PDA

View Full Version : Elvis and the little girl with a high voice!

mistymorning
03-10-2006, 08:44 PM
have you heard that E& Cathy westmoreland had an affair for a short time?! she doesn,t look like the type of girl that Elvis prefered!!
If you have any knowledge I will be happy to know! Thanks!

joanne
03-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Elvis and Cathy did have a relationship that developed into a very strong friendship.

mistymorning
03-10-2006, 09:27 PM
A little more explain please!;)

joanne
03-11-2006, 01:55 AM
A little more explain please!;)You don`t want all the juicy details do you? :D

elvisdownunder
03-11-2006, 03:08 AM
from memory from the book i have called Careless love, here is a very brief over view of Kathy's relationship with Elvis

Kathy Westmoreland was introduced to Elvis through Elvis's soprano singer Millie Kirkham having other committments, and having to leave the band. they met in mid August 1970 (i think). they immediately bonded and had a great friend ship, that turned in to something more a while later (and Elvis was still married to Priscilla!) after a show in either the September or November 1970 tour, Elvis declared to the band 'Kathy is still a virgin!'. this hurt her feelings, but Elvis meant no harm, and that night......well yeah lol :P

after this though, they decided it could no longer. they remained friends until 1975 on wards, Elvis started making sexual jokes about her sleeping with the band and things liek this, due to Kathy not taking up a relationship with Elvis earlier. during one concert, Kathy walked off the stage, and other back up singers followed. Kathy prepared to leave, but stayed with Elvis till the last show

thats just a brief history of their relationship

Sattnin
03-11-2006, 03:46 AM
I found this info on Elvis Presley News about Kathy:

"Replacing Millie Kirkham, Westmoreland toured with Elvis during his 70?s concert tours. Before too long their on-stage relationship turned to romance. During the time Elvis dated Kathy he bought her several cars including a blue Continental Mark V.

A rather embarrassing incident occurred at the North Carolina concert on July 20, 1975 when Elvis introduced Kathy by saying "This Kathy Westmoreland our soprano singer, who doesn?t like the way I introduce her? if she doesn?t like it, she can get the hell of the stage?."

Shocked! Kathy and two other singers walked off the stage in front of the audience. Later Elvis apologized and they became friends again, and remained so till his death.

In her revealing autobiography, "Elvis and Kathy", she admits to falling in love with Elvis and sleeping with him. Noting that sex was involved. Her book also covered the fact that she, Larry Geller and Charlie Hodge were told by Elvis? doctor, Dr Nickopoulos, that Elvis was dying of bone cancer?.

03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
That bone cancer story was fabrictaed to see who in the group was leaking information. Vernon told the other guy's he was planning to do it to find the leak.

Sattnin
03-11-2006, 02:09 PM
That bone cancer story was fabrictaed to see who in the group was leaking information. Vernon told the other guy's he was planning to do it to find the leak.

That's really interesting story and a relief to know it wasn't true. Thanks for the info!!:D

maia
03-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I have quite a bit of information that makes me believe he DID have cancer...or something like cancer. This is not "hearsay", but collected through many years by me...from people (more than one) who knew him, several with whom I have discussed it. For more info on my research see this page on my ELC website:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/theman/ailments/man_ailments.html

The one who said that Vernon leaked it was one of his mafia guys on Larry King. I believe it was Lamar. Most (not all) of the MM CANNOT BE BELIEVED. They are malcontents who lived parasitic lives off of Elvis (and this includes the Stanley brothers). :secret:

mistymorning
03-11-2006, 07:57 PM
oh my God! it,s really sooooo sad! how can he bear all those ailments?! I can,t imagin elvis suffering sooo much! I read somewhere that he was an alpha 1 sufferer , can you please explain about it too?

Indre
03-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Geez, this is the first time I hear that there was an affair between those two..I somehow thought she was the only real professional that looked at Elvis only professionally....I am a HUGE Elvis fan, but I gotta say, poor Kathy :( she has a really beauuutiful voice, and I'm glad she stayed in the band till the very end (y)

joanne
03-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Geez, this is the first time I hear that there was an affair between those two..I somehow thought she was the only real professional that looked at Elvis only professionally....I am a HUGE Elvis fan, but I gotta say, poor Kathy :( she has a really beauuutiful voice, and I'm glad she stayed in the band till the very end (y)How can any woman look at Elvis only professionally! :D :D :D

Indre
03-11-2006, 11:31 PM
How can any woman look at Elvis only professionally! :D :D :D

LOL yeah, and he knew quite well how to use it, that goofball :D

Sattnin
03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
I have quite a bit of information that makes me believe he DID have cancer...or something like cancer. This is not "hearsay", but collected through many years by me...from people (more than one) who knew him, several with whom I have discussed it. For more info on my research see this page on my ELC website:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/theman/ailments/man_ailments.html

The one who said that Vernon leaked it was one of his mafia guys on Larry King. I believe it was Lamar. Most (not all) of the MM CANNOT BE BELIEVED. They are malcontents who lived parasitic lives off of Elvis (and this includes the Stanley brothers). :secret:

How sad to think Elvis may have suffered terrible in his last days:'(

Sattnin
03-12-2006, 12:24 AM
oh my God! it,s really sooooo sad! how can he bear all those ailments?! I can,t imagin elvis suffering sooo much! I read somewhere that he was an alpha 1 sufferer , can you please explain about it too?

Mistymorning, here is some info on Alpha 1:

Alpha-1 Fast Facts
Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) is a condition that is passed on from parents to their children through genes. This condition may result in serious lung and/or liver disease at various ages in life. There may be up to 100,000 people with Alpha-1 (ZZ) in the United States

The most common signs and symptoms of Alpha-1 are:

Shortness of breath
Wheezing
Chronic cough and sputum (phlegm) production (chronic bronchitis)
Recurrent chest colds
Jaundice
Swelling of the abdomen
Gastrointestinal bleeding
Decreased excercise tolerance
Non respnsive asthma or year round allergies
Unexplained liver problems or elevated liver enzymes
BronchiectasisAlpha-1 has been identified in virtually all populations. It is estimated that as many as 1 in every 2,500 Americans have Alpha-1.
An estimated 20 million people have one normal and one defective alpha-1 gene. People with one normal gene and one defective gene (for example MZ) are called ?carriers?. Carriers may pass the defective gene on to their children.
Alpha-1 can lead to lung destruction and is often misdiagnosed as asthma or smoking-related Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).

Alpha-1 is the most common genetic risk factor for emphysema.
As many as 3% of all people diagnosed with COPD have Alpha-1.Alpha-1 can lead to liver disease. The most serious liver diseases are cirrhosis and hepatoma.
The World Health Organization (WHO), American Thoracic Society (ATS) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS) recommend that all individuals with COPD be tested for Alpha-1.
Alpha-1 can be detected by a simple blood test or the new mouth swab test.

03-12-2006, 03:46 AM
Elvis' autopsy report will not be made public untill 50 years have passed since his death. Elvis had some of the diseases you mention, which Dr.Nick and the guys can confirm. Apart from those, his lifestyle, addiction to prescription medication and poor diet coupled with his family history led to his early demise. He was as is everyone far from perfect, but the majority of his poor health was a result of the life he led.

When he had an abscess on his hand in the 70's and thought he had healing powers, because in the Bible it says something to the extent of "physician, heal thy self" he took a knife to it, and made it ten times worse causing yet more infection.

The primary reason for Elvis' bloat and appearance was a combination of a blocked colon and liver disease and the cortisone shots he took to combat it.

Yes, Elvis ate a lot but what you saw in that last CBS Concert was not from food. His appearence was all too familiar with that of Glady's and Billy's father before they died.

I admire Elvis, but don't believe he had any long term degenrative diseases, except congestive heart failure which was a result of his lifestyle.

mistymorning
03-12-2006, 04:11 AM
do you know "those details" and deny us to know too?!!:D

You don`t want all the juicy details do you? :D

mistymorning
03-12-2006, 04:18 AM
dear Sattnin thank you very much for your detailed in fomation about alpha 1
I had some info. about the disease in this thread too
http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=6838
what do you think of it?!

Sattnin
03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
dear Sattnin thank you very much for your detailed in fomation about alpha 1
I had some info. about the disease in this thread too
http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=6838
what do you think of it?!

Your welcome mistymorning!! Your info was really interesting to read. When you think about how Elvis was raised in poverty, his ancestry background etc. it makes sense. And when I read what 0349054 has said, it is all so interesting. I am learning things I never knew. I appreciate all the info that each member can share. I'll be 56 years old when the official autopsy report will be made public. Just 20 more years and we will finally know the real truth. I know Elvis was far from perfect. He had an addiction to prescription drugs. Unfortunatley, there were no Betty Ford clinics at that time to help him. I'm not sure that it could have. Elvis truely believed that the drugs he took were safe. After all, he kept an updated PDR (Physicians Desk Reference) so to him, he saw no harm. But what he took, the amount, and how often he took the drugs eventually brought him down. Had he not taken drugs at all, would he still have suffered a massive heart attack and died? That's something that we may never know. Hopefully, in 20 more years our long awaited questions will be answered. Sorry for rambling on :blush:

03-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Very true Sattnin. I just think we were lucky to have had him for 42 years. Elvis was never destined to live very long - most gifted people don't. However there is no point in us saying Elvis had all these diseases when he didn't, people use these to get away from the fact that the life he led was not a healthy one, and contributed to his death.

Sattnin
03-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Well said 0349054 http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7061/smileycat0kz.gif

Dovey
03-13-2006, 01:22 PM
"03"

Elvis' autopsy report will not be made public untill 50 years have passed since his death.

I was wondering if you knew the reason that they sealed Elvis' autopsy for so many years? (50) I have searched and do not seem to find the answer. (It seems like a very long time and most of the people who were involved with him will be gone... or is that the reason?) Sure hope I am around!!!! Thanks in advance, Dovey

03-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Vernon did not want the public to have access to Elvis' autopsy findings. Lisa Marie has all the documents now and the pictures of the autopsy have been destroyed by EPE.

maia
03-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Elvis and Alpha 1 possibilities:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/theman/ailments/ailm_alpha1rept.html

KPM
03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
I am not going to get into a great debate about what Elvis had or did not have we've done that before and everyone has an opinion based on who or what you believe, but I read an interview with Dr. Nick and he said now looking back on Elvis and his complaints of pain that with almost 30 years of advances in medical knowledge and understanding of certain diseases he feels Elvis may have had several things including severe arthritis of the spine which "Did" cause him countless hours of pain. I wish I could find the actual interview if I do I will post it. that is all I can remember. He stated Elvis may have had other conditions looking back over his records on Elvis with hindsight. My mother has an arthritic spine and she has months where all she can just take the pain medication and sit. It wipes her out. Then she can have a good month ot two and then back to the pain.

03-15-2006, 09:24 PM
From the Alpha 1 link:

"If Elvis believed he had cancer, it could explain why his friends believed - and still do believe - it. It also supplies a reason for the variety of drugs he was prescribed."

They were told after Elvis died by Vernon. Vernon told them because he wanted to see who was leaking information. Vernon made it up, to identify the leak in the group.

Also who wrote that Article on Bone Cancer or Alpha 1 concerning Elvis? I have to say, a vivid imagionation was employed, but so was the continuing - Elvis can't be blamed for anything - train of thought. Bottom line, more than likely he'd still be here had he not abused his body.

Unchained Melody
03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
On the dvd Elvis: Behinde The Image Vol.1 Kathy talks about her relationship with Elvis and she goes into a little detail to