PDA

View Full Version : It's Impossible

gr319
06-04-2006, 09:33 PM
"It's Impossible" is such a classic gem from the "Fool" album. I can't get enough of this song. I keep looping it over and over and over. Just another song that showcases Elvis Presley's vocal talent. :king:

Wendy56
06-05-2006, 12:03 AM
That song was originaly named "Somos Novios" and was written by Armando Manzanero, a mexican man. The song is about a couple, how is to date someone... Sorry, can't explain it well, but let me tell is a very romantic and beautiful song. :wub:

You can listen a version (in spanish) sang by Luis Miguel, very famous artist, just checkin' this link (Press the play button and that's it).: http://www.anos60.com/latina/luis_miguel/novios.htm

gr319
06-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Wow, I wish Elvis had sung it in Spanish, Luis Miguel is absolutely mind blowing. Thanks for the information Wendy56:king:

rick
06-05-2006, 05:06 AM
sorry to disagree but I wished Elvis never recorded this dull, over-produced song. He should have left the schmaltz to Andy Williams.
rick

ForeverTheKing
06-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Well, to be honest I LOVE THIS SONG :wub: and the way Elvis sings it.
I have never heard it sung by another singer but, as always happens to me, I already know I'd like more Elvis one!:clap:
I'm glad to know the most part of you have my same opinion...(y)

Wendy56
06-05-2006, 07:30 AM
You're welcome gr319. :cool: Luis Miguel is a handsome famous singer, with a soft and nice voice as well.
I like Elvis version of the song too. It's Impossible sounds good to me. :)

Geert
06-05-2006, 02:28 PM
I thought I it was originaly a French song :blink:
I like the song very much but it's indeed true that it's an over-produced song. I think it's a bit the same with songs like My Way. Elvis gave his (live)version of My Way his own sound, wich in my opinion resulted in one of the best versions of this song. It's much more powerfull then the original Sinatra version.

tcbeus
06-05-2006, 02:38 PM
that's nice,but i like the Elvis version much better,his voice is deeper,and softer,i like that better.

ForeverTheKing
06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
I thought I it was originaly a French song :blink:
I like the song very much but it's indeed true that it's an over-produced song. I think it's a bit the same with songs like My Way. Elvis gave his (live)version of My Way his own sound, wich in my opinion resulted in one of the best versions of this song. It's much more powerfull then the original Sinatra version.

I agree Geert!(y)
I love the version of Sinatra...but it's colder then Elvis one, especially the live version...you can hear his soul in that song, especially in the Aloha concert or in1977!
The same for "It's Impossible"...great interpretation..:clap:

Lonniebealestreet
06-06-2006, 08:20 PM
It's Impossible has always been a favorite of mine. It is pure perfection--the vibrato is flawless, along with everything else--but it is also full of emotion.

"Can I hold you..." -- the word hold as emoted there conveys the message of the whole song..in that one word. Beautiful.

The overdubbed harp and whatever else is a nice touch as well. I generally abhor the way overdubs were applied to most Elvis songs, but on this tune it really works.

I have nostalgic reasons for favoring this song as well. It was included on Pure Gold, my first Elvis CD. But I'm sure I would love it regardless. Any love songs compilation without it is a stinker IMO. ;)

buttonhead
06-07-2006, 06:49 AM
It is one of my favorite Elvis love song... actually I love both version of Elvis Presley and Perry Como...

I wonder if.... any of you guys EVER sing or dedicate this song to your special someone ??? , just curious...

gr319
06-07-2006, 11:24 PM
The songs sends chills down my spine. :clap: :king: