had a rough deal to.
elvislady

datalore
07-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Jak

As I have said before, I don't blame Priscilla for leaving Elvis. I'm not jealous and I would have left Elvis long before she did if I had been in her position. I've never loved Elvis in the way where I would want to marry him, or even put up with his behavior and sexist ideas.

The thing I hate about her is that she constantly tries to portray heself as a victim in the public eye. God knows what sort of one sided stories she has told Lisa Marie. Elvis wasn't perfect. That fact doesn't make me respect him as an entertainer any less. He is still and will always be the king. No one can ever replace or come close to reaching the levels he did.

Priscilla wrote the book Elvis and Me. Then she produced a revised telemovie that had been rewritten to make her look more like a victim than she had in the book. Elvis was made to look plain evil to her. She has taken every oportunity to exploit the Presley name for her own benefit. She refuses to drop the name and kept it even after he divorced her in 73. She continues to play the widow of Elvis Presley, and she was his ex-wife. She wasn't around for him when he was alive, but the Presley name was far too benificial to her after his death for her to give up or even marry another person.

jak
07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
I would point out one undeniable fact to anyone who doesnt think she wasnt a victim of sorts.Do you remember how old she was when Elvis became interested in her?Elvis was the adult and she was just a child.You have a guy take her from home based on promises that Im sure were not kept.Im guessing Elvis was unfaithfull first.Please dont think Im bashing Elvis.He was the ultimate performer but far from a perfect human being just like the rest of us.I think all his lying and cheating did make her a victim.He never should have gotten involved with a girl that age to begin with.I dont know how he escaped a huge scandal.
Jak

ForeverTheKing
07-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I would point out one undeniable fact to anyone who doesnt think she wasnt a victim of sorts.Do you remember how old she was when Elvis became interested in her?Elvis was the adult and she was just a child.You have a guy take her from home based on promises that Im sure were not kept.Im guessing Elvis was unfaithfull first.Please dont think Im bashing Elvis.He was the ultimate performer but far from a perfect human being just like the rest of us.I think all his lying and cheating did make her a victim.He never should have gotten involved with a girl that age to begin with.I dont know how he escaped a huge scandal.
Jak

Nobody here is a victim.
Elvis got interested in her...yes, she was young but Elvis wasn't so old...it can happen and in those years a girl supposed to be more mature than a 14 years old girl nowadays.

Anyway...Elvis always respected her and I think he considered her a girl with whom he could be serious and not just having fun...he had dozen for that.:P
Cilla felt in love too but I don't think she was so ingenue..don't forget she always said she wanted to have sex, also if she was so young but Elvis didn't want to.

I don't want here to discuss about their love or relationship...I think Elvis was interested in her and maybe he thought to a possible life with her.
Anyway I think things changed with the time; Cilla knew everything before getting married...and she can't complain about her decision to marry him.

The point here is why we don't like her...and we already said it....nothing about the past life and choices but what she decided to do after his death.
I can't stop seeing her as a very cold woman who is interested only in money and keeping his own image of the "poor victim" of the King.

Nobody here considers Elvis perfect as human being and he hadn't to be like that...he made his mistakes...but that 1973 they decided to DIVORCE and it seems that Cilla has forgot it.
She doesn't deserve the name Presley...se had to build her own life (since he found a man and had another child) and to stop acting as a widow.. (n)

Dovey
07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
joanne,

I put this statement in one of my threads about the ones who really loved Elvis. I hope you don't mind me putting it here. I was typing it and I got so aggrevated with Miss Priss and then I thought about your thread and here it is.

I think Elvis had the old fashioned southern ideas of how and what a wife should be, which is fine.
Priscilla knew this when she moved in with him. Her playing the part of a naive teenager is a bunch of bull to me. Everyone talks about how mature she acted. She knew what she was doing. She was planning to marry Elvis Presley, the "King of Rock 'n Roll".

She couldn't leave until she got the name.

She knew his lifestyle and what he expected of her before she ever married him. What did she have, 6 years to think it over?

Overnight she turned from a schoolgirl to Mrs. Presley who ran the house and had no more fear of Elvis throwing her out. She did anything and everything he said before they were married. She even admits she was afraid someone else would have gladly taken her place if she didn't do what he said.

I think she loved him to some degree BUT, at the end when he was in trouble and dying and everyone saw what was happening to him, if she loved him so much she should have gone back or done anything she could to get him back on track. I think when you love someone, really love them, you'll do anything to save their life. Elvis may not have wanted to marry when he did but, I think he loved her. Elvis might have been helped by her coming back and trying to help him. I don't know if everyone's heard the live version of "It's Midnight" when he says in the song "listen, Cilla". And you know he recorded that song late in his career so he was still thinking about her.

I guess that's what pisses me off the most with her. I think that's why I dislike her so much.

She should have been there for him. She says everyone tried talking to him including her. But, I don't know how much of anything she says is the truth.
She says he confided in her when he felt lost over his mother's death. I think she sort of puts it like she replaced that loss in his life.

When you love someone unconditionally you sometimes have to think of them when they're in trouble before you think of yourself. He was in trouble.

Sorry for my ranting and raving. It hurt me so much when Elvis died and anyone I feel that could have helped him in any way and didn't upsets me.

Yep, Gale, You got her nailed (y) (y) (y) Dovey :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

J.P
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Jak

I totally agree with you on this, Jak!
I can?t see why people are wasting their time to digging others lives the way they do!
Elvis sure was The King of Rock ?n?Roll (what he still is after all those years), but he wasn?t that great as a husband!
Cilla being a victim, well, she could be that. Elvis was giving her a hard time during their marriage and I think the divorce was the only way out for her.
And I can?t blame her for that!
Maybe you all ( who?re thinking Elvis as a victim here) should open your eyes and MINDS and stop talking the bullshit about things you don?t know! Ok?

ForeverTheKing
07-24-2006, 07:10 PM
I totally agree with you on this, Jak!
I can?t see why people are wasting their time to digging others lives the way they do!
Elvis sure was The King of Rock ?n?Roll (what he still is after all those years), but he wasn?t that great as a husband!
Cilla being a victim, well, she could be that. Elvis was giving her a hard time during their marriage and I think the divorce was the only way out for her.
And I can?t blame her for that!
Maybe you all ( who?re thinking Elvis as a victim here) should open your eyes and MINDS and stop talking the bullshit about things you don?t know! Ok?

I repeat...Elvis was not a victim and he did mistakes during his marriage, Cilla was not a saint but everybody here can have his own opinion about her....I don't like that woman and I don't want to waste time to talk about someone I don't care....(n)

Diane
07-24-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm with Gayle and Dovey. Priscilla wasn't an innocent young girl when she met Elvis and she knew full well what life with him was going to entail. I think he had her number long before they married and that's why he had to be forced into marrying her. I think he cared for her but wasn't "in love" with her. As for her, I don't think she ever had any deep feelings for him at all. She may not be able to have deep feelings for anyone. She's too self-involved.

One thing that has stood out as totally hypocritical in Elvis By The Presley is Priscilla's mother continuing to say they tried to talk her out of a relationship with him. Sure, that's why they let their 14 year old go live with him at Graceland.....c'mon!

And yes Gayle, I also believe she might have been of help when his health was failing. Having her and Lisa back in the house might have brought his spirits up and helped him cut down on the pills and take better care of himself.

elvislady
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I repeat...Elvis was not a victim and he did mistakes during his marriage, Cilla was not a saint but everybody here can have his own opinion about her....I don't like that woman and I don't want to waste time to talk about someone I don't care....(n)
you have not done a bad job so far. elvislady:blink:

Sheila
07-25-2006, 12:50 AM
I have known this for a long time about Priscilla...she is a liar and always wanted the attention! Bad!(n) The Book I read was Elvis and Me...Priscilla lied through the whole book and she made herself like she's the "good" girl.
Oh, Please :angry: Another one was that masde me so Mad is she says that she is the "Widow". (n)

songs4u
07-25-2006, 01:21 AM
I never read "Elvis and Me", I just saw the movie they made from the book. I don't know how close the movie was to the book. I think she portrays herself the same way in both. I wonder if she helped pick out the actor and actress to play Elvis and her.

Awickedreigndrop
07-25-2006, 05:49 AM
I've seen "Elvis and Me" and I happened to catch a part were they made like Elvis "Raped" Priscilla. :supriced: I know that he had his temper tantrums but I don't think that he would have done anything like that considering his upbringing. I don't know if this was in the book or not but when I seen this it really tore me apart. :'( By this I think she's sending out a very tainted image of Elvis out.

Menwithbrokenhearts
07-25-2006, 07:34 AM
I'm with Gayle and Dovey. Priscilla wasn't an innocent young girl when she met Elvis and she knew full well what life with him was going to entail. I think he had her number long before they married and that's why he had to be forced into marrying her. I think he cared for her but wasn't "in love" with her. As for her, I don't think she ever had any deep feelings for him at all. She may not be able to have deep feelings for anyone. She's too self-involved.

One thing that has stood out as totally hypocritical in Elvis By The Presley is Priscilla's mother continuing to say they tried to talk her out of a relationship with him. Sure, that's why they let their 14 year old go live with him at Graceland.....c'mon!

They actually talked Priscilla into it, pushed her so to speak. Priscilla was fascinated by Elvis and spent hours and hours playing "what if" games with her friend about him. She set out to meet him and convinced a friend/nightclub manager of Elvis's, Currie Grant, in Germany to set it up. He told her the kind of girl Elvis liked and they prepared her to meet him. She appeared to be demure, submissive and a virgin, sort of passive, when she met Elvis, not asking alot of questions or getting excited, just like she was told. It worked well, and Elvis was immediately smitten, especially after she convinced him she was a virgin, "unspoiled". According to her classmates, she was not any of these. They saw each other frequently as Priscilla came home later and later, sometimes the next morning. Priscialla's mother allowed it because she was living vacariously through her daughter. smitten herself with Elvis. Pris's step-dad (yeah he's not her real dad) was seeing dollar signs.

Elvis left Germany and proceeded to date other women make movies and music and occasionally string Priscilla along. She continued to play the role, and see many other people while pretending, with Elvis, to be pining away for him. According to many at her school she was sexually agressive with other boys. And these are not just guys she dated saying this. She got suspended one time for it.
All this is a far cry from the sweet innocent virgin girl pining away for Elvis for years until they got married, that she has created and pushed into the Elvis legacy.

Anyway, Elvis gets her to come to Las Vegas and she does, but gets a taste of "Life with Elvis" and comes home a bit dispirited and let down but still holding on to the fantasy Elvis. At one point in Vegas she gets her hair done up and Elvis tells her he hates it and sends her back upstairs to fix it, let it out, because he likes it long on her and down. She does, but when she gets home to Germany she is still so hurt by the episode that she cuts it all off short.

She seriously dates several other people and is hesitant to leave when Elvis tries to bring her out again. Her parents push her this time, and she breaks up with the football star she's dating to do it. She get's back in the role and stays in it this time with a different goal and attitude. To become a Presley at all costs. But, eventually, the true Priscilla starts to come out again.

Read "Child Bride", it's amazing. It has alot of evidence and supportive interviews to back it up and presents it against Priscilla's book and countless interviews she has done. Priscilla's story comes out unable to stand up and constantly contradicting itself over the years. She has been living lies since she was a child, long before she met Elvis. She knows no other way. It's a fascinating story. Someone should turn it into a movie. I would even recommend it to a non-Elvis fan. I'm pretty sure it is why she did the movie and Elvis by the Presleys last year.

ForeverTheKing
07-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks a lot for your post Menwithbrokenhearts!:notworthy

I haven't read that book but I'd like too...just to have another point of view of the facts.
Nobody can know the truth...only Cilla knows and she'll never tell it to us...but this is the poof there can be doubts about her "innocence".(y)
Of course Elvis got involved with her and I don't have doubt he can't be consider "the victim", but of course there's a lot more to know about Cilla....more than the image she still wants to show us.
I wonder what was her reaction to that book...:lmfao:

jak
07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Its all really a mute point because none of were there and we dont know the details of their lives.All we have is opinions based upon books and our perceptions.When you admire someone so greatly as we do Elvis we tend to erase any faults from our mind.As Elvis himself said the entertainer and man are two different things.Im sure most people would be shocked if they knew more intimate details about Elvis personal life.He was no choirboy.As far as her book Elvis And Me,who knows?Could be 100 % accurate.I dont know because I wasnt their but I dont think she painted such a horrible picture of Elvis.She may have been a savy 14 year old girl but I would bet Elvis had her beat in that department by the time the met.Im guessing Elvis would have been in the drivers seat when it came to impressionable 14 year old girls at the time.Once he left the army he could have dropped her but evidently he didnt want to.
Jak

Donut
07-25-2006, 01:05 PM
I still can?t understand how her parents let their 16 year old daughter move from Germany to Memphis with a rock star 10 years older than she. The only reason i can find is they had dollar signs in their eyes. (n)
Or would you let your children do that ?

ForeverTheKing
07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
I still can?t understand how her parents let their 16 year old daughter move from Germany to Memphis with a rock star 10 years older than she. The only reason i can find is they had dollar signs in their eyes. (n)
Or would you let your children do that ?

No...I totally agree!(y)

It's true that people got married early in the past but I can't understand why they let her go, especially because of her age and the fact Elvis wasn't a "normal" person.
They always tell they were really worried and they only tryed to make their daughter happy and I think that Elvis insisted a lot, of course...but it's hard for me to think something like this...if I had a daughter I couldn't do it, especially at that age.:P

Donut
07-25-2006, 01:33 PM
No...I totally agree!(y)

It's true that people got married early in the past but I can't understand why they let her go, especially because of her age and the fact Elvis wasn't a "normal" person.
They always tell they were really worried and they only tryed to make their daughter happy and I think that Elvis insisted a lot, of course...but it's hard for me to think something like this...if I had a daughter I couldn't do it, especially at that age.:P

You are right. You can?t control your children seeing people you don?t want them to befriend when they live in you own city and besides they always do what they want anyway, that?s life. But sending them yourself to another continent ????
Who are the Beaulieu family trying to fool ? Do they think we were born yesterday ?

joanne
07-25-2006, 05:22 PM
They actually talked Priscilla into it, pushed her so to speak. Priscilla was fascinated by Elvis and spent hours and hours playing "what if" games with her friend about him. She set out to meet him and convinced a friend/nightclub manager of Elvis's, Currie Grant, in Germany to set it up. He told her the kind of girl Elvis liked and they prepared her to meet him. She appeared to be demure, submissive and a virgin, sort of passive, when she met Elvis, not asking alot of questions or getting excited, just like she was told. It worked well, and Elvis was immediately smitten, especially after she convinced him she was a virgin, "unspoiled". According to her classmates, she was not any of these. They saw each other frequently as Priscilla came home later and later, sometimes the next morning. Priscialla's mother allowed it because she was living vacariously through her daughter. smitten herself with Elvis. Pris's step-dad (yeah he's not her real dad) was seeing dollar signs.

Elvis left Germany and proceeded to date other women make movies and music and occasionally string Priscilla along. She continued to play the role, and see many other people while pretending, with Elvis, to be pining away for him. According to many at her school she was sexually agressive with other boys. And these are not just guys she dated saying this. She got suspended one time for it.
All this is a far cry from the sweet innocent virgin girl pining away for Elvis for years until they got married, that she has created and pushed into the Elvis legacy.

Anyway, Elvis gets her to come to Las Vegas and she does, but gets a taste of "Life with Elvis" and comes home a bit dispirited and let down but still holding on to the fantasy Elvis. At one point in Vegas she gets her hair done up and Elvis tells her he hates it and sends her back upstairs to fix it, let it out, because he likes it long on her and down. She does, but when she gets home to Germany she is still so hurt by the episode that she cuts it all off short.

She seriously dates several other people and is hesitant to leave when Elvis tries to bring her out again. Her parents push her this time, and she breaks up with the football star she's dating to do it. She get's back in the role and stays in it this time with a different goal and attitude. To become a Presley at all costs. But, eventually, the true Priscilla starts to come out again.

Read "Child Bride", it's amazing. It has alot of evidence and supportive interviews to back it up and presents it against Priscilla's book and countless interviews she has done. Priscilla's story comes out unable to stand up and constantly contradicting itself over the years. She has been living lies since she was a child, long before she met Elvis. She knows no other way. It's a fascinating story. Someone should turn it into a movie. I would even recommend it to a non-Elvis fan. I'm pretty sure it is why she did the movie and Elvis by the Presleys last year.They wanted to turn it into a movie but Priscilla blocked it.
This business regarding Currie Grant has always bewildered me because he was the man Priscilla referred to in her book as "Kurt" the man who tried to rape her as he drove her home from seeing Elvis.
She said in her book that she told Elvis about this and he got rid of Currie.
This is obviously a lie because Currie is pictured with both Elvis and Priscilla just before he left to go back home to the States.
Why would she lie in Elvis and Me?
The only reason I can think is if any stories came out about her having sex with him then she could say he tried to rape her.
In 1961 Currie took some photographs of Priscilla to send back to the States for Elvis and in them she is laughing and joking with Currie. That is not the actions of someone who is in the company of a man who tried to rape her.
Elvis wouldn`t of asked him to take photos either.
There is a lot of deception about this and Priscilla has lied.
There were also pictures of her with other guys that were taken while she was still in Germany and Elvis was in America. There is nothing wrong with dating other people but Priscilla lied about it in her book and said she couldnt date anyone else as she was in love with Elvis even writing to him and saying "believe me theres no-one else"
Why hide it why not just tell the truth.
There are too many innacuracies in Priscilla`s version of events.

Here is an interview with the author of Child Bride Suzanne Finstad-

http://www.etopiamedia.net/embw/pages/embw8-5551212.html

graceland123
07-25-2006, 10:45 PM
i totally beleive childbride its a very good book and well sourced.
men have come forward who were astounded to find out they had nt been included in priscilla s book and couldnt undestand why she had excluded them and claimed she didnt have any other boyfriends after elvis left for the states.
currrie grant has always said that priscilla walked up to him and asked him to arrange a meeting with elvis and not the other way round that priscilla states
elvis should have let her go in 67 when he was being pressured by captain beaulieu to marry her but he and the colonel knew it would affect his career if beaulieu went to the press so the marriage was as elvis himself said in the taped red west telephone conversation in 1976 "railroaded through" .
i feel so sorry for elvis as he didnt know half of what was going on and was deceived so badly
he didnt use people for his own ends and trusted too many and thats why he got hurt so badly .

songs4u
07-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Menwithbrokenhearts wrote

It worked well, and Elvis was immediately smitten, especially after she convinced him she was a virgin, "unspoiled". According to her classmates, she was not any of these.

I read this somewhere, too.

I've heard recently about the book "Child Bride", and I'm going to read it.

I've read things said about her being so young when moving in with Elvis.

You know, being from the south I have family that started out early in marriages. My grandmother was married and pregnant at 14. But, that's the south. I think Elvis, the man, was thinking like a southern. Elvis, the "King of Rock 'n Roll" knew he had to protect his image because the rest of the world might not embrace this southern thinking. I don't think he was seeking out a 14 year old but, it just happens that's who he met up with. (I, personally, think he met her because of some planning on Miss Priss' part.)

The thing is, Miss Priss wasn't from this type of culture. I could understand her parents letting her go with Elvis when she was very young if they were living in that same culture. They were not. I have to wonder why they let her go. I mean, she could beg all she wanted about going to live with him but, we're talking about a under-age individual who's parents were still responsible for. I believe, (and, of course, this is my just my opinion) that if it had been just Elvis, the southern man they wouldn't have let her go. They let her go to Elvis, the celebrity superstar. (Or did they persuade her?)

I read things about Elvis being pressured into marrying her. I can see where that might be a fact. I wonder sometimes if she had been of age this whole time would he have chosen to marry her? Was he with her long enough to realize, maybe, he didn't want to marry her. Maybe, he really wanted to marry her, I don't know. Look at how long he was with Linda. They never married (although Linda says he wanted to marry her at the end). I've kind of thought if he wasn't already obligated in that situation with her he might have wed Ann Margaret.

Menwithbrokenhearts
07-26-2006, 05:45 AM

I read this somewhere, too.

I've heard recently about the book "Child Bride", and I'm going to read it.

I've read things said about her being so young when moving in with Elvis.

You know, being from the south I have family that started out early in marriages. My grandmother was married and pregnant at 14. But, that's the south. I think Elvis, the man, was thinking like a southern. Elvis, the "King of Rock 'n Roll" knew he had to protect his image because the rest of the world might not embrace this southern thinking. I don't think he was seeking out a 14 year old but, it just happens that's who he met up with. (I, personally, think he met her because of some planning on Miss Priss' part.)

The thing is, Miss Priss wasn't from this type of culture. I could understand her parents letting her go with Elvis when she was very young if they were living in that same culture. They were not. I have to wonder why they let her go. I mean, she could beg all she wanted about going to live with him but, we're talking about a under-age individual who's parents were still responsible for. I believe, (and, of course, this is my just my opinion) that if it had been just Elvis, the southern man they wouldn't have let her go. They let her go to Elvis, the celebrity superstar. (Or did they persuade her?)

I read things about Elvis being pressured into marrying her. I can see where that might be a fact. I wonder sometimes if she had been of age this whole time would he have chosen to marry her? Was he with her long enough to realize, maybe, he didn't want to marry her. Maybe, he really wanted to marry her, I don't know. Look at how long he was with Linda. They never married (although Linda says he wanted to marry her at the end). I've kind of thought if he wasn't already obligated in that situation with her he might have wed Ann Margaret.

I agree. My great grandmother was married and had her first child at 14. Maybe it is a thing in the south. I think Pris was 17 when she moved in. Alot of people have an image of a 14yr old, but that was when he met her. I also believe that he was backed into a corner by Pris's parents and the Colonel. Apparantely it was overheard that he promised the Bealieus that he would marry her if she came to live. You know how he was with promises, I mean look at the situation with the Colonel. He stuck with him to the bitter end. I think once they had him convinced he had to do it, they, as Elvis said, "Railroaded" it through before he changed his mind.

songs4u
07-26-2006, 07:33 AM

I agree. My great grandmother was married and had her first child at 14. Maybe it is a thing in the south. I think Pris was 17 when she moved in. Alot of people have an image of a 14yr old, but that was when he met her. I also believe that he was backed into a corner by Pris's parents and the Colonel. Apparantely it was overheard that he promised the Bealieus that he would marry her if she came to live. You know how he was with promises, I mean look at the situation with the Colonel. He stuck with him to the bitter end. I think once they had him convinced he had to do it, they, as Elvis said, "Railroaded" it through before he changed his mind.

I've heard and read so much about Elvis not being able to get out of the marriage. If he did promise Miss Priss' parents and then refused to do it they could have tried to ruin his reputation if they went to the press about it. Elvis tried to be respectful of his image for his fans. They could have screwed him up. I think the Colonel knew how badly they could have made things for Elvis. Elvis was the Colonel's golden goose so he certainly didn't want his reputation ruined. I've heard and read that he, too, put some pressure on Elvis.

I doesn't matter what we hear or read. It seems Miss Priss and her parents are the only ones alive now that really know. And you know what they're going to say. The same story as her book "Elvis and Me" and the "Elvis, by the Bealieus, I mean Presleys" show.

Joe Car
07-26-2006, 04:50 PM
What I don't like is the fact that when everybody and their brother was hammering EP, through countless books, Priscilla was piling on also. Now, don't get me wrong, she has also done some very positive things as well. Her effort to keep Graceland cannot be taken for granted and has to be appreciated by us fans. Still, there's no doubt she's definitely benefitted from the Presley name, tenfold!

MISSCLAWDY
07-26-2006, 05:30 PM
oh yeah, you can say that!!

Menwithbrokenhearts
07-27-2006, 06:00 AM

I doesn't matter what we hear or read. It seems Miss Priss and her parents are the only ones alive now that really know. And you know what they're going to say. The same story as her book "Elvis and Me" and the "Elvis, by the Bealieus, I mean Presleys" show.

You bet that's what they'll do. They are bound and determined to keep Priscilla's story as the "truth" preserved forever in the Elvis legacy. I do, however, hope and pray that won't be the case. Why doesn't she just come clean, admit the truth, and be done with it. "The Truth will set you free". It's not going to hurt her income at this point, she'll still use the name and it's got to be a serious burden carrying all those lies and secrets around. Then again, she could be in total denial now and actually starting to believe her own stories.

jak
07-27-2006, 02:20 PM
How does anybody who wasnt their know what the truth is?None of us here know her or knew Elvis Im guessing.We dont know what the truth is.We only guess and have opinions.
Jak

ForeverTheKing
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
How does anybody who wasnt their know what the truth is?None of us here know her or knew Elvis Im guessing.We dont know what the truth is.We only guess and have opinions.
Jak

I totally agree!;)
We can only talk about their past because nobody knows the truth...but we can judge Cilla's behaviour after his death and make an opinion..this is what I don't like in her, more than her choices during their relationship.(n)

jak
07-27-2006, 06:53 PM
What is the truth?

songs4u
07-28-2006, 12:29 AM
I, too, think Elvis might have chosen a different path in marriage if he had not already put himself under some verbal obligation concerning Miss Pris.

Her family or anyone that knew what was going on and wanted to - could have ruined him. The public as a whole would never have understood their relationship before their marriage and he knew it.

I, think Miss Pris used a cunning naive-acting image to set her manipulation in action. When the movie "Elvis and Me" began with scenes of her as a young girl I could see what she was right away. If she had never met Elvis Presley and someone had shown me those home movies I could have told you the type person she would turn out to be. I have a cousin just like her and, man, does she know how to work it. She gets whatever she wants from whomever she wants whenever she wants. The same with Miss Pris.

jak
07-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I dont mean to sound to caustic but by the time Elvis met Pris he was used to hanging out with groupies,vegas stippers and hollywood starlets.No 14 year old girl played him believe me.She got played right along with her parents.Elvis was in the drivers seat the whole way.
Jak

MISSCLAWDY
07-28-2006, 11:35 AM
The truth is he was having second thoughts about the marriage. The Colonel however was being reminded of his promises to her by her parents. The Colonel reminded him of what happened to Jerry Lee. also telling him he got himself in this situation. He was torn, because of what could happen, and also because he did care. He was also torn because he had found a new love interest. So, he felt he had to do what was right.
i completely agree with you!

Dovey
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I dont mean to sound to caustic but by the time Elvis met Pris he was used to hanging out with groupies,vegas stippers and hollywood starlets.No 14 year old girl played him believe me.She got played right along with her parents.Elvis was in the drivers seat the whole way.
Jak

You have your right to your opinion, but I think you are way off the mark on this one jak.... Silly Cilla knew what she was doing and so did her parents.

Elvis did not want to marry her.. he loved her like a little sister.. don't know of anybody that would want to marry their sister... yes it is to bad that he didn't relize it earlier and to bad that Parker didn't leave him alone to make up his mind if he wanted to marry her.

(Yep, that is just my opinion!!!) Have a great day. dovey ;)

Diane
07-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I agree with Dovey 100%. Elvis may have been involved with groupies, starlets and vegas showgirls before he met Priscilla but he was always naive, immature and certainly not worldly-wise. Priscilla had no trouble at all pulling a fast one over him. I think he caught on long before he married her but couldn't get out of it.

Donut
07-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I wasn?t there to know for sure but i?m human like they are and you can?t deny that when you are in love you don?t have other affairs like they both had constantly ( one of them more than the other ) so i don?t think they loved each other like man and woman. One thing is to have affection for someone and another very diferent being in love. And i guess that?s what happened to Elvis but he had to consider another aspects of the situation and felt obliged to keep his word.

Diane
07-29-2006, 03:47 PM
How could Priscilla expect love and devotion from someone she forced to marry her? All a stituation like that causes is resentment of being trapped and it's not right to play with someone else's life like that.

I never understood women who played that game - trapping a man in this way or by getting themselves pregnant. What decent woman would want a man who really didn't want her????

On the subject of infidelity both were certainly in the wrong but I can understand Elvis' viewpoint more. God knows he was trapped enough by not being able to live a normal life in public.

Dovey
07-30-2006, 02:35 AM
I agree with you 100% Diane... it is only common sence.. I often wonder why people can not see that:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Dovey ;)

Diane
07-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks Dovey. I've gotten tired of this Priscilla thread but it occured to me that Priscilla herself should have made the decision to leave Graceland once things started turning sour between her and Elvis and let him off the hook concerning the marriage. She was the only one who had the power to do it but she just had to be known as Mrs. Elvis Presley as evident by her still going by that name today after the divorce.

I guess if she had left Graceland she wouldn't have had all the money for clothes etc. and all the surgeries.........she's not a person of principal that's for sure.

Diane
07-30-2006, 03:17 PM
I just re-read my post with the statement about women who trap men by getting pregnant and I have to say in all fairness that there is a difference in "accidently" getting pregnant and those who do it deliberately to "trap a man". I realized how cruel my post could be and I apologize in case it applies to anyone out there.

Cherokee
07-31-2006, 12:31 PM
I've said it all before, many times over. The woman wouldn't know the truth if it slapped her in her botoxed face. Thanks so much for these links and this thread, Joanna. You've got her pegged. Too bad there's still folks out there, including on this board, who are not on to her yet, despite the overload of evidence.

Here's what I said before on other threads:

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963

Do you mean somebody've told Elvis:get married!I do not think so-he was adult!If he didnt want to get married,he would not have done it.

Weeeeelllll, it's much more complicated than that, of course. He was kind of blackmailed into going ahead with the marriage to Pris because they could always publicize that he had been seeing her since she was just a few months shy of 15 and he had just turned 25. She was jailbait, baby! and in - especially - the America of the late fifties/sixties that could totally ruin one's career. I mean: you DO remember the Jerry Lee Lewis debacle, don't you?

Besides, Pris' parents were going to hold Elvis to the "promise" he'd made to the teenage Pris, because they'd after all "let him have her" when they allowed her to move to Graceland in her senior year of high school (when she of course STILL was jailbait).

I always have had mixed feelings regarding Pris (and Lisa Marie for that matter. But then she has going for her that she's partially the product of the brainwashing by mommy dearest ).

Fact is that Pris - and not Elvis as she always claims in her book and all her public appearances - was the one who kept trying to get in contact with him, while he was having fun back in Hollywood with tons of starlets and in Memphis with his girlfriend Anita Wood After her continuous phone calls he finally gave in to the little girl and invited her over for two weeks and the rest is history. She went on a hungerstrike, refused to go to school unless she could go and be with Elvis..... Also, she didn't move permanently to Memphis until she was 16 (and not the publicly held opinion of 13), and then for the first year lived with Elvis's dad and his stepmom, before gradually moving into the main house, Graceland......
If you read her story, Pris was the perfect saint and Elvis the devil incarnate I always thought she was quite the sophisticated and scheming little 14 year old! And history repeated itself in their daughter, who dropped out of school in the ninth grade and had many boyfriends and a drug past before she got pregnant at barely twenty and got married with her then beau.....Now Lisa was predominantly raised by her mom, so you can't blame Elvis for that
What always totally irked me about Pris is that when she was freshly divorced from Elvis, she couldn't wait to drop the name "Presley" insisting in interviews in print and in person that she "was her own person" who wanted to prove her independence and reclaim her own identity by being known henceforth as "Priscilla Beaulieu". The body was hardly cold, or she became "Priscilla Beaulieu-Presley" and the longer time had passed since his death, she returned to being known as "Priscilla Presley". There are legions of people (even in the media!) who still think she is Elvis' WIDOW instead of his EX, whose only connection to the original estate was that she was the single heir's legal guardian!!!!
Did she do good for Elvis' inheritance as far as the memory and the physical (monetary) estate goes? Yes, of course. She increased the finances by hiring the right folks who set out the right strategies as far as making the image and name of Elvis a continued source of income for his heirs. Did she also do it, as she always publicly claims, "for the fans"? No, of course not. That's why EPE allows so much incredible crap to be sold with the EPE stamp of approval. Everybody involved with EPE knows that Elvis' fans are so loyal and (often) so desparate for anything remotely linked to Elvis, that they're almost prepared to (literally) buy anything....... Pris' loyalty is to the almighty US dollar before anything (everybody who saw her at the end of Oprah, pimping the Elvis musical "All shook Up" will acknowledge that).
Having said that, I found Pris (except for her horribly over botoxed and siliconed face) more likeable on Oprah than Lisa Marie. For the first time I saw a glimpse of honesty that was refreshing in its nakedness. Especially the moment where she admitted she was only able to "let Lisa go" two short years ago, was telling and funny.
Lisa, however, for all her cursing, posing and "openness" (is that even a word?) to me always comes across as somebody who is playing a part and therefore, couldn't be farther removed from her dad (especially in his early years) in that respect.

Sorry for the long, very personal, post. These two chicks just get under my skin.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=4

probably the host party was for her, she celebrated her birthday 24 may and today it's her lisa's daughter birthday she is 16 so i guess they are having a party, and by the way who cares, i don't understand how people elvis fans can talk with hate about lisa marie or even her kids that they don't have nothing to deal with these .

Awww, still so young. As far as I understand your mixed up post, we don't "hate" ms. Beaulieu or her daughter, we're just a bit fed up with their version of history. But, as I said: you're still young, you'll learn with time where those sentiments come from (if you study the right source material) and you'll probably end up seeing the light. Enjoy your journey

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=4
PRISCILLA'S JUNE 22 APPEARANCE ON LARRY KING LIVE

I can't find it either

Whats Priscilla been saying,Cherokee ?

A lot of nonsense, as usual. Here's part of the transcript that was about Scientology and what Elvis, according to Ms. Beaulieu, thought about it:

KING: You are a Scientologist.
PRESLEY: I am.
KING: Gets you a lot of raps around. Tom Cruise takes rap for it. Why?
PRESLEY: I don't know. It's doing great, though. Business is great. Any -- you know, I think -- it's a new religion. You know, it's only 50 years old and any great religion, you know is, basically, for some reason that, you know, has a...
KING: Has it helped you?
PRESLEY: Absolutely. Absolutely.
KING: Was Elvis very much into religion?
PRESLEY: Oh, my gosh, yes, you know, from the time he was a very young child, he was, you know...
KING: Was he a believer?
PRESLEY: A believer in...?
KING: Did he believe in god?
PRESLEY: Oh, yes. That was really the foundation that he had -- in our families. His mother and father would go to church, the Assembly of God Church and they'd, you know, sing and it was just -- a part of his life. Absolutely.
KING: What do you think he would have thought of Scientology?
PRESLEY: Well, you know, he was interested in Scientology. He actually went in and it was very, very new back then, and you know, he -- it's -- there's a -- you know, if you saw the special, it he talked about him being in self-realization. It takes a -- it's a long process.
It's not something you just go and, you know, just attend. You have to really work on yourself and he wanted things very quickly, and when he found out he had to really work for it, you know, it was like, well, I'll come back.
KING: I knew L. Ron Hubbard, so...
PRESLEY: Oh, really?
KING: I interviewed him when he wrote science-fiction books in the 60s.
PRESLEY: Oh, I didn't know that.

The entire transcript can be found HERE (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/22/lkl.01.html)

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=5

Boy, there are some very harsh statements here.

I really don't think Priscilla is the ogre that some make her out to be. OK, she has benefited from having been married to Elvis and being the mother of his only child, but haven't we benefited as well? She primarily opened Graceland to the public so it wouldn't need to be sold. Lisa publicly thanked her for that on EBTP.....just cast your minds back to 1977...what if Elvis had married Ginger......God forbid that her family had their claws into the estate......Someone has made a comment that Priscilla should look in the mirror before she makes a comment on how Elvis looked before he died.....Priscilla is now 60, Elvis was only 42, and although he didn't look too bad, he certainly wasn't the Elvis of just a couple of years before. To the married ladies of the board.....would you have stayed married to a man who blatently had affairs in every town he visited, then came home and expected you to be there with the children, and be the dutiful wife? I certainly wouldn't.....I'm sure at the beginning of the marriage, Priscilla went into it fully expecting Elvis to be faithful, she was still only young and inexperienced. We all know that not very often its 'we all lived happily ever after'.....I don't know what Elvis expected, I don't know what Priscilla expected....and we will never know.....the only thing that I know for certain, is that I am very grateful there is a Graceland that I can visit, there is still music from Elvis Presley that I can listen to.

Wow, I missed this post the first time around.

To start with the "question to the married ladies" first: Priscilla, young as she may have been when she met Elvis, was NOT as naieve as she wants the planet to believe. As a matter of fact, SHE started out as "the other woman", because Elvis was more or less officially involved with Anita Wood back home, and with several other girls in Germany.
After she moved into Graceland there were more than one instance where she was confronted with Elvis' "unfaithfullness", even though she was not yet married to him and could really not "claim" him as hers and hers alone:rolleyes:
Of course she may be one of those women who think they can change a man. Still, she had SEVEN years before they tied the knot, and obviously hadn't managed to change him yet. So, what made her stay and what made her marry him anyway if she was already feeling so betrayed? Love? Hmmm, me thinks that was just ONE of the reasons.

Has she done much to maintain Elvis' legacy: yes and no. Surely she's kept media attention on him, but I feel the real Elvis somehow got lost in all the hoopla. Much of the Graceland or EPE merchandise really obscure the true memory of Elvis, her and Lisa's version of "life with Elvis" CERTAINLY obscures the truth about Elvis because it is so biased to especially Pris' point of view, brainwashed into Lisa's "memory".

So, in conclusion, is she bad or good? I think Priscilla has lost the primary course in her journey: without Elvis, nobody would ever have known about Priscilla, yet these days she has denegrated Elvis' memory to that of a bit player. In her version of history Elvis pursued HER, begged HER to marry him, only loved HER as his TRUE LOVE, and SHE and SHE ALONE could save the Presley legacy from utter downfall and oblivion. She is taking her self designed role of her being the "guardian angel" of all that is Elvis so seriously that she doesn't even seem to mind relegating the man that has been in her life far longer than Elvis, Marco Garibaldi, and insisting on presenting herself as if she was Elvis' WIDOW, rather than his ex-wife......
I really don't know whether to respect Garibaldi or to pity him. I hope he is an extremely secure and strong man, because the other possibility could be that he's totally under Pris' thumb......

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=10

I don't disagree on one level, if you are looking for hollywood fake smiles and a plastic look! then she looks great I have no doubt that old prissy has used one of the top surgeons in town, look closely and I mean real closely does she look natural?......... About as natural as Joan Rivers there is no real expression on her face. It's a shame because she was pretty before she went under the knife IMHO

Matt

I read a great quote on her current looks on another MB:

"The embalmer did a great job. She looks almost life like".:lmfao:
And yes, the whole Priscilla "Presley" thing is so horrendously wrong. Not just because she's not his widow, but his ex who left him - and not the other way around. But because of the man she has been with for about 20 years now, the son they have together. How must it feel to have your significant other/mother continuously seeking media attention and speaking greatly of a man she left long ago and who's been dead for close to 30 (THIRTY!!!!!!!) years now? How must it feel to be in the shadow of a corpse? How must it feel to have your significant other/mother calling herself not by your last name? It's like she never ever had any other man, let alone child, after 1973!!!!!!!!:angry:

I agree too!!!
This is one of the biggest contradictions of that woman I was talking about...and this is a big lack of respect towards her new family! I'd be curious to know what is her explanation to them about this choice to keep that surname....no comment!

Unfortunately I don't doubt that there's a silent agreement in the Garibaldi household that dear DEAD "uncle" Elvis allows them to still live a very comfortable life. Let's face it> Elvis is the breadwinner in that family!:angry:

And I guess that, whether begrudgingly or without complaint, Garibaldi does enable it, to some extend.......I guess when one becomes accustomed to a certain lifestyle, one agrees easier with certain sacrifices such as being publicly ignored by your significant other......

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=12
Okay, now I'm REALLY in the mood to cuss, but I'll tone it down cos there may be kids frequenting this site.:angry:

1) Did you see her photo? Imagine finding that zombie between your sheets?
2) She thinks OTHER biographers come to writing a book about Elvis "with an agenda"??????? Why, that :cursing: :censored: :wallbash:

I'm sorry, this woman not only looks worse the older she gets, she becomes more devious, too.

If she takes her charade even further, I can see her renewing her wedding vows to Elvis' tombstone now that Marco is out of the way, just to justify her title "Elvis' widow":rolleyes:

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=12

Just saw a couple of video clips of her showing off Graceland to ET and commenting on the Historical Landmark thing. Maybe I'm being too picky but referring to everything as "ours" and telling everyone that this is preserved exactly as Elvis left it sort of pisses me off. :angry:

I just viewed the two clips on ET Online. This woman is lying through her teeth and they let her get away with it. "Family diners EVERY NIGHT.....", "we ALWAYS.....", :"Elvis watched Lisa practice THE FIFTH OF BEETHOVEN on the piano.....he came downstairs and heard her play and it was really something.....":jawdrop:

When would that have been? She left Graceland when she was four!!!!!!!! Elvis was on tour most of the time!!!!!!!!!!!! And Priscilla barely set a foot back in Graceland after the separation!!!!!!!!! And she just happened to witness this tender moment??????? Has anyone seen Lisa anywhere near a piano, at any time?????????? Is she capable of playing anything more than chopsticks?????????
God, this woman is uttering total fabrications and the media seem to just eat it up with a spoon. What the hell is wrong with everybody??????? You can tell she's a Scientologist, I mean, Tom Cruise's impending "baby" .... say no more....... They really live in a different dimension.(n)

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=13

It was absolutely disgraceful that Lisa wasn`t there.
There is no excuse whatsoever for her not to be there.
Then people wonder why we don`t like her, go figure.
She hasn`t done a **** thing for the fans.

As much as I dislike Lisa and find her to be an unattractive, untalented, troubled and lost person, the only thing I DO feel is a burden to her are her father's expecting fans. With that I mean that many Elvis fans expect her to preach the gospel of Elvis, any time, anywhere. I can appreciate that she wishes to be her own person.
But THAT'S exactly where she went wrong in her life's choices.

So many huge stars from movies and music had children, who chose a life outside of the limelight, married regular people and held regular jobs.
But Lisa's life and lifestyle, contrary to all her remarks regarding her "not wanting to be the center of attention" and her (not unlike her mother ) "wanting to be her own person, do her own thing" proves that she made all the wrong choices.
OF ALL JOB POSSIBILITIES she decided she wants to be a singer....
If she really, truly, wished to do her own thing and live a "normal" life, she could've chosen an alias and could have become a writer. "Mary Lou Aaronson's new book of poetry" could be on the bestseller list. It would be a great gimmick, "the mystery author"....
If she really, truly, wished to do her own thing and live a "normal" life, she could've continued marrying regular (if not fellow Scientologists) guys - or stuck with one for a change, but no, she moved from Michael Jackson to Nicholas Cage, and the guys in between were all struggling musicians with their own - be it small - following.
Because of her apparent need for some degree of limelight, she's created her own pitfall that causes some of her father's fans to want to see (and hear, lord have mercy:vomit: ) more from her.

And no, I don't buy statements from certain contingents of Elvis fans like "her daddy would be so proud of her", or "she has her daddy's talent", "daddy's little girl", who LOVE all her "music", who applaud every thing she says and does, apparently - although they'll always deny it - because she's related to Elvis, his only - known - child, but no, I wholeheartedly disagree. I think Elvis might have been amused by her, had he not been related to her, and probably commented on her like "that's one ditzy/far-out chick". Elvis wasn't all that charmed by promiscuous women, and his daughter sure turned out to be one. I don't think she's talented, I question many of her choices, and no, at nearly forty, she's definitely past the stage of being referred to as "daddy's little girl", gimme a break!
If you visit her official site, you can see that since her latest wedding was in the making, her own input in the site came to a screeching halt. As far as I know, her OFFICIAL site still hasn't officially made any statement regarding her marriage. To me that kinda implies disrespect to her own - blindly adoring, for reasons absolutly oblivious to me - fans.

I think it would be best for her if she stuck to one choice: limelight or not. Wanna be a "singer", do videoclips, "concerts", "tours" etc. make sure you're up for the downside on that> long time away from home, planning in time to return something to your fanbase aside from "performing" for them for big bucks and selling them merchandise (again for big bucks), getting media attention even at times when you don't want it.
You want to do your own thing and have a normal, private, life> you don't HAVE to pretend to be a singer or star, or celeb. Your only, legitimate, claim to fame is your famous last name. In that, you really don't differ that much from Paris Hilton, except she's even more an attention ***** and in her case the famous name comes from her GRANDfather. But you "sing" about as badly as she does. And if it weren't for your or Paris' famous last name, nobody would have given you record deals, asked you for fashion shoots (really, at 5'3"??? :rolleyes: ) or heck, might not even have found it interesting - publicity wise - to marry you.

In other words, she wants her cake and eat it too. As much as I can understand her not wishing to be associated with certain parts of the Elvis fandom, I do feel she owes more respect to the people who essentially, let's face it, allow her and her plastic mom to live like Queens.

Hi Guys...

A lot of interesting opinions here about Prisilla Presley.

Its hard to know really, I do think though that it is good that she has
done a good job with Elvis Presley Enterprises and the DVDs of the Comeback
special and Aloha from Hawaii were excellent.

I really think Elvis loved her..... Elvis had a choice, no one forced Elvis into
anything.. marraige included. He was the one who convinced her parents to
let her come over in the first place and he spent years living with her before
they got married....so if he had no feelings for her he would not have married
her. She put up with a lot in fairness, Elvis hundred-timed her!She had an
affair with Mike Stone but you would not blame her...after all whats good for the goose..... no one woman would have ever been enough for him, thats the way he was....
The memphis mafia have often said that on tour they did'nt consider themselves
married that only the wives wer'e married.
I'm not saying Prisillas perfect or anything, but it is very easy to judge..... no ones
perfect....not even Elvis was, he had a lot of faults to go along with the magic....
and thats why I love him......he was human and people can relate to him....

Just my opinion.....
Trevor .......a huge Elvis fan,,,,,

Hi Trev,

Like I said before in an earlier post> don't forget Priscilla started out as "the other woman". Anita Wood was the steady lady in his life, be it at a distance overseas, when Pris entered the scene. Loooooooong before Graceland and marriage entered her world, she was totally aware of Elvis' philandering. She used to hate it as a teenager to know he was going out (and more) with many of his co-stars and starlets. Yes, she was young, but I tend to disagree with people who take her on her word when she says she was naive. Just my opinion.

This one really makes ya wanna barf. You're warned for high crap levels:angry:

At 'Home' with Priscilla in Graceland!

March 27, 2006

By Jann Carl (Etertainment Tonight)

I'm blogging you as I sit in the Memphis airport ready to return home to my family in Los Angeles. PRISCILLA PRESLEY -- what a woman, what an interview, what an experience.

I have interviewed Priscilla on several occasions, but on this trip, with Graceland being named a historical landmark, Priscilla was more open and relaxed than I've ever seen her. Perhaps it is because she was surrounded by family, friends and Graceland employees who have been there for decades; perhaps it's because LISA MARIE has found love and married a man she adores; or perhaps it's because that, 28 years after his death, Priscilla still feels ELVIS PRESLEY's spirit in the house that they shared as man and wife.

I didn't know what to expect when I entered Graceland for my private tour of the house with Priscilla. After all, when you hear "national landmark," you think cold or stuffy. Not at all. I felt like I was walking into a home -- like Elvis himself was giving me a big hug. It was so inviting, so warm.

Actually, as our crew set up for our interview, I hung out in Elvis' kitchen. It was fun listening to the stories of life with "The King." Elvis actually had two night cooks because he would be awake at all hours and he'd want to eat. We limited our snacks to cheese, crackers and M&M's ... not the fried banana sandwiches Elvis was so famous for craving!

Priscilla and I talked about the memories -- both good and bad. You have to realize, that she was basically plucked from childhood and thrown into the crazy circus that was Elvis' life. Priscilla was just 14 when she met Elvis. She married him just before her 22nd birthday and moved into Graceland. She came to call this fourteen-acre estate home. And, sitting with her, in Graceland, you feel that she is home.

You know, she decided to open Graceland years ago out of necessity. She says that everyone told her not to do it. But, her loving tribute to the late Elvis Presley, the millions who have come to visit over the years and how much it means to Elvis fans around the world and to keeping his legacy alive, has proven that it was a right call. Now, to have the Secretary of the Interior, GALE NORTON, name Graceland a national historic landmark means the world to Priscilla.

A little added info for you, my ET Online friends: I asked Priscilla if she'll act again. We haven't seen her on television or the big screen in an acting role since her "Spin City" guest spot in 1999. Well, good news; Priscilla is open to acting again ... as long as it's the right role. She said she is looking for a drama.

Oh, and another bit of gossip for you ... as for "Dallas" the movie. Priscilla does not like that idea at all. You might recall she rocked the long-running primetime soap as Jenna Wade from 1983 to 1988. She told me that it was so perfect for the time and she doesn't think it will play well with today's audiences.

The brainwashing and re-writing of history by ignorants like Jann Carl who obviously hasn't done her homework is mindboggling! :cursing:

And more:

http://www.presleyspride.com/etinsider.wmv
"The house that Elvis built" Even the biggest ***** knows that Elvis BOUGHT Graceland, and didn't build it:!:

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=14

I agree with you totally. It is like she is making it up on the spot to , in her mind, put herself into a more authorative role. I noticed they cut her off when she started rambling in one interview. I think some of that collagen might have slipped into her blood stream and invaded her brain.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/BUDSTAMPER/VARIOUS/55ffea0e.gif
She's probably planning another book because Linda's busy with hers and it's a fact that Linda has stated publicly that after the DIVORCE Priscilla wasn't around at Graceland very often, that Lisa visited there alone and was traveling there alone.....

I know people aren't going to like this but....... Graceland is home to Priscilla!!! because she has redecorated after Elvis died to how she likes it. The fact that Graceland is Lisa's and she has little interest makes it Priscilla's.

I truly look forward to Linda Thomson writing her autobiography as this will perhaps put some myths to rest. Linda has always kept her own council and has always acted with dignity. Priscilla has all but re-written Elvis' last years alive and convienently erased any traces of Linda. One can only hope that Linda sets the record straight because Linda was Elvis common law wife for five years and if anyone has the right to feel widowed it is Linda! (Ginger just doesn't count).

Matt

You know, Matt, you're right. Due to Priscilla's interferance with truth, reality and history, Elvis really HAS left the building - Graceland. Due to her manipulating of the facts, she has removed Elvis' spirit, his essence, from the one place that was a safe haven to him. It's criminal, really. The product that she's selling may be called "Elvis", but that's all it has in common with the real man and artist that he was.:!:

Speaking solely for myself> I don't hate Lisa Marie. I pity her.
She seems unbalanced to me.
She thinks - and to a certain extent she unfortunately is right about that, because there are scores of Elvis fans who wish to see and hear Elvis in her (nobody notices she's not just genetically influenced by her dad, but, like all Elvis wannabes, by his performances and movies on VHS and DVD as well ) or has been brainwashed to think she is talented enough to pull off a career in showbiz. Well, she is NOT.
She's living proof that talent is not hereditary.
Any person with a sense of reality would then either seriously work on himself to improve, or change careers.
It's true that she doesn't owe Elvis fans anything, I agree.
But Elvis fans and the rest of the world don't owe her either to automatically find everything she says or does wonderful, or agreeable (sp).
As an artist, she's way below average, interesting facial expressions or hand gestures, or wardrobe, or famous last name, aside.
Had her last name been anything else but Presley (or any other famous name like Hilton) then nobody in their right mind would have signed a deal with her.
Is it unfair to criticize her? No, she's an adult, she puts herself out there, she has a clear example of her dad's that once in the limelight, your bound to become a target, fair or not.
Is it unfair to compare her to her dad? If one does so, then yes.
I don't compare her with her father because she's not even of the same species, as an artist, so there's no use to compare her to him or any other, truly talented, professional, and even amateur, singer.
I criticize her while comparing her to ordinary people that I know and have heard singing WAY, WAY better than her, whose profession isn't even singing. There's scores of amateur singers out there who put her to shame. No need to compare her to her dad to make the point that she can't sing.:!:

Earlier quote of mine about Lisa Marie below.

The point is that if she TRULY wished not to be compared to her dad, she would not have chosen the exact same profession, despite the fact that she can't sing if her life depends on it http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-015.gif
She could have put her lyrics in a book and called herself a poet, or just written stuff down in a book and call herself an author. Or she could have picked a gazillion of other professions, yet she chose the exact same thing her dad did.
Also she's really unbelievable when she says stuff like she did on Oprah, that she doesn't like to be the center of attention and that she did not go to red carpet occassions like every opening of an envelope: she chose to do fashion photo shoots, pose for US glossies, date famous men and ultimately go on stage herself..... not really actions of a person who doesn't want to have attention focused on her There are tons of celeb's kids who have very full lives and careers well outside the public eye, she could have done that too, easily..... I suspect the fact that she and Pris are out there so much is fueled by economic interests .... keeping Elvis (and thus the cash register) on the forefront.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4963&page=15

Quote:
PRISCILLA PRESLEY blames divided loyalties on the breakdown of her marriage to rock 'n' roll king ELVIS PRESLEY, revealing the birth of their daughter made it "too difficult" to support him fully.
The 60-year-old actress admits she was consumed by her husband's fame and hectic lifestyle, and after LISA MARIE was born in 1968 she found it increasingly difficult to balance being his wife with motherhood.
She says, "He (Elvis) was always the first, he was the first of everything he did. I lost my identity to an extent. Anyone can get lost in that world. When Lisa Marie came I felt like I was serving two masters. I stopped travelling with him but it was still very difficult. He was very demanding.
contactmusic.com

In conclusion:
Pris DID drop the Presley name officially right after the divorce, only to take it back AFTER Elvis' death. And now she complains about being "stuck" to it? (I have to censor myself here, but you can imagine what I'd like to call her)
She changed so many facts in Elvis' history, especially pertaining to her role in it, that for her sake I hope she documented it all. She wouldn't want to get caught in a LIE now would she?

Dovey
07-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Diane, Your post does not sound cruel at all.... it is the truth!!!!!!!!

Some books imply that she did know what she was doing and did make sure that the trap was well set!! We will never know the truth but anything is possible.

You point was well taken here.. Dovey ;) (y) (y) (y)

jak
07-31-2006, 03:33 PM
I guess Im one of those on the board who hasnt caught on to Priscilla yet.I just cant blame her for "forcing" Elvis into marriage.Everybody wants to blame her or Parker for all of Elvis' problems while Elvis went through life in his naive childlike state unaware of what was happening around him.Im going to give Elvis more credit than that.Right up until he died he would have taken her back.He would tell Mama Pauline that he asked her back but she just wouldnt do it.Again why do you think Vernon asked for her help after Elvis passed?Because he trusted her.If she was so evil he would not have asked for her help.Please people dont act like you know what happened in germany 40 years ago.We know what we read in books and thats what the author wants you to believe.Dont blame her for making money off Elvis.Who was there that hasnt done it?Please name them for me.Elvis the man is long gone and his name is nothing more than a business now and has been for a long time.I dont always like it but its just good old fashioned american capitalism.Im not saying she is an angel but I dont think she's a devil either.
Jak

elvislady
07-31-2006, 03:45 PM
I guess Im one of those on the board who hasnt caught on to Priscilla yet.I just cant blame her for "forcing" Elvis into marriage.Everybody wants to blame her or Parker for all of Elvis' problems while Elvis went through life in his naive childlike state unaware of what was happening around him.Im going to give Elvis more credit than that.Right up until he died he would have taken her back.He would tell Mama Pauline that he asked her back but she just wouldnt do it.Again why do you think Vernon asked for her help after Elvis passed?Because he trusted her.If she was so evil he would not have asked for her help.Please people dont act like you know what happened in germany 40 years ago.We know what we read in books and thats what the author wants you to believe.Dont blame her for making money off Elvis.Who was there that hasnt done it?Please name them for me.Elvis the man is long gone and his name is nothing more than a business now and has been for a long time.I dont always like it but its just good old fashioned american capitalism.Im not saying she is an angel but I dont think she's a devil either.
Jak
i agree with you give the woman a break. elvislady

binoreisen
07-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Jak

I do agree 100 percent thank you

buttonhead
07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Guys and gals... I think that we should stop putting Cilla on this forum...first she dont deserve it... second this is ELVIS forum... those who dislike Cilla like I do.. we should get over it... talk about good things are better...dontcha think so ??:king:

EnigmaticSun
07-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh, give us a break for a moment - Priscilla may have been just 14 when they first met, but Elvis was no sexual predator. I guess that it wasn't at all so unusual in the South to hang out with a younger girl - it's just that a lot of neo-conservatism has pulled a blinder over our eyes. Of course human relationships don't always exactly follow the law, which is a human institution after all.

Besides, she was no toddler when Elvis died, but a supposedly grown up mother - an opinion should not be formed by only focusing on her being just 14 when they first met.

Just my humble opinion, anyway you look at it. I think it takes a lot of energy to hate, but I do know that Priscilla can be cold.

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Guys and gals... I think that we should stop putting Cilla on this forum...first she dont deserve it... second this is ELVIS forum... those who dislike Cilla like I do.. we should get over it... talk about good things are better...dontcha think so ??:king:

I disagree. It's all part of the life and legacy of Elvis Presley. We all have thoughts, opinions, read books, heard rumours. It's good to talk it out. As far as Priscilla deserving it, if she hadn't contradicted herself and caused all types of negative influences in the Elvis world. It might be a different story. Then, again maybe not, she did marry Elvis and is part of the whole thing. She chose to continue with the Presley name and be a part of the business of Elvis. So she chose to be in the spotlight, ie... under a microscope. Albeit, I still think so many Elvis fans wouldn't be so critical if she had just come clean and let the story of Elvis write itself. Of course, there are many others attempting to rewrite it too.

Cherokee
08-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Jak

How do you presume to know Vernon trusted Priscilla? Simply because her name got on his will as executor in case he should die before Lisa became of age? That's not a case of trust, but of common sense, since she - as her mother - simply happened to be Lisa's guardian. Vernon was not an educated man and his actions in the past show that he did not always make the right choices for and by Elvis, when HE was still under age.
None of us are "claiming to know what happened in Germany 40 years ago". We don't have to. Plenty of people who WERE there, or who were parties in the events, have shone their light on the events that took place. Anyone with half a brain can construct a more realistic version of what truly happened than the sanitized, fantasized version that Ms. Beaulieu has been re-writing over the past 40 years. Because THAT is easy to check: her versions of "the truth" have changed through the decades, which is what makes it so incredible that people (apparently you are one of them) like newer/younger fans, choose not to delve into history and do some research of their own, but rather pick up the "latest edition" of Elvis "history".
What those of us who openly critisize Ms. Beaulieu want to do is to keep these newer generations informed about history as it really was, or as closely to what it really was, not the non-facts, altered facts, incorrect time-lines, fables and historically impossible crap that the Beaulieu camp - also through EPE unfortunately - as well as some other Elvis "hangers-on" have been trying to sell to the public as actual history.
Nobody experiences events the exact same way, but facts and timelines can easily be checked.

jak
08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I never called Elvis a predator but it's bad judgement for a grown man to express an unusual amount of attention on a 14 year old.That goes for Elvis or anybody.Just because it wasnt that uncommon in the south doesnt make it right.My point being the adult involved is responsible not the child.If Vernon didnt trust her there is know way she would have been named executor.He would have set up an independent trust.I mentioned Mama Pauline before.She was a maid and cook at Graceland.Im good friend with one of her longest and closet friends who went to the funeral.Pauline would talk at great lengths how Elvis would confide in her about his regrets on his marriage and how he wish Priscilla would come back.I didnt read that in a book.Why would Elvis want her back after the divorce if he was forced to begin with?Just because you read something doesnt make it true.Everybody that was around Elvis has changed their stories over the years and a lot of them have an ax to grind.Im sure lots of those guys who you get youre facts from disliked her from the start because she moved in and cramped their style.Once again none of us were there.Did any of us ask Elvis or Vernon their feelings?Of course not.Another fact to point out.The guys who slam her were just the ones who got fired right?Everybody else says Elvis loved her until he died.
Jak

jak
08-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Forgot something.Im not a newer fan by the way.I did see Elvis perform live so Ive been around a bit.Been collecting Elvis for over 30 years.Personally Im not interested in Pris or Lisa.Im an Elvis fan.I commented just because I honestly dont understand her always getting slammed.Im still waiting for her to say one bad thing about Elvis.She may paint a rosy picture of herself but who wouldnt in her shoes?She's that girl that married Elvis and had his only child.She must have really been special!!
Jak

Cherokee
08-01-2006, 12:05 PM
I never called Elvis a predator but it's bad judgement for a grown man to express an unusual amount of attention on a 14 year old.That goes for Elvis or anybody.Just because it wasnt that uncommon in the south doesnt make it right.My point being the adult involved is responsible not the child.If Vernon didnt trust her there is know way she would have been named executor.He would have set up an independent trust.I mentioned Mama Pauline before.She was a maid and cook at Graceland.Im good friend with one of her longest and closet friends who went to the funeral.Pauline would talk at great lengths how Elvis would confide in her about his regrets on his marriage and how he wish Priscilla would come back.I didnt read that in a book.Why would Elvis want her back after the divorce if he was forced to begin with?Just because you read something doesnt make it true.Everybody that was around Elvis has changed their stories over the years and a lot of them have an ax to grind.Im sure lots of those guys who you get youre facts from disliked her from the start because she moved in and cramped their style.Once again none of us were there.Did any of us ask Elvis or Vernon their feelings?Of course not.Another fact to point out.The guys who slam her were just the ones who got fired right?Everybody else says Elvis loved her until he died.
Jak

Nope, not just the ones who got fired have bad things to say about Priscilla. The ones who are not interested in keeping on riding on the EPE gravy train.
"If Vernon didn't trust her know (sic) way she would have been named executor"..... really? Who told you that? Vernon was an ill man, barely educated and had made many wrong decisions during his life time, not just regarding his own life, but for and about Elvis' life and career, too. He didn't do it to sabotage him, but because he didn't know any better. It's a well known fact. Elvis and Vernon did get closer for a while after Gladys' passed, but Elvis never forgave him for Dee. Oddly enough, when that went south, Elvis wasn't happy with Vernon's choices either. Many who know the Presley's up close (and I'm not talking about the MM's) say if Elvis had wanted Priscilla to be the executor should Lisa still be a minor after he and his father had passed, he would've included a clause regarding that matter. Elvis may have been under the influence a lot of the time, but he followed his heart most of the time. As far as wanting Priscilla back: yeah, that's right. He wanted her back for more than one reason, and most of those reasons had little to do with what we perceive to be love. He wanted the little girl back, that depended on him, that he could still mold. He wanted her back because he felt he'd lost face when SHE instigated the divorce. If anyone was to break things off, it was to be him. Elvis was a wonderful entertainer and a giving person, but as far as marriage and man-woman relations went, he was very old fashioned, very Southern and perhaps even quite chauvenistic.

jak
08-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Hey Cherokee
Im not trying to be combatitive towards you.How do you know what Elvis' reasons were?What else did he relay to you.Please tell us more.I didnt know him so I cant comment on what Elvis told you.:D
Jak

MISSCLAWDY
08-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Jak it's not what Elvis told Cherokee or any of us; what cherokee wrote it's not hard to find in ELvis biographies (the serious ones) , it's not hard to realize if he wanted her back it wasn't because she was in love with him, but because he wanted his family back, his daughter and because he was hurt by Priscilla affair . He could have affairs but she couldn't in his point of view.
Elvis didn't tell us all those things but he did tell them to his friends and I read them in the Guralnick book for instance.
Of course I wasn't there so I can't be 100% sure but...I tend to believe that!

Dovey
08-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I disagree. It's all part of the life and legacy of Elvis Presley. We all have thoughts, opinions, read books, heard rumours. It's good to talk it out. As far as Priscilla deserving it, if she hadn't contradicted herself and caused all types of negative influences in the Elvis world. It might be a different story. Then, again maybe not, she did marry Elvis and is part of the whole thing. She chose to continue with the Presley name and be a part of the business of Elvis. So she chose to be in the spotlight, ie... under a microscope. Albeit, I still think so many Elvis fans wouldn't be so critical if she had just come clean and let the story of Elvis write itself. Of course, there are many others attempting to rewrite it too.

I agree with you 100% Menwithbrokenhearts and I would also add that if Silly Cilla did not want her name talked about all the time she would not have taken the Presley name back... and she would of moved on with her life with her common law husband and son.(20 years would of made it a common law marriage but she had to keep that Presley Name ) :doh: :doh: :doh: :hmm:

She loves the spot light!! Don't really think she cares if it is good or bad just as long as she gets $$$. Dovey ;)

EnigmaticSun
08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I think that Elvis was raised under the influence of some circumstances and to be honest, I don't quite disagree with him concerning his views on marriage and women. I also feel that motherhood should be considered sacred, a task requiring a lot of responsibility, trust and honesty.

It's not that I want women to be slaves and I don't think that Elvis wanted that either, but I completely understand Elvis' traditional views. I think that Pris has crossed the line and should do what is necessary: be a mother, live her own life with a new man and practise an honest job or hobby.

If you think that no healthy man ever likes to look at teenage beauty, you're not being realistic. Elvis was a romantic man, he didn't play the act of pimps and ho's..

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I agree with you 100% Menwithbrokenhearts and I would also add that if Silly Cilla did not want her name talked about all the time she would not have taken the Presley name back... and she would of moved on with her life with her common law husband and son.(20 years would of made it a common law marriage but she had to keep that Presley Name ) :doh: :doh: :doh: :hmm:

She loves the spot light!! Don't really think she cares if it is good or bad just as long as she gets $$$. Dovey ;)

You're right! The fame gives her attention, which I feels she craves (despite what she says) and of course, the money, which lets her do what she wants.

joanne
08-02-2006, 02:33 PM
That dvd Elvis By The Presleys is a disgrace.
She makes digs at Elvis all the way through it. He put people down, she said, he`d bring you to tears with his temper. She was free when Elvis was away making movies then when he came back she`d have to go back into that life. She comes across as bitter and jealous of Elvis`s success and popularity.
The marriage went wrong because she was no longer able to accompany him on trips because of the baby, excuse me when did she ever before?
Its completely one-sided and the only people she could find to side with her were Patsy and Jerry and all her family.
Honestly it was more about Priscilla than Elvis.
We here about Elvis`s unfaithfulness the letters in the mailbox etc etc but not one mention of her fling with Mike Stone or anyone else.
She laughed to her father and said you know dad theres a rumour out there that you forced Elvis into marriage and you made a call to the colonel and said marry my daughter or " What was I gonna do". He was gonna bring in the marines said Ann Beaulieu laughing their heads off.
Elvis kept the relationship going she said with his continuous phone calls.
So it has nothing to do with her writing letter after letter begging him if she can come over to visit.
I fit Elvis`s ideal woman she bragged.
They saw each other more after the divorce they were closer.
Yeah right. I can picture Elvis and Mike Stone having dinner together.
It just doesn`t fit.
According to Linda its a very different story- "Priscilla wasn`t really on the scene" after the divorce.
She had to say that she helped decorate the Lisa Marie plane after their divorce knowing how hurtful that would be to Linda.
He asked me to pick out all the colours she said.
Who is responsible for the success of graceland?
Priscilla oh priscilla said her parents.
Even Lisa talks rubbish "I`m the only one who can pass on the presley name." well how is that then when her children are called keough?
Maintaining the image and likeness and the control is important to stop the slimey worms selling Elvis toilet paper she said.
But you sell it across from graceland dont you.
What you really mean is you dont want anyone making any money if its not you.
The dvd sucks and priscilla has edited it in a way to make elvis look as bad as possible and her look as good as she can.
we are in front of OUR music room she brags at the beginning.
It was so hard to open up our personal memories. whys that then because thats all you`ve been doing for the last 30 years.

jak
08-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I cant recall her ever putting Elvis down on that dvd.She never has from what I remember.I got a hunch that most people dont seperate Elvis the myth from the person.Elvis was a great person in my opinion but he could be the biggest a**hole on the planet.From all accounts his temper was brutal and Elvis could be very mean spirited though he would regret it later.When Priscilla recants an event that might not be all positive about Elvis it isnt a slam its just what happenend.
Jak

Dovey
08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I agree with you 100% Joanne!!

As for some others, well Elvis was not a saint but he sure as heck
was not a lieing piece of trash either. He was who he was and did
not try to be anything else..

He was a poor humble boy who grew up to be the the world's greatest singer and King of Rock & Roll and we all love him for himself. He made
mistakes, after all he was human, but he never forgot where
he came from nor his fans that adored him.

As far as cilla goes, she knew he did not want to marry her.....
I think that is all that needs to be said there... :doh: :doh:

Hey, have a great day. Dovey :pepsi:

Cherokee
08-02-2006, 04:24 PM
I cant recall her ever putting Elvis down on that dvd.She never has from what I remember.I got a hunch that most people dont seperate Elvis the myth from the person.Elvis was a great person in my opinion but he could be the biggest a**hole on the planet.From all accounts his temper was brutal and Elvis could be very mean spirited though he would regret it later.When Priscilla recants an event that might not be all positive about Elvis it isnt a slam its just what happenend.
Jak

Jak, seriously, making "funny" remarks like "Oh yeah, when did Elvis tell you that?" is the easy way out. I suggest you educate yourself by reading through the many, many, knowledgeable posts on this board. Despite your veteran fanship of Elvis, you're apparently still not able to distinguish facts from (Beaulieu and EPE fabricated) fiction. And to answer your remark about people not being able to separate Elvis myth from the person..... Boy, have you stepped onto the right board here! This IS just about the ONLY Elvis fanboard where fans do NOT see Elvis through rose colored glasses. That remark alone makes me think you haven't really read older threads on this great board. So, relax, grab a drink and surf through the long history of interesting subjects and discussions and LEARN something. You're never too old to learn.

A fellow veteran Elvis fan.

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Jak, seriously, making "funny" remarks like "Oh yeah, when did Elvis tell you that?" is the easy way out. I suggest you educate yourself by reading through the many, many, knowledgeable posts on this board. Despite your veteran fanship of Elvis, you're apparently still not able to distinguish facts from (Beaulieu and EPE fabricated) fiction. And to answer your remark about people not being able to separate Elvis myth from the person..... Boy, have you stepped onto the right board here! This IS just about the ONLY Elvis fanboard where fans do NOT see Elvis through rose colored glasses. That remark alone makes me think you haven't really read older threads on this great board. So, relax, grab a drink and surf through the long history of interesting subjects and discussions and LEARN something. You're never too old to learn.

A fellow veteran Elvis fan.
Well said!!!!(y)

Diane
08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Priscilla had made a lot of disparaging remarks about Elvis, veiled and not so unveliled, a man she was supposed to love and has been making herself rich off since he died.

It's pretty hard to respect a woman who doesn't respect others or herself.

MISSCLAWDY
08-02-2006, 09:03 PM
totally agree!!!!(y)

Donut
08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
You don?t need to be there to know what really happened, just contrast the facts with the story she is selling us and you?ll see they don?t match at all. (n)

jak
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
You think a comment like "when did he tell you that" condems her?Elvis lied to her continoulsy so shes probably telling the truth.Post a few of her slams against Elvis to refresh my memory.I cant remember any.Just list 2 or 3 so I can remember.Elvis was great but,he lied,cheated and verbally abused about everyone around him on ocassion becuase he was human.Maybe some of the negative stuff is true?The way Elvis cheated and lied to her I cant believe she doesnt slam him.She didnt even do it during the divorce.Remember the pic of them walking out of divorce court holding hands?
Jak

joanne
08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
You don?t need to be there to know what really happened, just contrast the facts with the story she is selling us and you?ll see they don?t match at all. (n)You are absolutely right there.

songs4u
08-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Way to go Joanne! :clap:

I posted something somewhere that went sort of like this - Where were all the Presleys in "Elvis, by the Presleys"?

You really went into the subject in great detail. I don't think I disagreed with any statement you made.
Joanne wrote

I fit Elvis`s ideal woman she bragged.............
Honestly it was more about Priscilla than Elvis..............
Joanne wrote

We here about Elvis`s unfaithfulness the letters in the mailbox etc etc but not one mention of her fling with Mike Stone or anyone else...............
Its completely one-sided and the only people she could find to side with her were Patsy and Jerry and all her family............

Joanne, you hit upon something else I've thought about before. I've seen Linda tell Larry King - Priscilla wasn't in the picture as much as you might think.
Then, Priscilla says he called and visited her quite often.

Joanne you mention about Priscilla going through Graceland and saying these were "our" rooms, etc. She said on the Oprah show that when she decided to open up Graceland she was opening up her life, too. Excuse me, but she left in '72.

From a lot of posts that I've read it seems Elvis fans get pissed off with Miss Priss because of what she's done since Elvis' death.

Jak, you seem to like her somewhat, that's fine. Everyone has their own opinion. Did you know she didn't like the fans when she lived at Graceland. She didn't like it when people came to the house. I was there once - when she happened to be there for some reason. I know what we were told.
She's even said she didn't used to like the fans but now she understands them. Of course she does.

I could go on and on about things that get caught in my claw over her. I'll save them for another post.

Diane
08-04-2006, 01:29 AM
You know that comment that Priscilla likes to make that she was Elvis' "ideal" woman is such a crock! I was that physical type too, long dark hair, small frame plus I have his mother's dark eyes that he loved (and the pretty small feet) but he would never have looked twice at me I bet because I couldn't have pushed myself on him the way she did.

Also I bet there are thousands of women out there that fit that description!!!!!! What happened to that ideal when he fell for Ann Margaret? She and Priscilla sure didn't look alike and Ann certainly has aged better - without all the surgeries.

So there......now I feel better!

Awickedreigndrop
08-04-2006, 05:03 AM
...So there......now I feel better!

*Pats Diane on the back* It's good to let your feelings out.(y)

Dovey
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
You know that comment that Priscilla likes to make that she was Elvis' "ideal" woman is such a crock! I was that physical type too, long dark hair, small frame plus I have his mother's dark eyes that he loved (and the pretty small feet) but he would never have looked twice at me I bet because I couldn't have pushed myself on him the way she did.

Also I bet there are thousands of women out there that fit that description!!!!!! What happened to that ideal when he fell for Ann Margaret? She and Priscilla sure didn't look alike and Ann certainly has aged better - without all the surgeries.

So there......now I feel better!

"You got it girl" I agree 100%... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) :D

joanne
08-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I wonder if priscilla will be at elvis the concert in memphis next year.

jak
08-06-2006, 02:32 AM
Im sure she was physically his ideal woman.Elvis had a gigantic ego and he was not going to marry someone who he didnt consider a trophy.I see nobody has posted 2 or 3 specific negative comments about her yet.I will admit Im wrong if someones proves it.I think nobody posted them becaus ethey do not exist.She may be arrogant and aloof but she has never slammed our guy.Not a single time.
Jak

4THEHEART
08-06-2006, 03:10 AM
wasn't her book a huge slam itself..c'mon.. there are ways to slam a person..you can do that while smiling sweetly..like in that last Dvd as well..

Dovey
08-06-2006, 11:59 AM
wasn't her book a huge slam itself..c'mon.. there are ways to slam a person..you can do that while smiling sweetly..like in that last Dvd as well..

You are right 4Theheart.... I think jak is just playing games with us..:D
Joanne has given him plenty of quotes and he or she does not seem to pick up on them so... what is the point.. ;) Dovey (y) :cool:

samcats
08-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Top stuff Joanne, i really pay no attention when Cilla speaks these days.
Man, she used to be something to look at but these days with all the work she has had done she looks scary!!!!:'(

MISSCLAWDY
08-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Man, she used to be something to look at but these days with all the work she has had done she looks scary!!!!:'(
completely true!!!

graceland123
08-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Im sure she was physically his ideal woman.Elvis had a gigantic ego and he was not going to marry someone who he didnt consider a trophy.I see nobody has posted 2 or 3 specific negative comments about her yet.I will admit Im wrong if someones proves it.I think nobody posted them becaus ethey do not exist.She may be arrogant and aloof but she has never slammed our guy.Not a single time.
Jakyou re right she is arrogant and aloof

Donut
08-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Jak

Some of Priscilla?s comments on Elvis from her book and interviews, seat and enjoy ... * rolls eyes*

" Though i know many fans want to hang on to his image of a perfect man it is just not correct.
Please don?t imagine he was an angel. Apart from his faults he also had a fierce, terrible temper. "

" From my adolescence he had fashioned me into the instrument of his will "

" He grabbed me and forcefully made love to me. It was uncomfortable and unlike any other time he?d
ever made love to me before, and he explained: This is how a real man makes love to his woman.
( Sorry Priscilla but if that?s true you should have told the police instead of writing it in your book for the
world to know, a book you say you wrote for your daughter and to clean Elvis image )

" He became paranoid over death threats and from his association with the Memphis local police...
Phoning me late one evening he said: Cilla you have anyone to take care of ? Strictly top secret.

" Once we were going through a stack of demo records for an RCA soundtrack album, he found one
that held his attention and asked me what i thought. I don?t really like it, i said. To my horror a chair
came hurtling toward me, there were stacks of records piled on it and one flew off and hit me in the face. "

" You could sense the vibration when he was angry. The tension in the room mounted to flash point and
no one wanted to be around for the explosion. Yet if anyone decided to leave, they automatically became
the target for his rage, me included."

Apart from these textual Priscilla?s lines, i have seen her and read comments from this woman
telling he used to check in hospital the last years of his life because he liked people taking care of him
and to get a little rest....

And a long list that i can?t exactly recall right now but has been already said in this forum that makes
Elvis look like he was monster and how miserable her life was while living with him, just because she can?t
accept she is just his ex-wife and Elvis is the star not she and her " queen for a day " finished when
they divorced.

jak
08-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I see no reason to doubt any of the quotes listed above.You guys doubt those events?Elvis' temper is legendary.She's just telling you events that occurred.Im sure you all know he almost killed a girl with a drug overdose and then covered it up.That is a well known fact and I sure some of you have been around long enough to know the incident Im talking about.What does that say about him?Elvis ws paranoid beyond belief.Why do you think he carried so many guns and played cops and robbers in his real life?The drugs only made it worse.Elvis' behavior in the 70's was erratic at best.Why do you think he shot guns in the house at tv sets, toilets and his cars?Thats a guy with a fierce temper or is that cute becuase Elvis did it.He nearly killed Linda that way in vegas shooting his guns indoors.But that's just Elvis so I guess its ok.Dont get upset becuase Elvis wasnt perfect.Youre just shooting the messenger when Priscilla reveals what went on.
Jak

Donut
08-07-2006, 12:34 PM
I see no reason to doubt any of the quotes listed above.You guys doubt those events?Elvis' temper is legendary.She's just telling you events that occurred.Im sure you all know he almost killed a girl with a drug overdose and then covered it up.That is a well known fact and I sure some of you have been around long enough to know the incident Im talking about.What does that say about him?Elvis ws paranoid beyond belief.Why do you think he carried so many guns and played cops and robbers in his real life?The drugs only made it worse.Elvis' behavior in the 70's was erratic at best.Why do you think he shot guns in the house at tv sets, toilets and his cars?Thats a guy with a fierce temper or is that cute becuase Elvis did it.He nearly killed Linda that way in vegas shooting his guns indoors.But that's just Elvis so I guess its ok.Dont get upset becuase Elvis wasnt perfect.Youre just shooting the messenger when Priscilla reveals what went on.
Jak

If you can?t understand thar if you have a little bit of humanity you don?t tell those kind of things of a person who has been part of your life and father of your daughter for the world to know and critize .... and worst of all when he is already dead. If she was so brave telling that to the world she should have confronted Elvis when that happened and was alive, like Red and Sonny did with their book ( not that i think they were right either) but at least he was here to defend himself. I guess Priscilla was the last person Elvis would think of doing that to him and she isn?t better than any of them, she is worse because she was part of his family. You just asked for 2 or 3 bad sentences about Elvis from Priscilla and there they are. ;)

Dovey
08-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Hey Donut,

Did you ever feel like you were talking to a wall? :D

Well done donut and yes some of us do understand ;) dovey

Diane
08-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Who's to say that all the things Priscilla said in her book was the truth? She could say anything she wanted about Elvis and he couldn't defend himself - he was dead! Same goes for a lot of the other books out there.

No decent woman would talk and write about the things she has about her former husband and father of her child. You can bet that it's done Lisa some very lasting damage and that's unforgiveable.

jak
08-07-2006, 02:30 PM
My overall point is that she has said nothing that outrageous about Elvis.Her comments are tame to what everybody else has leaked out over the years.Her comments about Elvis probably dont differ from peoples lives that post on this board.Think about blowups or fights youve had in your own relationships.They are a part of life and it doesnt mean someone is a monster just becuase they throw something across the room in anger.People want to know the intimate details about Elvis and his personality.Are you going to buy the Schilling book just so you can read again about Elvis going to the white house for the millionth time?Good or bad people want personal details about Elvis.She just told her story in her book and its not a negative account of him.
Jak

EnigmaticSun
08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't think Elvis would have looked for a bride because of his ego. To be honest, I think that Elvis just wanted to love and be loved - the same kind of affectionate love he used to experience with his mother, only in this case the woman was his lover and not his mom. But I do think that Elvis was looking for some tender loving care. To state that he wanted a bride exclusively out of egoistic motivation(s) just doesn't ring a bell.

Diane
08-07-2006, 03:39 PM
She did say some very personal things in her book Jak that people don't want to know and it's nobody's business for those who do. You're right all of us have arguments and bouts of anger with our spouses but we try not to have them in front of our children and we don't go tell the world about it. That's just plain low.

I agree with EnigmaticSun that he wasn't looking for a bride to boost his ego. For heaven's sake if he had that much ego he wouldn't have agonized over not doing well on stage for his fans every single time he went on. He never did realize what he was except for believing that his voice was a gift from god which it was.

Elvis was Priscilla's trophy not the other way around. She was just an ordinary pretty girl that wanted the fame of being the wife of the king. Her nose got out of joint when she couldn't wrap him around her little finger and she's been that way ever since. She should have thought about her daughter before she wrote that book but she has never put her child first. I'm sorry but she's just too self involved. I realize it's a trait that many people have but it also causes a lot of harm to loved ones and that's what she's done in a big way by writing that book. There's proof, look at Lisa, she's an emotional mess!!!

Now I'm probably going to hear how wonderful she was that she found a way to save Graceland for her daughter. Do you honestly think she thought of that all by herself? She's not that bright. You can bet she had a lot of people telling her to go to financial advisors and she was at least smart enough to do that but she isn't doing a darn thing personally, she's a simply a figurehead reaping the profits from EPE. She probably has more money than Elvis ever had and he's the one who made it possible. The woman is stomping all over his grave!

jak
08-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Self absorbed is surrounding yourself with yes men 24/7.Alan Fortas said his job was to say "Yes Elvis".
Jak

joanne
08-07-2006, 05:58 PM
we all love elvis on this board and thats all that matters and not the opinion of one person.
if someone dosen`t like and respect elvis then they dont belong on this board.
all priscilla fans are ignorant people and most of them have multiple personalities on this board but we know who they are.
most of them haven`t even hit puberty yet.

jak
08-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Loving Elvis doesnt mean you have to bury your head in the sand.I couldnt care less about Priscilla or Lisa Marie.I just get tired of the same old bashing thats not deserved when its Elvis who should shoulder the majority of blame for hid shortcomings.
Jak

Katie
08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Didn't Priscilla refer to herself as "the widow" somewhere. I remember her saying that, and it kinda made me sick :blink:

Katie
08-09-2006, 07:38 PM
That dvd Elvis By The Presleys is a disgrace.
She makes digs at Elvis all the way through it. He put people down, she said, he`d bring you to tears with his temper. She was free when Elvis was away making movies then when he came back she`d have to go back into that life. She comes across as bitter and jealous of Elvis`s success and popularity.
The marriage went wrong because she was no longer able to accompany him on trips because of the baby, excuse me when did she ever before?
Its completely one-sided and the only people she could find to side with her were Patsy and Jerry and all her family.
Honestly it was more about Priscilla than Elvis.
We here about Elvis`s unfaithfulness the letters in the mailbox etc etc but not one mention of her fling with Mike Stone or anyone else.
She laughed to her father and said you know dad theres a rumour out there that you forced Elvis into marriage and you made a call to the colonel and said marry my daughter or " What was I gonna do". He was gonna bring in the marines said Ann Beaulieu laughing their heads off.
Elvis kept the relationship going she said with his continuous phone calls.
So it has nothing to do with her writing letter after letter begging him if she can come over to visit.
I fit Elvis`s ideal woman she bragged.
They saw each other more after the divorce they were closer.
Yeah right. I can picture Elvis and Mike Stone having dinner together.
It just doesn`t fit.
According to Linda its a very different story- "Priscilla wasn`t really on the scene" after the divorce.
She had to say that she helped decorate the Lisa Marie plane after their divorce knowing how hurtful that would be to Linda.
He asked me to pick out all the colours she said.
Who is responsible for the success of graceland?
Priscilla oh priscilla said her parents.
Even Lisa talks rubbish "I`m the only one who can pass on the presley name." well how is that then when her children are called keough?
Maintaining the image and likeness and the control is important to stop the slimey worms selling Elvis toilet paper she said.
But you sell it across from graceland dont you.
What you really mean is you dont want anyone making any money if its not you.
The dvd sucks and priscilla has edited it in a way to make elvis look as bad as possible and her look as good as she can.
we are in front of OUR music room she brags at the beginning.
It was so hard to open up our personal memories. whys that then because thats all you`ve been doing for the last 30 years.

Oh my gosh, yes, all it was was about Priscilla. My mom kept having to fastforward through the parts where she and her parents went on about herself.

And then the part at the end where Priscilla says something like "I will go on defending Elvis because he deserves it". Oh puh-leeze...she subtly trashed him throughout the whole thing.

MISSCLAWDY
08-10-2006, 11:05 AM
I can't listen to her when she calls herself "the widow"...she's not!!! Hasn't anyone told her she got divorced in 1973?????!!!!!!

T_J
08-10-2006, 07:03 PM

And yes Gayle, I also believe she might have been of help when his health was failing. Having her and Lisa back in the house might have brought his spirits up and helped him cut down on the pills and take better care of himself.

Priscilla didn't move into Graceland until she was 17 or very close to 17. They met at 14, she turned 15 in Germany, and she first visited him in America (California) at 16 for a couple of weeks, before then returning to her parents more definite than ever that she wanted to be with Elvis. As there was a two-year period from Elvis leaving Germany to Priscilla joining him at Graceland, I'm sure her parents thought the whole thing would blow over and that she was wasting her time on a far fetched dream. It's very believable that they tried to talk her out of a situation that they probably assumed was going to come to nothing.
Hard to say what would have happened if Priscilla had got back with Elvis before he died, but we can hardly blame her for not doing so. How many divorced couples end up reconciling and living together? Not many. It's easy to speak with hindsight, but I'm sure she didn't think things were so serious that he would die.

I don't have a problem with her becoming the figurehead for EPE after Elvis died. Who else was going to do it? Lisa was a kid and Vernon died in 1979. Priscilla was the only recognisable name with sufficient standing to do it. After all, she is Lisa's mother and was in effect protecting and building her daughter's future fortune.

Diane
08-10-2006, 08:10 PM
It does seem odd though that Priscilla got to Elvis just at the time when he was grieving for his mother and then she got control of EPE when Vernon was on his deathbed. My, wasn't she right there at the right time in both instances. There's nothing like getting what you want ffrom someone when they're at their low point. The least she could do is to be kind when she speaks of Elvis and invite some of the Presleys and Smiths to Graceland.

jak
08-10-2006, 11:06 PM
She didnt "get" to Elvis when he was grievieng for his mother.This is what I mean about the bashing.Her meeting Elvis was just fate if you will.She didnt sign his draft papers and have him assigned to a particular town in Germany.He was a huge star who a lot of young girls wanted to meet.They met and formed a connection and that's it.Elvis could have left her overseas very easily.I stated before that Vernon asked her to control things at the end.She was not hovering around the deathbed with a pen and power of attorney papers in hand.I will concede one point somebodt brought up.Her calling herself his widow is not right.Once youve been divorced that many years the term widow does not apply.Now I said something negative about her.You see Im not so hard headed:D

Diane
08-11-2006, 12:34 AM
:D Jak, I see we're never going to change your mind about Priscilla and you're never going to change some of ours but we're both entitled to our opionions. You were sweet to concede the point of her being wrong in calling herself his widow.
I will concede the point that she has to have some good in her somewhere, I just don't see it - sorry. I know that's left-handed but I can't help it.

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Self absorbed is surrounding yourself with yes men 24/7.Alan Fortas said his job was to say "Yes Elvis".
JakBut Elvis didn't tell him that, they all took it upon themselves, because they did not want to lose their jobs, or get off the gravy train. Yeah, they had alot to put up with, but for the most part, it was easy street for these guys, trips, girls, parties, gifts, etc....

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-11-2006, 06:45 AM
What is the truth?
Jak - I understand what you're getting at, and as far as the truth, we can't get it out of the people that were there, just bits of the truth, or their version of it, and there are alot of contradictions in the stories by the people that were there. But , assuming that you are somewhat familiar with the popular story, would you consider having an open mind and reading "Child Bride"? It is well researched by a respected author, well known for investigative research. I think it would definately give you more to ponder. If you don't have it, pm me and I'll send you mine. You can keep it if you will read it.

jak
08-11-2006, 10:38 AM
We can just agree to disagree on Priscilla I guess.All that matters anyway is the legacy Elvis left behind.That we can all agree on I think.His music is what is important.
Jak

Dovey
08-11-2006, 12:34 PM
She didnt "get" to Elvis when he was grievieng for his mother.This is what I mean about the bashing.Her meeting Elvis was just fate if you will.She didnt sign his draft papers and have him assigned to a particular town in Germany.He was a huge star who a lot of young girls wanted to meet.They met and formed a connection and that's it.Elvis could have left her overseas very easily.I stated before that Vernon asked her to control things at the end.She was not hovering around the deathbed with a pen and power of attorney papers in hand.I will concede one point somebodt brought up.Her calling herself his widow is not right.Once youve been divorced that many years the term widow does not apply.Now I said something negative about her.You see Im not so hard headed:D

Hey Jak, I see that you also must not of read Child Bride or you would have some pretty big doubts as to her meeting with Elvis as "just fate" that girl worked it hard just as she still does today. Fate my A@@ :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:Her parents shared her dream be being Mrs. Elvis Presley also... golly gee!!!!!!

Yeah, I have also read that she worked Vernon pretty hard to get power of attorney... Lisa was just a baby you know.

She does have a site for people like yourself who love her and believe all the crap that she dishes out.

Have a great day, Dovey ;)

jak
08-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I still tend to think there is some underlying jealousy behind a lot of comments about Priscilla.I havent read Child Bride because I really havent cared for Priscilla one way or another.Just remember that becuase something is written in a book doesnt make it true.Most people write in a way that reflects there preconcieved views.I can tell you one thing about Vernon back then.My friend who got theTLC necklace from Elvis went to Memphis maybe a year or so after Elvis died.Vernon invited her up to Graceland for a visit.She did tell me he mentioned her during their talk and he spoke very highly of her at that time.I tend to think if she was so self centered she would not have divorced Elvis.I think she would have preferred just to be married for convenience sake to continue being Mrs Presley and all that it brought with it.
Jak

T_J
08-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Hey Jak, I see that you also must not of read Child Bride or you would have some pretty big doubts as to her meeting with Elvis as "just fate" that girl worked it hard just as she still does today. Fate my A@@ :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:;)

But get some perspective. What 14 yr old girl in 1959 wouldn't go nuts at the prospect of meeting just about the biggest star in the world? Ever see the girls screaming at the concerts? Think any of those wouldn't have done all they could to meet him if they thought it at all possible? The girl was 14! Cunning or not, 14 yr old girls are going to be blown away by a star of his magnitude. Think how intense regular schoolgirl crushes are and then imagine the object of their affection is Elvis Presley and he is paying them attention! I just don't buy the notion of her or any other teen girl being the one in control of a situation like that. I do buy the idea of her doing everything she could to keep him once he went back to the States, but again show me any young girl who wouldn't do the same. Hell, most grown women would be caught in the same spell.

Dovey
08-12-2006, 01:24 PM
But get some perspective. What 14 yr old girl in 1959 wouldn't go nuts at the prospect of meeting just about the biggest star in the world? Ever see the girls screaming at the concerts? Think any of those wouldn't have done all they could to meet him if they thought it at all possible? The girl was 14! Cunning or not, 14 yr old girls are going to be blown away by a star of his magnitude. Think how intense regular schoolgirl crushes are and then imagine the object of their affection is Elvis Presley and he is paying them attention! I just don't buy the notion of her or any other teen girl being the one in control of a situation like that. I do buy the idea of her doing everything she could to keep him once he went back to the States, but again show me any young girl who wouldn't do the same. Hell, most grown women would be caught in the same spell.

Yes, you are right about a 14 year old going nuts to see Elvis and no I don't think she was that cunning either. (but her mother was) :supriced:

She was cunning enogh to perform her first and most important acting role successfull to imitate Debra Paget's Hairdo from "Love Me Tender" and take directions from Currie Grant on how to act toward Elvis and from her stage Mother, Ann, and to use her own instinctive skill at manipulation when getting setup for the legendary first encounter with Elvis. ( Some 14 year old's are more manipuliating that you give them credit for....and she had a few helpers)

Cilla kept herself busy with many boyfriends after Elvis left to come back to the USA but the main goal was Elvis... Did you read the book Child Bride??? If it were all bull, I am sure it would not be on the maket to buy.. :hmm: :hmm: :doh:

I guess she will never tell the truth for sure.. and at this point it really does not matter anyway but she is still acting like the poor widow and that does make me mad :doh: :doh:

Have a great day. dovey ;)

jak
08-12-2006, 01:31 PM
TJ,
That is exactly what Ive been trying to say.Priscilla was not the only girl who would have had jumped at the chance to get close to him.She just happened to be the lucky one that made it to him out of the thousands of teenage girls who wished they were in her shoes.I know lots of female fans who were around when he got married and a good number of them will tell you she was instantly despised after the marriage just out of envy.No woman was good enough for him in their eyes.The female fans back then when this was going on were very posessive of him.I wonder how many people here were active fans back then?
Jak

Diane
08-12-2006, 02:21 PM
I was there when Elvis married Priscilla jak and I don't remember any feeling of jealousy at the time. I never even dreamed that he was obtainable for me, I didn't have Priscilla's ego and I was involved with my own life. I did hope that it would be a happy marriage for him. I felt a twinge of jealousy and digust for her after the divorce because here she was surgically very beautiful, rich, got everything she wanted and then didn't want him anymore.

It's the way she went about meeting Elvis at that tender age that wasn't the normal thing. She later claimed Currie Grant raped her. She'd been quite active for that age and thought that one up to cover herself for when Elvis found out she wasn't the innocent young girl he thought she was. That's some pretty forward thinking for a 14 year old.

As far as Vernon speaking well of Priscilla to a fan visiting at the house, what else would you expect? He's not about to sit down and discuss family matters with a total stranger. He was being polite as he should have been. And yes I do believe Priscilla was hovering around his deatbed waiting for her opportunity to take control of Graceland. I think she kept quite close tabs on what was going on a Graceland after the divorce and especially after Elvis died.

I agree with Dovey in that Priscilla was taught to be this way by her mother but she's still taking directions from her and still doesn't see the wrong in it. People who will do whatever it takes to get what they want no matter who they step on or hurt or manipulate are selfish and cold - no other way to see it!

jak
08-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Why do you think past rock stars have kept a veil of secrecy around marriages in the past and had concerns about its effect on their image?It can turn some female fans off and it did upset some female fans at the time.Thats not just true of Elvis but any many big performers back then.As far as Vernon being polite to a "fan".How many fans had Elvis hand them a gold TLC necklace?How many fans got personal phone calls from Elvis?How many back then called Vernon at Graceland and got invited up to the mansion including access to the upstairs?I've been very lucky over the years to know people who actually have first hand information.Elvis was a typical southern guy and she ws the mother of his only child and if you dont think that created an unbreakable bond between the two you are fooling yourself.He would tell Mama Pauline time and time again how often he asked her to come home but she just wouldnt do it and that was up until the end and it wasnt just for Lisa.I ddint read that in a tabloid it was told to me by mama pauline.
Jak

Diane
08-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Point taken jak about needing a veil of secrecy when a big star gets married. I agree with you that it can damage their image but it didn't in Elvis's case.

My point in this whole argument is that Priscilla's parents were in the wrong to let her out at night to visit at a star's home at that age. What other motive could they have had than to hope she could get him and put them all on easy street? What do you think everyone meant when they all said she seemed much older than her years? My parents wouldn't have let him near me. I was terribly smitten with him too like thousands of other girls at the time but I told a friend "gee I sure wish I wasn't too young for him". Turns out he married a girl a few months younger than I was.:supriced:

I still say Vernon would not have said anything against Priscilla to your friend. It's just not done.

I can't debate what Maman Pauline had to say about Elvis claiming he asked Priscilla to come home several times over the years. I don't know and I've never heard or read of this. Only Elvis knows how he really felt and he can't tell us.

Donut
08-12-2006, 09:57 PM
He would tell Mama Pauline time and time again how often he asked her to come home but she just wouldnt do it and that was up until the end and it wasnt just for Lisa.I ddint read that in a tabloid it was told to me by mama pauline.
Jak

AHA !!! At least you?ve got to where we all are talking about in this thread = Priscilla the liar. Why she wouldn?t come back with him because she wanted to lead her own life and after his death she started to act like she was still his wife and has the nerve to say she still loves him. For God?s sake ... she is living with another man for 20 years now and has a child with him. Wether her husband is so cold as she or she needs a psychiatrist or she thinks she lives in a soap opera. She can make up whatever she wants but we here in the real world have enough brains to see the facts.

Diane
08-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Ahh Donut thank you! I was getting exhausted here. You got it - Elvis may have had feelings for her but SHE DID NOT LOVE HIM - she trapped and married him for GAIN.

jak
08-12-2006, 10:56 PM
How many times have famous people and ordinary ones got divorced and still proclaimed their love for each other?Pointing to that as a lie makes no sense at all.I think Linda probably loved him but she left too.I dont think some of you know how difficult it was to live with Elvis.It wasnt a fairytale all the time.Everything had to be about him and you were of secondary importance.Im sorry if that sounds harsh but its true.The guy never had to grow up and that was his problem.He had everybody near him since he was a very young man telling him how great he was 24/7 and throngs of people worshiping the ground he walked on.That would have an efect on anyone's personality and ego.
I cant speak for her parent's letting her go to see Elvis.It was a chance to see a star of huge magnitude so it depends on the circumstances.I cant recall the exact details of how she got there etc.I still say it was Elvis' responsibility to not start something with a young girl.I dont care how slick she was our mature acting our guy Elvis had a lot more experience with the the other sex than she did.No little girl was going to dupe Elvis Presley in 1960 my friends.
Vernon brought up Priscilla not my friend.I tell that story because no matter what you guys may think or have read Vernon and Elvis along with a lot of people around Elvis respected and trusted her always.Elvis was the reason for the breakup not her and Elvis himself said that.
Another thing about Priscilla.Of all the people around Elvis wasnt she and maybe Linda the only people who really aspired to be their own person.They left on their own terms while Elvis was still around.Doesnt that show us something about their character maybe?Everybody else seemed just fine with the status quo and running around like lapdogs around Elvis.Not many people were strong enough to go against Elvis.
Why shouldnt she be proud of the Presley name?I sure as hell would.I dont blame her for not dropping it.She has always defended him and his legacy.I may not agree with the product they deliver but it brings the cash in and EPE is a business nothing more.I didnt read Child Bride yet but I have the Presley's dvd and I honestly dont see any negativity in it.It may be slanted towards her and her family because its their story and I thought it interesting to see her parents and hear them.You guys do realize that Elvis blood relatives are a bunch of "kooks" to put it mildy.To hear there side get the new book by his cousin who claims she got married to him after 1977 if im not mistaken.Some info on her may be on Bill Burk's website.Ive always heard Elvis was ashamed by most of his family which contained a lot of alcoholics.Ive always heard Elvis was ashamed of most of them.Priscilla was articulate and well spoken as was her family.
Jak

Donut
08-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Priscilla was articulate and well spoken as was her family.
Jak

Priscilla is not well spoken, she can?t move her mouth anymore.
Hope to talk with you in another thread, this one is already boring me ;)

Dovey
08-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Priscilla is not well spoken, she can?t move her mouth anymore.
Hope to talk with you in another thread, this one is already boring me ;)

"Ditto" for me Donut. :doh: :doh: :doh:

"Unbelievable it has reached the boring and time to move on point!!!!!!" Dovey :D ;)

Donut
08-13-2006, 02:29 PM
"Ditto" for me Donut. :doh: :doh: :doh:

"Unbelievable it has reached the boring and time to move on point!!!!!!" Dovey :D ;)

Let?s have a beer :cheers: and talk about things concerning Elvis, she has nothing to do with him since early 70?s anyway ;)

Dovey
08-13-2006, 03:35 PM
:cheers: :cheers: Here's one (or two) to you!!!!!!

Elvis is sure someone we want to talk about.... he was a Fantastic person and a gift from God... It is a waste of time to argue about
his x-wife anyway. :doh: :doh:

Long Live The KIng... :king: :king: :king:

Have a great day... see you on another thread.. Dovey ;)

4THEHEART
08-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Jak,keeping the child in spirit is one thing but being a selfish megalomaniac fool,is another..and Elvis wasn't such a person for sure no matter how many yes people was around him..he never was a shallow, spoilt person,and have you ever thought why Elvis said that the reason was him for the divorce..could it be because he was a real gentlenmen..what else he could have said,some truth to make his x bad.??.no, it wasn't in him..but it seems that you so believe in the "image Elvis" and cannot see the difference between the image and the man himself..as for his ex,yes she was secondary to him as many of us would have been..what was her goals or purposes..I'd have asked myself what important thing I achieved in life comparing his..The happiness Elvis gave to that many people, his talent and what he left behind is here and will be here to stay forever..yes! he was the important one..but to accept this,one must be mature enough,less jealous ,and less self centered..who's ego is bigger now,who is control crazy..for God's sake..look in their eyes both,if only in pics..what do you see??

Diane
08-13-2006, 10:42 PM
See you all on another Elvis post and yes let's have that beer - better still how about a marguerita? (y)

4THEHEART
08-13-2006, 11:54 PM
if that will be served in Acapulco,while our boy is singing...:D :clap:

jak
08-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Elvis not spoiled?I think that comment shows the mindset of what Im dealing with here to be honest along with him not having a huge ego.I think turning down the lights and walking out to 2001 begs to differ.:D
You guys finally convinced me.I just looked at a photo of Elvis and Prscilla and I did see the devil incarnate in her eyes.How did I miss that?
Jak

EnigmaticSun
08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Well Jak, I guess some might say that I've gone crazy and am no good, but saying that Elvis didn't have a huge ego doesn't mean I'm a mental case..!

To be honest, Elvis was quite shy and why should adding some impressive element to a show be representative for the man in his intimate environment?

For some he was just Elvis the singer, but don't forget there's Elvis the Friend, Elvis the human being. For better or worse, I feel that Elvis would have aged more gracefully in the first place and comparing some photo's now convinces me that Elvis was a nice guy.

I don't think it's opportune to blame Elvis for being magnetic to a 14yo either.

Dovey
08-16-2006, 06:21 PM
You guys finally convinced me.I just looked at a photo of Elvis and Prscilla and I did see the devil incarnate in her eyes.How did I miss that?
Jak

Hey Jak, the only devil incarnate I see is in your eyes!!!:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Have a great day and so happy that we gave you such enjoyment.... Dovey ;) :D