PDA

View Full Version : Elvis' Kid Ghalahad costume being auctioned!

tcbtigerman
07-03-2006, 05:22 PM
One of Elvis' costumes from Kid Ghalahad is being auctioned off on Ebay.What do you think?Heres the link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIS-PRESLEY-S-COSTUME-FROM-KID-GALAHAD_W0QQitemZ290004007161QQihZ019QQcategoryZ20 09QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JDD
07-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Being a big boxing fan I'd rather have had the robe and boxing gear but its on display at Graceland. Its great if you can own items worn/used by the king but I kinda have mixed feelings about it too, because it seems like card companies buy them, cut them into 1000 squares and sell the swatch in a special "collectors card", and it seems like that stuff would be better on display at Graceland for everyone.

FlamingStar
07-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I agree with you.

But, for the collectors this have to be a must!

It's not too expensive either..

I would have bought it if i had money and i was sure that it was the real costume that Elvis used (y)

Paulie1971
07-04-2006, 06:26 PM
That is exactly my problem

I would love to own an Elvis item, but can you ever be sure about something like that on ebay?? Every now and then there are very nice items!

JDD
07-04-2006, 06:36 PM
That is exactly my problem

I would love to own an Elvis item, but can you ever be sure about something like that on ebay?? Every now and then there are very nice items!

Sometimes I think the best way to go is a high quality replica. I've seen a few threads on here recently where there was a guy selling replica jumpsuits etc, and some of them were awesome. The one Elvis item I would buy in replica for sure is the cape from the Aloha concert, but then there is the problem of where to display it and how to display it, plus my kids are worried I'll put it on with my replica Elvis Sun Glasses and wear it to the store and stuff (which I can't guarentee I wouldn't do if the mood struck me).