PDA

View Full Version : HAWAII `57 part 2 the interview

bogarcon
01-05-2006, 08:21 PM
After the matinee performance (November 10th), Elvis held a press conference at the Hawaiian Village Carousel Room.
Q- Do You Like Hawaii?
A- I love it. If I can move, I`ll move here...if they`ll ever deport me. I never realized that I`d be in Hawaii. I heard of the place...
Q- What Do You Think Of The Local fans?
A- Terrific! I want to say my reception in Hawaii was one of the most well-behaved of my career. I`ve been on-stage long enough to tell if an audience has manners and today I could have safely leapt off the stage into the midst of them.
Q- What Are Your Vital Statistics?
A- Six feet tall, I reckon, and 180 pounds.
Q- Do You Exercise When You`re Not Singing?
A- No. That`s enough.
Q- What Are Your Favorite Colours?
A- Depends on what it is. Cars I like in loud colours, clothes in dark colours.
Q- How Often Do You Have A Haircut?
A- Not very often. And when I do, it doesn`t look like a haircut.
Q- What Is Your Ambition?
A- My ambition is to be a good actor. But I`ll never put my singing second `cause tha`s what gave me the opportunity to become an actor...I sing a lot at home...I think that I`m learning more...I enjoy making movies.
Q- What Do You Think Of Your Film, ``Love Me tender``?
A- I was miscast. I shouldn`t have been in it. it was rushed...
Q- What`s Your Favorite Song?
A- My favorite recorded tune is ``Don`t Be Cruel``. I also like ``You`ll Never Walk Alone`` and ``Till``.
Q- Do You Think Of Your Fans When You Are At A Recording Session Or Performing On Stage?
A- You have to think of them to try to get songs that people like.
Q- Did You Invent Rock n` Roll?
A- I explored it. It existed before I did. It was called Rhythm and Blues. I just tried a new interpretation.
Q- What`s Your Ancestry?
A- Irish, I reckon, and some Italian. Never gave it a thought.
Q- What`s The Fisrt Thing You`ll Look For In Your Wife?
A- Female.
Q- How About Her Southern Cooking?
A- I don`t like fried chicken. I like pineapples and coconuts.
Q- Is It True You`re Asking $100,000 For A TV Appearance?
A- I`ll have to ask mu manager..Colonel Parker brought out the fact that why be on TV and let 60 million people see me free when we charge the movie makers so they can charge the audience to see me. Understand? I don`t!
Q- Do You Feel An Obligation To Your Public?
A- I do feel an obligation. I`m very careful not to do anything that would disappoint my fans. I behave myself all the time. People have preconceived ideas about me. It`s natural. I`ve often said I won`t like that person and then found out he`s a nice guy.
Q- What`s Your Reaction To Those Older People Who Don`t Like You?
A- I can`t please everybody. Maybe they`re Pat Boone fans.
ELVIS PRESLEY...THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
ANYTIME..THANKS!

have a nice day, bogarcon ;)

Dovey
01-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Great interview with Elvis 1957 Hawaii... I can almost hear him answering the question. He truly was a gentleman. ;) Dovey

amzietamzie
01-05-2006, 11:45 PM
thank you so much for posting this interview...
i agree, he is the perfect gentleman.
i love the comment "female".:laughing: he had such a great sense of humour

Little Sister
01-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Very interesting press conference, thank you for posting!! Most of the time the reporters didn't ask very tough questions, which is why we rarely know what Elvis himself thought about a lot of things. His own career for example. I find this remark very revealing!

Q- What Do You Think Of Your Film, ``Love Me tender``?
A- I was miscast. I shouldn`t have been in it. it was rushed...
And on a level I agree with him, it was really not the type of caracter that suited him. But for us to watch Love Me Tender now, is such a relief, since it was so far from Elvis typical role.