PDA

View Full Version : How Great Thou Art - Help!!

ForeverTheKing
03-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi everybody!
I need your help...in "Elvis By The Presleys", when they're talking about gospel Lisa tells she asked Elvis to sing her "How Great Thou Art" 'cause that was her favourite gospel song.
Then we can see clips from "Elvis on Tour" and listen him singing the song. I love that version and I'd like to know where I can find it?In which CD?Can you help me?Thanks in advance!:notworthy

ForeverTheKing
03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks a lot Jouni!:notworthy
I'll try to find this CD...I love that live version...

elvisdownunder
03-02-2006, 06:04 AM
you know what, the editors of E by the P's actually tricked you

they used some footage from Elvis On Tour from Hampton Roads, but overdubbed the sound with a version from June 19, 1977, in Omaha, which can be found on the album 'Elvis in concert', if it is still in print

but yes, there is a version that was sung in Hamton roads, which can be found on the link provided. that one is'nt too bad , but the one in Omaha is AWESOME!(y)

ForeverTheKing
03-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks a lot elvisdownunder!
This was the reason of my question 'cause I thought the song could be taken from another concert, different from those of the movie "Elvis On Tour"!
I like a lot the version you can find in "Live In Dallas, '75" but also that one in EBTP...thanks again and let's hope to find that CD...:notworthy

karlos
03-02-2006, 02:37 PM
well i have the dvd in my vast collection and yes he does do thesong on it - its taken from - hampton roads that appeared on the vhs video- -
the lost performances that wsa rel;eased many yrs ago.
:king: - happy hunting .

elvisdownunder
03-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Jouni, Forever the King, glad to be of service. any time! (y)