PDA

View Full Version : soundboard Summer Festival

Albert
10-23-2005, 01:31 PM
http://www.elvisnews.com/images/coverart/big/cd_summerfestival.jpg

Live in - Las Vegas, NV. - August 11, 1972 (Dinner Show)

http://www.tcb-world.com/files/listen.gif Tracklist: (click on the track to hear a 20 second sample) Help

01. Opening Theme
02. See See Rider
03. I Got a Woman
04. Until It's Time For You To Go
05. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
06. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
07. Polk Salad Annie
08. What Now My Love
09. Fever
10. Love Me
11. Blue Suede Shoes
12. One Night
13. All Shook Up
14. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
15. Heartbreak Hotel
16. Hound Dog
17. Love Me Tender
18. Suspicious Minds
19. Introductions
20. My Way
21. An American Trilogy
22. Can't Help Falling In Love
23. Little Sister/Get Back
24. It's Over
25. Proud Mary
26. Never Been To Spain
27. For The Good Times
28. A Big Hunk O'Love
29. Tiger Man (Opening Only)

Tracks 23 & 24 - recorded live in Las Vegas, NV. on August 11, 1972 at the midnight show
Tracks 25-29 - recorded live in Las Vegas, NV. on August 12, 1972 at the midnight show

Reviews:
None, please submit

elvis fan 1976
10-26-2005, 04:34 AM
Somereason this sounds like 1973 Elvis. But its not. (y)

nabelt24
11-02-2005, 06:04 AM
I don't really care for the cover at all. Seems they could make something more modern or cool? It just looks so dated! They could have thought of a better title as well.

GraceLand
11-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Is this cd worth buying?

the colonel
11-11-2005, 06:15 PM
I still think BLAZING INTO THE DARKNESS, Was a hell of a lot better, nothing like those old BOOTS!

NEA
12-31-2005, 05:29 PM
A must-have for any EP'72 Fan. Although, I don't rate the sound quality on the majority of this soundboard recording - had to adjust my graphic equaliser considerably.

Nevertheless, highlights from this August 11th Dinner Show for me, include a beautiful version of "Until It's Time For You To Go", "What Now My Love", "My Way" and a rousing "American Trilogy". The other highlights on this CD include a selection of great performances from the August 12th Midnight Show very reminiscent of "Elvis On Tour" and "Live at Madison Square Garden". It's a great shame about the nineteen seconds-only of "Tiger Man" - I was just getting into that (****it!). But, it's still well-worth a buy!

Cheers,

NEA.

orwell1976
01-26-2006, 09:26 AM
For the cover artwork they used the design of the flyers Colonel Parker advertised the "Elvis Summer Festival 1972" with. It doesn't look too good in my opinion, but it fits the content. The sound of the recording is pretty good, although the volume level changes a lot (maybe some hyperactive soundengeneer ?). Elvis delivers a good performance. Not outstanding, but very good. Once in a while he cracks a joke ("What Now, My Love"), but mostly he is focused on his singing. FTD put some bonus tracks on the disc and every one of them is worth listening. "Tiger Man" can't be considered as a song, but I guess the FTD people just wanted to show, that Elvis still could bring up something that wasn't expected.

I would recommand this release to every fan, because you get a good sounding recording and a nice show.

(y)

Ferry01
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
As far as I know, Elvis at full blast! (Fort Baxter) and Blazing into darkness (premier) are from the same date, aug 11, 72. At full blast contains the midnight show and Blazing the dinnershow. I think that the show on Summer Festival isn't the same show as Blazing into darkness, and it isn't the same as on At full blast.
So my question; which cd contains which show?
By the way, I think Elvis was great during this engagement.

Ferry

GraceLand
01-30-2006, 12:08 PM
As far as I know, Elvis at full blast! (Fort Baxter) and Blazing into darkness (premier) are from the same date, aug 11, 72. At full blast contains the midnight show and Blazing the dinnershow. I think that the show on Summer Festival isn't the same show as Blazing into darkness, and it isn't the same as on At full blast.
So my question; which cd contains which show?
By the way, I think Elvis was great during this engagement.

Ferry

ELVIS AT FULL BLAST contains the midnight show from the same evening as summer festival.
The date for blazing into the darkness as listed on the cd is wrong!

easyrider
01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Great concert!!!