PDA

View Full Version : More amazing prices for Elvis books...

franny
06-24-2006, 02:32 AM
This was on EIN...
Interesting book prices...:)

franny

More amazing prices for Elvis books: ElvisBookResearch reports that on the abebooks.com site, four Elvis books are listed at prices of US$1,500.00 and above! The titles are:

Elvis What Happened? (Dunleavy, Wests & Hebler) - $2,750.00
Elvis & Kathy (Westmoreland) - $2,165.00
Elvis Memories Beyond Graceland Gates - $1,701.00 & $1,500.00
We are also told there are more than half a dozen copies of the 1983 slimline Brixey, Dixon & Eggleston collaboration, 'Elvis at Graceland', listed at around $350.00 each!.

JDD
06-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Elvis what happened wasn't as bad as I feared it would be after years of hearing what a hatchet job it was. Hebler came off like a total twit but Reds sections weren't that bad. I only paid like 75 cents for it though used from the amazon merchants. I finally read it after bashing it to someone and they called me on it "have you read it?" nope, so I figured I needed to. I figued it would be three guys that hated him and ripped everything about him to shreads, but it wasn't quite that way. Its a shame they had to let some of that stuff out of the bag but, some of it does seem to be all these years later "what happened" . I always felt a little better about it after hearing Elvis called Red before the end and they kinda sortta made up. Sad story, but not as bad as some have been (see Albert Goldman's crapola book)

Elvis and Kathy I was always interested in. If I could get it for a couple 4 - 5 bucks I'd give it a chance but anyone that pays that kind of money for that, has a lot more disposable income then I do.

Anyone ever read Elvis and Kathy?

This was on EIN...
Interesting book prices...:)

franny

More amazing prices for Elvis books: ElvisBookResearch reports that on the abebooks.com site, four Elvis books are listed at prices of US$1,500.00 and above! The titles are:

Elvis What Happened? (Dunleavy, Wests & Hebler) - $2,750.00
Elvis & Kathy (Westmoreland) - $2,165.00
Elvis Memories Beyond Graceland Gates - $1,701.00 & $1,500.00
We are also told there are more than half a dozen copies of the 1983 slimline Brixey, Dixon & Eggleston collaboration, 'Elvis at Graceland', listed at around $350.00 each!.

franny
06-24-2006, 03:53 AM
I have the book Elvis: What Happened, but I haven't read it, yet...only for that reason, that I thought it was going to be a book bashing Elvis...All the publicity that surrounded it made it out to be that way...Plus, it was written when Red/Sonny West and Dave Hebler were fired...

I haven't read Elvis and Kathy...Maybe, if it goes down in price, I will get it...:)

franny

JDD
06-24-2006, 04:17 AM
I have the book Elvis: What Happened, but I haven't read it, yet...only for that reason, that I thought it was going to be a book bashing Elvis...All the publicity that surrounded it made it out to be that way...Plus, it was written when Red/Sonny West and Dave Hebler were fired...

I haven't read Elvis and Kathy...Maybe, if it goes down in price, I will get it...:)

franny

I started reading it totally expecting to not finish it. However all these years later with some of the things said now known to actually have happened, and me accepting that The King while the best, and over all a really decent person, was Human and did have some problems, more health problems then even we know to this day I suspect. it just didn't have the shock value that it would have back in 1977 . They do say right up front that it started out being a book where they wanted Elvis to know they were pissed off that they were fired, and the way they were fired. Then by the end though only Hebler seemed to have that mean attitude still. The other two seem to have actually cared, even if they went about showing it in the wrong way . I maybe have an advantage in having known someone with a problem with perscriptions , and knowing there just is no telling anyone with a problem they have a problem. If someone to this day though doesn't acknowledge that the King was a real person, that had some flaws and faults then they shouldn't even attempt to read it. If someone just wants the good stories there are many many better books. For that matter in 2006, there are better ones period, but I just like getting different takes on what went on, good and bad from people that were there where I wasn't. If any of that makes sense......