PDA

View Full Version : Last concert

wannes
06-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi, i just watch elvis final concert on vcd.
During the singing of Can't Help Falling in Love it appears if elvis is taking of a ring of his finger and trowing it into the crowd.
Did anyone else notice this or does anybody knows what happened to the ring.
Thanx.

elvisdownunder
06-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Sorry to say, thats not his final concert, Elvis never wore any rings for his last 2 concerts. BTW, i thought i had the last concert, but most of it turned out to be various 1977 tour footage mixed together and over dubbed with the audio recording to make it appear that way. But i think that You gave me a mountain, Bridge over troubled water, and Hurt are from the actual concert on my vcd

Lonniebealestreet
06-06-2006, 07:59 PM
If memory serves correctly (and if we are talking about the same compilation), Hurt is actually another show--maybe Chicago, May 2. The audio-video sync is most noticeably off on the long Hu-u-u-uuuuu-UUUUUUUUUUUUUU-uuuuuurt at the end.

elvisdownunder
06-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Yeah, i always thought that too.

thehillbillycat
06-08-2006, 01:35 AM
The Last Concert on VCD or DVD is a mixture from three shows. I ask about the ring be taken off that video on another forum. I figure this that it must be from Chicago because Elvis did take his ring off during that show and threw it in the audience. But could you imagine that......one word...............LAWSUIT..............:P
Let that ring hit somebody on the head. They might be getting a bad headache. This is a Elvis ring we talking about and his rings were heavy. So I would say ouch............:doh: :P :)