PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Anthology DVD Boxset

ELV1S
01-25-2006, 02:24 PM
hi

I was looking through the amazon website the other day, when I noticed the Beatles Anthology DVD boxset, which I am going to buy, The Beatles are my second favs

and I thought It would be a super idea if they did a 6-8DVD boxset of Elvis too, their boxset is their life story from start to end, containing interviews and all their music videos, It really Is an amazing boxset

what does everyone else think of an Elvis Anthology boxset?

maybe if you already own the beatles anthology then please write on here what you think of It (y)

thanks everyone,

Mark.

mn-designs
01-25-2006, 02:46 PM
If i remember correctly the elvis estate is working on a Elvis Anthology set for a while now. I don't anymore details but i saw the news on the official site or on a other news site.
But we all know that the estate will stop the complete story after the Aloha shows...and show some short clips from '77 to show how 'ill' Elvis was in the last years of his life..

Menwithbrokenhearts
01-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi.

There is an anthology available. It's called the "Defenitive Elvis" A 25th Anniversary edition limited release. I think they only released it for a short time. I bought mine off of ebay. It has 16 50 minute episodes loaded with interviews from Elvis friends, family and associates and of course, lots of clips. It was here that I first saw the Aloha Interview done in Las Vegas announcing the concert. Lots of other stuff too. Fascinating documentary and I think it is in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the longest ever produced for a single artist.

I would Highly recommend it . Along with the Behind the Image series, it has the best interviews, in my opinion.

Thanks

Albert
01-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Yes, it's this set:

http://www.dvdzone2.com/pictures/big/6360.jpg

A wonderfull set of discs. It's not really one anthology (like the set from the Beatles), but more of multiple documentaries on one set. Great, great stuff nonetheless.

orwell1976
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I own that one and it is really great. And it's quite honest, because EPE wasn't involved....

(y)

Jungleroom76
01-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Actually, there was a VHS/DVD set released a few years ago entitled DEFINITIVE ELVIS, which was an 8-video set I believe. Unfortunately, it was quickly pulled from the marketplace in its original format because there were multiple lawsuits filed against the makers of the documentary by, among other people, Leiber & Stoller, for using their music without the proper copyrights. (n)

ALBERT - Is the "Definitive Collection" DVD that you posted the cover for an updated (and legal) version of the DEFINITIVE ELVIS set? :hmm:

PATRICK - I believe I also saw the same news from EPE about them working on the "definitive" documentary of Elvis' life and career...but like you said, how "definitive" can it be when we all know that Elvis' post-Aloha career will be glossed over, assuming it's not completely ignored altogether!! :angry:

TCB!
Mike

Albert
01-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes, this front has been used in Europe. Another cover has also been used for a while (the grey one). But after the EPE lawsuit it was pulled from the market.

elvisdownunder
01-27-2006, 05:43 AM
i highly recommend that boxset. 3 years after i got it, and i still every now and then flick one out to look at. an Elvis fan MUST HAVE!(y) (y) (y)

Vincent
01-27-2006, 06:25 AM
I also would recommend the Beatles Anthology Boxset, there're very interesting interviews and footage about them. There's no doubt in my mind that this is the best documentary(s) about the Beatles. Compared to Elvis, "The Definitive Collection" is the Anthology far more better.

Jungleroom76
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes, this front has been used in Europe. Another cover has also been used for a while (the grey one). But after the EPE lawsuit it was pulled from the market.

THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION ALBERT!!! (y)

Wanted to make sure there wasn't another DEFINITIVE DVD collection out there that I wasn't aware of!! :blink: ;)

TCB!
Mike

Dave TCB
02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Anyone know anywhere in the UK you can buy this box set?
Been all over the place and the only one I can find is on ebay in Austrailia :( :(