PDA

View Full Version : back in time part 6...news from 1982

bogarcon
12-14-2005, 02:21 PM
here some news from the fan club mag..1982
Ed parker did a super interviews on the tv the other week. Unfortunately it was shown on the Spanish station (in Los Angeles), so consequently no-one knew itwas on and it wasn`t taped. I saw it by chance, and it was the best interview in a long time. Not once did they mention drugs or anything nasty - just all the good stuff. They shot photos of the cape in Ed`s house and Elvis` glasses in the case etc. It was really nice.
from Europe...the album ``ROCKIN` and ROMANTIC ELVIS`` made the charts!
Clint Eastwood will began filming his new movie ``HONKYTONK MAN`` in Memphis in early September.
George Klein`s film ``ELVIS MEMORIES`` is the hands of TV personality Dick Clark. Having failed to sell the TV special to various networks, George turned the film over to Dick Clark with the hopes that he will be able to do something with it.
Kathy Westmoreland has been in a very serious auto accident recently. However, she is recovering from her injuries and is expected to be OK when all is said and done. Our prayers are with Kathy as always...
Lisa Marie was in Memphis recently. She moved about the city un-noticed, went shopping and visited Graceland. She did not stay at Graceland as she preferred to stay with Elvis`` relatives.
From Europe...``SONG OF THE SHRIMP`` is one of Elvis` biggest hits in Sweden!
Gilger Alden has recently received an award for ``STAR OF TOMORROW``.
John Wilkinson, Elvis` rythm guitarist, is currently doing his own show at the Skylark lounge in Los Angles.
Billy Smith is now back at Graceland and is supervisor for all the tour guide.
A limited edition of 7,500 singles were pressed and handed out to fans Anniversary Week in Tupelo by Joan Deary of RCA. The Single was ``AMERICAN TRILOGY/IMPOSSIBLE DREAM``.
The extended version of ``THIS IS ELVIS`` is to be on NBC this fall.
Now our exciting news is we have a new LP called ``THE ELVIS MEDLEY`` and it is reallt super great. It is doing very well on radio airplay and I think and predict it is a winner for RCA and most of all Elvis fans.
Gilder Alden has lost her lawsuit with the estate over paying off the mortgage of her mother`s house. The court rules the estate owes nothing to Mrs. Alden.
There is a lot of controversy over the movie here that Priscilla made with Michael Landon called ``THE COMEBACK``. It is a TV movie and will be shown in February. Landon has said that she is a terrible actress and he cut many of her scenes in the movie. Other articles have said that London treated Priscilla badly and she did her own underwater scenes with sharks etc. and he used a double and this made him angry. I don`t know what the truth is. When the movie is shown people will be able to see for themselves. Priscilla says she is now her own woman and not Mrs. Elvis and her last name did not get her this part. She feels she did an excellent job on the movie.
A new Christmas LP will be out soon with alternate takes and a long version of ``MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY`...
more ``back in time`` soon, have a nice day, bogarcon ;) :cold:

Dovey
12-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks for all the great information!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old "Cilla" does not need to worry about making any more money on me, I would never pay anything to see her in a movie or anyplace else as far as that is concerned. She uses her name to get her places but it never works out as far a TV and moves go. I think she has done enought hard to Elvis and should change her name back to what ever the heck it is now. She is a disgrace to the human race. (She has make a lot of money scorning a great man and feeling sorry for herself!!!)

The other information you posted is really interesting and I enjoyed reading all of it . Thank you so much for sharing.. :clap: :newyear: Happy Holidays to you and all the Elvis Fans.

p.s. sorry for the outbust on "cilla" but you can tell how I feel about her so sad..... (for Elvis of course) Dovey

bogarcon
12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the great information!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old "Cilla" does not need to worry about making any more money on me, I would never pay anything to see her in a movie or anyplace else as far as that is concerned. She uses her name to get her places but it never works out as far a TV and moves go. I think she has done enought hard to Elvis and should change her name back to what ever the heck it is now. She is a disgrace to the human race. (She has make a lot of money scorning a great man and feeling sorry for herself!!!)

The other information you posted is really interesting and I enjoyed reading all of it . Thank you so much for sharing.. :clap: :newyear: Happy Holidays to you and all the Elvis Fans.

p.s. sorry for the outbust on "cilla" but you can tell how I feel about her so sad..... (for Elvis of course) Dovey
thanks you`re welcome. I saw ``Cilla`` twice in person. The firast time in Vegas for the Elvis convention (1978) and in 1993 (january) in Memphis for the US mail ``elvis stamp``...very starnge lady. I saw her another time but I was very far, it was in 1994 for the Elvis tribute in memphis for the payperview tv show. have a nice day. bogarcon. I will ``work`` on the part 7 soon...