PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Radio 24 hrs a day!

Menwithbrokenhearts
10-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone. I just started listening to Elvis Radio over on the Sirius Satellite Radio site and it is awesome! They have a free three day trial. I don't know what the monthly cost is, I guess I'll find out when my trial runs out. I hope it's not too much, they have some really cool programming. Anyone listened in yet? What's your opinion?

the Elvis page:
http://www.siriusradio.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=Channel&cid=1104779639585&s=prog

Here is a list of some of their programming daily and special.

DJs You'll Hear on Weekdays:
Rob Grayson
(7 am - 2 pm ET)

Doc Walker
(2 pm - 8 pm ET)

TY
(8 pm - 12 am ET)

ELVIS SPECIALS:
THE ELVIS RADIO VAULTS with Doc Walker
(7 pm - 8 pm ET) Thursday
(7 pm - 8 pm ET) Sunday (encore)

THE GEORGE KLEIN SHOW
(3 pm - 7 pm ET) Friday

THE BILL ROCK SHOW
(7 pm - 10 pm ET) Saturday

SOUNDTRACK SATURDAY NIGHT with Bill Rock
(10 pm - 12 am ET)

ELVIS LIVE IN CONCERT with Doc Walker
(12 am ET) Saturday night
(10 pm – 12 am ET) Sunday night (encore) I think "Closing Night " from FTD is next

ELVIS GOSPELTIME
(8 am - 10 am ET) Sunday morning

THE ORIGINAL ELVIS HOUR with George Klein
(9 pm - 10 pm ET) Sunday

Wendy56
10-20-2005, 05:49 PM
I knew about this radio since past year. I wanted to try it, but I couldn't. Now, with your references, I guess that Elvis-radio-only is a cool option for fans (and no-fans too). :P Thanks for that info. Enjoy that trial Menwithbrokenhearts! ;)

Tommy
10-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Thank you menwithbrokenhearts for the great information about the radio. I can see you are ejoying the Elvis radio. (y)

Wish I could hook up with Sirius.

Tommy :)

wheels_02
10-20-2005, 10:05 PM
The monthly subscription fee is $12.95. There are a few different plans to choose from. You can go to www.sirius.com and check out what they have to offer. You will need to buy a receiver or boombox to be able to listen to Sirius Radio. Quite a few stores carry the receivers... Circuit City, Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack. I have had Sirius Radio for almost a year now and I love it. I had the people at Circuit City install mine in my car and they did a fantastic job. If you are handy, you will be able to install it yourself and save yourself a little bit of money. Once it's installed, you have to call Sirius and they will activate it for you. I think that it's a $15.00 fee to do that.

Menwithbrokenhearts
10-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Wheels-02.... Thanks for the info! :cool:

Tommy
10-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Wheels_02

Yes, thank you for the information, my kind of stores too. Elvis would have loved all the new electronic toys.

Tommy :)

Albert
10-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks for this info :cool:

I've already found some great online Elvis radiochannels (shoutcast), but I miss the in-between talking. Is this Sirius Elvis channel with talking, or music only?

wheels_02
10-25-2005, 01:36 AM
The channel is mostly Elvis music. You will hear the DJ's talk every now and then. They do not have commercials on this channel like they do with regular radio... which I love. They have some great shows on Elvis Radio... The Elvis Radio Vaults, The George Klein Show, Elvis Live in Concert, and Sunday Morning Gospel. You can call in and do requests and they will get your song played. Sometimes, you might hear yourself on the radio.. they record some of the calls.

Go to www.sirius.com and you can get a free 3 day pass to listen and decide if this is something that you'd like to purchase or not. I think that the best time to get the 3 day pass is from Friday through Sunday... that's when you'd hear the George Klein Show, From the Vaults, Live in Concert, and the Gospel songs.

RS277
10-25-2005, 01:46 AM
I haven't listened to anything else since I installed my Sirius radio. It's Elvis 24/7, no commercials and plenty of rarities. During the George Klein hour, he tells stories and former Memphis Mafia members phone in from time to time. Klein also interviews movie co-stars, etc. The most enjoyable thing for me is, I hear lots of stuff, I normally wouldn't break out a CD to listen to. It's well worth the money. Be leary of one thing, they offer a lifetime subscription.....small print (lifetime of the radio unit, not your lifetime). So the yearly/monthly subscription is the way to go! (y)