PDA

View Full Version : The New Fandom replies...

NEA
07-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Has it really come to this:

NEA
07-09-2006, 07:32 AM
He sat on the toilett when the stuff started to work, he got cramps, stumbled around a few steps and than fell down on the floor with his face in the carpet. Certainly not a nice way to die, but I still like the expression "The King Fell From His Throne". Not nice, but funny.

Quote, Unquote.

Menwithbrokenhearts
07-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Not funny at all:angry: :angry: and not exactly what happened either. Unfortunately there will always be people who post this type of thing, read all the sensationalistic crap and believe it, spread all the lies and rumors and give to, or become, TV evangelists, corporate heads, politicans or car salesman. :doh:

Albert
07-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes, it's so sad that people find joy in making fun of the way ELvis died...... how horrible can the world be?

Here's someone who brought the world so much hapiness, a person who did so little wrong to others, was always respectful to fellow artists, no bad words about press (besides a few exceptions), tried to entertain people even while his own life was becoming a mess.... and this is the way people show their respect in return?

You also hear lots of stories about Elvis choked in his own vomit, lying on the ground with his pants still down.... Too bad that Joe Espositie never really did his best to make this story look foolish (eventhough it may have been the truth).... a little bit of censor/respect would have been a better choice for Joe Diamond...

Leroy
07-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Joe already proved himself in being not the gentleman/friend everybody gives him credit for. He did that right after Elvis' death and continued to do so over the years.

It seems there are a lot of folks out there, especially a lot of the "new generation" Elvis fans who seem to adapt the "West/West/Hebler Stories" and the "Goldman Crap". If they see a picture where Elvis can be seen in a somewhat strange pose or pulling a strange face it's automaticly drugs related of being sick without even wondering it's just a picture, taken in an instant of a second. I'm afraid we have to get used to that.

NEA
07-10-2006, 12:39 AM
F * * * this, why do I waste my time on these forums?!

franny
07-10-2006, 01:22 AM
After all these years that Elvis has been gone, you would think people would have respect for such a great entertainer and a great human being, but instead what happens...someone thinks it's funny and finds it amusing about the way he died...

Where's the respect for Elvis, that he so rightly deserves?! I think it's disgusting! I feel bad for him and all he ever was is generous and kindhearted towards his fellow man...

franny

Diane
07-10-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm in total agreement, this is just sick!

JDD
07-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Sheesh what the heck is going on here the last week?

franny
07-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Sheesh what the heck is going on here the last week?

I have no idea, but I think it's called lack of respect!

franny

07-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah bad taste and certainly not a fan or admirer of the King.

Albert
07-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't believe that new fans have less respect for Elvis...

But i do believe that the overall respect from the press, music channels and non-fans isn't that positive or respectful. And even that has little to do, I guess, with Elvis in particular, but the lack of respect in general for other people.

Just look at all the paperazi and the gossip industry. It's such a big business, that even channels like MTV and VH1 have lowered their standards, trying to make a buck with gossip and a trash-style presentation. Dirt....

In that way, I think times are changing.... and I don't like it that much

NEA
07-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by orwell1976
He sat on the toilett when the stuff started to work, he got cramps, stumbled around a few steps and than fell down on the floor with his face in the carpet. Certainly not a nice way to die, but I still like the expression "The King Fell From His Throne". Not nice, but funny.

Oh really!...Then what's the above quote all about then - that's come from one of your forum buddies that...not your Press or Music Channel representative...but you maybe right in categorizing him as a non-fan. You're fobbing-off his remark onto the Press and general public - this is not the issue...read the quote and who it was from.

This is pathetic.

Albert
07-10-2006, 03:22 PM
This thread has been temporary closed.

Please keep in mind that this is an Elvis Presley forum and that any form of mockery of Elvis is out of the question. However, this does not mean that we close our eyes for Elvis' shortcomings or that discussions about this isn't possible on TCB-World.