PDA

View Full Version : For The Dutch Elvis Fans

mn-designs
06-09-2004, 09:39 PM
For all dutch fans there is fantastic news: Like in the usa there is in Holland on June 16th in Utrecht, stair way to heaven cafe, a screening of the new dvd '68 comeback!!! you can get free tickets on this site (only 600 tickets!!): 68 comeback tickets (http://www.68elviscomeback.nl/) and even better: the new dvd's (comeback and aloha) will allready be sold there! you can only buy it as a set but for the unbelievable price of ? 50,-! so all you dutch fans be there! allready got my tickets!
Happy hunting...

mn-designs
06-10-2004, 06:46 AM
if you got any tickets please post it here, maybe we can go togheter to that party! or finally meet eachother in person!

P.S. Annie
06-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Sorry can't make on the 16th, please let us know how it was (y) On the 26th we are going to Belgium for a big screen showing of the new Aloha DVD, can't wait :clap:

Elvis' Babe
06-10-2004, 09:00 AM
lol, oh yeah we're just going to belgium...

roflmao. (that's kinda on the other end of the world...lol)

no but i'll tell ya how the u.s.a. screening is!

P.S. Annie
06-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Elvis' Babe@Jun 10 2004, 10:00 AM
lol, oh yeah we're just going to belgium...

For us only a 2 hour drive, and we are going to make a nice weekend of it. (y)

Elvis' Babe
06-10-2004, 09:12 AM
2 hours takes me either to ensenada, mexico or los angeles, ca...

enjoy aloha on the big screen...

am i the only one that kinda thinks that the european fans seem more into elvis than the usa fans...i dunno, its almost like that...i dont think usa fans make a big enough deal about their own icons of americana culture.

kinda like "you don't know what you have until you lose it"

except i dont think the usa still has figured that out.

can you actually talk about elvis over there? i mean here its like if you like elvis and know too much people think you are a freak. :bash: maybe its just me.

P.S. Annie
06-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Elvis' Babe@Jun 10 2004, 10:12 AM

enjoy aloha on the big screen...

Well we have a lot of Elivs fans, and lately its getting more accepeted to talk about Elvis, but you still have to be carefull don't get to enthusiatic about it or else they think you're some weirdo :P You see him more and more on the tele in those programms were they go back to the 60's/70's and most of the time they show some nice stuff and actualy are really positive about his contribution to our modern culture.

Sonny
06-10-2004, 05:59 PM
PS Annie is right, and Elvis'Babe, you're right to!

In Europe it's very easy to talk about Elvis, and he's on television regularly and on some "oldies" radio stations as well.

That has changed over the last 25 years I guess...
When I was going to school I was just about the only Elvis fan and most people thought I was crazy or something... (I am, but that's beside the point here :D )

Nowadays Elvis seems much more accepted or something. Maybe that's because of the media attention he got over the last couple of years.

In the States things are slightly diff'rent (I know, because some of my relatives live in California).

It's also odd that most imports are easier to come by in Europe than in the States.

Then again, you guys are much closer to Graceland!!! :D

Sonny