PDA

View Full Version : Elvis: ( What If ? )Recording Sessions - 2005/6

themcq
05-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Here's an interesting thought?

What if Elvis had lived, what if, he had managed to shed the ever tightening blanket placed upon him by Col Parker, and the ever increasing demand by RCA to provide at least two hit singles and an album each year through out his recording career.

What if, instead of the incredible tour schedule of live concerts and Las Vegas appearances, we had an interim period of nothing ( No Albums, No Live appearances ). My personal opinion would be one great anticipation for each new recording or live appearance.......Refreshed, eager, and artistically ready for a new challenge.

Gone would be Parker, and with it his lack of knowledge of good management, gone would be the poor recording material, due to Parker and recording percentages ( Written by his coronies, and those who were simply unheard of in the music business ) until Elvis put his vocals to the poor lyrics.

What if, instead of just having the American Studio Recordings of 1969. Or the Stax Recordings of 1973. We had Albums produced by the likes of Rick Rubin, the man responsible for the later Albums of Johnny Cash ( i.e. The Man Comes Around, American II, American IV. ) Now there's a thought, for both fan's and Rick Rubin, and believe he would have sold both his kidneys to get Presley alone in a studio......But then I'm sure we all would have.......Just a thought ( What If ? )

Unchained Melody
05-11-2006, 01:39 AM
I don't like these "what if" games(n) , their to depressing:'( .

themcq
05-11-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't like these "what if" games(n) , their to depressing:'( .

" What if " is not a game, it's based upon a reasonable idea, or theory. In light of the present artist's who have been in the music business spanning thirty or forty years, it would seem that many come full circle, as stated in Johnny Cash's last recording albums in which, to many, were some of his finest works........ One only has to look at the like's of Neil Diamonds lastest release " 12 Songs " again under Rick Rubin production, which has outsold anything he has recorded in the last two decades. It was just an observation, and concept, that had Elvis lived, with the maturity that had been gained over fifty years of recording ( Like fine wine ) It would have been priceless...........................But, certainly nothing to get depressed over??????:hmm:

05-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Elvis and Rick Rubin....now that would be an album!