PDA

View Full Version : Elvis lip?

ayda
01-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Elvis'famous upper lip during the 50's and 60's.....Not so much during the 70's.Did he made his lip curl up like that?Oh was it for real?Does anyone knows?:hmm: In the army picture bellow......Is it way too much?

Aly(y)

KPM
01-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I think he did it naturally, but heres and interesting bit of info
I was watching a dvd of the best of the Ozzie and Harriet show which featured their son Rick Nelson from his age of about 9 till the mid 1960s. In an episode from about 53 Ricky gets upset and makes a mad face and his lip curls just like Elvis. I watched a few more and when he was younger Ricky Nelson did this alot. So who knows maybe Elvis got it from young Ricky, as he told Rick once he watched the show a lot.

TCBinAZ
01-21-2006, 01:06 AM
He did it just for show :king:

Lee82
01-21-2006, 02:00 AM
I know there's a picture of him when he was a little guy (about four or five) where he's sort of doing the lip thing. So maybe it was natural...

Lonniebealestreet
01-21-2006, 04:55 AM
I think it likely was natural, but he could also do it at will. He did have that crooked smile.

I'd say in that Army pic he was forcing a sneer.

boogie
01-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Think it's natural..
sometimes when he's just talking you sometimes see that his lip doing that famous curl...

THENATUREBOY
01-21-2006, 07:18 AM
I've also noticed him doing it when he sings. I think it started out as a joke or whatever, then became a habit.

mozzarella
01-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I've also noticed him doing it when he sings. I think it started out as a joke or whatever, then became a habit.

I too think that. In the '68 Special he's doing it sometimes just for fun and says to the musicians: "Remember that?" And he curls his lip. And then adds: "Hang loose baby, I did 29 pictures like that..." and does it again. Whatch that, it's funny. It was a joke that turned out to be a routine in the early '50s.