PDA

View Full Version : Linda Thompson

joanne
03-10-2006, 08:32 PM
From the latest edition of Essential Elvis magazine-

Andrew Hearn finds out how things are going with Linda Thompson.

Linda Thompson, former beauty queen and Elvis girlfriend, has had a tough couple of years. With a marriage that became increasingly difficult, leading to an inevitable split, Linda feels it`s now time to bounce back with several interesting projects.
During a recent conversation, Linda told me about her current situation, and her exciting plans for the future...

LT: Andrew, thank you for the concern, I appreciate it.

AH: It`s not just me, there are so many Elvis fans over here that are asking me about you, wanting me to pass on their best wishes.

LT: I appreciate that so much, that`s so kind. I`m hanging in there, and really doing quite well. It`s been a long time coming, and I had a few years to prepare myself for the termination of my marriage. There was a separation two years ago, and I filed for a divorce then. We did reconcile, but it just didn`t work out.

AH: You`re still living in the same house in Malibu, right?

LT: Yes, I`m still in the same house, but it has now been sold. It was sold about six, eight months ago when we were still together.
Larry Ellison bought it, along with a couple of restaurants and twelve houses on Carbon Beach. He is the CEO of Oracle Corporation, and he`s a really nice guy.

AH: And he`s a friend of yours?

LT: Right, that`s how come I`m still here, living in the house. He`s been gracious enough to allow me to stay here.

AH: Is David still living there?

LT: No, David has now gone, but he does still use the studio here on the property.

AH: So, now that you`re free to do what you want, what are your plans for the future?

LT: Well, I plan to spend a lot of my time with my sons, Brandon and Brody. I still write music and poetry, and I`ve just written a song for Richard Marx [remember the beautiful love song Right Here Waiting For You? - AH].
One of my friends was talking to me just the other day, and eventually I really have to put that book together. I feel that I owe it to Elvis` memory. It`s not only going to be about Elvis, but about my life too. My life growing up in the South, about discovering poetry, and I think it`ll be inspirational to a lot of people. I want to show that you can be resilient through life, no matter what your circumstances are.
From being twenty years old flying around on the Lisa Marie, to being able to bounce back flying economy.
It`s important to be able to let life flow through you, without it changing the integrity of your character.
You really have to know who you are, and remain as you are.
You also have to remain confident. The circumstances around you might change, but who you are doesn`t. Someone said to me just the other day that true friends stay friends.

AH: Your book would surely reach a large audience for a number of different reasons. Elvis fans have been screaming out for a book from you.

LT: You know, David was so insecure about my relationship with Elvis, even though it was thirty years ago. He prevented me from thinking about Elvis; he made it very difficult. I told him that it`s not as though Elvis is going to come back and reclaim me. I`d tell him that Elvis had left the building, he`s not coming back.

AH: Now your circumstances have changed, there`s been some talk about a possible venture into the Elvis world, maybe even talking at fan club events.

LT: I think I owe it to Elvis; to write a book. I`ve never thought that I`d honoured Elvis as well as I could have. So, I`d love to talk at events, in conjunction with the promotion of the book. We`d need to promote it.

AH: In that case, allow us to invite you to the UK first.
Make me a promise, okay?

LT: Okay, wonderful (laughs).

AH: It`s fantastic to hear that you`re plans involve Elvis. The fans will be delighted.

LT: Please, on my behalf, thank the fans there for their concern and for their best wishes and prayers. I appreciate it, and find it very fortifying. Please let them know that it`s been fortifying to my spirit. I am resilient, and I`m looking forward with positivity and optimism. I`m always grateful for life`s experience, and it`s important to not lose the lesson. You have to appreciate life, and whatever good comes out of it. It`s the same with our marriage. If nothing else, I feel that some brilliant songs came from it. It was all for a purpose; all for a reason.

AH: You mentioned your two sons [from a previous marriage to Bruce Jenner]. How are they both doing these days?

LT: They are both doing great with their bands. Brandon, who is now 24, is in a band with his girlfriend, Leah Felder, who is the daughter of Don Felder, the original guitarist of The Eagles.
Brandon writes music, he writes lyrics, plays the guitar and sings.
Brandon grew up with Elvis music, and he really connected to it. You can sometimes hear Elvis` influence in his music. His band is called Big Dume, and they have a website at bigdume.com.

AH: And Brody?

LT: He has a band called Facehumper (laughs)! They play all the clubs in Hollywood, and they`re both currently models for Guess. They are such good looking boys.

AH: Hey, what`d you expect!

joanne
03-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Fantastic to hear shes writing a book, I can`t wait.
Her knowledge that she has of Elvis`s later years is invaluable.
We will get to know just what Elvis was going through and although I`m sure she will talk about the pills etc I do feel she will give a balanced view.
I can`t wait to see her on tv talking about him, Priscilla won`t be happy, tough... :D

03-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Top Woman. Had she stayed with Elvis he would be still with us.

Dovey
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I think you are right on that one for sure "03" But I guess it wasn't meant to be for some reason.... Dovey

joanne
03-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Did Linda leave Elvis or did he get rid of her?
I ask that question because Linda has always said that she left Elvis but there has been talk that Elvis got rid of her because he had met Ginger.
I do like Linda and I`m not against her but I would be interested to know what really happened.

Tommy
03-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Linda said she left Elvis because she wanted a family and children and she knew with Elvis' life style she couldn't have it with him. She said he understood.

Cherokee
03-11-2006, 08:22 PM
She's also always said she left him because she could not bear witnessing him self destruct anymore. She'd tried various ways to get through to him, but he was too far gone and she was not going to stay there and watch the man she loved willingly go to pieces. She gave him several ultimatums, but apparently he didn't think she would follow through.....:'(

Indre
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
I do not like her since the day I saw her on the Larry King's show.

amzietamzie
03-11-2006, 11:51 PM
What happened on the Larry King Show?

I've always liked her- I think she took great care of Elvis and saw some of his worst moments and helped him get through them. She seems to have always shown respect and love towards him, unless I've missed something, and I think in a way he depended on her. She also seemed to be exactly the type of person Elvis needed- very different from Priscilla and Ginger- more down-to-earth.

Without her, maybe Elvis would have been taken away from us even earlier and I agree- if she had stayed then maybe Elvis would still be alive... she seemed to care about him a whole lot more than Ginger.

The very fact that the first person Lisa rang when Elvis died was Linda seems to me to say a whole lot.

joanne
03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I do not like her since the day I saw her on the Larry King's show.Why not, I thought she came across very friendly.

Indre
03-12-2006, 12:31 AM
I haven't seen that video (I have that conversation on a tape) in a year or so, I hardly remember any details, but all I know is I didn't like her, and she talked as if she had been some goddess that the humble Elvis had the courage to ask the phone number of. :blink: And all that big friendship with Lisa - I think Linda is the only one that imagines (or imagined) that.
It's just my own personal opinion - please keep your rotten tomatoes to yourselves, if you could be so kind :D

THENATUREBOY
03-12-2006, 12:50 AM
I actually like Linda more than any girl Elvis every had. She seemed to really care for him, and she hang in there as long as she could bear with Elvis. She came along way to late and she was fighting a losing cause, and because she tried as hard as she could, and really hang in there, I will always respect her for that.

ForeverTheKing
03-12-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't know a lot about Linda after the end of the relationship with Elvis but, to be honest, I like her, maybe more than Priscilla.

I don't know if Elvis could have been "better" with her in his life but I think she really loved him and she had to take a difficult decision when she decided to leave.

I knew she had a good relationship with Lisa Marie and that when Elvis died Lisa called first Linda than her mother. Is it true? If it were true it would be quite sad for a mother...

riley
03-12-2006, 09:31 AM
IT IS NOT TRUE

Lisa didn't call anyone.

Her brother Sam Thompson called Linda and then Lisa grabbed the telephone and talked to her, in disspair.

Priscilla was called by Joe Esposito.

I am a huge Priscilla fan but didn't dislike Linda at all. She was a nice lady too. But the truth may not be forgotten.

Ginger I dislike. She didn't care about him at all. The fact that she was freshly showered and had make up on when she called for help gives me the shills really.
There were phone calls made with the press to tell her story before she called out for help. Imagine:angry: :angry:

I do not understand that there never was a serious investigation.
Where was she during the funeral???
I always heard that Priscilla took charge. Was Ginger alreaddy out of the picture. Or was she send away by an anger Vernon.

As for Linda I liked her till the day I saw an episode of the princess of Malibu where she and her former husband and her rotten spoiled sons made fun of Elvis. I was mad really. From then I dislike her(n) :mad:

Priscilla made mistakes and she cheated on him but we never walked in her shoes. Elvis wasn't an angel either. I think despite everything she was the love of his life and she loved him too.

And the way she keeps his memory alive(y)

Of course it has made her wealthy but in the first place she saved Graceland for Lisa and she was and still his the living proof of their love.:)

Indre
03-12-2006, 11:05 AM
IT IS NOT TRUE

Of course it has made her wealthy but in the first place she saved Graceland for Lisa and she was and still his the living proof of their love.:)

It was not Cilla that saved the Graceland. It was done by smart managers.

Cherokee
03-12-2006, 11:15 AM
IT IS NOT TRUE

Priscilla made mistakes and she cheated on him but we never walked in her shoes. Elvis wasn't an angel either. I think despite everything she was the love of his life and she loved him too.

And the way she keeps his memory alive(y)

Whoa, somebody better help you brush up on your Elvis History!:supriced:
She may have loved him for a time, but she ended up - as he'd always say - "profiting" from him, even in death.(n)

And just HOW does she keep his memory alive? By rewriting history to suit her self invented sainthood, in which she neglects to mention her extra-marital afffair(s), the fact that she legally dropped the name Presley in 1973, the fact that she allows ***** merchandise (like Elvis dog collars for Christsake!) to be sold for attrocious amounts. Yes, bless that greedy tart!:angry:

Indre
03-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Me agrees with Cherokee - "Riley", you should really get deeper into the Elvis story. There are many things that I'm not aware of as well, but I do know that Cilla has been making her living out of the Presley name for more than 30 years now. :angry:

riley
03-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Can you name someone close to Elvis who never earned one dollar due to elvis passing away.

Can you name someone who never ever told one story, wrote a book, gave an interview, shared pictures, didn't gave one tiny little interview.

Cilla was not a saint, she cheated on him and he cheated on her.

He was human, she was and the life they led was a special life. Not many showbizz marriages last.

I never had the feeling that she wanted to be called a saint.

She simply can't ignore the fact she cheated on him, lots of pictures to proove that. But why do you tell that she reinvented her Elvis past.

Don't get me wrong. My loyalty goes first towards Elvis. I'm a fan since I was nine and never stopped loving and defending him.

Not everything she choose to do had my approval neighter.

There are so many stories and mysteries surrounding him what is truth what is false. Been to Graceland, spoke with some who knew him personnaly and I can tell you some stories will never be told publicly.

Some of his inner circle liked Cilla some didn't. The same goes for Linda.

As for the merchandising, well I don't know exactly that Priscilla must approve everything that EPE wants to sell.

And how far is Priscilla still in charge after Lisa came more and more in the picture and sold a great share.

(Just wanted to add that this discussion would be much easier for me in my own native language. It is sometimes hard to write a reply saying everything you have in mind in another language)

amzietamzie
03-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Riley- you're right. Everyone who was connected with Elvis will of course have some gain from it- financial, social or in their own memories.

I think that there are numerous reasons why people have a problem with Priscilla in particular though.

First of all- the very fact that she still calls herself "Priscilla Presley" when SHE left and divorced him about 30 years ago. She never had the audacity to call herself a Presley when he was still alive and I think that she shouldn't change.

She neglects to mention her son and partner when she's been with Garibaldi for a very very long time.

It has been found that she changes her story according to who she's talking to her and what she wants people to think- particularly of herself.

In Elvis By the Presleys (note Presleys), there was discussion at great length of Elvis' faults and affairs, but none of Cilla's own escapades with other men.

She is still called by many "Elvis' widow" because that's the picture she paints of herself. It's just not true.

There are more reasons why people feel that they dislike her and many why we should like her.

I personally think that she and Elvis did care about each other- holding hands at the divorce shows this greatly to me. I think Elvis did depend on her at times and they loved each other. But I also think that they may have been slightly incompatable together.

I can imagine Elvis would have been hard to be with at times but I don't think that excuses people making him out to be some kind of bad husband and bully when his legacy is constantly in some kind of jeopardy anyway with narrow-minded *****s only thinking of him as the "fat guy in jumpsuits" which is not true and so very sad.

What I don't like is some of the things she's done since Elvis' demise. But she has also done great things for his legacy, in a way. I guess it does depend on how you view events.... but Priscilla isn't as great as she makes herself out to be.

By the way, great English Riley!

Cherokee
03-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Can you name someone close to Elvis who never earned one dollar due to elvis passing away.

Can you name someone who never ever told one story, wrote a book, gave an interview, shared pictures, didn't gave one tiny little interview.

Cilla was not a saint, she cheated on him and he cheated on her.

He was human, she was and the life they led was a special life. Not many showbizz marriages last.

I never had the feeling that she wanted to be called a saint.

She simply can't ignore the fact she cheated on him, lots of pictures to proove that. But why do you tell that she reinvented her Elvis past.

Don't get me wrong. My loyalty goes first towards Elvis. I'm a fan since I was nine and never stopped loving and defending him.

Not everything she choose to do had my approval neighter.

There are so many stories and mysteries surrounding him what is truth what is false. Been to Graceland, spoke with some who knew him personnaly and I can tell you some stories will never be told publicly.

Some of his inner circle liked Cilla some didn't. The same goes for Linda.

As for the merchandising, well I don't know exactly that Priscilla must approve everything that EPE wants to sell.

And how far is Priscilla still in charge after Lisa came more and more in the picture and sold a great share.

(Just wanted to add that this discussion would be much easier for me in my own native language. It is sometimes hard to write a reply saying everything you have in mind in another language)

English isn't my native language either, so we're even.

From what you write it seems that you haven't seen most of her post-1977 interviews, first for networks and later on products like the "Elvis by the Presley's (!!!!!!)" DVD.
Everybody here is fully aware that we'll never know as much about the situation as those who actually lived it, from what perspective (friend, wife, girlfriend, child or whatever) that may have been. But most people here ARE fully aware of what took place before, during and (especially) right AFTER the marriage between Pris and Elvis. Fact is that she legally dropped the name Presley because, as she stated literally in printed and other media she "wanted to be her own entity" and "no longer be viewed as owned by Elvis".
Before the body was cold, she became Beaulieu-Presley again and the longer he was dead, the more she acted "the widow" instead of the ex.
She talks about Graceland as if it was her home at the time of his death. She now calls him a wonderful husband and great father, which wasn't exactly what she said in interviews around the time of their divorce and a few years after that.
Elvis was no saint, God, what a revelation:rolleyes: Fact is that she already knew that WAY before she married him. She was the "other woman" in Germany, remember, as Elvis had Anita Wood waiting for him at home.
Before she got married to Elvis there already were many others, not least of whom Ann Margret, but still she insisted on becoming Mrs. Presley. Why? So that she could whine about it later, that he was so mean to her? Come on, she went in there with her eyes open. Her parents at first tried to talk her out of it, but she put her foot down. Somebody in another thread said it looked like she was now getting even for all the years she spent near Elvis "suffering". That seems to be a good explanation.

Indre
03-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Cherokee---- :clap: :clap: :clap: well said.
English is not my native either.
The fact is, that Cilla keeps trashing Elvis, without mentioning her own faults. And still keeps that Presley name because without it she would be working at a Walmart.
Anyway, this thread is about Linda, not about Cilla.
I think the only women of Elvis I like are the earliest ones. June, Anita, Ann Margret.
RIP Elvis.

riley
03-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks amazietamzie.

You said it all so beautiful.

You're right about a lot of things. Me personnaly would also have done things different. in the first place I never ever would have left him.

I never would have cheated on him. Who needs another man when you are married to Elvis Presley:blush:

The name Presley, indeed she's the ex wife not the widow.

I once read that she wants to keep Navaronne and her friend Marco out of the picture because they don't feel very comfortable beinkg linked to the Presley name, which is to be understand.

Without Elvis, Priscilla had never made her way into the public life. She probably would have married a army's capitain or coloner or whatever:lol:

But I can't help it, I simply like her. I think it's partly because I just found them such a awesome couple. Also the fact that she and Lisa had their problems but worked it out quite allright.

I think she did a good job raising Lisa which wasn't a very easy child.
I think she might even have blamed her mother when she was a teenager that her father died of a broken heart. I think the two of them had a lot to talk about and Priscilla will have had the tough job to tell Lisa all the truth and nothing but.

She will have told Lisa things that we the fans will never know what exactly went wrong in her married life.

It's my opinion that Lisa adored her father and still does. But she also made mistakes and in my opinion Lisa is not a person with a lot of responsability. Priscilla on the other hand is the strong one.

I also think that she has her own unique talent. She is a woman who wanted to be more than just Elvis wife. She's very creative, always busy doing something. She likes designing clothes, jewelry, parfum etc..

Sometimes I think that Elvis should have let her do her thing. Let her be creative, have her own job or shop or something. But he didn't want that and the child bride became a woman he could not handle.

As far as I'm concerned, I really wish everything could have been different for the two of them.

And blame me but when I listen to the song you were always on my mind I think that Elvis is singing that song for Priscilla and there he tells us how HE felt about her.

ForeverTheKing
03-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by riley
I think she did a good job raising Lisa which wasn't a very easy child.

I don't know a lot about the relationship between mother and daughter but I know that if there were problems wasn't only because Lisa was a "difficul" girl but maybe because her mother did some mistakes with her...after Elvis death Lisa needed much more attentions than others and I know Priscilla thought a lot about herself and her career instead of her daughter. If a son/daughter seems "not easy" there must be deep reasons...moreover if you live your life under reflectors as Lisa Marie did since she was born.:hmm:

About Priscilla, I agree with Cherokee , Indre and amzietamzie !
To me nobody here is telling that Cilla considers herself a saint, anyway, if you watch "Elvis By The Presleys" you have a clear example of her personal way to talk about Elvis and their relationship and she has always been this way...too evasive when she had to describe her real behaviour when they broke up. Who doesn't know anything about Elvis has the impression that she HAD to leave him because of the fact she hadn't a real life and he enjoyed having others women....no words about her betrayals...she always appears as a victim and a desolate widow, a poor girl that didn't have a own life and a woman that now still loves him....please!:lmfao:

We can't know what Elvis thought after the divorce...of course he still had care of her, especially for her daughter but he went on with his life... he perhaps understood she wasn't his twin soul. Maybe he missed more a family than her in particular.

Of course she had to stand a lot of things during their marriage but when she got married she wasn't so ingenue and she knew the risks.
Unfortunately, after her behaviour in these years (her way to take care of business, her book+movie, her interviews and so on..) I can't believe in her!(n)

Anyway, we were talking about Linda...I saw that documentary about the last days of Elvis and she personally told the story of the call by Lisa Marie the day of Elvis death...I don't know if it's true but she didn't seem a liar and when she talked about him you could notice her feelings...this was, of course, my personal sensation watching the interwiew....I don't have the same sensations with Cilla that, to me, still appears too cold and calculator when she speaks about Elvis.
To me Elvis is not her ex BIGGEST LOVE anymore but just a product she wants to sell in her way.

Originally posted by Indre
I think the only women of Elvis I like are the earliest ones. June, Anita, Ann Margret.

You're right...fortunately he met also others nice women in his life...Dixie Locke and June Juanico seemed the kind of women for him and about Ann Margret ...I think they really loved each other in that period!;)

riley
03-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Linda. Well like I said before to begin with. I also liked Linda.
She is always laughing, always sharing good stories about her and Elvis.
She cared about him OK. But she left him. She was also seeing someone else at the end of their relationship.
She also had her minors. She betrayed Elvis trust by letting her friend make some revealing pictures about Elvis bedroom and bathroom. She gave access to the upper floor when Elvis was out of town. A girlfriend of her took a bunch of pictures. Linda didn't need to allow that to happen. Elvis upper floor was his world and nobody needed to know about his very private places
She spended A LOT OF MONEY on jewellry and clothes. Even Elvis complained that she bought extremely much to several family members.

The way she acted in the princess of malibu. She made fun of Elvis, her sons made fun of Elvis, her husband made fun of Elvis. And she seemed to enjoye it.

As a former girlfriend she didn't have the chance or rather she didn't HAVE TO cope with everything that should be done as Cilla needed to do.

Who knows what she would have decided to do or not do with Graceland and the whole legacy Elvis left behind.

We don't know, do we.

Some of you refer to interviews of Priscilla . Well here I must tell that I never ever read an interview of Priscilla where she really puts Elvis down, as a father as a husband as a entertainer. Did she really. :supriced: :supriced: Did you read those interviews and where can I find these.

I can't comment on something that I do not know.

In my opinion she always talked about Elvis as being a good husband and father and a great entertainer. Did she told it otherwise in earlier days?????

I doubt it but I am willing to read it and see it with my own eyes

Indre
03-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Riley, read the book "Elvis and me" by cilla. Like someone I know remarked - "a story of a sweet, sugar-coated innocend lamb, seduced by an immature macho". :hmm:

03-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm not defending Linda, but Elvis would not exactly be the easiest person in the world to live with. He was self-destructive and egotistical. Yes he was Elvis, but if you love someone it is quite difficult to watch them on self-destruct. As for her having a boyfriend at the end of the relationship - Elvis had several girlfriends during it.

She saved his life on several occasions after he took too many pills. Often she lay awake to make sure he continued to breathe after he had taken one of his attack packs before going to bed. She was very good to him, and as I said before she woulden't have fallen asleep on the morning of August 16th 1977.

Linda. Well like I said before to begin with. I also liked Linda.
She is always laughing, always sharing good stories about her and Elvis.
She cared about him OK. But she left him. She was also seeing someone else at the end of their relationship.
She also had her minors. She betrayed Elvis trust by letting her friend make some revealing pictures about Elvis bedroom and bathroom. She gave access to the upper floor when Elvis was out of town. A girlfriend of her took a bunch of pictures. Linda didn't need to allow that to happen. Elvis upper floor was his world and nobody needed to know about his very private places
She spended A LOT OF MONEY on jewellry and clothes. Even Elvis complained that she bought extremely much to several family members.

The way she acted in the princess of malibu. She made fun of Elvis, her sons made fun of Elvis, her husband made fun of Elvis. And she seemed to enjoye it.

As a former girlfriend she didn't have the chance or rather she didn't HAVE TO cope with everything that should be done as Cilla needed to do.

Who knows what she would have decided to do or not do with Graceland and the whole legacy Elvis left behind.

We don't know, do we.

Some of you refer to interviews of Priscilla . Well here I must tell that I never ever read an interview of Priscilla where she really puts Elvis down, as a father as a husband as a entertainer. Did she really. :supriced: :supriced: Did you read those interviews and where can I find these.

I can't comment on something that I do not know.

In my opinion she always talked about Elvis as being a good husband and father and a great entertainer. Did she told it otherwise in earlier days?????

I doubt it but I am willing to read it and see it with my own eyes

ForeverTheKing
03-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Did she really. Did you read those interviews and where can I find these.

No, nothing about the content of her interviews..no bad words about Elvis, this is sure!
But after the book and movie "Elvis And Me" it seems so strange for me to listen her talking about what marvellous was Elvis as a man and husband..I still see some contradictions in her behaviour and of course I don't like the fact she always omits too many things when she talks about her marriage.
If from the beginning she had described him as a "great man but with defects" I couldn't have said anything about her...but in that movie Elvis seemed so unpleasant...she could tell the truth in another way!
Of course, this is my opinion, based on the feelings I had when I watched the movie.

About the interwies just my impression about her way to speak, not about her words.

And Linda, you're right...we can't know what she would have done instead of Priscilla with Elvis legacy...I still thank Priscilla for Graceland...no doubts about this...but I still think she likes the business and she doesn't do anything just for his memory

riley
03-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Forevertheking,

I liked your last post.

And once again here I must admit that I didn't like the actor nor the way he portrayed Elvis in the movie elvis and me?

I liked the actress, she looked like Priscilla a lot.

But Elvis was so cruel, so cold, not at all the Elvis we know with those beautiful soft eyes that lovely smile etc...

I liked the book. I found that it was told with a lot of love.

I have my doubts about the rape scene in Germany. Here are things that do not fit. Who was the guy who wanted to rape Priscilla. I also read child bride and here Priscilla is not described as an honnest person but again what is true what is not.

Also the fact that Elvis tried to rape her at the end of the marriage is so unlike Elvis.

Indeed Priscilla has stated contradictions and that is what I mean that she and Lisa will have had a lot to talk about. And I have the opinion that Lisa respects her mum a lot. What exactly has been told between the two of us we will never know. But I'm sure Priscilla shall have told the whole truth towards Lisa. Lisa is a person that won't buy any crap not even from her mother.

She made the song Raven, especially for Priscilla and in my opinion that says a lot about her feelings over the past.

By the way I also saw the King and the beauty queen and Linda came out as a saint as well but Elvis again was put down.

Believe me that makes me angry too and I also would like to know what is truth what is not.

Cherokee
03-12-2006, 02:19 PM
I have won a package of clippings on E-bay with several older magazine articles and cuttings from books etc.
In one from an English language (I think it's Australian or British) TV-guide from as late as JUNE 1977 Priscilla is quoted as saying

"...When you're known as the woman who is married to the King of Rock and Roll, everybody assumes you lead the most fantastic life imaginable. Nothing could be further from the truth. People do not get to Elvis' position by being there for others. They only live for themselves and everything and everyone around them is subservient to the purpose of promoting this person's greatness. You end up being seen as an extension of that person and nobody is interested in you. It comes to a point where people only are interested in you because you are married to Elvis Presley. I felt that I was more than that. So, aside from all the other marital problems we had, my reasons for leaving Elvis were to reclaim my identity as Priscilla Beaulieu, a whole and separate, independent person. I wanted to make a statement that the only person I belonged to was myself, that I no longer was the property of Elvis Presley."

The date on the pages (2.5 pages 1 pic of Elvis in concert, 1 pic of Pris in front of her Boutique "Biss and Beau" (of BEAUlieu!) refers to a broadcast on June 29th of "Aloha from Hawaii". The title of the interview is "Trouble in the Kingdom" Why Elvis' Queen had to leave her King. It starts with an intro about the recent health problems of Elvis, the bad rumors about his drug abuse and as far as Priscilla is concerned it's about her aspirations to make it into fashion, acting and presenting.

ForeverTheKing
03-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Believe me that makes me angry too and I also would like to know what is truth what is not

Guess what? We'll never know the truth, unfortunately.
Everyone has his version of the facts and Elvis can't talk anymore...everybody seems to be a saint but everybody had had his profit...

riley
03-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks for posting this Cherokee.

Never read this. I think the content is still the same as she tells it now. she still says she was living her life in a bubble. She didn't have the chace to develop her own identity,

She wanted to live a normal life . While around Elvis you didn't have a life everything was centered around his.

These things she keeps on saying. She never altered her versions.

Like I said, some women would have been content just being his wife and having everything beautiful cars, clothes and jewels.

Priscilla is a women in my opinion a very smart women and she needed to grow.

At a certain point Elvis said to her. I do not recognize you anymore and at that point there marriage was over.

Just look at the pictures, hundreds of them together. You see HER changing.

From that shy teenager, to the women he loved and adored with the heavy made up eyes and long black hair.
After the birth of Lisa she changed a lot physically.

There she was that beautiful woman with hardly any make up but so often with a sad look.

Priscilla was not really happy during her married life. Not because Elvis wa a bad person or she was a bad person. But I think they had very different personalities.

I am married about 16 years and I have to admit that I also became another person. When I married I was still very young. Now I can tell honestly that I matured and that I see the things a whole lot different than back in those days.

That is normal. Priscilla was still a child when she met Elvis. Love was enough in the beginning but she changed and became a women.

That doesnt make her a bad person.

In the film Elvis and Me I think that was the most beautiful and touching scene when Elvis visits her in het LA home and he says. "You're a beautiful woman Priscilla, I think I never knew the woman just the girl".

As for using the Presley name, others are also often referred to as "elvis his girlfriend", "Elvis his last girlfriend" etc...

She uses the name that is true but hell she's the only women Elvis ever married and still the mother of the only Presley heir.

Cherokee
03-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Riley, how can you bystep what she said in that (and other) interviews?:blink:

She literally said she wanted to reclaim her identity as "Priscilla BEAULIEU" and did not want to continue being seen as "an extension of Elvis Presley" and that one of the reasons why she left is that she was only seen as another means to "promote Elvis' greatness", which - again in her words - wasn't all that great or fantastic.

Now where is her identity of Priscilla BEAULIEU, nearly thirty years after Elvis' passing and nearly 20 years after hooking up with Marco GARIBALDI and becoming the mother of Navarone GARIBALDI? If she didn't want to become another MRS. to someone, why did she go back to her DEAD, EX-husband's last name, PROMOTING him the way she never wanted to do while married to him and continue living as an EXTENSION to him, long after she ceased having anything to do with him other than sharing biological parenthood over Lisa???????
She's a shrewd businesswoman who, once she'd tasted the limelight, could not gracefully step out of it after she divorced Elvis, but took every opportunity, first through trying to be a fashiondesigner/actress/writer/entrepreneur - but now that she's not as much in the market anymore, through BEDLINENS(!!!!!!?????) with HIS (not her) name on it, to cling to all the public attention and more importantly, the cash register!

riley
03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Cherokee,

Do you think she still needs those dollars. The Presley family is soooo rich alreaddy.

She just is a buzzy bee I guess. Needs something to do.
As far as her ventures in the past, she did it quite well.
I liked her naked gun films. They were not about Elvis and she did a good acting job.

Just found a text which says so much about both Elvis and Priscilla

For my Beautiful Mother and Father
(deep breath and big gasp for air on this one!)
Each of us have pioneered unusual imperfect lives and challenges individually, GOD I wish we could have all been there for the other in doing so. It may not have made it any easier but it would have been a lot less serious. We are still an eternal unit never broken, and I love and appreciate you two so very much it could bury me alive! I hope I haven't been too much of a burden to bear, but hey! If I have, it runs in the **** family! :) ~ L (Lisa's dedication on her "What Now?" CD - 2005)

joanne
03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't know a lot about the relationship between mother and daughter but I know that if there were problems wasn't only because Lisa was a "difficul" girlbut maybe because her mother did some mistakes with her...after Elvis death Lisa needed much more attentions than others and I know Priscilla thought a lot about herself and her career instead of her daughter. If a son/daughter seems "not easy" there must be deep reasons...moreover if you live your life under reflectors as Lisa Marie did since she was born.:hmm:

About Priscilla, I agree with Cherokee , Indre and amzietamzie !
To me nobody here is telling that Cilla considers herself a saint, anyway, if you watch "Elvis By The Presleys" you have a clear example of her personal way to talk about Elvis and their relationship and she has always been this way...too evasive when she had to describe her real behaviour when they broke up. Who doesn't know anything about Elvis has the impression that she HAD to leave him because of the fact she hadn't a real life and he enjoyed having others women....no words about her betrayals...she always appears as a victim and a desolate widow, a poor girl that didn't have a own life and a woman that now still loves him....please!:lmfao:

We can't know what Elvis thought after the divorce...of course he still had care of her, especially for her daughter but he went on with his life... he perhaps understood she wasn't his twin soul. Maybe he missed more a family than her in particular.

Of course she had to stand a lot of things during their marriage but when she got married she wasn't so ingenue and she knew the risks.
Unfortunately, after her behaviour in these years (her way to take care of business, her book+movie, her interviews and so on..) I can't believe in her!(n)

Anyway, we were talking about Linda...I saw that documentary about the last days of Elvis and she personally told the story of the call by Lisa Marie the day of Elvis death...I don't know if it's true but she didn't seem a liar and when she talked about him you could notice her feelings...this was, of course, my personal sensation watching the interwiew....I don't have the same sensations with Cilla that, to me, still appears too cold and calculator when she speaks about Elvis.
To me Elvis is not her ex BIGGEST LOVE anymore but just a product she wants to sell in her way.

You're right...fortunately he met also others nice women in his life...Dixie Locke and June Juanico seemed the kind of women for him and about Ann Margret ...I think they really loved each other in that period!;)I completely agree. As this thread is about Linda lets compare her behaviour to Priscilla.
When Linda started living with Elvis it was apparent that Priscilla didn`t like her and even made comments at the time in magazines that she didn`t want to upset his girlfriend but that Elvis had been begging her day and night to go back to him.
What a *****y remark and very unfair to Linda considering that it was Priscilla that left Elvis for Mike Stone.
She was jealous that Elvis could love another woman after her and although she no longer wanted him she didn`t want anyone else to have him.
Linda has had to listen all these years to Priscilla making out that Elvis couldn`t let go of her and that they continued to see each other all the time.
On Priscillas A&E biography she even got Joanie Esposito to say that Elvis still continued relying on her for emotional support that he wasn`t getting anywhere else.
When Linda appeared on Larry King he was asking her about the first time that she met Lisa-Marie and then he said "Did you meet Priscilla too? and Linda said "Met Priscilla. But only a couple of times. Priscilla was really not on the scene as much as people might assume."
But "Lisa Marie was." and she said that his bodyguards would collect her.
Funnily enough within weeks of Linda being on the show Priscilla decided she wanted to go on and when Larry asked her if she saw Elvis after the divorce she said "all the time".
We are supposed to believe that Priscilla was at Graceland all the time after the divorce or that Elvis was at her house visiting all the time well if that is the case then why did bodyguards have to pick her up?
I don`t believe anything that Priscilla says anymore particularly after Child Bride.
She couldn`t let Linda have an ounce of limelight without her staking her claim as the love of his life.
I`m not saying Linda is perfect as she obviously enjoyed the money and the high life when she was with Elvis but she could have miked her relationship a lot more than she has.
Linda has always stated that Lisa phoned her and told her of Elvis`s death and there is no reason to doubt her as Elvis himself said that Lisa knew all the phone numbers of everybody.
These are excerpts from interviews regarding Lisa telling her about Elvis dying-

I believe it was Lisa who told you of Elvis` death?
She called me. She was only 9-years old but she had the presence of mind to call me and tell me what had happened.

How did you hear?
My phone rang, and it was Lisa Marie, who was only nine years old at the time, and she used to call me from time to time because we were very close. As I said, I loved her a lot then. I love her a lot now. And she said, Linda, it`s Lisa.
I said, I know who you are, little goobernickel. But she had this desperate tone in her voice, and I thought he was playing. I thought maybe she was just out of breath. She said, my daddy`s dead. My daddy`s dead. And I threw the phone in the air. I just threw the phone away. I said, no, no, he`s not.
And then I looked at the phone on the ground and I thought, here`s this little nine-year-old angel who has the presence of mind to call me long distance directly. I have got to pick up this phone. I have got to say something to her that`s gonna help her. So I pick up the phone. I say, honey, are you sure he`s not just going to the hospital and he`s not just having an episode or a problem, a breathing problem?
No, no. They told me, he`s dead. So I just started trying to say things to her to comfort her. Like your daddy loves you so much. You`ll always have that love, and that doesn`t die. And my brother took the phone from Lisa and said, Linda, you have to come home.

I do not believe that a man (Sam Thompson) would let a little 9 year old girl tell his sister that Elvis had died.
What I believed happened is that he discovered Lisa on the phone and then spoke to his sister.
That is in agreement with what Linda said.
When it was the time of the funeral Priscilla got her revenge again when she changed the interior of Graceland back to how it looked when she and Elvis were together and as Joanie Esposito said "when they were happiest".
Gone was the "red decor" that Linda and Elvis had chosen and lived with and back out came the original furniture that had been put in storage and brought out for Priscilla`s redecoration.
Priscilla changed it because another woman had redecorated "her" house.
There are also stories of how Priscilla stopped Linda from flying to Elvis`s funeral on one of the planes and how she kicked Linda`s family out of their house but I don`t know the full story on that so I don`t want to comment.

03-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Lets not forget how willing he was to enter that marriage with no pressure from The Colonel or Cilla's father!

Yeah Cilla hogged the Lisa Marie for herself to fly to Memphis. Patti Parry and Linda were meant to travel on it.

amzietamzie
03-12-2006, 03:11 PM
First of all, you are all AMAZING at English! :notworthy

That article is very interesting and revealing Cherokee. Thanks for posting it!

In it, she states very clearly that she wanted to escape from Elvis, her connection with him, her name that she was given the day she married him, and virtually everything to do with him. She seems quite bitter about the adoration Elvis received, and continues to have to this very day.

She says
It comes to a point where people only are interested in you because you are married to Elvis Presley... well, the only reason people know she is nowadays is directly a result of her telling the whole world again and again that she was Elvis' wife and how much he loved her and the life she had with him and her home at Graceland.

If she wants respect for herself as an individual then she shouldn't use Elvis' name. She has just proved that by using it, she is mainly interesed in money and fame.

Non-Elvis fans only have to blink to see Cilla's connection to Elvis- they have to look harder to notice Linda Thompson, June Juanico, Anita Wood, Ann-Margret and others. PRISCILLA has made it so. I personally believe the others deserve recognition as I believe Elvis cared about them just as he cared about Cilla.

I like some of the things Cilla has done for Elvis' name and legacy, she seems to me to be a very clever, possibly manipulative (??), woman and I do truly believe that they cared about each other.

But the point- she has escalated her role in Elvis life HUGELY and for two clear goals- money and fame. She has every right to be connected to Elvis' name, as Elvis' only wife and the mother of his only child but it should end there- Elvis' ex-wife. She has no right to market herself as Elvis' weeping widow mourning her beloved husbadnd one moment and then switch and become the innocent little bride who was snatched by a big, over-rated bully the next....

She does contradict herself frequently, as this article clearly proves. She says she wants respect for her individuality but I don't see any of it- all I see is Elvis' name and image.

joanne
03-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Cherokee,

Do you think she still needs those dollars. The Presley family is soooo rich alreaddy.

She just is a buzzy bee I guess. Needs something to do.
As far as her ventures in the past, she did it quite well.
I liked her naked gun films. They were not about Elvis and she did a good acting job.

Just found a text which says so much about both Elvis and Priscilla

For my Beautiful Mother and Father
(deep breath and big gasp for air on this one!)
Each of us have pioneered unusual imperfect lives and challenges individually, GOD I wish we could have all been there for the other in doing so. It may not have made it any easier but it would have been a lot less serious. We are still an eternal unit never broken, and I love and appreciate you two so very much it could bury me alive! I hope I haven't been too much of a burden to bear, but hey! If I have, it runs in the **** family! :) ~ L (Lisa's dedication on her "What Now?" CD - 2005)If she doesn`t need the money then why does everything that she does contain a price tag?
The Priscilla Presley Collection -duvet covers, pillowcases etc.
Elvis By The Presleys cd, dvd, book.
Priscilla Presley perfumes.

Cherokee
03-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Joanne, I believe the story about Pris not allowing Linda to fly on the plane is right, as well as her not riding in one of the first cars in the funeral procession.

It's also true that Lisa called Linda and Joe called Priscilla who was either at her sister's or going to meet her sister. In that respect I also have to laugh at the scenes on "Elvis by the Presley's" or, more accurately, "Elvis by 2 Presley's (Lisa and the cousin) and a whole bunch of Beaulieus", where Priscilla and her sister talk about the mail in the mailbox in Beverly Hills. You HAVE to know that is scripted, the way the sister SPONTANEOUSLY remembers such events. God.:rolleyes:

0349054, Exactly, more than one person has said that Elvis was tricked or rather bribed into marrying Priscilla, yet she comes up with this romantic fairytale of him presenting her with the wedding ring at Graceland, what a joke!:lmfao:

03-12-2006, 03:25 PM
He married her, but it certainly wasn't something he was 100% committed in doing.

The whole ceremony was a mess, creating divisons between him and his friends.

Sattnin
03-12-2006, 03:38 PM
I like Linda. She really tried to take care of Elvis and had she succeeded in getting him off drugs, I think he would still be with us today. I saw her in an "E-True Hollywood Story" interview and she said she left Elvis because of his self destruction and she knew there was nothing she could do to help him. She knew it was a matter of time before he would die, and she didn't want to be there when that happened. That's when she decided it was time to move on.

joanne
03-12-2006, 03:49 PM
I once read that she wants to keep Navaronne and her friend Marco out of the picture because they don't feel very comfortable beinkg linked to the Presley name, which is to be understand.

[/quote]In response to that she keeps them out of the picture because it suits her to do so.
She has been in a relationship with Garibaldi for longer than the whole time she knew Elvis but it doesn`t suit her image as Elvis`s widow to have a new family on board so she keeps them in the background.
Garibaldi knows the score though and he feels very comfortable with it all.
Elvis is a business to them and he is probably at home counting the money.

binoreisen
03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=riley]IT IS NOT TRUE

I abolutely agree - I like Cilla too....

ForeverTheKing
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh my God...I'm getting mad reading all these posts...anyway, a very stimulating thread and a lot of different views!!:lol:

Riley seems to be in a minority position...I'm sorry but I'm conforted to have the same impressions as many others about Priscilla.
Sometimes it can seem a sort of envy of her but this is not the right point...the fact that so many people see in her what I see makes me feel better.
Of course it's a very interesting topic for the discussion.

Riley, I don't agree with you when you said that Cilla doesn't care about money...she left Elvis because she wanted her own life and she didn't want to be considered only for her connection with him...but this is what she keeps doing now.
If she wanted to be considered only "Priscilla Beaulieu" she had to start her life away from Elvis and going on with her life after his death. She could take care of business in another way but her first mistake (or better her first contradiction) was to take back the name Presley and then to use that name for her career.

Maybe in Usa she's popular for many things but, believe in me, I live in Italy and we don't know Priscilla as an actress or something else she could have done in her life, but only for everything concerning Elvis (books, DVDs, interviews and so on)...she 's still considered so much only because her connection with him.

This doesn't seem a problem for her NOW...because it's suitable for her.
But we are talking a lot about Cilla...maybe we can go to the thread "What's your opinion of Priscilla?"..:lol: :lol:

About Linda...I'm glad to know that the story of the phone call is not a false and, I didn't know about the fact of the plane...she started to be the widow from the beginning...:angry:

joanne
03-12-2006, 04:56 PM
It will be nice to hear the story from Linda`s point of view.

riley
03-12-2006, 05:10 PM
This was on EIN about the marriage Elvis was "forced to"

British journalist Derek Johnson is the former news editor of the New Musical Express. Johnson became a good friend of Elvis?, not only staying with him while he was based in Germany but also getting personal invitations to stay at Graceland. Even towards the end of his life, Elvis confided in Johnson and made some very disturbing remarks about how sad his life had become

In late 1966 Elvis told me, "I confess that after a lengthy infatuation with Priscilla, I have now found true love with her. Parker has been on at me for some months to get married because it would be good for my image, and that?s been one of the few things I've ever agreed with him."

joanne
03-12-2006, 05:12 PM
I don`t think Linda has started on the book yet but I think she`ll be coming over to England to promote it.

Cherokee
03-12-2006, 05:39 PM

British journalist Derek Johnson is the former news editor of the New Musical Express. Johnson became a good friend of Elvis?, not only staying with him while he was based in Germany but also getting personal invitations to stay at Graceland. Even towards the end of his life, Elvis confided in Johnson and made some very disturbing remarks about how sad his life had become

In late 1966 Elvis told me, "I confess that after a lengthy infatuation with Priscilla, I have now found true love with her. Parker has been on at me for some months to get married because it would be good for my image, and that?s been one of the few things I've ever agreed with him."

Okay, this was on EIN in May of 2005

Was Elvis forced to marry Priscilla?: Marty Lacker has taken issue with comments made by Priscilla Presley in Elvis by the Presleys dispelling the rumor that The Colonel and Vernon Presley pressured Elvis into marrying her. Marty Lacker stated on the alt.elvis.king messageboard: "I'm surprised she even addresses that. Let me put it this way and I normally don't do this but if she wants to face me, I will swear on the lives of my children and grandchildren that is exactly what Elvis told me in '66 on the day he apologized for his yelling during the only arguement we ever had and then asked me to be the Best Man at the wedding. Something had made him agitated the day after we came home from LA and the night before he was overjoyed and in a great mood when he saw his newly redecorated bedroom by my brother in law. He said the reason for the argument was that her father pressured and threatened him if he didn't marry her. Therefore either Elvis or Priscilla and her parents are lying. Guess who I believe. It's easy to cover your *** 39 years later. I'm glad she is aware of what I have written and said." (News, Source: Marty Lacker, alt.elvis.king)

03-12-2006, 08:03 PM
No offence, but in 66' Elvis was under huge pressure to marry her. A British Journalist is the last person he would confide his true feelings to and the first he would tell a white lie to. He had an image to keep up, and at that stage Priscilla and Elvis marrying whether he liked or not, as he expressed he didn't to his friends, he had to portray.

Maybe Elvis did say those words - but those around him and closest to him at the time say his real opinion was completely different.

Dovey
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Joanne, I believe the story about Pris not allowing Linda to fly on the plane is right, as well as her not riding in one of the first cars in the funeral procession.

It's also true that Lisa called Linda and Joe called Priscilla who was either at her sister's or going to meet her sister. In that respect I also have to laugh at the scenes on "Elvis by the Presley's" or, more accurately, "Elvis by 2 Presley's (Lisa and the cousin) and a whole bunch of Beaulieus", where Priscilla and her sister talk about the mail in the mailbox in Beverly Hills. You HAVE to know that is scripted, the way the sister SPONTANEOUSLY remembers such events. God.:rolleyes:

0349054, Exactly, more than one person has said that Elvis was tricked or rather bribed into marrying Priscilla, yet she comes up with this romantic fairytale of him presenting her with the wedding ring at Graceland, what a joke!:lmfao:

Cherokee, (y) (y) (y) You are soooooooo right. It is almost like you can read my mind and many other Elvis Fans thoughts. :doh: The true shame of it all is that Elvis is not here to tell his side of the story so people can think whatever they want to~~~~ but if they truly listen and read much about Elvis and the MM they would know that the men who were with Elvis constantly call "silly cilla" a "demon" (That was on TV here in the USA on the History Channel) I think if the program was all lies greedy cilla would sue them for sure. ($$$$$$$$$$$)

I think this thread is about Linda and as far as I am concerned she is a "Peach" and her and Elvis were "Great" together!!!!!!!! I often wonder what life would of been like for him if he had meet such a lovely nurturing woman first !! Know what I mean~~~ one that was a grown woman and ready to truly commit to the man she loved? Perhaps he would of been a different person also. Dovey :pepsi:

joanne
03-12-2006, 10:40 PM
We all know that Elvis voiced a lot of his opinions to the guys around him, for instance he did the movies that he didn`t particularly enjoy but never publicly ran them down or went to the Colonel about it but in private he kept telling the guys how unhappy he was.
The same goes for his wedding to Priscilla. This is an excerpt from an interview with Sonny West-

Let`s talk about the women in his life. Priscilla, in the sixties. I`ve never believed for one second that Elvis wanted to marry her. I think it was done to please the colonel, his father and others.

Sonny: You`re right on, Scott. Right on the mark there. He didn`t want to at all.

Was he in love with her do you think?

Sonny: He was in love with her, at first. But then... You have to remember they were together six or seven years, and a lot of love can go away between some people in that amount of time. There`s still love there, but the intensity is gone. Elvis was still working with co-stars... Ann-Margret, he flipped over her as you know... To me, I just felt that he didn`t want to get married, but he`d given his word to Priscilla`s father a while back. So when it came to her being 21, her father asked Elvis to fulfil his obligations. Elvis resisted for a while, then Mr. Beaulieu spoke to the Colonel. It was something that Colonel Parker organised real quick.

After the marriage Elvis asked his wife for a trial separation but he still couldn`t get rid of her.
Personally I always liked Anita Wood and that was who Gladys wanted her son to marry.
I`m pretty sure Gladys wouldn`t of liked Priscilla.

riley
03-13-2006, 04:08 AM
Linda is going to write a book. Ok. But I wonder if she is going go give them away for free:hmm: :hmm:

Hope she will, otherwise she might be associated with that greedy ex wife of his;)

magicmargie
03-13-2006, 07:45 AM
We will NEVER know the WHOLE truth about Elvis, Priscilla nor any of the others associated with Elvis.

Everyone associated with him sees things differently; they all have different memories of the same events. We interpret what we read and see as WE want to. So rather than defending someone or extolling his/her virtues, perhaps we should stick with just relating what we have heard/read/seen and keep opinions to ourselves. We can still have them, but we don't need to justify them to others.

I know Elvis was a cad in many ways, but I still love his music, his looks, his generositym, his flambuoyance, his sweet "little boy" aura. I know that Priscilla was/is not an angel, but I still admire the attributes she has--she has at least had the intelligence to select good advisors who have helped her promote Elvis for whomever. And we have to admit this is not a bad thing--the fact that so many people become new fans daily is partially due to Priscilla, directly or indirectly.

Our interest in his girlfriends is only natural; I like some, don't like others. Don't know enough about any to make any 100% accurate statements.

So let's just enjoy Elvis and his entourage. Why should we care whether or not anyone is taking advantage of his/her association with Elvis; we'd do the same. We DO the same with people we know personally. It's what we call "relationships", and they involve "using" others just for the happiness they bring us.

I know there will be lots of comments about my post; fire away. I'll form my own opinions about what you say, just as you have formed yours about what I posted.:hmm:

Cherokee
03-13-2006, 10:54 AM
We will NEVER know the WHOLE truth about Elvis, Priscilla nor any of the others associated with Elvis.

Everyone associated with him sees things differently; they all have different memories of the same events. We interpret what we read and see as WE want to. So rather than defending someone or extolling his/her virtues, perhaps we should stick with just relating what we have heard/read/seen and keep opinions to ourselves. We can still have them, but we don't need to justify them to others.

I know Elvis was a cad in many ways, but I still love his music, his looks, his generositym, his flambuoyance, his sweet "little boy" aura. I know that Priscilla was/is not an angel, but I still admire the attributes she has--she has at least had the intelligence to select good advisors who have helped her promote Elvis for whomever. And we have to admit this is not a bad thing--the fact that so many people become new fans daily is partially due to Priscilla, directly or indirectly.

Our interest in his girlfriends is only natural; I like some, don't like others. Don't know enough about any to make any 100% accurate statements.

So let's just enjoy Elvis and his entourage. Why should we care whether or not anyone is taking advantage of his/her association with Elvis; we'd do the same. We DO the same with people we know personally. It's what we call "relationships", and they involve "using" others just for the happiness they bring us.

I know there will be lots of comments about my post; fire away. I'll form my own opinions about what you say, just as you have formed yours about what I posted.:hmm:

Welcome MagicMargie.:D

Of course everything anybody does is subject to interpretation and viewpoint. That's a given.
However, lying and presenting "facts" through ommission and selectiveness that is premeditated, is quite a different story. And that is what Priscilla has been doing for the most part. Had she simply done things as stating "As I remember" or "I think that" it would have been clear it was simply her viewpoint and interpretation of facts. She is re-writing her interpretation into Elvis history as fact, making her interpretation the "Bible" of Elvis history, and THAT'S why so many Elvis afficienados, be it fans OR friends, have problems with her.

Dovey
03-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Very well stated Cherokee!!!! :cool: Dovey

joanne
03-13-2006, 02:58 PM

I know there will be lots of comments about my post; fire away. I'll form my own opinions about what you say, just as you have formed yours about what I posted.:hmm:Nice to see yet another new member has joined. :D

joanne
03-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Linda is going to write a book. Ok. But I wonder if she is going go give them away for free:hmm: :hmm:

Hope she will, otherwise she might be associated with that greedy ex wife of his;)I hope Linda makes millions from her book as its about time that another lady from Elvis`s life made some money and got some recognition.

Dovey
03-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Welcome Magicmargie,

Ist post and you made it on this thread..hmmmmm:doh: :doh: :doh:

We are all welcome to our own thoughts about Elvis, ex-wife, MM and girlfriends for sure,( for sure) but Elvis will never be called a Cad by me. He was a gift from God in my eyes!!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy the site... the people here are great and there is much talent.....be sure to check out some of the great artwork ... different ideas here ... yes... but that is what makes the world go around. Dovey;)

riley
03-13-2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.zippyvideos.com/5705174824139226/elvis_presley_-_always_on_my_mind_1972/

In this video you really see how unhappy Elvis was with Priscilla and how forced he was to marry her:P

03-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Nice video editing. Always On My Mind was written by Mark James and has absoloutely no connection with Priscilla except that it was among a number of songs recorded by Elvis in 1972.

Of course since Elvis loved Priscilla so much it was an oversight by him not to inlcude her in his will!

Dovey
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh Lord, Lord Riley that was sure a good video.. Hope you do not take it seriously !!!!!! Good Editing job. By the way I was wondering: Do you like Elvis??? :D :D :D

Do you honestly believe that??????

Have a good day!!! Dovey;)

riley
03-13-2006, 05:18 PM
as for your information I am a huge Elvis fan since I was nine years old. Now I'm 39years old and still a fan.

Learned english when I was nine just to keep up with everything that was written about him.

Took an extra job to visit Graceland. Stood at his grave every day and prayed for him. Prayed and telling him to rest in peace .:'(

Elvis was and is my whole world really. No day goes by whitout playing his music or spend a little time surfing the net to find that extra special picture that I still didn't have, but I happen to like Priscilla a lot, and Lisa Marie also.

Elvis loved Priscilla I know that for sure and she left him. Afterwards his private life wasn't the same and Elvis didn't seem very happy afterwards. As a fan I blame her for that but as a women I can understand her leaving.

I will love Elvis as long as I live.

joanne
03-13-2006, 06:05 PM
as for your information I am a huge Elvis fan since I was nine years old. Now I'm 39years old and still a fan.

Learned english when I was nine just to keep up with everything that was written about him.

Took an extra job to visit Graceland. Stood at his grave every day and prayed for him. Prayed and telling him to rest in peace .:'(

Elvis was and is my whole world really. No day goes by whitout playing his music or spend a little time surfing the net to find that extra special picture that I still didn't have, but I happen to like Priscilla a lot, and Lisa Marie also.

Elvis loved Priscilla I know that for sure and she left him. Afterwards his private life wasn't the same and Elvis didn't seem very happy afterwards. As a fan I blame her for that but as a women I can understand her leaving.

I will love Elvis as long as I live.He loved her so much that he asked her for a trial separation when she was pregnant.
Then when she wouldn`t go he spent as much time as he could away from her.
When he was home he didn`t want to be intimate with her and thats all she was ever interested in.
At the age of 14 she wanted sex with him and didn`t care that it might ruin his career or maybe thats what she wanted to get into the limelight.
He didn`t even want her on the road with him but he took Linda on tour.
As Sonny West said Elvis told him that he wished she would go away and find someone else.
Eventually she took the hint.

riley
03-13-2006, 06:15 PM
You consider sony West as one of the good ones??????????????????????

Didn't there was a very nasty book in 1977????????

Oh my god, you all clearly want to believe anyone as long as they put Priscilla down.

Trial seperation, I think Elvis felt very confused at that time.
You have to consider that he was a bachelor for a long time and now he was facing fatherhood very early in their married life. He had his doubts, reacted without giving it much tought. He just uttered the possibility and never spoke of it again.

Linda went on tour, that's right but she didn't have a little baby to care about.

Cherokee
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Dovey, Joanne, others:

let's not let Riley get us all "riled up" over Priscilla. She ain't worth it.:yawn:

joanne
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if shes got any Scottish friends?
I will only talk about the lovely Linda from now on after all thats the title of the thread.
Have you heard Elvis singing Spanish Eyes when he dedicated it to Linda, it was beautiful.

ForeverTheKing
03-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Riley has her opinions and I respect them.

To be honest I agree with her for something and with the others for something else.
We can't compare Linda and Priscilla because of the presence of a daughter...Cilla couldn't take Lisa touring a lot, but we know that Elvis was the first not to agree with this.
It's hard for every woman to "keep" a family in that way and be a perfect wife and mother in that condictions.

But I also think that this wasn't the biggest problem between Elvis and Cilla.
To me, Elvis loved Cilla at the beginning otherwise he would never have asked her to go to Graceland and live with him...he could have all the women he wanted but at that time he wanted Priscilla...no doubts about this.

Of course Cilla didn't seem so ingenue at 14 years old...she could be in love but a "good" girl in the fifties tryed not to think about sex.
Anyway, I think that things changed through the years...the request of a separation and the fact he wasn't actracted anymore by her wife (after just a year of marriage) are clear segnals that there was something wrong and maybe that BIG LOVE was over.

Elvis could have benn confused sometimes but I think that if you love a person you can't stop to desire her/him...we can't know what Elvis really thought about Cilla but these things make me consider the fact that maybe he wasn't so convinced when he married her; moreover she does never want to talk about the fact that Elvis didn't want to have sexual relationships after the birth of Lisa....why? I know it can be hard for a woman, to be refused by your husband (and it's obvious to look for someone else who can give you that love you need) but if it was true why does she tell everything with honesty instead telling only the things she wants to tell?:hmm:

But let's stop talking about Priscilla...it's hard to come to a common point.
I'm curious to read Linda's book and I hope she will tell the truth....I still like her...I also like listening Elvis and Linda singing Teardrops and laughing together at the end.....:lol:

Dovey
03-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks Cherokee, you are right.

I am not really upset about Riley.... it seems like she really wants us to get us upset . But I realize that cilla has some people fooled but I am not one of them.

Did you ever wonder if Elvis' name was" Joe Blow from Cocoa Mo" ( a nobody) and wanted her(cilla) to come live with him if her parents would of been so willing to let her go live with him???? :doh:

Awh heck, this will be debated by fans for years and everybody can belive what they want to.

Have a Great day Cherokee and thanks!!! Dovey

joanne
03-13-2006, 08:09 PM
It seems Linda has parted from her husband the David Foster. I don`t really know much about him except that he worked with Michael Buble. Did anyone watch the reality show that they were in?
We didn`t get it in England.

amzietamzie
03-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion... I don't think we should just shun them.

I also think that Riley is correct on numerous things. Of course, I disagree with her on others but as aforesaid, everyone has a different opinion from someone else.

I'm not Priscilla nor Elvis so I don't know the exact situation and no one ever will (it is a well-known fact that we can't believe all that others say Elvis said and none of us know what Cilla saw in Elvis' eyes when he looked at her and she him) but to me, I truly believe that there was love. I think that they certainly cared about each other and yes, by the end, Cilla was gone and there were big differences, but even so...

She dedicated so many years of her life to Elvis. She grew up with him being constantly there. I can understand why she would want to make herself out to be as good as possible.... it's only human nature. We can't blame her for having affairs because Elvis did too... however we can blame her for omitting any mention of them and changing history and fact.

What I don't like is the way she drags Elvis down in the process of raising herself. Also, now I think that Elvis is just a memory to her- she now desires fame and money. But then again... a public image may be very different from the human. She does have a moral duty to not diminish Lisa's view of her father though. And I'm still convinced that she shouldn't be called "Priscilla Presley". I have numerous problems with her actions after Elvis' death- the contradictions, desires, names, picture painted etc.

Linda to me is one of the greatest women Elvis had. She saved him and took care of him when he was at some of his darkest moments. I think he cared about her greatly- maybe as much as his initial infatuation with Cilla.

However, if it is true that nowadays she makes fun of Elvis then it seems quite strange to me how we can condemn Cilla for damaging people's views of Elvis yet not hold Linda in the same light. Yet, I don't know exactly what Linda has done to upset people, having not seen it myself.

I think that if Linda had stayed, possibly Elvis would have survived longer (I'm reluctant to say would still be alive to this very day because, as much as it upsets me to say it, I feel that Elvis was quite self-destructive and had numerous problems that may have caused his demise other than the events of 16/08/77).

I think Linda truly cared about him and him her. She beats Ginger in my eyes immensely. It is my belief that there was love between Linda and Elvis and she knows a huge amount that hardly any others know. I think it will be intruiging to hear her opinion on Elvis- as long as they are not disrespectful. I also like the way she hasn't said much about Elvis and has kept quite private (until now).

I haven't heard the version of "Spanish Eyes" where Elvis dedicates it to Linda... I would love to hear that. I may be wrong, but didn't Elvis dedicate "It's Midnight" to Priscilla once in the 70s? I'm sure he says something like "Listen Cilla"...

Anyway, I think that we should stick to Linda. People are never going to have one unanimous opinion on Cilla and there's no point getting wound up. One of the great things about life is that everyone is different. Some people may be more correct than others but none of us really know the truth.. therefore, in the words of the Beatles, let it be.

joanne
03-13-2006, 08:35 PM
This is a Linda Thompson thread guys.
My goodness the moderators do a great job don`t they?

riley
03-13-2006, 08:45 PM
amzietamzie,

You can say things beautiful, and seems to me that you are a wise person.

Haven't been long on this forum but really didn't quite get a good impression on it.

I write on a lot of forums not only about Priscilla believe me, and really ALWAYS had nice experiences with so many people.

Have made quite a few friends amoung the Elvisfans we really connect trough our mutual loyalty and love for Elvis.

Here it was quite different to say the least. Never ever read so much unfriendly messages.

Guess it's better for me to leave this forum, I am a 100 percent elvis fan but there is no place for me here since I happen to like Priscilla and have another opinion on her then most of you.

I must say I had a very nice welcome, even eded up being accused of not being an elvisfan.

Sad.

polksaladhasie
03-14-2006, 07:51 AM
I?m a little bit concerned about drifting this thread away from Linda into Priscilla... (n)

I think Linda as a very nice woman and I?m looking forward to her book and sharing her memories with us.

(y)

franny
03-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but I just want to say there is no right or wrong to opinions...I was reading the previous posts and I hope we all respect each others thoughts...

I am not a huge Linda fan, but I don't hate her either...I will admit that I didn't like her on that show Malibu Princes and the way they sat around laughing and making fun of Elvis...(n)

I don't think it's right to compare Linda to Priscilla or to compare anyone for that matter...We are all individuals and until you walk in someone's shoes, you don't know what that person's been through to judge what they did or didn't do...
What may be right for one person may not be right for another...

franny

ComeBackChick
03-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Guess it's better for me to leave this forum, I am a 100 percent elvis fan but there is no place for me here since I happen to like Priscilla and have another opinion on her then most of you.

I must say I had a very nice welcome, even eded up being accused of not being an elvisfan.

Sad.

Riley! Don't leave! :supriced: Maybe you had a rough start here, but you are not the only one who likes them all, Elvis, Lisa Marie AND Priscilla!! I wanted to PM you this but you don't seem to have that option, so I put this in the thread.

Oh yeah and this being the Linda thread, I don't really have an opinion of her, I think she is nice, but doesn't interest me that much. Priscilla is more interesting to me, maybe because she is so controversial.

buttonhead
03-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Dovey, Joanne, others:

let's not let Riley get us all "riled up" over Priscilla. She ain't worth it.:yawn:

Amen to that, but hey it happens ..;)

I remember someone said : ' Opinion is like butt, everyone has one ..':D

ComeBackChick
03-15-2006, 08:25 AM
I remember someone said : ' Opinion is like butt, everyone has one ..':D

I thought the expression was "Opinions are like a**holes, everybody got one!" ;)

(Oh and by the way, Beaulieu isn't her real name either, cause that guy is her stepfather, so she pretty much all her live was in an identity crisis!)

Cherokee
03-15-2006, 09:14 AM
(Oh and by the way, Beaulieu isn't her real name either, cause that guy is her stepfather, so she pretty much all her live was in an identity crisis!)

Until she was about 12 or 13 she didn't know better than that she was a Beaulieu. I think her dad died when she was a toddler. His name was Wagner. As I understand, she has no personal memories of him, since she was too young to remember.

riley
03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Comebackchick,

thanks for your kind words.

I never left the site because here are so many beautiful pictures of Elvis. In such a clear quality.

I guess I did not choose the best subject to introduce myself.
Would love to post but hell not if everybody hates me.
Surfing the internet is ment to have fun, to share toughts to discuss but not to kill each other with words.

Perhaps it's safer for me to stick to strictly elvis topics.
Would i have started there everybody would have agree with me all the time i guess, because I love him and would never say a bad thing about him.

Priscilla well from now on I'll keep my own personal views of her to myself, hope talking to you again but in a more pleasant and relaxing way.

Bye bye
Riley

(By the way I am not scottisch it is just a nic name cfr5RIley is elvis his granddaughter) I'm from Belgium

KPM
03-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Riley, you should give what ever your true opinion is because thats the right thing to do. I do not agree with many on some things but its what this is about- discussing Elvis and his life and connections. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion even if its not popular. People here are pretty passionate about certain subjects, I don't think they truely mean harm to anyone.

Menwithbrokenhearts
03-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Riley, you should give what ever your true opinion is because thats the right thing to do. I do not agree with many on some things but its what this is about- discussing Elvis and his life and connections. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion even if its not popular. People here are pretty passionate about certain subjects, I don't think they truely mean harm to anyone.

I agree. I post on other forums but this one is the most interesting to me. I like to hear other sides and views from people who can back them up. Sometime, on other forums, I feel like part of the flock of sheep, just blindly following without thinking or speaking out. No matter how much fluff some put out there it still carries no weight.

Riley, feel free to speak out. I came to realize that some here are just passionate and don't mean harm or disrespect. I was like you when I first came aboard. I stayed and have been rewarded by doing so. In my opinion, this is the best Elvis forum on the net.

riley
03-17-2006, 06:49 AM
I wanted to thank you for all these kind words.

I noticed there is a topic going on about Priscilla.

There it is the same, some like her some hate her.

I guess it all depends from the things we read, we heard etc.

That may differ a lot because there are so many versions. I guess none of us knew her personnally so it is difficult to judge really.

Has someons seen her alreaddy in person??

Perhaps signing her books or something.

I live inh Belgium so the chances will be nihil to meet her I guess.
Though I would have liked to meet her in person.

bye Bye
Riley

Timmsy
03-17-2006, 09:13 AM
From what i have seen and read. Firsltly Linda was the ONLY one who really looked after Elvis, yet i understand her reasons for ending their relationship. Secondly i have seen her on TV and she not only was and STILL IS beautifull, but yet has the grace of a true lady. All the best Linda.(y)

Unchained Melody
03-17-2006, 05:40 PM
This is really cool Linda is writing about I've always liked Linda she has never said or done anything to make Elvis look bad and she cared for him deeply I think:cool:

franny
03-19-2006, 01:34 AM
This is really cool Linda is writing about I've always liked Linda she has never said or done anything to make Elvis look bad and she cared for him deeply I think:cool:

Didn't you see Linda and David Foster laughing and making fun of Elvis on the that show the Princes of Malibu...I thought that was disrespectful towards Elvis...How can you say she's never said or done anything to make Elvis look bad?

franny

Unchained Melody
03-19-2006, 02:25 AM
Well I have never seen that video so no I wouldn't know. I was just going by what I have saw. Like her on the "Last Days Of Elvis" she never mad fun of him or anything like.

riley
03-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Dear Franny

I saw that documentary too. As I said before. I always liked Linda being Elvis his girlfriend after Priscilla. She was another type of women than Priscilla but she seemed OK to me.
Until I saw The Princess of Malibu. First of all that woman didn't do a fine job regarding raising her two sons. They looked so awful spoiled. What a difference with Lisa Marie to say the least. But the fact that they continued to really make fun out of Elvis and Linda participating and enjoying it obviously made me mad.
It is clearly we all have our own opinions and that is OK too me. But I think if one is hard for Priscilla who did indeed made mistakes and isn't perfect Then I think that you also have to see Linda's shortcomings.
She allowed saying things about Elvis by her sons and clearly bitter ex husband that were not very nice. I think that if Priscilla would ever had said something like that or when it would have been said by someone in HER family you would all have teared her apart in pieces here on this forum.
But she didn't.

ComeBackChick
03-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I saw that documentary too. As I said before. I always liked Linda being Elvis his girlfriend after Priscilla. She was another type of women than Priscilla but she seemed OK to me.
Until I saw The Princess of Malibu. First of all that woman didn't do a fine job regarding raising her two sons. They looked so awful spoiled. What a difference with Lisa Marie to say the least. But the fact that they continued to really make fun out of Elvis and Linda participating and enjoying it obviously made me mad.

Never saw that show, but if she did what you said, its totally distasteful and rude!!! What a twofaced b*tch.... Than I remember her always talking about how Lisa first called her after Elvis died... What is Lisa gonna think when she sees this woman making fun of her father, and always talking about how well her and Lisa got along...

What a faker this Linda!!! :angry: :mad:

Now I am curious what exactly she said.... does someone have a transcript?

joanne
03-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Never saw that show, but if she did what you said, its totally distasteful and rude!!! What a twofaced b*tch.... Than I remember her always talking about how Lisa first called her after Elvis died... What is Lisa gonna think when she sees this woman making fun of her father, and always talking about how well her and Lisa got along...

What a faker this Linda!!! :angry: :mad:

Now I am curious what exactly she said.... does someone have a transcript?Thats not very nice to call someone a twofaced b*tch particularly when you haven`t even seen the show.

riley
03-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Well believe us, there were many little things said about him. About his taste, about her clothing in those days, about the jewellry he bought her about the stage costums he was wearing about his taste in general..Especially sons and ex husband. She did not said bad things but laughed with things that were said about him.
Joanne you like Linda and that is really your right, just as I happen to like Priscilla but please you have to accept the truth. Just as I have to accept certain things that Priscilla has done and weren't that pretty eighter.

To me it is just the issue, OK you may blame Priscilla, you may even dislike her that is your right but then I think you should cope with the truth about Linda also.

03-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I think most normal people would laugh thinking back to fashion sense in the 70's!

Cherokee
03-19-2006, 04:41 PM
I think most normal people would laugh thinking back to fashion sense in the 70's!

Didn't even Elvis make fun of some of his outfits WHILE ONSTAGE in the seventies? I think it's on some recordings.:hmm:

ComeBackChick
03-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Thats not very nice to call someone a twofaced b*tch particularly when you haven`t even seen the show.
OK thats a bit harsh of me.... of course she only has one face! ;) :lol:

Its just, she seemed to good to be true.... and I guess she was/is...

franny
03-19-2006, 06:33 PM
The show I saw the Princes of Malibu, in this one episode they were making fun of Elvis being overwieght and laughing about it...David Foster said it, but Linda was laughing and joining in as well...I just don't think that is right...

franny

03-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Elvis used call Lamar a fat ***, and Lamar called Elvis a fat *** towards the end, Elvis smiled and said something like, "You've been waiting twenty years to say that to me!"

franny
03-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Those comments between Elvis and Lamar were said between two friends' in a joking manner...

I think going on tv and making fun of Elvis and laughing at him, when he is gone is a totally different thing...This is just my opinion...

franny

joanne
03-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Those comments between Elvis and Lamar were said between two friends' in a joking manner...

I think going on tv and making fun of Elvis and laughing at him, when he is gone is a totally different thing...This is just my opinion...

frannyDon`t you think that if Linda and her family were laughing then it was most probably said in a lighthearted joking manner.
Linda admits that her sons are Elvis fans having listened to his music all their life.

ComeBackChick
03-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Don`t you think that if Linda and her family were laughing then it was most probably said in a lighthearted joking manner.
Linda admits that her sons are Elvis fans having listened to his music all their life.

If only there were a way to see this footage... Am more than willing to swallow my words if I see it, and its not that bad!!!!

joanne
03-19-2006, 08:00 PM
If only there were a way to see this footage... Am more than willing to swallow my words if I see it, and its not that bad!!!!Was it only transmitted in America?

franny
03-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Here's David Foster's line from that show and then they all started laughing...
Yes, David Foster said it, but Linda joined in the laughing...He said it in such a cold way that I couldn't believe it...

franny

David: (About Elvis) He's dead and he was fat when he died.

Unchained Melody
03-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Elvis used call Lamar a fat ***, and Lamar called Elvis a fat *** towards the end, Elvis smiled and said something like, "You've been waiting twenty years to say that to me!"
They were always doing something or sayingsomething to poor Lamar, but yes that was between friends, theres a difference between that and going on national television and trashing Elvis like that, even though I haven't never seen it I dont think.

joanne
03-19-2006, 08:41 PM
They were always doing something or sayingsomething to poor Lamar, but yes that was between friends, theres a difference between that and going on national television and trashing Elvis like that, even though I haven't never seen it I dont think.Once again if you have never seen it then how can you say they were trashing Elvis?

franny
03-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Joanne, unfortunately I saw it and I can honestly say it was rude and insulting to Elvis to say the least...I don't think David Foster should have said that line at all in the show...I was watching it with a few friends who aren't Elvis fans and they couldn't believe that was said either....Maybe, Linda didn't have a say in the lines written, but she laughed as well...I have nothing against Linda, but it was uncalled for...I think David is to blame for that low class line!

franny

Cherokee
03-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Here's David Foster's line from that show and then they all started laughing...
Yes, David Foster said it, but Linda joined in the laughing...He said it in such a cold way that I couldn't believe it...

franny

Okay, I'm an Elvis fan, and have been that for about 30 years now. But uh, isn't Foster just stating facts that are uh, quite undeniable?:hmm:

I mean: Elvis IS dead, isn't he? and he appeared to be fat (though unhealthily bloated due to obstruction of his digestive system is more accurate), to those who weren't aware of his medical problems?

I haven't seen the broadcast, but I do not see anything in his statement that I haven't seen or heard many times over and many, many times worse by tons of others since Elvis' passing, really.

franny
03-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Yes, I agree it's a fact Cherokee, but on a tv show where it was supposedly about David Foster, Linda Thompson & her spoiled sons, why would they even mention Elvis in that way and why laugh after saying it...That's what I'm saying was wrong...I think if you saw it, then you would know what I mean...

Since, it's a fact then it did not need to need to be stated again by him...

Did he feel it necessary to say those comments? Was it to make himself look better? Either way you look at it, it was not nice or respectful towards Elvis to say the least....His tone was harsh and lacking compassion...Should every tv show mention that "Elvis was dead and fat when he died"...I didn't see the humour in it...

franny

joanne
03-20-2006, 12:42 AM
I agree with Cherokee on this. Just to say that Elvis was fat when he died is hardly new and something that`s been said a million times.
Theres certainly been worse things said about him by people.

franny
03-20-2006, 01:11 AM
This show wasn't about Elvis...what was said was just to make fun of him...it was obvious...They weren't even talking about Elvis before this line that David just had to say..."He's dead and he was fat when he died."...and then are LAUGHING after saying it....Is this now considered okay with everyone? Where has this been said a million times on tv on a non-Elvis show?

Is it funny that Elvis is dead? Is it also funny that he was"fat" when he died?
I think not! (n)

I don't agree with it being said on tv in that way...Unless you saw it you cannot say you think it's okay...I am a true Elvis fan and love to hear Elvis mentioned, but in a positive and respectful way....not in a disrespectful and mocking way!

I have my views on this and you all have yours, but really unless you saw it, it's hard for one to see the full picture...

franny

joanne
03-20-2006, 01:38 AM
This show wasn't about Elvis...what was said was just to make fun of him...it was obvious...They weren't even talking about Elvis before this line that David just had to say..."He's dead and he was fat when he died."...and then are LAUGHING after saying it....Is this now considered okay with everyone? Where has this been said a million times on tv on a non-Elvis show?

Is it funny that Elvis is dead? Is it also funny that he was"fat" when he died?
I think not! (n)

I don't agree with it being said on tv in that way...Unless you saw it you cannot say you think it's okay...I am a true Elvis fan and love to hear Elvis mentioned, but in a positive and respectful way....not in a disrespectful and mocking way!

I have my views on this and you all have yours, but really unless you saw it, it's hard for one to see the full picture...

frannyElvis has been called fat loads of times on tv and a lot worse.
Of course you have your view which you are entitled to but there are worse things to get worked up about.
If I ever see it for myself I will form my own opinion.
Its when people lie about Elvis that I don`t like for instance that he was gay, or that he had a sexual relationship with his mother etc.
These are accusations that have no basis whatsoever.

franny
03-20-2006, 01:59 AM
I didn't mean to get worked up about it...It must be my european background...lol
It's just when I think about it...it gets me going!

Yes, I agree Joanne, those kinds of lies really bother me...
OMG! I didn't know all those things were being said about Elvis...How horrible!
How could that be said about Elvis and even his mother....Thats' crazy!

franny

4THEHEART
03-20-2006, 02:12 AM
all those big mouthed *****s are more dead, even now,while they're still living,than dead Elvis :angry: ..who will remember those miserable people after they gone..but Elvis will always be here in the living world..

Menwithbrokenhearts
03-20-2006, 05:03 AM
I saw it and the way it was said was mocking and insulting and kind of in a bitter way by David. The fact that they laughed is what got me, like everyone was afraid to stand up and say anything. I understand what some of you are saying and the words "fat" and "dead" have been used in reference to him but I haven't seen it like this. It's like if I am referring to Priscilla cheating on Elvis and I mention it in a serious context it's one thing, but if its in a way that is mocking it comes across as a " she's a ****" kind of thing. I feel that is the way this comment was made, in that context, or tone, if you like.

joanne
03-20-2006, 06:01 AM
I didn't mean to get worked up about it...It must be my european background...lol
It's just when I think about it...it gets me going!

Yes, I agree Joanne, those kinds of lies really bother me...
OMG! I didn't know all those things were being said about Elvis...How horrible!
How could that be said about Elvis and even his mother....Thats' crazy!

frannyTwo words Dee Stanley :mad:

ComeBackChick
03-20-2006, 06:17 AM
The reason people are "upset" over this is because it came from Linda (& her family)!!! Someone that fans usually have in high regard. Thats what the dissapointment and anger is about!!!

And by the way, why would you ever laugh about someone being dead? Its just bad taste and uncalled for.

Cherokee
03-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Okay, new angle> how long after this show did Linda make public that she was going to divorce Foster? Wasn't the reason "irreconcilable differences"? Maybe she "played along" for the camera in that scene. Maybe Foster's inability to cope with Linda's Elvis past has always been a problem in their relationship. Of course all of this is pure speculation.:D

ComeBackChick
03-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Okay, new angle> how long after this show did Linda make public that she was going to divorce Foster? Wasn't the reason "irreconcilable differences"? Maybe she "played along" for the camera in that scene. Maybe Foster's inability to cope with Linda's Elvis past has always been a problem in their relationship. Of course all of this is pure speculation.:D

He has self esteem issues (watching too much Oprah...) if he thinks he can't compete with someone who has been dead for so many years. Pretty pathetic!

riley
03-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Foster was obviously jealous. He is ugly really. Elvis was the best looking man ever.
At the end he was sick that is something different.
I also saw an episode where Foster is giving comment on a picture of Linda and Elvis together. Linda has her hand on his leg and Foster his saying things like keep your hand off his legs and things like that.
Then it was obvious to me. Those things were said because he was jeaulous and he should be. That's good LOL
But Linda should have ended those horrible comments and discussions in front of the camera. Which she didn't . She laughed and seemed to agree on everything. That was wrong.
Saw EBTP yesterday once again. Beautiful. A lot of respect and dignity and love and class. Hope there will be a second part. I think there is still so much unseen footage of Elvis still existing. I hope we the fans will keep seeing new things. Especially when Elvis was so happy with his little daughter and with his wife. Just love those images. I can see them over and over again.

Take care
Riley

Cherokee
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Saw EBTP yesterday once again. Beautiful. A lot of respect and dignity and love and class. Hope there will be a second part. I think there is still so much unseen footage of Elvis still existing. I hope we the fans will keep seeing new things. Especially when Elvis was so happy with his little daughter and with his wife. Just love those images. I can see them over and over again.

Take care
Riley

Lord have mercy - surely you're not talking about Elvis by the BEAULIEUS, are you?:blink: :doh:

joanne
03-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Foster was obviously jealous. He is ugly really. Elvis was the best looking man ever.
At the end he was sick that is something different.
I also saw an episode where Foster is giving comment on a picture of Linda and Elvis together. Linda has her hand on his leg and Foster his saying things like keep your hand off his legs and things like that.
Then it was obvious to me. Those things were said because he was jeaulous and he should be. That's good LOL
But Linda should have ended those horrible comments and discussions in front of the camera. Which she didn't . She laughed and seemed to agree on everything. That was wrong.

Take care
RileyWhy have you turned the thread back to Priscilla again?

KPM
03-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Kind of off subject but I would have to hear a recording of Lamar calling Elvis "fat a**" to his face to ever believe it.(then I'd want it checked out by experts to verify the voices ha ha)

joanne
03-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Kind of off subject but I would have to hear a recording of Lamar calling Elvis "fat a**" to his face to ever believe it.(then I'd want it checked out by experts to verify the voices ha ha)Glen Campbell made a joke about Elvis being fat to his face and he laughed it off.
He had a great sense of humour.

franny
03-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Two words Dee Stanley :mad:

I know...I can understand why Elvis never really liked her...
I can think of two other words, but I won't say it...
She was something else!
I heard she wrote a book...:lmfao: ...Please!

franny

Indre
03-21-2006, 08:11 AM

Take care
Riley
You are a bit blind, aren't you. :doh:

Dovey
03-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Indre,

You are indeed very wise!!!!!!!!!:doh: :doh: Some of this is enough to make your laugh and some is enough to give ya a headache. Dovey :lmfao: :lmfao: :pepsi:

graceland123
04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
why is it that this woman gets her nose shoved out ?
nobody wants to talkabout her and she doesnt go round selling shite blankets.

Unchained Melody
04-07-2006, 07:08 PM
why is it that this woman gets her nose shoved out ?
nobody wants to talkabout her and she doesnt go round selling shite blankets.
Some people just like her. She is a very nice person(y) .

FlamingStar
04-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I agree... but i don't know so much about Linda Thompson.

Somebody who knows about a documentary with Lindas years with Elvis, or something like that?

I would like to know more about her

Unchained Melody
04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
There was quiet a bit of her in the documentary "The Last Days Of Elvis" E True Hollywood Story. Wouldn't say all the information it contains is "true" though:hmm: .

patricia
04-08-2006, 10:16 PM
so linda tells lies but cilla doesn`t is that what you mean?

graceland123
04-10-2006, 11:05 PM
how old is linda these days ?

ForeverTheKing
04-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Linda was born in 1950 so now she's 56 years old...;)

EP75
04-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Priscilla is a well known stuck up snob who has made a living as EP's wife. Without him and Graceland she would be broke. Linda on the other hand had a professional modeling career ins tore for her had she never even met EP. She was 3rd runner up to Miss America and was to star on Charlie's Angels but EP asked the producer to drop her so she wouldn't be away from him. Linda was the most beautiful woman in EP's life. And if you watch Priscilla talk she has to think about what to say. With Linda it just flows out naturally and sincere. Priscilla made it in Hollywood as a C list actress while Linda won more Grammys than EP himself by co-writing hit makers for Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, and Brandy among others. Linda never took a cheap shot at EP on Princes of Malibu. It was her jealous ex David Foster who took stabs at EPA by calling him 'fat" and "old". If Linda doesn't care about EP then why did she have a room completely dedicated to his memory? I doubt Priscilla ever did that. I am thrilled to hear Linda is finally going to tell her story through her eyes. I would love to see a movie about their love affair and romance. I think EP really loved her more than she knew or anyone else knew but he was too messed up on the drugs to see how it could work. He left her by telling her "no matter what you read or hear, I always loved you and always will" then he gave her a necklace before leaving the room. She went back to Graceland to pack her stuff and then she left for good. You can't blame her for anything. The woman sacrificed her life practically for her man. A dying man with no hope left.:'(

Linda is one gorgeous woman for 50+. priscilla could learn as thing or two from her.

Unchained Melody
04-27-2006, 11:42 PM
so linda tells lies but cilla doesn`t is that what you mean?

That is not what I said. I said some information on it is not true, I didn't say Linda's information isn't true.

ForeverTheKing
06-25-2006, 06:25 AM
Some recent pictures of Linda I've found...I hope you like them!
She's still a very beautiful lady...(y)

13944 13945 13946

FlamingStar
06-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the pictures :clap:

Dovey
06-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Elvis and Linda sure made a beautiful couple!!!!

thehillbillycat
06-26-2006, 02:42 AM
Out of all the Girl friends Elvis ever had, I always thought Linda was the best thing in Elvis' life. She did so much for him. You need to remember she was there in the dark days of Elvis, or that is what I would call the dark days. Even the members of the Memphis Mafia said that if she was there on that day he died she would of check in on him. How many times would you say she saved his life? I am glad she gets to tell her story at last. Priscilla isn't nothing but a money hungry lady. That is it. She is trying to keep a image of Elvis like she remembers him. To me that is not respecting him at all. She needs to show the whole image and not just her side.

FlamingStar
06-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Very good said! I agree ;)