PDA

View Full Version : The Omni in Atlanta

thehillbillycat
05-14-2006, 08:41 PM
I didn't know exactly to put this but I will put it here. For people was wondering about The Omni and how it looks. Well, you can't really find a good picture of it on the internet. But I found a postcard that it is on and it is a good picture of it. For those who doesn't know. Elvis performed here everytime he came to Atlanta during his concert days. His first concert in Atlanta during this time was June 21, 1973. His last concert was December 30, 1976. Sad is that The Omni doesn't stand anymore. Phillips Arena took it place. But you can find pictures from Elvis' shows that he did at the Omni and a scarf that is on loan. Well, so you want to see a good picture of The Omni? Well, here it is in full color. This postcard is from early 70. Enjoy this rare look at the late Omni that was in downtown Atlanta.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/ElvisBootlegs/File0167.jpg

U.S. Male
05-14-2006, 11:57 PM
That is so cool to see a photo of the old Omni arena.

I saw many a concert and wrestling show there, but unfortunately I never saw Elvis perform:supriced:

Photos of it are quite rare, so thanks for putting this one up.(y)

Unchained Melody
05-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks for sharing the picture with is Elvislennon, nice to see a good picture of the Omni arena, some awesome performances were put on there by Elvis thats for sure(y) .

thehillbillycat
05-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Well, when I saw was looking through my friend's postcards he had for 50 cents. He had a few of ths one. I was saying to myself since people has really never seen a good picture of the Omni that I wanted people to see it and this is a full shot of it or nearly a full shot. But it is a very nice picture of it. I am glad you like it.:D