PDA

View Full Version : Mary in the morning

Danny Ocean
02-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Every time I hear the original Mary in the morning of Elvis. The complete take that is on the LP's and CD's. You can hear at one point people talking..right throu that song..:S Can someone tell me more about that. Like, who is it? It sounds like Felton, but I'm not sure..

JerryNodak
02-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Danny: I don't know who's talking, but it sure is annoying. If they ever give this album a sound upgrade I sure as hell hope they strip the talking off. Knowing Ernst he'll probably leave it on there in the interest of "historical accuracy".

I bought the album when it originally came out in '70(still have it) and the talking isn't there. Or at least it isn't audible.

Leroy
02-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I think with the CD it became more audible. I have the feeling the talk back mike was left open on the controlroom during the overdubs. Is there someone out there who has the undubbed version? I'm curious if it's there too.

Winston
06-14-2013, 04:21 PM
This is interesting. Have anybody more information about the voices on Mary In The Morning? I can hear them too.

dennyelvis
06-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Just listened to the undubbed master acetate, no voices on there, apart from the intro and end ?

KPM
06-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Just a recording error that somehow got all the way to the finished record.