PDA

View Full Version : Funny Article

THENATUREBOY
10-21-2005, 04:50 AM
I dont know if this article has been posted yet, but I ran across it on the internet and it cracked me up.

Tupac Shakur will be greater than Elvis: Nick Cannon believes slain rapper Tupac Shakur will one day become more iconic than rock 'n' roll star Elvis Presley. The rapper/actor was devastated when he heard Shakur was murdered in 1996, and he continues to listen to the hip-hop star's music to this day. He tells Blender magazine, "Tupac's the greatest MC ever. He could talk about his love for his mom and at the same time, he'd talk about the strip club and how much he hates the police.

"He was more than a rapper - he was a cultural icon, a poet, an activist in the community, a modern-day philosopher. I think his legacy will be greater than Elvis...All Eyez On ME was my anthem. I wanted everybody to be watching me at all times." (News, Source: AP)

Memphisgurl
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
coming from a "actor" like nick cannon, sure tupac was a great artist but how can u compare him to the king!!!!!

Lisarose
08-05-2007, 04:19 AM
I think it's great that Elvis set the bar for those wanting to achieve true greatness. However, very few have come close to reaching the top. I was watching TVGuide's program about Clay Akin (?) the guy who came in 2nd on American Idol. His fans declare him to be bigger than Elvis. Sorry, I disagree. He certainly is charming , he is from the south, and he has a great voice, but I don't think he's capable of making any song his own in the same manner that Elvis did. Every song Elvis tackled came alive. Just listen to "Love Machine" or any song for soundtrack tune!

Dorulet
08-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Tupac who ?
Oh, come on, let's be serious, Tupac is a joke compared to Elvis, he doesn't even sing. In fact, rap isn't about singing, it's about talking. And i can't see how a guy who only knows how to talk can be considered bigger than Elvis ?

Burning_Love
08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh dear. How stupid can somebody be ? I am not impressed. Wow, TUPAC ??? Nah sorry only know like 2 of his songs and i am 16, and people my age like that music. Sorry Tupac, but your really not better than Elvis..

EP4MEUK
08-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh come on ...how ridiculous a statement I have ever heard. There for one is no comparison either in music or talent even looks ..there is and always will be one king of music and that is ELVIS........

Susan x

Lisarose
02-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Tupac who ?
Oh, come on, let's be serious, Tupac is a joke compared to Elvis, he doesn't even sing. In fact, rap isn't about singing, it's about talking. And i can't see how a guy who only knows how to talk can be considered bigger than Elvis ?

Elvis did rap - imo, US Male an excellent rap song!

Awickedreigndrop
02-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Elvis did rap - imo, US Male an excellent rap song!

To me, in the remix of Little Less Conversation, it sounds like Elvis is rapping in that(In the verse). If he lived I bet you he could have mastered that genre as well:P;):lol:

waymore44
09-26-2008, 04:24 AM
That's the most ignorant thing I've ever read.

shelley.m.
09-26-2008, 05:00 AM
I read this statement by Nick Cannon.I believe it's total "hogwash."

Ronn
09-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Who's Tupac? Geez, I might have been left behind. This is the first time I heard that name. Seriously.

Estela
07-02-2009, 12:28 PM
.................... :)

Teddy
07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
"Tupac's the greatest MC ever. He could talk about his love for his mom and at the same time, he'd talk about the strip club and how much he hates the police"

You can see why he was "the greatest"! (y)
Loving your mother is like a one-way ticket to the strip club!
Tupac grew up and schooled in one of the wealthiest counties in the whole of the United States. Nothing's going to foster a hatred of the police like a background of extreme privilege. :rolleyes:

Sonny
07-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Tupac who?

The title sums it up pretty well.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Overrated.

john carpenter
07-06-2009, 01:49 AM
I posted this a while ago..under is Nick (Carey) Cannon Crazy? IMo Tupac can't even shine Elvis' shoes...In the words of "Red Foxx" I'm having the big one"...give me a break(n)