PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Schilling's new book...

franny
03-30-2006, 03:02 AM
this was on the elvis.com site...
I know this quote came out in Feb., but I was just wondering what everyone thought about Jerry's new book that's coming out...
I think it will be a good one! I think Jerry was a true friend!

franny

Jerry Schilling's Book On Life With Elvis Coming August 17 - Advance Copies And More For Elvis Week 2006 Attendees 2/16/2006
On August 17, 2006, Penguin Books will publish Me And A Guy Named Elvis, My Lifelong Friendship with Elvis Presley, by Jerry Schilling. On August 11, Jerry will appear as a guest on Day 1 of the two-day Elvis Insiders Conference during Elvis Week 2006 to discuss the book. Advance copies of the book will be on sale in the Merchandise and Memorabilia Showroom that will be set up at the Memphis Marriott Hotel where the conference will take place. A book signing with Jerry will be scheduled in the showroom following his conference appearance that day. Then books also will be available in gift shops at Graceland.

Our thanks to Jerry and Penguin for accepting our invitation to present this special opportunity for Elvis fans attending Elvis Week 2006.

Elvis Insiders can look forward to a live chat on their members-only messageboard with Jerry, which will be scheduled and announced later this year.

In the months ahead EPE will be working with Jerry Schilling and Penguin in other ways to promote this excellent and highly anticipated book. More information to come.

riley
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
I liked Jerry Schilling a lot. He is cool and good looking.

Jungleroom76
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Personally, I am anxious to read this one!!! I've always enjoyed seeing or reading interviews with Jerry....he is very well-spoken and his stories of Elvis are fantastic!! (y)

I had the pleasure of meeting Jerry in Memphis during Elvis Week 2000, and he was so gracious and polite. He was a part of George Klein's Reunion Show at Alfred's on Beale Street, and his stories were told with such love and admiration for Elvis. Jerry is DEFINITELY one of the good guys, and I have no doubt that his book will be very well received by Elvis fans worldwide!!!

TCB!
Mike

Joe Car
03-30-2006, 07:29 PM
I liked Jerry Schilling a lot. He is cool and good looking.
Jerry always treated Elvis with the respect and dignity he deserved, while he was alive and since his death. I also never seen a picture of him where he had gained weight, he has always taken care of himself. Elvis bought him his house, ( in 1974 I believe) and he has said he will live there the rest of his life.

franny
03-30-2006, 07:50 PM
I love Jerry!!! :lol:
He always shows great respect for Elvis and he appreciated all that Elvis did for him and valued their friendship...I think Jerry truly cared about Elvis and he wasn't just there for the ride...He is such a gentleman! I really can't wait to read his book....

franny

Trev1
03-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Of all the Memphis mafia Jerry comes across the best as a very nice guy and a great friend to Elvis.... which cannot be said for some of the others!!
Should be an interesting read :!:

joanne
03-30-2006, 10:35 PM
He kisses priscillas ***.
He follows her around like a lap dog.
No doubt the book will be pro Priscilla.
We will once again hear the story of how Elvis went mad after seeing them in the kitchen together, how boring.
He backed her up on the EBTP dvd and worked on the Elvis and Me film which portrayed Elvis very badly.
I have no respect for the guy.

Cherokee
03-30-2006, 11:47 PM
^I have to agree with Joanne here. I have said it in another thread about the Memphis Mafia:

Jerry Schilling, sigh. I think probably the smartest, most educated and sophisticated of the lot, but also the most glib one. He's become a showbiz type and has jumped on the bandwagon, more than any of the others, of seeing and handling Elvis as a product. He will only say things about Elvis (and Pris and Lisa) that will perpetuate the positive image of Elvis or downplay the bad stuff. It's not that he won't say truths about Elvis' prescription drug abuse or something, but he will always have a scenario ready in which everything is explained and excused. He's still heavily in with Morticia oops, Priscilla and Lisa, so I also believe that he has rules to obide by (or is that to?) and what he says in some ways is censored by his relationship by Pris and Lisa.

Cryogenic
03-31-2006, 01:12 AM
He kisses priscillas ***.
He follows her around like a lap dog.
No doubt the book will be pro Priscilla.
We will once again hear the story of how Elvis went mad after seeing them in the kitchen together, how boring.
He backed her up on the EBTP dvd and worked on the Elvis and Me film which portrayed Elvis very badly.
I have no respect for the guy.

I think they've long been attracted to each other. It happens. They're both good looking people. It aint easy to stand next to Elvis and still look good -- but these two both did. Schilling still has his looks whilst Priscilla has gone down the plastic surgery route, though. Plastic: a bit like her babble.

Jerry is fundamentally a good guy, I think. But there is also the "pro-EPE/pro-Priscilla" issue. I'd love for him to release an audio book. I could hear that man talk for hours.

Unchained Melody
03-31-2006, 03:54 AM
Thanks for sharing this news Franny. I like Jerry alot, should be a good book in my opinion.

franny
04-01-2006, 03:21 AM
You're very welcome, elvispresleyfan1935!
I think it will be a great book too! ;)

franny

tcbeus
04-04-2006, 02:10 PM
i like Jerry a lot and can't wait to read his book,but there might be something in that Priscilla and Jerry-thing.

Unchained Melody
04-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I love Jerry!!! :lol:
He always shows great respect for Elvis and he appreciated all that Elvis did for him and valued their friendship...I think Jerry truly cared about Elvis and he wasn't just there for the ride...He is such a gentleman! I really can't wait to read his book....

franny
I agree 100% Franny.

graceland123
04-04-2006, 10:16 PM
i like Jerry a lot and can't wait to read his book,but there might be something in that Priscilla and Jerry-thing.i think hes given her one.

she had it off with elvis step brother. thats been in one of their books.

Cherokee
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
i think hes given her one.

As much as I dislike Morticia, you have to take anything said by any of the Stanley brothers with a truckload of salt.:!: (n)

graceland123
04-04-2006, 10:36 PM
i can t remember which bro it was but she was discovered making out with him in the back of the car
he was the ugly one but i don t know his name he has an interest in racing cars i believe

Cherokee
04-04-2006, 11:09 PM
i can t remember which bro it was but she was discovered making out with him in the back of the car
he was the ugly one but i don t know his name he has an interest in racing cars i believe

:hmm: Is there any other kind of Stanley bro?:lmfao:

joanne
04-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I heard that story and it was in a book that I read many years ago.
I think the guy in question was Billy and it was at a time when she was trying to get the brothers to sign away the rights to something and she told them that they should keep in touch and she never contacted them again.

graceland123
04-07-2006, 08:00 PM
:hmm: Is there any other kind of Stanley bro?:lmfao:i know it but i beleive it

Unchained Melody
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
i think hes given her one.

Interesting, news to me:hmm: .

graceland123
04-07-2006, 08:18 PM
i dont know which book it was brad but it was one of them that the brothers did

Cherokee
06-19-2006, 03:07 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592402313/sr=8-1/qid=1150473479/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8543682-8286308?%5Fencoding=UTF8

It's funny to see how, especially on Lisa's official MB, the kids see Jerry as a genuine good guy because "If Priscilla and Lisa are good with him, that's good for us". God, the ignorance! :rolleyes:

Diane
06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
I read Billy's book a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure that he was the one who said that Priscilla was making out with David in the back seat of a car after suggesting they go skinny dipping in the pool at Graceland. Billy felt that was out of line so close to where Elvis was buried. I could be wrong.........I tend to like Billy the best of the brothers although it seems he was the most messed up drug-wise, he sounded like he cared for Elvis in his book that he wrote out of guilt for being part of his mother's book "Elvis We Love You Tender". He never comes forward for interviews spouting the lies his other brothers do, maybe he's too bad off to go public, we may never know.

I like Jerry Shilling but I think as some of you other TCB members do that he is under Priscilla's thumb as is Lisa Marie.

JDD
06-19-2006, 09:13 PM
this was on the elvis.com site...
I know this quote came out in Feb., but I was just wondering what everyone thought about Jerry's new book that's coming out...
I think it will be a good one! I think Jerry was a true friend!

franny

I'm usually willing to give them all a try. GK says he's read this book already and its a good one so thats as good a reccomendation as you can get IMO. Thats enough to get me to buy it anyway, from there Jerry Schilling has to do the rest. Looking forward to it.

franny
06-20-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm usually willing to give them all a try. GK says he's read this book already and its a good one so thats as good a reccomendation as you can get IMO. Thats enough to get me to buy it anyway, from there Jerry Schilling has to do the rest. Looking forward to it.

It sounds like it should be a great book!
A signed copy is selling for ONLY $300...:lol:

franny

JDD
06-20-2006, 03:58 AM

franny

Oh wow are you serious? I'd pay about 25 bucks tops. Thats crazy its not signed by Elvis, no autograph but his would be worth that money to me.

franny
06-21-2006, 03:15 AM
Oh wow are you serious? I'd pay about 25 bucks tops. Thats crazy its not signed by Elvis, no autograph but his would be worth that money to me.

Yes, I'm serious...I know, there's no way I'd pay $300 for it, I like Jerry, but that's way too much!

franny

Lee82
06-21-2006, 06:46 AM

franny

That's absolutely ridiculous. Just because he used to hang around with Elvis Presley that doesn't mean his autograph should be worth $300. :blink:

Dovey
06-21-2006, 01:55 PM
At that price, I doubt that he will be selling many copies of his book. ;)

franny
06-22-2006, 03:58 AM
At that price, I doubt that he will be selling many copies of his book. ;)

Not the signed copies, that's for sure...:lmfao:..

franny

JDD
06-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Not the signed copies, that's for sure...:lmfao:..

franny

He'll probably sell some though like the saying goes "There is a sucker born every minute" . Old Jim from IL isn't going to be one, .... this time.

Menwithbrokenhearts
06-22-2006, 06:57 AM
That's crazy. I bought Charlie Hodge's signed book for $22.00 a couple of years ago. I might buy Jerry's book, but not signed, that's for sure. Not worth it.

ps. Just preordered it on Amazon for $16.38 new, hardback edition. Looks like it's been marked down.

Cherokee
06-22-2006, 10:42 AM

franny

If that isn't proof that Elvis has become a product to him, just the way he has become a product to Morticia and Lisa Marie, then I don't know what is:!: (n)

franny
06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
If that isn't proof that Elvis has become a product to him, just the way he has become a product to Morticia and Lisa Marie, then I don't know what is:!: (n)

I think a lot of people consider Elvis a "product".....It's sad, really....and check out the MM and either their books or sites...lol...

franny

Lee82
06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
I was looking at the archives at ElvisNews.com (http://www.elvisnews.com), and it turns out that it's not $300 for one signed book, but a set of twelve signed books for $312. (http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/news.aspx?command=show&item=7779) So, if you divide $312 by 12, you get $26 for each book--that's not unreasonable. But I must ask: who on earth (besides, say, a library or bookstore) buys a set of twelve of the same book?!

ForeverTheKing
06-23-2006, 09:35 AM
I was looking at the archives at ElvisNews.com (http://www.elvisnews.com), and it turns out that it's not $300 for one signed book, but a set of twelve signed books. (http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/news.aspx?command=show&item=7779) So, if you divide $312 by 12, you get $26 for each book--that's not unreasonable. But I must ask: who on earth (besides, say, a library or bookstore) buys a set of twelve of the same book?!

Someone totally mad!!!:lmfao:
I don't think I'll be able to find this book here in Italy..I'd be curious but I wouldn't like to read the usual things and, although I don't dislike Jerry..I have always doubts about the fact they really tell the truth in these books or there are manipulations just to have the approvation of someone else or to keep a sort of "image" of many protagonists (for example Priscilla).
Anyway, I agree when someone here says Elvis is only a product now...I trust nobody..(n) ...I'm sure their principal intent is to make money and go on making it using their connection with Elvis.
Also Jerry did his mistakes...."Elvis and Me" is a clear example...and what about EBTP?Why was Jerry the only one to speak there?In a "Presleys" documentary?
I still think Jerry is the only one who totally approve Priscilla's behaviour so I can't have a total positive opinion about him.....get free from Cilla, Jerry...and go on your own way...:P

riley
06-26-2006, 10:16 AM
That story is there to read in the book Child Bride by Suzanne Finstadt:P

Cherokee
06-26-2006, 12:47 PM
That story is there to read in the book Child Bride by Suzanne Finstadt:P

Ah, would that be the same Suzanne Finstadt who has recently written the "ultimate" biography on Warren Beatty? (which turns out to be a collection of myth and quotes from earlier books on the man? :rolleyes:)

franny
06-27-2006, 02:31 AM
That's crazy. I bought Charlie Hodge's signed book for $22.00 a couple of years ago. I might buy Jerry's book, but not signed, that's for sure. Not worth it.

ps. Just preordered it on Amazon for $16.38 new, hardback edition. Looks like it's been marked down.

Thanks, for the tip..I pre-ordered that and I ordered Elvis and Kathy....both at good prices on amazon...

franny