PDA

View Full Version : What did Elvis drank during the CBS concerts?

FlamingStar
05-06-2006, 06:38 PM
During the concerts in Omaha and Rapid City, sh91 think that Elvis drank Coca Cola! But i don't belive! He drank water!!!

What do you think?

Remember that when you get water on mc donald's,you get it in a cola bottle.

sH
05-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Pepsi or Coke he liked that kind of food.

emsteph
05-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I doubt it was Coke as this tends to make you get gas and the burps. Besides Elvis drank Pepsi, didn't he? :P

Likely water. Warm climate in the summer time.

Looking at past videos of Elvis drinking on stage, there were times he would drink water and then throw it at his piano player for fun...doubt that was cola.

Maybe even Gatoraid? He has stated in earlier concerts that he was drinking that?

Also could be that the cup was the stock used by the arena. I don't think bottled water was popular or even around back then. Or perhaps it was an advertising thing the Colonel had thought up...Elvis on TV holding a Coke cup. Much like today where the Nike swish is on a lot of celebrities for which they are paid to wear it.

EP75
05-06-2006, 10:25 PM
When EP performed here in Huntsville on June1, 1975 he drank coke. How do I know? Because a dear friend of mine asked one of the Sweet Inspirations for the glass right after the show. He took a sip and set it next to Estelle Brown and she was the one to give it my friend. She still had the cup with the coke in it covered in clear plastic up to the last time I saw her back in 2003. So it is quite possible that he was drinking coke instead of water. Also coke is known to clear nerves and to relax the stomach so he might have been real intense getting ready to face the cameras looking like he did.

thehillbillycat
05-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Elvis did sometimes drink a small bit of Coca Cola before a concert. He was more a Pepsi person very true. During the show itself excepts on a few occations like EP75 stated. He did drink Coca Cola during that show. EP75 is also correct about this statement and I quote: "Also coke is known to clear nerves and to relax the stomach so he might have been real intense getting ready to face the cameras looking like he did." Coca Cola is better for this than Pepsi. Coca Cola has stronger taste than Pepsi and that is why he drank Coca Cola.

Unchained Melody
05-07-2006, 04:17 AM
Interesting thread indeed

I've always wondered what it was Elvis was drinking on stage (not really) lol, anyway I would assume it was gatorade like he stated in the earlier shows, maybe drank coca cola or pepsi, or water, any of the choices are possible.

Menwithbrokenhearts
05-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Coming soon to a town near you.....
The ACTUAL CUP Elvis drank from at his last televised concert! Yes you heard that right. ANd believe it or not, after 29 years, the condensation has been perfectly perserved in a plastic baggie! Could we have Elvis' actual saliva perserved on the side of this cup? Stay tuned to find out......:lmfao: :lmfao:
Sorry :blush: :blink: :P I couldn't resist...

emsteph
05-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Could we have Elvis' actual saliva perserved on the side of this cup?

Ok then...we'll take his saliva and extract DNA from it and then with the cloning technology of today, we'll soon be seeing a NEW Elvis on stage!!!

(y)

Geert
05-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I think you two drank to much Fanta:P

Menwithbrokenhearts
05-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Ok then...we'll take his saliva and extract DNA from it and then with the cloning technology of today, we'll soon be seeing a NEW Elvis on stage!!!

(y)

I can't wait! :king:

Menwithbrokenhearts
05-08-2006, 06:25 AM
I think you two drank to much Fanta:P
Actually is was diet cherry Dr. Pepper. Everything I drink is diet. Could be all that aspartame affecting my brain! :blink: Haven't they done that to rats?:supriced:

Cryogenic
05-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Also could be that the cup was the stock used by the arena. I don't think bottled water was popular or even around back then. Or perhaps it was an advertising thing the Colonel had thought up...Elvis on TV holding a Coke cup. Much like today where the Nike swish is on a lot of celebrities for which they are paid to wear it.

Prudent thoughts.

Water is the most thirst-quenching drink in the world. We really only drink other beverages for the water -- but we often to choose to drink those other beverages because they are more satisfying (sugared drinks taste better; alchohol has relaxing effects, etc).

utmom2008
10-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Coming soon to a town near you.....
The ACTUAL CUP Elvis drank from at his last televised concert! Yes you heard that right. ANd believe it or not, after 29 years, the condensation has been perfectly perserved in a plastic baggie! Could we have Elvis' actual saliva perserved on the side of this cup? Stay tuned to find out......:lmfao: :lmfao:
Sorry :blush: :blink: :P I couldn't resist...
LOL...that's nothing! I'm trying to get the DNA off of my scarf so I can have him cloned and then have his "love child" :D

EnigmaticSun
10-25-2007, 08:52 PM
You can use cola to dissolve rusty elements. It's not good for your teeth. I like to drink it every now and then, but not too much and not to often.

ksimms2
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I doubt it was Coke as this tends to make you get gas and the burps. Besides Elvis drank Pepsi, didn't he? :P

Likely water. Warm climate in the summer time.

Looking at past videos of Elvis drinking on stage, there were times he would drink water and then throw it at his piano player for fun...doubt that was cola.

Maybe even Gatoraid? He has stated in earlier concerts that he was drinking that?

Elvis and the Colonel drank Mountain Valley Spring water and had it stocked wherever they went and yes he liked pepsi. But I'm sure like nowadays, some places stock coke products, some pepsi, so probably whatever the hotel used.....?

toffe
10-25-2007, 09:21 PM
This is very interesting thread, i think he was using Water, Pepsi, Gatorade etc, stuff like that to make his energy good :D

Diane
10-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Lord Charles, haven't seen you on posts in a while....have you lost it?:lol: It would be super if Elvis could be cloned...wonder what the result would be, same or someone very different.....would he have the same soul, way of thinking....it's a wild subject isn't it?

Diane

Tony Trout
10-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd venture to say that it was water in the plastic Coke cup that Elvis was drinking....

MJ27
10-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Coke and Pepsi do not calm the nerves.In fact, they have the opposite effect.They both contain caffeine ,which is a stimulant.:)

Tony Trout
10-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Coke and Pepsi do not calm the nerves.In fact, they have the opposite effect.They both contain caffeine ,which is a stimulant.:)

Exactly....that's why I'm guessing it's either water or Gatorade that Elvis took a sip of before walking out on stage....